Kemper Services Group

Kemper Services Group Employer Reviews

Unprofessional, dyfunctional management
Underwriter, SIU/Analyst (Former Employee), Moosic, PAJune 20, 2013
Pros: 25 pto days.
Cons: managers demonstrate a high degree of favoritism, employee strengths are not always matched job function, resistance to change in current procedures
Stay away from this company. Does not adapt to change- on any level- well. Does not invest in IT or system upgrades. Sytems/platforms that should be integrated for a better experience for the employees and clients are not. Lack of system integration leads to high level of frustration among employess and irate calls from clients.
Some managers enforce – more... dress code (good), while others do not. This leads to a mix of employees- some dressed for work- others dressed as if ready to go to a frat party.
Company announced layoffs in June 2012, and were finalized in November 2012 for some employees. Other employees, who were told their jobs would not be affected by the layoffs, were relieved of their duties in October 2012.
Appears Directors lied to the employees who were relieved without notice, or the Directors were unaware and kept out of the loop.
Hard to pick which is worse, a lying Director or a clueless Director. – less
Challenging wih consistant change
Senior Claims Supervisor (Former Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAFebruary 7, 2013
Pros: leadership
Cons: disciplinary action
Responsibilities involvd over-seeing a persnal injuy department/unit that was responsible for catestrophic claim handling in MI and directly invlved in the MI MCCA claim handling. I also assigned claims to various adjusters depnding on level of experience for various States.

Direct leadership responsibilities including coaching,directing and reporting – more... to upper mangement. – less
Great work place but it's scheduled to close shop
IT Application Developer III (Former Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAFebruary 2, 2013
The Head Company of Kemper decided to consolidate due to low revenues on one of there businesses - Kemper Direct. Unfortunately, despite great advancements in technology for Kemper Direct, low revenues & high insurance claims due to catastrophes forced mass lay-offs & scheduled closure of the company.
Worst place I ever worked
Subrogation Adjuster (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 26, 2012
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: environment and management
A typical day at work was most of the time loud at times during the day. Those in charge walking around making request at the principal's office which was the head manager's office. They did not consistenly reach their goals and made in one month what the bigger insurance companies made in a week. As with any job you want to learn as much as you can – more... for your own personal and professional growth. I learned a lot and therefore, I have no regrets. As for management they were the most unprofessional I have ever worked for and I have learned a lot from them. I understand exactly what human resources role is for a company, which the representative we have did not look professional and she did not act that way as well. None, the less, I learned a lot of good, bad and evil that happens no matter where you go. The most surprising thing that I got from this company and management is that they are willing to do whatever they can to save their company money. That means they will lie, cover up, retaliate, bully and again lie to cover themselves. I pulled my insurance coverage from them as well as I did not like what they stood for as a company and management within a company. They lacked the basic skills to motivate their employees, which was sad. It was a position, I was passing through and will graduate with my degree July 2013. My position is within the Health care Management and through their lack of professionalism within management, they have given me an idea of how I do not want to be. – less