Kenan Advantage Group Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent company for lifelong dedication
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAMay 16, 2016
Great place with excellent management great benefits and always the potential and big enough company with room for unlimited personal growth best company out there regret not working for kenan advantage any more
Pros
On time pay, raises, room for advancement., graet compensation excellent management, great training
Cons
No cons what so ever
Great company.
Class A Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAMarch 7, 2016
Stable, friendly environment.
Innovative and advanced technological department.
Excellent driver training.
Management is courteous and conscientious.
Pay is above average.
Benefits are excellent.
Maintenance department well above average.
Safety department is high end, constantly revising for the benefit of driver conditions.
Was treated very well for 26 years, and even though the KAG is a highly experienced corporate company, drivers and their families are treated with serious respect and consideration, showing great concern for their welfare at all times.
I really have no negatives to say about the KAG. They always treated me like family.
Pros
Everything I listed above.
Cons
None.
Dangerous low paying job with bad management
Driver (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTJuly 14, 2016
Very long nights. Low pay. Management does not care about you or your issues at the gas stations. Worst place to go, try any other gas company. Most new hires quit right away. Super stressful environment. Fast paced.
Pros
Good mechanics, lots of hours
Cons
Management doesn't know what they're doing
Great place to work for almost 16 years.
Executive Assistant to the President (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXMarch 29, 2016
Executive Assistant to the President, VP, and Safety Manager. This was a fast paced job that was challenging. I loved the team work at this job. Everyone contributed to the success of this organization. This is the type of job that I am looking for.
Pros
Casual atmosphere
Great company to work for.
Senior Training Specialist/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Work from homeMay 26, 2016
The company was a great place to work because it is all over the nation. That allowed me to travel and meet a lot of different people.
Pros
Work from home and travel
Cons
Long hours at home
Very productive and a great group of people to work with.
Tanker Driver (Current Employee) –  Selma, NCOctober 15, 2015
Great atmosphere and a great group of people always willing to help and a manager that always went above and beyond to help someone out.
Pros
Always busy, team players, great group of fellow employees
Cons
Pay could have been a little higher because of the risk that we took.
fuel driver
fuel driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 1, 2016
slip seat, newer trucks, 10 speeds, needs more accounts, more hours for the drivers, different shifts, better equipment
Hard working job 12 to 14 hours daily. You learn all of your daily skills from the other klemm driver..
Fuel Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIOctober 21, 2015
Great pay and benefits for you and family. Getting to know a great group of men that you worked. At any time you could them for help in solving a problem.
Pros
good equipment
Cons
long hours some days
Good Pay.Local Fuel Driver. Good co-workers
Fuel Driver (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHNovember 2, 2015
Good people, Dispatcher OK, 1.5, hr to and 1.5 hr back from work every day. Too far from my house. Vehicle not in good shape, down time for repairs.
Pros
Employee were great. One very knowledgeable dispatcher.
Horrible
Grunt (Former Employee) –  LafayetteSeptember 16, 2015
Are you looking for a job where you can't advance? One that will pay you the same amount for a year and half (so far) without any pay raise? Then this is the job for you! After working here for a year, I have been given one week of vacation, that I have to take as a week. No individual days, have to pick a full week just because it makes paperwork easier for payroll. Was put in for a pay raise 7 months ago, which it's approval is apparently still lost in management purgatory. The terminal manager insists on micro-managing everyone, and gets upset when things don't work out even after everyone told him that it was a bad idea. The company is SOOO concerned with safety, until they need something done. Funny how those rules matter when you need to bend them, but not when the company needs you to bend them. If anything happens, you will be thrown under the bus. I have yet to receive any training to be certified on anything, but I'm still continually told how "We'll get you certified." Can't wait to find a new job.
Pros
I have ok insurance
Cons
Everything else
I worked there for a short while.
Terminal and Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, CAJuly 30, 2015
Motivated 40 drivers and employees to perform during the transition from private to contract fleet. Recruited, interviewed, hired, and trained drivers and employees. This position provided income when I needed it.
Pros
It provided a paycheck at the time
Cons
My senior management team at the time
Always had lots of work and very good pay.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  2204 Pamperin Rd Green Bay Wi 54313June 26, 2015
Loaded gasoline and delivered to drop sites. Learned electronic logs, how to mix grades of gasoline, had to be trained at every terminal on their computers.
Management was excellent until the last year I worked for them.
I got along well with all my co-workers, we all helped each other.
The hardest part of my job was unloading the gasoline. The most enjoyable part was serving the customers.
Pros
bonus every three months for a job well done.
Cons
dealing with dot
Fun work environment
Safety Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJuly 28, 2015
My manager was awesome as well as my team in the Safety Department. The hardest part of the job was being able to run MVR's for 1800 drivers within a 30day time span. This was done every year. the most enjoyable was that as long as we got the job done at the end of the day.
Pros
Cross-traning
Cons
short breaks
great place to work
TERMINAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCApril 9, 2015
I really enjoyed learning and growing with this organization, its management, as well as with the all the drivers and dispatchers and the many of customers i have met over the 17 yrs i was there. It was an experience i will take wherever i may go.
Pros
well compensated
Cons
very long hours at times
I don't want to even say
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHApril 18, 2015
My advise is to not even apply to this company. It is not like a typical company that provides sick days or any real time off. You get only 5 days off for the first two years you work there. That counts as sick and personal time off. They work you long hours as well.
Long hours, ablility to make lots of money.
Driver (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAMarch 2, 2015
Long hours ability to make lots of money. Days are based on a 12 hr shift. Must have strong and unyielding tolerance level for the Phoenix Metro drivers because your whole day will be surrounded by them.
Pros
can make tons of money
Cons
drivers are lazy and lack commitment to company
It is a job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 12, 2015
Work all the time. Lowest pay I have ever received as a driver. Benefits are good. No advancement opportunities. Get paid every other week.
Pros
I get a paycheck
Cons
I don't have all night.
work shcedule
DISPATCHER (Current Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTMay 28, 2015
Work schedule is four days on followed by four days of rotating forward one day each week. Twelve hour work days. Very fast past environment.
Pros
Fast
Cons
very long days
horrible
driver (Former Employee) –  NashvilleMarch 2, 2015
Worked in Nashville terminal 17 months down the drain. ...no room for growth. .poor equipment to work with. ..terminal manager doesn't care bout employees and no pay..also if u willing to brown noise might make few extra $
Pros
good learning company
Cons
work 14hrs no pay
Reasonable job, horrible management
Tanker Driver (Current Employee) –  Eastern WAApril 22, 2014
The actual work is quite easy, except for the lifting of heavy (full) hoses for draining. Equipment is fairly good. There is a real schism between day and night drivers. With the manager in Tacoma, the East side of the State is always behind the power curve. The inmates are running the asylum. The yard is a mud pit in winter, filthy dirty in summer.
Pros
ok pay for fairly easy work.
Cons
no on site manager leading to cliques and personality wars.

2.9