Kendall Auto Group Employee Reviews

Overal
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, IDApril 12, 2017
I liked that office I was in and I did enjoy working with them but the company as a whole was terrible. There were to many hoops to jump through when I was trying to find a solution and many people making the decision for my location office were people who had never been to the area.
Needs improvement to employee attitude
Service Porter (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 10, 2017
The attitudes in all of the employees are completely terrible, and it really makes it a sad place to work. They're all just trying to be better than their counterparts, which makes the environment really hostile, and tense. I would never recommend working here if you're wanting to advance in a career, because you will be there for years and years until you advance once.
Test drive any car on lot
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORFebruary 14, 2017
Study/ take test on new an used cars, perform follow ups an set appointments, sell cars, hardest part way too many salesmen 10+. Learned how to negotiate
Pros
take cars out for lunch, get discounts, free car washes
Cons
decent benefits, too many salesman, wait for customers, always sitting
Fun work Place
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJanuary 16, 2017
Loved it here. My whole team always made me feel like part of the family. Never had a bad day at work and always enjoyed my job. The managers were awesome!
not a fun place to work
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORApril 25, 2016
If you like being micromanaged and constantly being told what you are doing wrong everyday. Management does not want to help you at all. Working a lot of hours, this is the place for you.
Pros
get to eventually go home
Cons
no lunches most days
Sales people are GREAT
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, IDDecember 28, 2015
Management is ridiculous unfair and does not take care of its employees, pay is very low for what they expect of you. I would not go back to working for this company for as little as they pay and as unorganized as the management is.
Easy workplace
Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bend, OROctober 25, 2015
It's a cool detail shop and it's an easy job to do, fun people to work with, hectic at sometimes, hard to get a raise and learn more. There isn't really a hard part about the job.
Pros
Free lunches on saturday
Cons
Not easy to get a raise, rushed, complaints, salespeople are mean to co workers and other employees
Being a Professional Matters
Manager (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 22, 2015
Work is just that, work. I've been in a lot of jobs in the past that I never really took myself serious in. As a result, I failed and left quickly. I found that there are others in the company that are working hard and trying to make things better. There are often those that sneak through with a straight face lying about how much they care, just to get the job. I've chosen to stay away from those that don't have any drive to become a professional. That being said, I think they do a lot of great things for the local community and employ a lot of great people that try to do their best.
Pros
advancement
Cons
no free rides :)
The real truth
rather not say (Former Employee) –  rather not sayAugust 4, 2015
So here is the real truth from a real employee. I was with Kendall for about 2 years, and personally I enjoyed my job. I was in a low end leadership position, and oversaw many daily tasks and duties. Corporate is amazing, and will do everything they can to make your job easier, but they do turn a blind eye sometimes. Management is decent, they try to show they care about their employees, but for the most part there is a lot of favoritism from management. 90% of employees do their job, and do their job right. The other 10% are your average at best employees, who bring down company moral, and make other people's jobs harder. A day in the life of every employee will always start with kissing butt, and brown nosing. You'll see customers who are paying thousands of dollars for their vehicles to be serviced/fixed be pushed back for someone complaining about the smallest little warranty issues. The more they complain, the more they get and unfortunately it usually comes at the exspense of other customers. If you bust your butt, and give everything you have more than likely you'll be noticed, and very rarely will they move you to another position. If you don't have thick skin, it's not the job for you. Salesmen will yell at you, call you names, and make fun of you for whatever they can. Even though you know it's all in fun and games, it's still annoying that management and HR doesn't do anything about it. Most managers are great, and will do everything they can for you, while some won't lift a finger to help you out. If you don't mind seeing great people getting screwed over to please  more... whiny customers, and don't mind below average management, and don't mind hearing racial/sexist/rude comments then you'll be alright. Kendall in a whole is your about average place to work. You'll make friends that are great people, and some people will make you want to scream, and at the end of day you'll have an alright experience, but the grass isn't always greener on the other side.  less
Pros
great customers, paid time off, 1hr lunch breaks, decent management.
Cons
below average management, favoritism, slim chance of moving up.
Retail sales in the automotive industry
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJune 8, 2015
I worked here for 13 years. I have had advancements and achieved goals. I learned a lot from retail sales that I can use anywhere I go to work. This company has little personal reward besides money. I want more out of life.
Pros
Learn new skills. great compensation
Cons
Tough work environment, a lot of negativity.

