Kenan Advantage Group Employee Reviews

Klemm is an excellent company with great people, opportunities to grow are not strong and compensation is not a strength.
Dispatch Assistant (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WI 54313January 1, 2014
Growth potential is strong for customers and the company is growing. A typical day at work is processing the paperwork to bill the customers and pay the drivers. Much of it requires others to scan in the paperwork, drivers to document the work performed on each load and dispatch to insure that information is put into the load diary for my department to process, charge customers and pay the drivers correctly. I have learned I have to work diligently to get answers as to what really occurred during a single delivery (out of hundreds), from the drivers and dispatch. I have also had to wait to process paperwork due to inefficient scanning of the paperwork that does not capture each bill of lading our customers need for their invoicing processes. Management does make an effort to address the situation but the monthly numbers are more important than the understanding of why there are issues that upset the customers not getting copies of the paperwork of a load delivery or why there are delays to driver payroll, end of month and now end of year. My co workers are great to work with. My team all suffer the same issues I do but we all pull together. Dispatch and drivers are more individual - some are your go to person you know you can rely on, others, need continual prompting. The hardest part of the job is to complete the job in the needed deadline when you do not get cooperation from those who have to complete their part of the process for me to do my job. That makes me the one who has to call, question and get the answers due to lack of documentation of events. The most enjoyable  more... part of my job is my co workers, the drivers that reach out and communicate and most of all, the customers that continue to reach out to me to resolve issues for them. I have moved into different departments but no customer , current or previous, that returns to me is left without an answer. That is the best satisfaction of my job.  less
Great company with great values.
OBC Support/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHJuly 10, 2013
In my department, you work 45 hours a week, on salary. On average, you will take 75-100 phone calls from drivers, customers, and terminals. I learned a lot about the driver's perspective of delivering fuel, the in's and out's of on board computers, and how to dispatch loads. My department has a manager and a supervisor. The manager oversees all activity and guides the supervisor. The supervisor does the same job we do, but with added responsibilities such as schedules and delegating work loads. My only issue with the management is that the supervisor is new at managing anything. It can be frustrating at times because of the skills that he lacks. My co-workers are great. We all work very well together. We help each other with everything. We all get along well. The hardest part of the job is number one, when you have to work a shift by yourself, you end up taking about 200 calls in a 12 hour span and it can be very stressful. Number two, the schedule is always changing and it usually ends up with me being on every weekend. The most enjoyable part of the job is you learn new things every day. Also, you get to interact with with the drivers in the company, all over the country, and its interesting hearing about their side of the job.

They offer great benefits, 401K, and if a manager sees you struggling with a position, they will work their hardest to get you into a department where you will excel instead of just letting you go.
Pros
$3 lunches, in house cafeteria, growth opportunities
Cons
long shifts/weeks, salaried positions cannot receive overtime
Good old boy
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Orlando,FLNovember 14, 2014
My experience is only for the Orlando,FL branch.
Plenty of work good insurance. There is only 2 schedules for drivers 5AM to 5PM and 5PM till 5AM. Yes you will work 12 to 14hrs a day unless you are one of the favorites and you make more $ in less time. Branch manager makes rules on the spot and she will lie to your face, the open door policy is a joke, you complain you are toast.
Branch manager has a love hate relationship with the owner operators she wants them all out but her fame goes around and she cannot keep enough company drivers to be able to fire all the owner operators.
BTW all the family of the terminal manager work there in 1 way or the other.
Kenan is a god company to work for but in Orlando if you can keep off the radar you can make it, just stay on the good side os the terminal manager . Take home a week for a driver is around the $800 all depending not only on dispatch but at the loading rack that sometimes lines are ridiculous long.
Drivers are divided in 3 groups.
The owner operators and there drivers
The company drivers
The good old boys, the favorites of the terminal manager. This last group gets all the good paying loads and the shortest routes.
benefits
Cons
management
Horrible
Grunt (Former Employee) –  LafayetteSeptember 16, 2015
Are you looking for a job where you can't advance? One that will pay you the same amount for a year and half (so far) without any pay raise? Then this is the job for you! After working here for a year, I have been given one week of vacation, that I have to take as a week. No individual days, have to pick a full week just because it makes paperwork easier for payroll. Was put in for a pay raise 7 months ago, which it's approval is apparently still lost in management purgatory. The terminal manager insists on micro-managing everyone, and gets upset when things don't work out even after everyone told him that it was a bad idea. The company is SOOO concerned with safety, until they need something done. Funny how those rules matter when you need to bend them, but not when the company needs you to bend them. If anything happens, you will be thrown under the bus. I have yet to receive any training to be certified on anything, but I'm still continually told how "We'll get you certified." Can't wait to find a new job.
Pros
I have ok insurance
Cons
Everything else
A very fast paced and enjoyable atmosphere
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Doraville, GAApril 15, 2014
Manage and ensure that all stores maintain the proper amount of fuel to ensure that the customers will not run out. I learned about how the fuel and petroleum industry operates. When the price of oil drops on the stock market the customers want to make sure that they get their fuel when the price is right. I worked very closely with the management and notified them of any problems. The co-workers taught me a ton about the industry and I gained a ton of knowledge about the industry.
Productive workplace
Driver Semi (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIJuly 17, 2012
A typical day at work involved loading and/or unloading chemicals. (mostly acids)
I learned how to drive tankers and how to load as well as unload bulk tankers.
Management was understanding and easy to get along with.
Co-workers we got along great.
The hardest part of the job is being away from family for periods at a time.
The most enjoyable part of the job they didnt mind you taking your truck home and they were good with trying to get drivers home every night when able to.
Pros
cash advance
Cons
getting paid every 2 weeks
Always had lots of work and very good pay.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  2204 Pamperin Rd Green Bay Wi 54313June 26, 2015
Loaded gasoline and delivered to drop sites. Learned electronic logs, how to mix grades of gasoline, had to be trained at every terminal on their computers.
Management was excellent until the last year I worked for them.
I got along well with all my co-workers, we all helped each other.
The hardest part of my job was unloading the gasoline. The most enjoyable part was serving the customers.
Pros
bonus every three months for a job well done.
Cons
dealing with dot
Enjoyed working there; wonderful Supervisor and co-workers.
Log Auditor (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXAugust 15, 2012
Entered driver logs into data base, made sure drivers complied with DOT Regulations, Worked with Safety Director and Billing Supervisor on driver safety issues and compliance. Checked driver logs for compliance and correctness. Ordered and issued safety plaques. Helped drivers understand DOT regulations when needed.
Pros
supervisor, safety director, helping people, friendly atmosphere.
Cons
pay not so good
Reasonable job, horrible management
Tanker Driver (Current Employee) –  Eastern WAApril 22, 2014
The actual work is quite easy, except for the lifting of heavy (full) hoses for draining. Equipment is fairly good. There is a real schism between day and night drivers. With the manager in Tacoma, the East side of the State is always behind the power curve. The inmates are running the asylum. The yard is a mud pit in winter, filthy dirty in summer.
Pros
ok pay for fairly easy work.
Cons
no on site manager leading to cliques and personality wars.
They are all about safety till you find an unsafe condition
Tanker Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  W Sacramento, CAAugust 28, 2013
I was terminated for a past filling of an OSHA complaint against their customer.
They, in the end fired me for other unrelated small incidences, of which other people were not fired for.
Pros
they train and teach all about safety and tell the truth and they got your back.
Cons
if something happens they will not help you hear no evil, speak no evil, and see no evil.

