Kenan Advantage Group

Kenan Advantage Group Employee Reviews

They don't pay well or ever give out a raise.
CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 10, 2017
The pay is really low. They don't even give out cost of living increase.
I was told by management if I wanted a raise I would have to quit and find another job. Even though several of our customers said I did a outstanding job. Upper management treats employee like they don't matter to the company. Work is inconsistent. I just can't recommend them to anyone. They are always looking for drivers. There is a reason why. The equipment isn't good either. Something is always broken. Trailers are some of the oldest still on the road. Old and not well maintained. My Manager was about as good as I have ever had. But corporate called all the shots. Corporate cared about one thing. Making as much profit as possible. At the drivers expense most of the time.
Pros
You can count on them..... To treat you like a stepchild
Cons
Where do I start. Low pay. Really high insurance cost. Junk equipment.
Working At Kenan was fast paced and scheduled
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMarch 2, 2017
Working at Kenan was a fast paced job and time was managed very carefully. Going from one gas station to the next to deliver gas product while managing paperwork was detailed.
Lowest paying job in Paduach ky
Driver (Current Employee) –  Paducah, KYFebruary 22, 2017
They don't pay no money for hauling fuel all the companys in the area pays twice more .It's funny they get under bid on work and the people that under bid them pay more real poor pay truck aways down in the shop
Pros
Cons
No pay trucks aways in the shop
Job is laid back and easy but not much money.
Class A CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  DoravilleFebruary 8, 2017
The pay is too low.The dispatchers aren't very knowledgeable. And the work far too inconsistent. There's a lot of politics and under the table dealing that goes on also.
Pros
Not very stressful
Cons
Not much money
Productive and heavy work load
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAFebruary 7, 2017
A typical day at work for me included, receiving my work load and planning on how to route it. I've learned how to make my job easier everyday on myself by finding easier ways to get into my fueling stations. Most of the management team was decent. The hardest part of my job was dealing with the constant changes in the schedule. The most enjoyable part of my job was dealing with my customers.
Pros
Enjoyable work environment, good compensation
Cons
Too many work load changes, inconsistent hours
Nice place to work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Girard, OHJanuary 31, 2017
Good place to work. Very family friendly place. No force dispatch. Newer equipment to drive. Well maintained equipment. Easy going laid back environment. If there's any problems. They are quickly resolved
Lack in arena of needed information- disorganized
Driver Specialist - Petroleum Product Delivery (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHJanuary 17, 2017
No oversight of employees and lacks much needed information for serving customers. Dispatch scrambles to find critical information for drivers to load proper product and delays the overall operations of the company.
Pros
Many locations of operation
Cons
No oversight
Planner
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJanuary 9, 2017
Very busy days. Standard work schedule 8-5 with major holidays off. You have to be able to multi task and work well with others.The people at this office are very easy to get long with and the management team is hands on.
Pros
Holidays off
Cons
Technology
JOb security
Fuel Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHJanuary 5, 2017
Hauling fuel products for a living is a difficult job,because of the long hours and minimal time able to spend with family. You have plenty of job security because people always need gas or diesel
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Long hours and not so good benefits
Not a good place to work
TRANSPORT DRIVER (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHDecember 26, 2016
Typical day was 10 to 15 hrs long,what I learned was how to load and unload a tanker truck in a safe and efficient manner,the hardest part of the job ,was the fact that management did not care to do any thing about existing problems. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with our customers
Pros
THE PAY WAS GOOD FOR A 40 HR WORK WEEK, BUT I WORKED 55 TO 65 HRS SO PAY NOT SO GOOD FOR THE COMMMITMENT TO THE JOB ONE HAS TO MAKE
Cons
THE HOURS OF THE SHIFT I WORKED
Potential to make good money
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  N Canton, OHDecember 22, 2016
I have worked here since 2010 and have never had any trouble making good money here. I make around $60,000 a year now and have every weekend off. I also have plenty of 3 and 4 day weekends due to the fact I am on a dedicated run where I set my own hours. The faster I get my work done the sooner I get home. If you are willing to work hard and learn new skills the sky is the limit here. It is almost all hazardous chemicals in tankers, so you do have to be careful.
dram filled
Transport Driver CDL A (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OH 44720December 2, 2016
they dont care about the drivers and they say they want to know about problems with customers but they really dont they just blow smoke and use mirrors were everyone is only out for thems selves no one gets along
Pros
pay is good
Cons
management
Truck Driving
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILNovember 17, 2016
Ability to work without constant supervision. This is a company that gives you room to work Independently, great training provided to keep you safe and secure.
never work for this company is worse
Tanker Driver (Former Employee) –  loudon tnNovember 16, 2016
very corupt treat drivers like dirt never work there an the corn syrup plant works with them try make it where cant drive any more lose your CDL food division they close all there termials one left i think very personal every time make a buck want you spend money make world go around when you leave company they follow you make sure you get low pay very corupt nice to your face but scum of the earth i got perfect record they try make me look bad corupt people there
Pros
Cons
scam your miles of pay empty is half like 26 cents mile way back from loads
By far one of the worst companies i worked for!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 4, 2016
Dispatchers are horrible.Don't have a clue of what 90% of the a tank is.Equipment wasn't the best.Just a horrible place to work.You could not pay me enough money to go back to work for this company.
Pros
NONE
High paced
Professional Driver (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 25, 2016
Decent place to work, long shifts, expensive benefits, out dated equipment expect very high mileage trucks, pay is average, parking is a gravel lot.
Worst place I ever worked
Driver/SLAVE (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTOctober 1, 2016
If I could give less than 1 star in every category I would. I should have listened to these reviews. Turnover at RockyHill terminal is unreal. Most people quit during training. They are so desperate for drivers that they will tell you anything to get you to sign on. After that, you are their slave. Anyone who works slow gets punished. They get no hours, sent home early. If you make a mistake it's a huge problem. You will not sleep at night worrying about where they might send you the next day. The head dispatcher will push you beyond your hours of service. Trucks are always coming back to the yard loaded because drivers run out of hours all the time. Forget about management. They won't help you. Tell them your problems if you want but they will do nothing to help you at the gas stations. Steer clear of this place. It's about to collapse under the bad management. They might be closing rocky hill (and new haven)soon. Also, they lie about raises. IF you get a raise, it's only applies to Sat. and Sun. Drivers were talking about calling the union because it was so crazy.
Pros
Learn how to be MacGuyver because you will break down often
Cons
They might send you to cover for another terminal in Massachusetts without warning
Great drivers and relaxed atmosphere
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Geismar, LASeptember 30, 2016
I enjoyed my position with Kenan but unfortunately my position was done away with without notice. I loved my daily routine and learned how to be a better dispatcher after working at Kenan. I learned about trailer assignment and chemical wash out which only adds to my resume.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere and great co-workers
Cons
Poor health insurance benefits
Has its pros and cons just like every job
Transport Driver (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHSeptember 22, 2016
drive, load and unload fuel at different locations every day. I learned how to perform my job efficiently and without any safety violations. Management treats you well, and co-workers are helpful with important information to do the job. Hardest thing is the very long hours and not much free time. The most enjoyable thing was meeting new people every day.
Pros
good pay with decent benefits
Cons
half an hour unpaid lunch, long hours
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 8, 2016
Busy. Dispatching loads on drivers. Answering calls. Problem solving. Customer service. Learning how to make the most of a shift. Making shifts most profitable to the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kenan Advantage Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9