Want to know more about Kendall Auto Group?

Ask a question
A family oriented work place with benifits
Manager in the BDC (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORFebruary 11, 2015
A typical day starting with logging into the CRM tool used by Kendall and assessing the work load that is needed to be done. Then assigning e-leads to the specialists on that shift and quoting the vehicle that the client had requested in the e-lead. I will also give the specialist instructions on how to handle the lead if I feel it is necessary. I will make sure to touch bases with all of the specialists that are on duty to make sure that things are going well. I enjoy my job as it gives me the opportunity to work with great people and I have learned that in every situation there are always two sides to every story. I have had the opportunity to learn all the intricacies that go on in "car business". I then track all sales that pertain to the BDC e-leads that are handled by the specialists. I enjoy working with all of the people in the BDC, I have gotten to know them and I feel that they are like family.
Pros
discount on cars and service
Cons
none that I can think of
Receptionist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKJanuary 7, 2015
The managers of this place are god awful and don't know how to run a business plus there are little to no benefits or pay here.
Boring
Service Scheduleing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORDecember 10, 2014
Management is NOT hands on. Supervisors are not friendly in communication. Training is 1-2 days then your on your own. First month you will get hardly any calls and they do not pay well. If you apply within looking for better position they frown on it.
Pros
Free access to social media
Cons
lunch room is infested with flies, no person is willing to assist
Great employer, with great benefits
Service porter (Current Employee) –  Meridian, IdahoJune 12, 2014
I absolutely love working for Kendall. They take care of their employees, and make you feel like a part of a family. Pretty much every position is full time which you rarely see anymore. If you work hard, and do your job opportunity advancements will come from everywhere. Managnent cares about their employees, and will go above and beyond for their customers. I've heard nothing but high praises from our customers, and I'm proud to be apart of a winning team.
Pros
Bonuses, flexible schedules, pay, and benefits...
Cons
Hard to get a lot of overtime sometimes, some coworkers don't always pull their own weight.
supervior
Supervisor Detail Bay (Former Employee) –  Wasilla AkJune 3, 2014
Ran the detail bay by my self every day and i cleaned trucks and cars and fixed the used ones as they came to the dealership.
Work Summary-difficult company to work for.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORApril 16, 2014
A typical day at work would include answering phones and making appointments for several different Kendall shops. These calls and appointments had to be made in 2.5 minutes with no errors.
The hardest part of the job for me was being watched every minute of the day. I learned additional software programs which is very helpful. The management team became extremely hard to work with as time went by.
Great employers, family feel
Client Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJanuary 6, 2014
Before applying at this company, I heard nothing but good reviews for the employer. I personally went through some family problems during my short time at this company, and not only did they make every effort to help me through tough times, they definitely made it so I didn't have to worry about work while I was gone. The management team goes out of their way to make every employee feel valued and part of the family.
Pros
Christmas bonuses
Not my ideal place to work.
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Eugene, OregonJuly 5, 2013
If you're looking for a place to advance and make more money, this place is not the ideal place to do it. The people they tend to advance most often are the people they are friends with. The lack that company culture that likes to hire within the company and promote.
Lacking skills in the Management teams.
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  AnchorageApril 23, 2013
Kendall auto group has VERY LOW MORAL. This equals poor productivity for the company as a whole. They think buying pizza will fix all their problems.
Kendall companies in the anchorage and valley area are loosing all of their good employees.
Pros
potential to make good income.
Cons
a lot of favoritism and management not giving credit where credit is due.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kendall Auto Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Kendall Auto Group Reviews by Location