This position provides database administration, programming support and troubleshooting to IT projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES and QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability to fulfill the position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job duties include the following:
- Write and maintain Oracle packages, Procedures and Triggers
- Troubleshoot/Debug/PL/SQL code
- Perform maintenance on data records
- Construct complex data queries and perform data analysis
- Monitor Oracle Database jobs and backups
- Assist in Database Administration (apply Oracle patches, investigate performance issues, etc.)
- Interact with Oracle Support as necessary
- Assist and perform in Code Reviews
- Develop application code including packages and procedures
- Modify tables to support integration automation and application releases.
- Review application codes and deploy approved scripts to test and production environments.
- Work with customers/users to identify and develop system requirements, taking into account desired results and hardware limitations
- Provide recommendations for solutions and estimates of work.
- Perform data extraction, data cleansing, data transformation and data loading into multi databases.
- Plan, coordinate and implement security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSES, TRAINING and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or I.T. Technology Systems
- Certifications/relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Three to five years of Oracle experience
- Three to five years of PL/SQL experience
- SQL Server experience preferred
- Should be familiar with Database administration
- .Net experience is a plus as is Cognos BI 10
- Experience of supporting Oracle applications in a high tech environment
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a project team
- Critical Thinking – ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Deductive Reasoning – ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense. Identifies the information needed to solve a problem effectively.
- Judgment and Decision Making – makes decisions while exhibiting good judgment and a realistic understanding of issues Considers the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Communication (Oral and Written) – takes the initiative to communicate accurate, up to date plans and information to clients/colleagues and management. Expresses thoughts clearly, both verbally and in writing. Effectively transfers, thoughts and expresses ideas orally in individual or group situations
- Required to sit for extended periods of time
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and to handle other computer components
- May be asked to lift/transport moderately heavy objects, such as computers, devices and peripherals