Kenan Advantage Group Employee Reviews

A waste of time
Fuel Driver, Class A (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJanuary 7, 2018
The company doesn't stand by there drivers you are a just number. Low pay, insurance benefits are hella high & the hrs you wk don't add up to the pay!
Pros
You can relocate within
Cons
They say you can make $70, 000 for the yr.
good
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  N Canton, OHJanuary 5, 2018
terminal manager is bad and uncaring but dispatcher cares yet is under his control. Not a bad place reg pressures.May find what you are looking for! I like my job.
Enjoyable Workplace
Billing Clerk (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHDecember 31, 2017
The people are friendly. The work pace is not grueling, but you are expected to meet the minimums put forth. The benefits are great including dental, health, and vision; they also have events during holidays, raffle off gift baskets before christmas, holiday hams, and costume contests for halloween.
Pros
Free coffee and tea, take time off work as long as you make up the hours
Cons
I would give it zero stars if I could.
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHDecember 29, 2017
Clique behavior. High stress. Stress was unnecessary, but was persistent due to the backstabbing nature of the employees. If someone decides they like you, then you will have more opportunities for pay, time off, and / or awards. If you are not in the clique and they decide they don't like you, then you're pretty well screwed.
Pros
Steady paycheck
Cons
Backstabbing
Stable company to work for.
Professional Local Driver (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 28, 2017
This company has ben more than fair and accommodating when I was suddenly without notice laid off from my previous employer. There benefits are good and comparable to most companies I have worked for.
Fuel Petroleum Delivery
Hazmat Fuel Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 23, 2017
Every day was a different truck and also deliveries. Your growth is dependant upon a dispatcher who is not around while your working, and giving the customers the very best support. There is very little communication. You can try to keep up with vehicle repairs on a different truck everyday but your customers will have late loads. It is nice to accrue seniority and maintain successful bids for a permanent truck, but the newer drivers will whine and say they weren't trained, so that your permanent truck will be given a way, so you can complete many different customer requests. While their employment of lesser knowledge gains the most pay and rewards.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Communication Levels and Disregard for Seniority Levels and Older Drivers
Very low pay, high cost ins.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Argo, ILDecember 13, 2017
You have to constantly police your paychecks, fight to get what's owed to you if they make a mistake. Dispatch can't put a decent money day together to save their own lives. AVOID, LOOK ELSEWHERE!
Pros
Decent equipment, i had a good schedule.
Cons
Very low pay, high cost health care
Stay Away
CDL A Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHDecember 1, 2017
There is absolutely no communication or people just have no clue what's going on. You don't getting paid properly for the amount of work that you do or the amount of hours you put in. Place is only a stepping stone for something better to come around.
Pros
Cons
Pay, no communication
Excellent place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Wood River, ILNovember 29, 2017
Had a great time working for this company. I worked nights and loved it. Some of the places I delivered to were a little tight to get into, but overall most were not bad. Management stood behind the employees which was a huge plus
Pros
Work alone, newer equipment, management, pay
Cons
Prima Donna drivers, gossip, better off to keep to yourself
Horrible
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TX 75006November 13, 2017
This company hires people that cannot get jobs anywhere else. There is absolutely no advancement opportunities and no flexibility for PTO/Vacation time.

They hand out a piece of paper the beginning of every year and make you choose your 2 week vacation period a year in advance and are required to take your PTO then. Not ideal for someone who has a family.

Also, there are no windows, equipment is out of date, and there is no negotiation of salary.
no opinion
dispatcher/accounts payable (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHNovember 9, 2017
no opinion. different for everyone. no opinion
i don't have an opinion . A person would have to figure the work environment out for themselves.lot's of people lots of personalities.
Steady decline
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Wando, SCNovember 7, 2017
KAG Charleston is in it's final hours. At this point, the Charleston branch could shut down at any minute. The management are dishonest. On more than one occasion, management told drivers of an impending pay increase with actual rates and dates to be implemented. Then, changed their mind and never informed anyone.
Pros
Home every night
Cons
Pay, Management, Dispatch
Great job
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Warren, PAOctober 18, 2017
I would for certain recommend KAG to anyone looking for a local job. I have enjoyed my 5 years plus out of Warren pa. Management is good to work for, the pay is decent and they are extremely flexible in schedules,
Mechanics run away
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaOctober 10, 2017
NO RAISES!!! been here three years and nothing. I perform well and my manager seems to be happy with my performance but still nothing. Middle management is great but corporate level doesn't care about us.
Pros
I can't think of any
Cons
Pay
Great people.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, NJ 08014September 19, 2017
I was part time worker. No work so i was let go.

Work can be slow for otr but it does pick up.

Management and drivers are very friendly.............
Pros
would be called back.
Cons
extremely slow work.
I would recommend this job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CASeptember 13, 2017
I was hired, handed keys to my assigned tractor, given a fuel card and set loose (after being given orientation).
That was a simplified history but the highlights.
Pros
Captain of my own ship, . opportunities for higher pay
Cons
paid biweekly
Like the job but dissatisfied with workplace culture.
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WISeptember 13, 2017
I enjoy the work itself. Management and workplace culture here is terrible. Workers and management would rather talk about each other behind their backs than communicate directly. Lower ranked workers are often blamed for the mistakes of others. Management has no regard for safety. Shop contains many OHSA violations. Double standards in place for senior employees. There is no room to move up, if you want to be a mechanic look elsewhere.
Pros
Flexible with hours if needed.
Cons
No progression, no training.
Good tanker job.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Bozrah, CTSeptember 12, 2017
If not for the fact that you end up in Boston, or NY every night of the week, this would be a hands down retirement job for anybody that has worked in the hazmat tanker field.
Pros
Strong leadership and management support
Cons
Location is key to the stress load.
Terminal manager was great! Trainer not so much
Fuel Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Newell, WVSeptember 5, 2017
Training for the job was lacking. My trainer slept most of the day, 80% of the time his answer to a question was "What Ever". My lack of training was the reason for mistakes witch cost me my job.
Pros
office and shop personel were awesom
Cons
speeding and short cuts to complete dispatch
I worked for the auto auction for a total of 4 days.
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILSeptember 2, 2017
I arrived on time and got my assignments. I either drove cars to get washed or drove cars to another designated area, such as inspection. I liked this type of work,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kenan Advantage Group. Our community is ready to answer.