Kemper Employee Reviews

Excellent work environment
Programmer - Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Long Grove, ILMarch 13, 2017
Kemper was a great place to work. Work/life balance was great, the Management was understanding, as long as you show that you are working they really leave you alone, but again you must show that you are contributing and working.

Pros
Flexible work hours
Pros
Flexible work hours
not a bad place to work
Auto Salvage Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 11, 2017
I enjoyed my time here bit it has it moments. when you think there need =s to be more training from more qualified staff members and employees. I would recommend them to other people.
Pros
room to move up in the company
Cons
long distance from home
Work Comp experience
Worker's Compensation Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLMarch 8, 2017
Learned a lot about Worker's Compensation, worked across the country in all states and learned how to work with Insurance Adjustors and how to get the benefits required by the claimant.
Pros
Excellent Learning environment
Cons
Kemper sold to Broadspire.
Got My Career Off the Ground
Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Long Grove, ILFebruary 19, 2017
I had not been in the job force for too many years. I showed a lot of enthusiasm and desire for learning. I learned a lot; the company provided me with much opportunity and got my career rolling.
Pros
opportunity for career growth
Good
Insurance Agent / Area Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCFebruary 17, 2017
Great boss, flexible schedule. There are months that pay is low and referrals are down but there are also great months with wonderful pay.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Low pay at times
Insurance Agent
Insurance Field Agent (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INFebruary 9, 2017
Sold insurance products for life and renter's. I learned a lot, but it was hard living on commission based income. The training was very challenging.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Commission based pay
Time management
Agent-Financial Service (Floater) (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 4, 2017
In my work place we learn about teamwork and coming together as a team.Time management helps you with your organizational skills.
Pros
long lunches
Cons
Not being able to take time off
Very Stressful
Licensed Agent (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 27, 2017
Kemper insurance takes your personal life away your always working to insure you meet your weekly quota's. Very competitive environment a family oriented person YOU SHOULD BE SINGLE AND NO CHILDREN IF DOING THIS JOB. They hold you liable for pre exsisting accounts if the client decides to drop insurance and it comes out of my pay if its not covered by a new client.
Productive and good place to work
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 22, 2017
There are some good opportunities to work here. Learned a lot on the project management process, especially on risk management and proactive planning.
Look elsewhere
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 14, 2017
I have been with the company for a while, Senior Level Management doesn't have a clue, there is no work life balance. It is very hard to advance and the benefits are getting worse each year.
A good place to work
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  West Haven, CTJanuary 14, 2017
A good place to work I only wish I could have worked there longer. I was a Quality Control Inspector. Inspecting parts and Pull testing parts to meet spec. I also filed test reports with purchase orders to establish traceability. A typical day included filing, testing parts and pull testing straps and thread in so that they met spec.
You can earn more and be better appreciated in fast food
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 12, 2017
Do you want a lfe? Do you want mgt to recognize your growth and worth? Do you want a company and team that supports you? If you answered yes to any of those questions Kemper is not for you. My director judged you on hours spent in your seat not work performed. She worked 100 hours a week so everyone else had to do so as well to be considered proficient. I was also salaried and a business analyst and expected to be on call 24/7...for what a requirements emergency? She constant threw my salary in my face (Which was low) and even called me on Christmas day with something to do when I got back in the office...uh email anyone? My team was difficult since we were all pitted against one another. I am a manager now at another company and put in fewer hours and have much less stress....run...
Pros
You will get paid
Cons
Poor manangement company culture not cohesive
No advancement opportunities/ poor management and supervision
FNOL Rep (Former Employee) –  Moosic, PAJanuary 11, 2017
The job in itself is actually very enjoyable and simple. However, supervisors refuse to assist when needed, and belittle and embarrass you when you make a mistake after asking for assistance numerous times to avoid errors. Little to no quality reviews. The ones selected to monitor calls grade on how they think the call should be handled without any set standards to follow. Very difficult to manage personal and business life as they often deny request for time off even with very reasonable notice and refuse to work with you in tough situations. Don't plan family vacations unless you are ready to request it a year in advance and even then there is little chances of actually getting the time off. Yet management comes and goes as they please
Very poor quality of phone and computer systems. Frequent outages and crashes. Pay is only decent if you work the later shift. Could take up to 4 years before you can even be considered for a shift change. No advancement opportunities. If you're looking for a career opportunity that will help you advance and grow with a company you will not find it at Kemper. Whether you get an annual wage increase depends on the entire department, not individual performance. You'll hear the same agents continue to be rude, disrespectful, and perform poorly with out any reprecussions. Makes it very difficult to stay motivated knowing nothing is being done about it and your own wages are being hurt by other employees.
Pros
Business casual dress code
Cons
Poor leadership skills, very poor performance standards. No room for advancment
Company no longer exists
Compensation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Long Grove, ILDecember 28, 2016
was a great organization until it got too big. HR Team was awesome and hard working. HR Leadership was great. Company is no longer in existence.
Drains your soul.
Information Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 19, 2016
This company uses you until you are burned out and soulless. You are over worked and under paid. I enjoy the friends I have there, but I see the same treatment with them. If you are in the inner circle you are golden, otherwise you are nothing but a number.
Pros
A job
Cons
Nothing to strive for.
You are alone, no team spirit
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 27, 2016
Kemper have good benefits and decent pay, but most managers are workaholic and they expect you to be the same way, so if you do the 40 hours you are getting paid for...under their eyes you are lazy. Some managers don't have family around therefore they have no understanding of what work-life balance means or having kids sick. Most people dress very unprofessional and talk even worse. No chances of advancement if you are not part of the favorite people. Not everyone is treated fairly and surprisingly HR does not do anything about it. No sick time, all you have is pto but you can't use it unless you already accrued it. Since there is no team spirit, you will teach yourself everything and you will become a professional in whatever you need to learn.
Pros
Decent pay, decent benefits
Cons
Unfair treatment, no advancements
Excellent work place
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 17, 2016
Day to day job was almost a routine at the same time very challenging it was never a moment of routine almost like robotic boring routine, very systematic and lovely work space that made everything easy and a best place to work in from the warmth of Dallas people to the amenities at work.
Hostile work environment
Former Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXNovember 8, 2016
I wouldn't recommend anyone to work here. The company is all about favoritism no training at all. It's a hostile environment
Claim Adjuster
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAOctober 26, 2016
Customer service oriented. Intake of claims from policyholders and agents. Assessing liability, monitoring auto repairs, handling medical bills and settlement of subrogation from other carriers.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Watch out
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Dallas TXSeptember 27, 2016
Stay away from the Dallas commercial department. The department is set up for failure. The manager will do everything to make himself look good at your expense.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Managment will throw you to the wolves to protect theirselves.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kemper. Our community is ready to answer.