Kendall College

Kendall College Employer Reviews

Leadership Shift
Concierge /Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 7, 2014
Kendall allowed me the opportunity to learn how to work quickly under pressure. I maintained the front desk of the building, providing a welcoming atmosphere, customer service, security, and administrative assistance to just about every department in the school. I was the "Director of First Impressions". I made certain that everyone walked into the – more... school with a positive vibe.
The most difficult parts of the job were maintaining a lunch crowd of about 60 people in small space, and receiving proper communication & information pertaining to large events happening on campus.
I worked at Kendall for 5 years and was never able to have the opportunity to advance to a higher position than where I began.
The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the co-workers that I had the pleasure of seeing daily. They were amazing. – less
good place to work
Student Worker (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 21, 2014
I tutored students in math and reading and substitued when needed.
Excellent
IT Technician (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 7, 2014
Great Place! This was a work study position! It was a good job. It taught me a lot about the hardware it takes to run the schools tech.
Very productive, hands on and fun
Registrar's Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 9, 2013
Pros: free lunch, flexible schedule, great work environment
Cons: always hot in the office
typical day at work would be filing papers in the school file room ,answering phones, and/or running errand and entering information into the school system for my employer
college advisor
Assistant Advisor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 24, 2012
Pros: able to work with little supervision
Cons: not a lot of hours
I love Kendall college. Being able to work with little supervision was nice and if i ever needed help it was available.
While attending school , they work study jobs work with schedule
BARISTA (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 16, 2012
Pros: jobs are at school, works with your schedule
Cons: only so many positions are available, to how many students there are
It is great to work for Kendall College while attending school because they work with your schedule. Also there are a variety of different jobs you can do and learn a different set of skills.
Cafe Monitor
Customer service in a college cafeteria (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 10, 2012
I was responsible for making sure all the students and staff knew what was ont the menu for that day.Also cleaning tables.
Excellent
Assistant to the Dean of School of Business (Current Employee), Chicago , ILFebruary 10, 2012
Pros: amazing amount of exposure, seeing the results of your work, and knowing that it mattered
Cons: nothing too negative that i personally experienced, at times team collaboration is needed, and it can be overwhelming at first, but it soon becomes very natural
My first "Business job". Working for this institute of higher education is one of the greatest honors I have ever had . Management is flexible and extremely kind, you are valued for the work you do and the amount of exposure and people that you get to meet and connect with is just staggering.
Kendall: Great school, great work place.
Office Work (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 19, 2011
Pros: great learning environment.
Cons: pay and hours
I went to school and was a student worker at the same time. While working, I learned the skills I need for today's workforce while also getting a great education.