Kendall Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Needs improvement
RN (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 21, 2017
Too much favoritism, and poor organization. Not a good place to work if you are not Cuban. Coworkers are rude. High nurse patient ratio, and they push beyond your limits. It is very unsafe to work there.
Working in a mental health facility is very challenging and helpful.
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  11750 SW 40 STREET MIAMI, FL. 33175July 18, 2017
Since October 2007, working with people with metal health challenging become my personal duty and I feel really comfortable and happy to work on that field.
A good environment
Patient Access Registrar (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 13, 2017
A possitive workplace where we help patient's need, it's a very fast paced hospital so you have to think quick in all situations. Also you can learn a lot if you like the medical field.
Pros
fun co workers
Overall pretty good
Emergency Dept. Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 2, 2017
I like what I do and the people I work with. The only problem I have is that sometimes the people I work with is that they can be unprofessional but outside of that everything is fine.
mangament
Register Nurse IMC-Trauma, Burn Unit (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 28, 2017
Management does not care for their employee, they will give you big load of work without any help. Patient to nurse ratio is higher than any other hospitals there is no CNA to help. You have to do must of the ancillary jobs pick up trash, clean rooms , transport patients.
Great place to learn
ER Nurse (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 18, 2017
Great place to learn with excellent teamwork if you work the night shift. The majority of the management are great help. Everyone helps the new grads and the doctors are super patient and nice. There are a few bad apple nurses but is mainly those that have been there for more than 10 years.
Hospital
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 27, 2016
I worked in surgery so i got a behind the scenes look as to how a hospital functions and then realized that it wasn't for me so i resigned after i secured a position in sales.
Management is matrix driven only
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 6, 2016
Management is the worst I have ever worked with, they do not care about anything, they have lost countless talented pharmacists because of the way they perform their daily operations. They never listen to employees and are extremely sneaky and stubborn when following their directives. The clinical pharmacist is the least prepared pharmacist I have known in my career, she is clueless when it comes to clinical knowledge and does not accept any suggestion from anybody, much less from another pharmacist. They are all afraid of losing their jobs because they have been placed there by mistake and not based on their skills and experience. It is a shame that the management team is formed of pharmacists, which are usually very compassionate by definition; these individuals are extremely unscrupulous and simply do not care.
Pros
If you like to play games, it is a great place to work at
Cons
I am still looking for one positive
Productive workplace
ICU Nurse (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 19, 2016
As a ICU Nurse in a busy Open Heart unit , I was a fulltime RN and a valued member of the open heart healthcare team. I received patients that were immediately Post Open Heart Surgery. I recovered the patients from anesthesia and cardiopulmonary bypass,I maintained hemodynamic stability, and weaned them from the ventilator all under the orders of the Open Heart Surgeon.My managers were considerate, efficient team leaders. My co-workers gave all their effort, and their care to the patients, and the families. The hardest part of my jobs was the having to learn Spanish , which I did quite easily. The best part of my job was being a member of a diverse multicultural health care team that was compassionate and highly skilled
Pros
Great cooperation and teamwork
Cons
Sometimes worked without breaks, but not often
Typical day in icu at kendall regional medical center
UNIT CLERK (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 26, 2015
Working in icu was an excellent experience for me. Ive learned how to work in a fast pace environment while providing accurate results
fast paced operating room with alot of learning experiences
Nurse CIirculator (Current Employee) –  miami floridaApril 28, 2015
fast paced operating room setting with a lot of surgery experience for different specialties . excellent trauma center. good working hours.
Pros
alot of overtime
Cons
short staffed
Quick and fast pace
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 13, 2015
A quick fast trauma unit where a medical professional can learn a lot about there field of choice. A great team to work with and exercise your skills
Pros
Management posiitive
Cons
Clocking in and out
Great workplace
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 28, 2015
Excellent work environment to learn an array of different skills.
More interested in business than patient care
Burn and Trauma Medical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 30, 2014
The emphasis of this hospital is on money making. There is little effort done by the case management department to link patients with supportive community services, including services that might prevent future hospital admission. The administrators are keenly focused on their outward appearance and lose sight of what a patient may need aside from their medical care. This hospital also does not create an environment for learning and improvement. Instead, it simply expects expertise.
Pros
Qualified physicians
Cons
Does not see patient as a whole, misses key social components
Productive and fun workplace
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kendall, FLSeptember 7, 2013
Kendall Regional Is all around a great place to work. All of the staff is warm and welcoming.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Short breaks
Once of the better places I've worked.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 20, 2013
Quiet, clean and nice enviroment. Very helpful staff and management.
Pros
Excelent place to work in
Cons
visit parking lotte
hard working group of staff
Director of surgical services (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 2, 2012
Kendall Regional medical center has good and dedicated workers that is lacking support from the higher management.
Pros
hard working staff
Cons
staff moral and employee development due to poor management
Fun place to volunteer and learn new skills
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 12, 2012
This hospital gives you an accredited source for a job in the field of healthcare and the challenging part was getting into the program but the staff is friendly.