Kemba Financial Credit Union Employee Reviews in United States

Micromanaged
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHAugust 20, 2015
Ridiculous amounts of micromanagement. No work/life balance. No confidential information between employees and management.
Great Benefits
Mortgage Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  CorporateJanuary 31, 2015
Great co-workers, poor management. Manager of Mortgage department has no idea how to originate a mortgage, nor any idea what it's like to be a mortgage loan originator. Manager will talk about you behind your back in a negative way to co-workers. She seems way over her head. The turn over in Kemba is unreal, and in the mortgage department is well over 500%. Average tenure is 3 months as a mortgage loan originator. There have been 5 different LO's in 2014, in a department of 2 LO's. Could be a great department if upper management would invest in the people.
Pros
great benefits, great co-workers
Cons
poor management in my department
Close Knit Group
Corporate (Former Employee) –  Gahanna, OHOctober 21, 2014
If your manager likes you they will have your back and help you achieve. I think that's called favoritism which is not uncommon in any company.
Personal friends of management elected to the Board of Directors, which is not unheard of.
Former compliance officer for the credit union is now
working for the company that audits the credit union.
Co-workers were nice but would throw you under the bus to keep
their own job.
The guy at the top only knew what his managers wanted him to know keeping other things in the dark giving the impression that all was well in the company.
HR was no help in trying to help resolve issues if you had a problem
with management, she made things worse for you, especially if your manager and her have been friends for years. I never felt like I could trust HR.
I did enjoy learning the things that I did. It was a beautiful office.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
you need to be part of the "in group".
A great place to work while in school
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 20, 2014
I received a lot of support while I completed my schooling and enjoyed working with my team.
Member Service Representative
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Gahanna, OHMay 21, 2014
I gained so much knowledge of the banking world. I learned how to be a remote teller.
Mortgage loan Officer
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Gahanna, OhioJune 4, 2013
A typical day at work consist of you answering phones and advising members about various mortgage loans options. You then require to take the application over the phone, email disclosures and gather income documents.
The management for me was horrible. My manager was doing everything to impress his boss and didn't care much about the employees under him.
The hardest part about the job is there is zero room for error. When an error occurred, the CEO was aware of it.
Kemba has good benefits but the workload was unbearable.
Pros
good benefits such as 401k and vacation 4 weeks
Cons
less staffs as a result you are drain at the end of the day
Great place to work! Love the people!
Member Service Representative/Teller (Former Employee) –  Bellefontaine BranchNovember 2, 2012
A typical work day at KEMBA would start off balancing the ATM machine and processing the Night Drop transactions and getting the teller line prepared for opening the branch for the day. At my time with KEMBA I learned to open accounts, how to maintain the accounts as far as filling out disputes for member's, ordering cards, stopping payments on both paper and electronic, depositing and withdrawing cash and checks,creating loans and many other services. KEMBA was a great place to work, filled with caring co-workers and a fantastic managemet team.I would say the hardest part of my position at KEMBA would have to be not being able to assist someone who had taken a financial loss from fraud checks and the most enjoyable would have to be when I was able to help them save money and make life easier for them.
Pros
paid holiday's off and great benefits, great co-worker's

Want to know more about Kemba Financial Credit Union?

Ask a question