Want to know more about Kenan Advantage Group?

Ask a question
Training needs to be changed
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CANovember 13, 2012
I felt that I wasn't given enough time to pick-up the process of loading gasoline an dropping it into the ground. No manager on site work place was not friendly, dealing with a trainer that was not really ready to train anyone, driving the truck was the best part of my day.
Pros
equipment was in good condition
Cons
training methods need to improve
I worked there for a short while.
Terminal and Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, CAJuly 30, 2015
Motivated 40 drivers and employees to perform during the transition from private to contract fleet. Recruited, interviewed, hired, and trained drivers and employees. This position provided income when I needed it.
Pros
It provided a paycheck at the time
Cons
My senior management team at the time
Very productive and a great group of people to work with.
Tanker Driver (Current Employee) –  Selma, NCOctober 15, 2015
Great atmosphere and a great group of people always willing to help and a manager that always went above and beyond to help someone out.
Pros
Always busy, team players, great group of fellow employees
Cons
Pay could have been a little higher because of the risk that we took.
Fun work environment
Safety Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJuly 28, 2015
My manager was awesome as well as my team in the Safety Department. The hardest part of the job was being able to run MVR's for 1800 drivers within a 30day time span. This was done every year. the most enjoyable was that as long as we got the job done at the end of the day.
Pros
Cross-traning
Cons
short breaks
good job great benifits
driver (Current Employee) –  paducah kyNovember 22, 2014
Good job work is easy benifits r great but pay kinda low for starting out in this line of work. dispatch try to spread work out evenly but still not much at the end of two weeks but i,ll hang in there to see how much i can make after first year
Pros
benifits
Cons
low pay for the work u do and endorsements u need
This was not the best place to work.
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  N Canton, OHMay 10, 2012
I applied for one position but when I got in there, I was given another position. I requested a transfer multiple times and was told no. I waited well over a year for a raise. This was the worst place I have ever worked in my life. I dreaded waking up in the morning and going in to work.
great place to work
TERMINAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCApril 9, 2015
I really enjoyed learning and growing with this organization, its management, as well as with the all the drivers and dispatchers and the many of customers i have met over the 17 yrs i was there. It was an experience i will take wherever i may go.
Pros
well compensated
Cons
very long hours at times
Long hours, ablility to make lots of money.
Driver (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAMarch 2, 2015
Long hours ability to make lots of money. Days are based on a 12 hr shift. Must have strong and unyielding tolerance level for the Phoenix Metro drivers because your whole day will be surrounded by them.
Pros
can make tons of money
Cons
drivers are lazy and lack commitment to company
Hard working job 12 to 14 hours daily. You learn all of your daily skills from the other klemm driver..
Fuel Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIOctober 21, 2015
Great pay and benefits for you and family. Getting to know a great group of men that you worked. At any time you could them for help in solving a problem.
Pros
good equipment
Cons
long hours some days
Fast paced/relaxed workplace with great people drivers
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 12, 2014
Check inventories, call drivers, communicate with customers, set-up and edit each driver's loads given to them.
Pros
relaxed attire allowed, unscheduled lunch breaks, relaxed/friendly environment
Cons
management, angry drivers/customers