Ken Garff Auto Group Employee Reviews

management will pick and choose who to favor
Internet Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Cathedral City, CAJune 13, 2017
overpromis pay, checks are always short.
will fire you out of the blue, no advancement.
constant change of pay plan, literally every other month.(sales)
A-lot of favoritism.
Do Not Care About The Employee.
We hear you? Yeah right...
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTMay 17, 2017
I worked at the call center for about 6 months and I loved it at first and it was awesome, HOWEVER when you have the same family in a management role trying to handle business is NEVER good. The call center is a horrible place and I wouldn't recommend working here
they dont like to pay employees
Technician (Former Employee) –  IowaApril 5, 2017
Doesn't keep promises. No raises when earned. Cut labor rates down whenever they feel to pay you less. Poor managment that cares about their bonus and not the person that had to earn it for them
Pros
free food all the time
Cons
uses free food to make up for lack of pay
Beware of Ken Garff AND the Salt Lake City home base
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAFebruary 21, 2017
Garff group can make you very very rich or very poor depending on how off kilter your moral compass is.

There is Zero regard for customers and employees. Any way to squeeze a buck and they will do it. Predatory lending was huge, as was bogus charges to customers. Management and
The salt lake office will make you produce insane hours and numbers or you may lose your job.

Harassment is huge. Garff is family owned so they get away with berating employees in daily meetings. Cussing, telling employees to kill themselves if they don't work days off, hit numbers, etc , etc is the norm.

Benefits after one year

They automatically opt you in for an Xmas savings account in which deductions are mandatory and only come available once a year .

If you are okay performing ethically questionable tasks-you will like garff
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
80 to 90 hour work weeks
Ken Garff is a great place to work!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 13, 2017
I am so glad I took the opportunity to work at the Ken Garff Automotive Group 3 years ago. Ken Garff has the most awesome employees. I have genuinely enjoyed working with everyone at this company.

I have learned a ton since I started at this company. Everyone is really good at what they do and seems to always be willing to help/teach you in order to be the best employee you can be.
Pros
The people, the brand, yearly reviews
Cons
401K match, Pto
Approaching 6 Years with Ken Garff
Dealership Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAFebruary 10, 2017
I've been working as part of the Ken Garff automotive group for almost 6 years now. I've worked both in dealerships and at the corporate offices. At all levels of this company I have been given opportunity to grow and progress in my career.

