Global Project Manager (Former Employee), Lincoln, NE – November 24, 2013
Cons: lots, read review
I enjoyed my coworkers. Management is quick to throw you under the bus if something goes badly on a project. Lots of late nights. Issue on a project seems to follow you for life, unless you hang out with managers outside of work. Heard about the same issue on a project for 3 straight yearly reviews. Always an excuse for no raises or bonuses...often – more... something that was years ago or out of your control. If you aren't partying outside of work with managers or coworkers you will not moce up in organization. I was almost forced to go on a business trip when my first child was due, was told "it only takes an hour to fly back home", luckily an individual in upper management stopped that by saying "if his wife goes into labor he'll never forgive us and might quit", in essence it was always about them. Was told it was "bad timing" when I needed to take time off for my uncle's funeral. No back up plan for projects/clients when you take time off or have an emergency. Vacations were a double edged sword, often working while on vacation or working 80 hours before and after. – less
Exceptional abilities in project design, development & testing. Delegates and monitors work to meet and beat deadlines.
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee), Hyderabad – November 13, 2013
Pros: developed separate module for administering the site, which generate reports for the management
Cons: short breaks
Involved in GAP analysis to understand the exact requirement of the system. Involved in design and Documentation of functional and technical docs. Involved in discussions with the stakeholder to understand the exact require-ment of the system
Network Engineer (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PA – October 21, 2013
• Working in high availability Nexus Environment and provide Level 3 Network Support. • Configuring, upgrading and verifying the NX-OS operation system. • Converting PIX rules over to the Cisco ASA solution.
• Highly experienced in the financial domain with more than 10 years as an Oracle Application Techno-Functional Consultant working on R12/11i (E-Busin
Oracle Applications SysAdmin (Current Employee), Wayne, PA – October 17, 2013
• Highly experienced in the financial domain with more than 10 years as an Oracle Application Techno-Functional Consultant working on R12/11i (E-Business Suite) with expertise in Oracle Financial modules (AP, AR, GL, PO, PA, OIC, iExpense, OTL).
• Expertise in Oracle Applications in multiple Implementations, Upgrades and Post Production Support of – more... Financials Modules in both R12 & 11i.
• Strong experience in Oracle Financial modules including Oracle Project Accounting (PA), Account Payables (AP), Account Receivables (AR) , General Ledger (GL), Incentive Compensation (OIC) , Oracle Time & Labor (OTL), Purchasing, iExpenses,AME Setup, Oracle HRMS.
• Strong technical development skills in developing Reports, Interfaces, Conversions and Extensions (RICE Components) in the domain of Oracle Applications E Business Suite.
• Expertise in working with PL/SQL stored procedures, functions, packages and SQL * Loader and also worked extensively on Form Personalization.
• Strong in using Oracle Apps workflow builder tool. Experience in customizing Account Generator Workflows, Also administer various Workflow processes and troubleshoot the error workflows.
• Experience in set up AME Rules for Invoice Approvals, Audit Rules for Expense Types, Auto Accounting Rules in Project Accounting and Receivables and Various set up in all modules.
• Strong Working knowledge on Discoverer 4i/10g especially creating Business areas, Complex folders, Calculation items, administering security and previlages.Developed Complex workbooks for finance team.
• Experience in System Administration activities such as registration of concurrent programs, creation of users, employee account, responsibilities, forms, and functions, menus, and values sets, Creating Custom Folders and Assigning Profile values for the responsibilities and flex fields in Oracle Applications.
• Experience in AIM documentation, which includes Business Functional Requirement analysis, understanding AS-IS and TO-BE Process, Gap Analysis and providing solution design and build RICE components ,System configuration and testing(BP 80,BR30, BR 100,MD 50,MD 70,CV 40,TE 40).
• Create SR’s with Oracle Technical Support, Coordinated and followed on multiple issues based on priority including identifying bugs, Provide data using Oracle Diagnostic tools, as well as conduct Oracle Web Conference with Oracle Support Team.
