Kendall College Employee Reviews in United States

Work place is at College, offering a source of income and experience for international students.
Events agent (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 16, 2016
A typical day of work will be weather set-up or events service. A group of students is scheduled taking under consideration their level of experience and their skills and jobs are assigned. We would prepare the event following the BEO and follow the instructions of the higher roles to make the event successful.
This job has taught me to train new workers and the work ethics in Kendall.
The hardest part of the job would probably be the hours (over 12 hours of work in some occasions).
The most enjoyable pat would e working as pat of a team with great coworkers and being part of event that are s important for the attendees (weddings, graduations...).
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Low salary and inconsistent hours
Good atmosphere
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 21, 2016
My Boss was really friendly, and explained me everything I needed to know in order to have a good start in this company.

Home Office was a great pro.
Pros
Home office
Cons
due dates are sometimes hard to meet
Great Student Job
Library Aid (Current Employee) –  900 N BranchAugust 10, 2015
Working here for two years has essentially secured my ability to stay in Chicago, and pay rent. I loved being able to do my homework at school while helping people research topics for their studies. I quite like working here, my management is amazing and I love the people I work with. Unfortunately this job has absolutely no room to advance, which makes sense as it is just a student working position.
Pros
Really relaxed, flexible
Cons
Minimum Wage, only 20 hours maximum hours
fun place to work
Office Assistant Admissions Department (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILDecember 10, 2015
I enjoyed the people and job I did. the university was a great experience. I got to meet a lot of great people. I enjoyed ever aspect of my job.
Pros
got to go on college nights with admissions counselors
Relaxed atomsphere
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 19, 2015
I enjoy working for Kendall college. Our Dean of Education is extremely knowledgeable and uses his knowledge and expertise to further improve Kendall.
Pros
NA
Cons
NA
Fun people to work with
Freelance Videographer (Former Employee) –  MISeptember 10, 2015
It was fun to work with them we always had a fun new video to shoot and edit. There was never really any dull moments in working there. It expanded my freelance and made new clients as well.
Pros
Great atmosphere, Great people to work with, Never dull.
Cons
None.
Excellent
Assistant to the Dean of School of Business (Current Employee) –  Chicago , ILFebruary 10, 2012
My first "Business job". Working for this institute of higher education is one of the greatest honors I have ever had . Management is flexible and extremely kind, you are valued for the work you do and the amount of exposure and people that you get to meet and connect with is just staggering.
Pros
amazing amount of exposure, seeing the results of your work, and knowing that it mattered
Cons
nothing too negative that i personally experienced, at times team collaboration is needed, and it can be overwhelming at first, but it soon becomes very natural
Leadership Shift
Concierge /Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 7, 2014
Kendall allowed me the opportunity to learn how to work quickly under pressure. I maintained the front desk of the building, providing a welcoming atmosphere, customer service, security, and administrative assistance to just about every department in the school. I was the "Director of First Impressions". I made certain that everyone walked into the school with a positive vibe.
The most difficult parts of the job were maintaining a lunch crowd of about 60 people in small space, and receiving proper communication & information pertaining to large events happening on campus.
I worked at Kendall for 5 years and was never able to have the opportunity to advance to a higher position than where I began.
The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the co-workers that I had the pleasure of seeing daily. They were amazing.
While attending school , they work study jobs work with schedule
BARISTA (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 16, 2012
It is great to work for Kendall College while attending school because they work with your schedule. Also there are a variety of different jobs you can do and learn a different set of skills.
Pros
jobs are at school, works with your schedule
Cons
only so many positions are available, to how many students there are
Excellent place to work!
Contributing Education Faculty Member (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 25, 2014
Working for Kendall has been very rewarding for the past 8 years. I learn a lot from the students that I teach. My dean is a very fair, consistent, and has a great personality overall. I work with a great team. I love my job at Kendall.
Very productive, hands on and fun
Registrar's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 9, 2013
typical day at work would be filing papers in the school file room ,answering phones, and/or running errand and entering information into the school system for my employer
Pros
free lunch, flexible schedule, great work environment
Cons
always hot in the office
Kendall: Great school, great work place.
Office Work (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 19, 2011
I went to school and was a student worker at the same time. While working, I learned the skills I need for today's workforce while also getting a great education.
Pros
great learning environment.
Cons
pay and hours
college advisor
Assistant Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 24, 2012
I love Kendall college. Being able to work with little supervision was nice and if i ever needed help it was available.
Pros
able to work with little supervision
Cons
not a lot of hours
Cafe Monitor
Customer service in a college cafeteria (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 10, 2012
I was responsible for making sure all the students and staff knew what was ont the menu for that day.Also cleaning tables.
Excellent
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 7, 2014
Great Place! This was a work study position! It was a good job. It taught me a lot about the hardware it takes to run the schools tech.
good place to work
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 21, 2014
I tutored students in math and reading and substitued when needed.

4.7