Kendall County Special Education Cooperative Employee Reviews

Average to work for, closed now
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yorkville, ILSeptember 6, 2017
The KCSEC is now closed. I worked there for about a year while they were dissolving. Even if they didn't close I would have definitely looked for a new job.
Pros
good pay
Cons
very unorganized, some staff on power trips
excellent
Paraprofessional, paid (Former Employee) –  Oswego, ILApril 12, 2016
I worked here for a job between jobs and loved being able to work with children. If the pay were more I might have considered staying.
Pros
Working with children
Cons
Low pay
A fun place to work at with children and see their accomplishments as they grow.
One On One Teachers Aide (Former Employee) –  Yorkville, ILNovember 6, 2014
Help the child or children reach their daily goal in their routine of the day. I've learned to go with the flow and work with the child every step of the way. Use little words as possible for them to process it better to help the student follow through with what is being asked of them. Management is great! They are very supportive with our goals with students and respect our decisions. The hardest part of the job is maintain balance with the students progress and to help them stay on task. Follow through and be consistent. The most enjoyable part of this job is the commitment to the child and them learning as they grow as an individual to be successful in life.
Pros
recess with students
Cons
no insurance
Great job to get your foot in the door within a school district
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Oswego, ILAugust 27, 2013
On a daily basis,you provide support to students who need it and provide assistance to the regular classroom teacher when necessary.
Pretty Intense days
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Oswego, ILMarch 25, 2013
Work directly in the special education classrooms, learn a lot about individual disabilities and how to meet these individual needs. Lots of work one on one with certain individuals and sometimes having to cope with different settings if a substitute.