KenCrest Services Employee Reviews

fast pase makes the day go by fast
Residential Aide (Current Employee) –  Glenside, PASeptember 2, 2017
Working in a environment where I am able to help someone in need has always been joyful for me, but working under certain conditions while being underpaid has been very stressful also. I am unable to live on my own with the pay that I receive.
Pros
helping and caring for the handicap
Cons
being underpaid
favoritism
resisent advisor (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAAugust 28, 2017
As long as you agree and stay quiet with management you will be ok. I was up for a promotiona and when asked why I didn't get my promotion her reply was "I forgot". Very poor communication from management but don't tell them that, they will say you cant get along with anyone.
Flexible with school schedule
Assistant Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAAugust 17, 2017
Kencrest services is a great company to gain experience working with individuals. The group homes have a home environment and the individuals that we serve are very appreciative and make you feel that you are making a difference in their lives.
Pros
helping individuals to be as independent as possible
Cons
extremly demanding at times; low pay rate
Friendly and Flexible Workplace
Respite Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 13, 2017
Friendly and flexible workplace that teaches and practices responsibility and practical thinking when handling patients and management skills when dealing with the case of emergencies. Skills are used and strengthened every day when applying them to the work that is required.
Pros
Flexible hours, benefits, friendly
Cons
Long shifts
staff was great
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 6, 2017
The staff is great here. they have a lot of opportunity's available the ones that have a far apart and you have to travel one place for a hour and another place for two hours.
Very Supportive Culture
Resident Advisor (Current Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAJune 18, 2017
The whole time I was in college I had colleagues ask me how was I feeling and how was everything was coming along with school. A few offered help throughout. I feel like that was a major role in me staying besides the clients I grew close to over the years.
fair
RESIDENTIAL ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 17, 2017
this job was really fair to the employees but it just became to far of a drive back and forth everyday. good job and good environment the house manager were amazing.
require a lot of patience and caring
Residential Advisor (Current Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAJune 13, 2017
I love working with the individuals in need of care. To me its the management team that I don't get. They are not professional enough. the most enjoyable part about the job is the people I work with they can turn a bad day into a good day with their humor.
Pros
The sense of accomplishment when helping others acheive their goals in life
Cons
Working for management thats only in it for the money
The company cares for the employees and the consumers.
Residential Advisor / Transporter (Current Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAJune 12, 2017
Transport individuals to their day programs, appointments, jobs, and other community outings. You learn how to be have compassion. Prep meals, give meds, showers. It take good manager to run large companies. The company has great vision, values and beliefs. This hardest part of the job is when the individual is non verbal and tears are running down their face. When you can go home knowing you put you best foot forward.
Pros
Work enironment, 403b retirement
Cons
health care is very expensive and the salary
ken-crest is a fun and positive work place
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Camden, DEMay 31, 2017
I would have to say i love my group home some days it can be a little challenging and rough but I would have to say I cant complain. while being at work and observing you learned a lot about the residents like their likes and dislikes what makes them happy or sad ect. the hardest part about the job I would have to say the behaviors but having a lot of patience will help out a lot.
Pros
working with residents
It's a magical and exciting place to work
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 17, 2017
I have worked for KenCrest for over 15 years and I absolutely love it. It is an amazing place to work. My coworkers are so supportive and there are so many opportunities for one to grow.
Reliable, friendly and cooperative
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 17, 2017
This work experience was great because of friendliness and kindness. Co-workers were willing to give a helping hand whenever was needed. Management was considerate toward worker family need.
Pros
Reliable and caring
Cons
no place for growth
Drama gossip and negative environment
Community House Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAMay 11, 2017
If you are not part of the clique you will be replaced or intimidated until you leave. Management could careless about your personal life they will use you until you burn out and are no more good to them.
Meanwhile clients are neglected and made do things they don't care to do.
Company has awesome benefits but you have to put up with a lot before seeing and positive reward.
Benefits
Cons
Management gossip drama
needs improvement
Residential Advisor (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAApril 3, 2017
Management needs improvement. No room for advancement. Decisions for employees are based off of personal feelings not work ethics and background. Work hours and rules are made to benefit the management and not the health and safety of the employees.
Many changes and not all for the better
Community Home Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAMarch 15, 2017
The company has a great mission however the changes over the past 3 years has created a very negative work environment and employees are not satisfied.
Very relax welcoming and friendly work place
House adviser (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAMarch 12, 2017
This is the first place I worked after being out of work some years being a stay at home mother. It was very welcoming atmosphere the employees and management team was very nice
Cons
Not enough pay
Love what they do.
Residential Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAMarch 10, 2017
I loved what they do for mentally disabled individuals. You have to have a big heard and love what you do in order to work with disabled individuals..
Pros
A love for helping people
Cons
Not as caring about their employees
Great Experiences
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAMarch 8, 2017
Employment growth for future opportunities.
Respectful employees. Many people retire here. Good working hours. No increase with wages. Some supervisors may hire from internal and others will hire external. Gain alot of experience in the workplace.
Cons
No wage increase.
Able to have a connection with individuals and get an understanding of there disabilities
Direct Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAFebruary 23, 2017
I was able to enjoy my time with the individuals I was in charge of taking care of as well as getting to know there families. My boss was very flexible and considerate with hours and personal life.
Productive and a learning experience for myself with the clients. I can say that I love working with clients who needs a caregiver/companion.
Home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAFebruary 21, 2017
I love taking the client for walks to the store and thru the neighborhood. Love cooking their meals and interacting with them. The clients were really so much fun and very pleasant when I was with them. I also had to do lite housekeeping, give medication, conduct fire drills once a month and writing night reports on each clients. I would even stay a whole weekend if I was ask to. I would put in as much time just to make sure that the clients were taking care of. I felt that was my job.
Pros
Taking the clients to the Parks, Theaters, and movies.
Cons
I didn't have alot of time for myself. But I enjoyed being with my clients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KenCrest Services. Our community is ready to answer.