Temporary Field Services Technician/Deskside Technician II
Kemtah – Oklahoma City, OK
The primary responsibility of the Desk Side Technician II, is to provide standardized system set up Desk Side end-user support and service request support. The Desk Side Technician is responsible for end user data processing equipment for the clients facilities, affiliated entities, and I.T. customers. Support will require in-depth knowledge of PC Hardware, desktop Operating Systems options and settings, and network functionality. In addition, intermediate knowledge of end-user applications is required. The desktop technician is the principal owner of the service request as well as the customer’s overall satisfaction. In instances where a call cannot be resolved, appropriate escalation processes must be followed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES and QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability to be a Desk Side Technician II. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job duties may include the following:
- Provide prompt initial response to all assigned service requests
- Troubleshoot the system problem and complete repair in a timely and efficient manner, ensuring minimal recurrence of problem (rework)
- If unable to repair on initial visit, validate the user’s problem and provide information on a temporary work around, if necessary to allow the customer to continue to work, until the system is repaired
- Effectively use remote assistant tools, knowledge base, and other tools to diagnose as appropriate and where ever available in the repair customer issues within target time limits
- Provide customer with regular communication regarding status of repair/install including notification when repairs are complete
- Communicate with customer appropriate advice and techniques to avoid future incidents of a similar nature.
- Ensure system is appropriately secured (case is locked, system password protected, etc.)
- Escalate the service request to the appropriate IT support for resolution if problem cannot be handled within provided time constraints
- Participate in IT projects as needed
- Exercise appropriate workflow and time management
- Maintain outstanding customer service
- Provide adequate notice for planned absences
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Attention to detail – thoroughness in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small. Monitors and checks work or information and plans and organizes time and resources efficiently.
- Collaboration – develops cooperation and teamwork while participating in a group, working toward solutions which generally benefit all involved parties.
- Communication – takes the initiative to communicate accurate, up to date plans and information to peers and management, Expresses thoughts clearly, both verbally and in writing. Listens and understands the views of others. Effectively transfers thoughts and expresses ideas orally in individual or group situations.
- Customer focus -Makes customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions. Readily readjusts priorities to respond to pressing and changing customer demands. Quickly and effectively solves customers’ problems.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, OR TRAINING
- High School diploma or G.E.D equivalent.
- Two to four years' experience in an I.T. environment, together with relevant training may also be considered.
- Requires hands-on maintenance and/or setup of personal computers, servers, networking equipment and perippherals
- Employee should be trained in the prevailing operating system and hardware systems used at the client site.
- Certifications may be required once employed.
- Formal customer service and technical training may be required.
- Two years pc support, diagnostic/troubleshooting and repair experience.
- Solid working knowledge of pc operations including hardware, operating systems and network settings.
- A valid and current drivers license, clean for the past three years.
- Required to sit for extended periods of time at the desk side or while driving to the customer worksite
- Travel is required. Requires travel between facilities within the metro area; may require travel to hospitals outside the metro. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and to handle other computer components
- May be asked to lift/transport moderately heavy objects approximately 50lbs, such as computers , devices and peripherals
- When duties are performed in clinical areas, there is potential for exposure to infections and communicable diseases, blood and body fluids. Must follow standard precautionary guidelines.
- The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification/job function.
- It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
Temporary Field Services Technician/Desk Side Technician II 2-3 Month role, potential for a full time role.
Salary $17 Per hour