About the industry
- Crowd funding platforms (CFP) generated over $1.5b globally in 2011
- There are about 452 crowd funding platforms active worldwide. (north America and western Europe)
- There were 1m+ successfully funded projects and small businesses
- There are 3 types of platforms; Rewards-based, Equity-based, Debt-based (some stats include Donor-based)
What is Kenecit.com?
- Rewards-based Crowd Funding Platform
- Localized model (focus on local businesses)
- Me-too site to ‘Kickstarter.com’ ; all the same functionality
- Industry Categories (Art/Entertainment, Technology, Products/Services, Education, Social Causes)
- Offers entrepreneurs resources and support in the form of live workshops/bootcamps, networking events, competitions, contests, lectures/talks
Who is the target user/funder?
- Users demographics : Males/Females ages 18-34 years
- User psychographics : Digital age comfortabilities, make it happen mindset, self-starters
- _Funders demographics_: Family, Friends, Friends of friends
- Users psychographics : Community-oriented, Take-Action type, Sankofa minded,
Kenectit: MARKETING/COMMUNICATIONS/PR SPECIALIST
The main focus of this position is to promote our brand by developing and supporting field marketing programs. You will work closely with our marketing organization to support
ground promotional activities (shows, events, campaigns, etc) and utilize your marketing expertise to help develop and execute marketing programs that will increase demand , build the brand, and drive revenue.
- Implementation of marketing plans, including product positioning, campaign strategies, and market strategy insights.
- Responsible for effectively communicating the brand, products and services through the implementation of the ground marketing strategies. This includes participation in trade shows, company events and local community events
- Work with management on projects to engage users, develop new clients, build relations with local businesses and entrepreneurs, indentify opportunities, act as liason to the business community, associations, and organizations
- Be willing to learn to manage projects using industry recognized project management processes. (this training will be provided as a requirement of the job)
- Discovery of strategic business opportunities through cross function collaboration with clients, users, sponsors, and corporate representatives
- Assist in the development of hard and soft marketing materials to generate sales leads, produce press releases, design brochures, and others in support of the marketing organization
- Comfortable with learning new virtual platforms as well as able to engage communities through social media networks (Linked In, Facebook, Instagram/Pintrest, Google+, HootSuite, blogs, etc.)
- Develop an on-line presence consistent with the marketing plan for product positioning, and building loyalty
- Experienced in desktop publishing and associated programs.
Additional responsibilities may include short term temporary help in other areas related to the flow of information necessary to the marketing organization.
Position requires a minimum 20 hours per week.
Employee must be able to move freely between all locations without assistance of others.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Marketing, Public relations, Media, Social media ( Linked In, FB, G+, Instagram/Pintrest, etc.),
- Sales promotion and direct marketing
Software and Tools
MS Office, Outlook, Google+, WebEx/GotoMeeting, Constant Contact or Mailchimp
Organizational and planning skills
- Knowledge of marketing techniques and industry best practices
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Integrity - Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Initiative - Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Leadership - Job requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
- Achievement/Effort - Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
- Dependability - Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Social Orientation - Job requires preferring to work with others rather than alone, and being personally connected with others on the job.
- Attention to Detail - Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Cooperation - Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Candidate must be very articulate, have a sense of humor, easygoing, but very disciplined. We need a culture fit!
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising or Journalism OR relevant work experience accepted/welcomed
- Minimum (2)two to (5) five years of relevant experience in marketing with proven success.
- Must have wide range of experience and understanding of marketing including product positioning, pricing, promotions, social media marketing, and direct sales.
- Should be a proactive self-starter with the ability to work independently. Need strong ability to set priorities, solve problems, and be resourceful under pressure.
- Experience working with agency/client partners a plus.
- Must display strong skills in all forms of communication.
- Written and verbal communication with strong consumer and product awareness.
- Experience in the Digital interactive Industry would be a very strong asset/game changer.
- Excellent Appreciation of Customers and Customer Service perspective.
YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- Great compensation package
- Comprehensive project management training
- Participate in high visibility business development projects
- Be a part of one of the fastest growing industries....Crowd- Funding
Indeed - 9 months ago