KEMET Electronics Corporation Employee Reviews

great place to work in a team enviroment
Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCNovember 8, 2017
Kemet was the first job that I had . At Kemet I was introduced to the manufacturing environment. It was fast paced with emphasis on safety, quality, and productivity in a team environment. Kemet makes capacitors of various types. A company that makes electronics must be on the cutting edge of technology. As an employee at Kemet, you get an opportunity to learn innovative manufacturing processes and work with some technological advanced equipment. The only problem at Kemet was getting laid off unexpectedly. I am considering reapplying to once again join the Kemet team.
Enjoyed working at Kemet, but was laid offf
Electronics Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCJanuary 11, 2017
Good benefits. Had to do some travel to Mexico. Was laid off so job isn't what I would consider a good risk. I was salaried. Did have sick days.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Layoffs
Great company
Area Coordinator/water treatment specialist (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 29, 2016
Great company sad that foreign competitors dictate material prices that forced the closing spend 19 years in one place really planned on retirement from Kemet
Pros
Work schedule benefits
Professional and inclusive workforce
Injection Mold Machine Set-up Technician (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCJanuary 25, 2016
The hardest part of the job was getting laid off due to market fluctuations. Immediate supervisors and management were superb and supportive of upward movement of employees. I miss the team aspect of working there.
Great place for exposure
Middle management (Current Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCMarch 24, 2014
The company is very volatile and undergoes change routinely. It is a great place to learn as you are constantly challenged to do more with less and wear many hats.
Pros
Exposure to new responsibilities
Cons
too many lay-offs, too little help, not enough training
I enjoyed every day I worked at Kemet Electronics Corporation.
Equipment Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCJune 10, 2013
I don't know of many people who actually looked forward to going to work every day, but I can truthfully say that of my time at Kemet. Although there were times where I was frustrated and overextended, I was able to work well in the Kemet system to achieve the company's goals while at the same time realizing my personal goals.

Kemet Electronics is a multinational company with many talented engineers and scientists from all over the world. It was my interactions with these people that made working at Kemet such a joy. Every day was a new challenge and working with people from all across the globe to solve complex technical issues was part of my every day routine. I learned how to work with different cultures from many different educational backgrounds and successfully complete our project goals.
Pros
Extremely challenging work atmosphere.
Cons
Sometimes critical information was not communicated as it should have been.
International Company focused on the bottom line. Compensation and benefits were good.
Accounts Receivable / Credit Representative (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCFebruary 12, 2013
Managed all aspects of a customer's accounts from setting it up to applying cash, issuing credit notes, etc. Supported AR teams from other KEMET affiliates. Miscellaneious project work.which included new report developement, refining reports, redesiging invoice forms. Prepared reports for management. Maintained tax code and VAT text tables used for invoicing KEMET customers worldwide. Maintained table used for creating Inter-company sales between KEMET entities..
Pros
had the opportunity to learn more aspects of the kemet systems, part of the financial systems integration team for new plant acquisitions.
Cons
as business declined, people were let go which placed more work on less people.
Watch out for lay offs
Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  SimpsonvilleAugust 31, 2011
Kemet was a good company to work for. It however, lays employees off on a regular basis due to mismanagement and the nature of the capacity business.
Cons
lay offs, mismanagement