Management has also been excellent. All the managers I've had have genuinely cared about my success and have gone above and beyond to mentor and teach.
Horrible corporate views
Service (Former Employee) –  Alhambra, CAJanuary 31, 2017
Upper management presses for numbers and do not compensate employees properly. Huge turnover due to constantly changing corporate views. As management you spend more time in meetings and processing daily reports instead of being left to manage a dept properly. Higher ups only pat themselves on the back without having an inkling of how to run a business, concentrating on catch phrases and word placement in order to solidify the fact that they are "corporate" and you must obey.
Pros
Great group of support employees
Cons
Huge turnaround due to corporate leaders not supporting lower level employees
Great place to work for
Recetionist (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, UTJanuary 27, 2017
Each Ken Garff dealership is different. It's a great place to work when you have good management.
It's tough on family because of long work hours but has the potential to made good money. There's always room to advance and grow in the company. Company has really good standards. Care about employees
Pros
Possible to make really good money
Cons
Work very long hours
horrible work environment!
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIDecember 9, 2016
I would suggest not even apply. It's a complete waste of time. To many time are they finger pointing and not looking at the real issues here. To much turnover! No loyalty.
Cons
An amazing company to work for!
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXNovember 7, 2016
Thanks to Ken Garff I've had the opportunity to learn a lot of great things. I've also met many awesome people that truly care about you. I love my job & work family!
Pros
really great benefits
Cons
Customer Advocate Specialist (Current Employee) –  Telegraph CDJR, TaylorNovember 1, 2016
Love my job, love the company and love what I do. The company promotes from within, and we have had several people at my dealership that have already moved up the ladder.
Pros
Employee of the month and 1% Garff give back
Cons
None I can think of
Love where this company is now and going in the future
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXOctober 28, 2016
I have worked for the Ken Garff Company for 10 years and I love this company. I have been in the Automotive business for 27 years and only worked with 4 different companies in all those years. Ken Garff is by far the best. Our dealership is like family and we stand behind each other making sure everyone is doing well. The training and programs developed by Ken Garff are superb second to none. Our branding makes us stand out and a step above all other automotive groups. We strive to give our customers the best experience ever.
Pros
Great environment to work in with terrific people
Cons
Little under staffed
accomodating, fun place to be!
Service Assistant/ Rental Manager (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTOctober 28, 2016
I am a working mom, and have worked for KG for 4 years. They have accommodated many things for my family life, and have been flexible with my schedule. The hardest part of my job is the busier the service drive gets the more I have to do, so doing as many extra things can get hard to juggle. I do get help from my managers, assistant managers even in other department if needed. The most enjoyable part is being friends with a few of my co workers outside of work, and getting to know them on a more personal level.
Pros
accomodating, challenging enivronment in a good way
Love it here
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 28, 2016
Working at Ken Garff has honestly been the best places I've ever worked. I consider many of the people I work alongside with as good friends. I feel fulfilled in my work and management has always been eager to push me and let me lead my career in a direction I wanted to take it.
Pros
Vehicle discounts, great coworkers, solid management
Cons
Would like more office space
Great leadership with growth potential
Body Shop Manager (Current Employee) –  Big Star FordOctober 28, 2016
I enjoy working for the Ken Garff organization. Although they are a large dealer group you never get the "corporate overlord" mentality that exists in other dealer groups. They have always been fair and open while allowing department heads to control the direction or their respective departments. The management resources are simply amazing and never more than a phone call away.
Great Company That Really Cares
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTOctober 27, 2016
I have worked for this company at two different dealerships 3 times now over a 12 year period and always came back. The grass is definitely not greener elsewhere. Working as a service advisor and currently as a service manager I absolutely love the culture promoted from the top down. Our moral is high and the employees are what make working for this company so great. Positive attitudes will prevail while negative ones seem to just weed themselves out leaving room for those of us that truly enjoy coming to work to grow.
Pros
The feeling that all opinions matter, monthly barbeques, and great company parties.
Cons
Two party health insurance is slightly high.
Great company to work for!
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, UTOctober 27, 2016
Great company to work for. Very customer orriented and not one bit cutthroat. I have worked in the sales department and in service, both are very satisfying as notated in stars given.
Pros
Free food and great compensation. Not cutthroat
Fun, Happy, Hardworking
Shuttle Driver (Current Employee) –  Lehi, UTOctober 27, 2016
A typical day a work involves greeting and helping customers get their vehicles fixed. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting so many different people.
Pros
car discounts and benifits
Cons
sometimes you miss lunch
Great Company
Customer Advocate (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTOctober 27, 2016
This company is great! It is a place where I have been able to grow and progress in many ways. Love the management teams and the flexibility of the hours. Feels great to be part of a company that helps me grow individually and professionally.
Pros
Great people, great managment
Best job i've ever had!
Online Marketing Photographer (Current Employee) –  Lehi, UTOctober 27, 2016
I've been working at the Ken Garff Audi/Porsche Lehi location for almost a year. I'm the online marketing photographer at this location and it's definitely the best job I've ever had. All the employees are fantastic and have turned into some great friends. Once a month we get together and do great team building exercises in CLC. Sometimes management is very tough to work with, but then again I've never really worked anywhere where getting along with management was easy. Other than that I absolutely love my job and this dealership and my position within the company.
Pros
Free lunch once a month and every Saturday. Awesome co-workers
Cons
Managment is sometimes difficult to get along with

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ken Garff Auto Group. Our community is ready to answer.