• Expertise in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) of client implementations including Requirement gathering, Business Analysis, System Configuration, Design, Development, Testing, Coordination of UAT with end users, Technical and Functional Documentation and Product Support.
• Strong experience in resolving Production issues during Month End Period Close and conducted CRP’s and provided wide range of functional training to multiple business user groups and coordinate UAT sessions.
• Designed and developed Financial Statements (FSG’s) as per Business Requirement.
• Experience in SOX and Audit Process. Preparing Audit reports and work with Auditors.
• Possess excellent communication skills and a smooth client handling and interaction experience.
• Strong proficiency in problem solving, Initiative taking, Time management and Continuous Skill enhancement. • Experience in Project Management, Offshore resource mentoring and status reporting to upper management. – less
Staffing Consultant/Talent Advisor (Current Employee), Remote – October 11, 2013
Pros: ability to be in a team and yet set your own day
Cons: very long days and being on call 24/7 even when on pto
The Kenexa corporation takes the best of the best and puts them to work to make a smarter workforce for other companies. Being a part of this team is challenging and rewarding at the same time. If you enjoy starting early and working late and being a small part of something huge then this is the company for you. If you want to be recognized for a job – more... well done then yep this is still the company for you. – less
Data Image Processor (Former Employee), Lincoln, NE – September 14, 2013
I loved my 2yrs working at Blockbuster from the standpoint that I loved my regular customers and watching movies. It was by far the least stressful, most fun job I've had....however that doesn't pay the bills.
Compensation was low and corporate management was absolutely 100% clueless as to how to save the company. Combine that with the bankruptcies – more... and store closings, I had no feeling of job security and had to move on. – less
Team oriented company with unlimited learning opportunities.
Contract Administrator (Former Employee), Lincoln, NE – July 3, 2013
Kenexa was a fantastic place to work. I was given the opportunity to learn different skills as well as interact with all components of the business. My co-workers were all very team oriented and would do what was necessary in order to exceed customer expectations.
Tech Support Agent (Current Employee), Lincoln, NE – June 17, 2013
You work on phones. Other than some inflexibility on break time, a very clear, simple enough job. The hardest part of the job is when you run up against a software problem you have no control over. This is where the job becomes primarily about customer service. I am a little uncomfortable with what appears to be some nepotism at work, but people who – more... can't do the work are removed regardless of who they know. That said, people with connections, or people that are clearly attractive have been promoted in front of other more senior/better qualified employees (not me, as I've been with the company less than a year). But such is life, generally it's a nice place to work. People are friendly and the managers are approachable. Pay isn't outstanding, but in the Midwest it's plenty if you're single. – less
Relaxed work environment that promoted learning and growth
Recruiter (Current Employee), Sugarland – January 11, 2013
Cons: it is a contract position. i am looking for a position with more stability
This was my introduction to the field of recruiting. I was able to see what it was like to sit on the other side and be knowledgeable of what it takes to find the right candidate for the job. It has been a great learning environment.
Kenexa does not practive what they preach. They get rid of people as quickly as they hire them. internal clients ie employees are not appreciated.. Glad to see IBM take over.
The Lincoln office is poorly ran..
Job Work/Life Balance
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Wayne, PA – September 12, 2012
The company has great ideas and core values as a whole. However, if you don't work at the corporate site, you will not see much of the environment described on the corporate website. I would recommend Kenexa as a company to work at, but not my individual team. This position did not offer challenges or growth opportunities.
Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee), Buenos Aires, Argentina – June 24, 2012
Pros: work from 11 - 7
Identify, phone screen and present candidates to client for hiring needs. • Network and research on job boards to generate candidates and increase interest in position. • Answer questions and communicate with candidates through email and over the phone. • Manage applicant tracking system and provide results in reportable format.
Survey Manager (Former Employee), Lincoln, NE – June 19, 2012
Pros: reimbursement of company travel expenses. opportunities to travel and live & work abroad.
Cons: cons are listed below.
INTENSE! Not always enough hours in the day to get things done even if you manage your time properly = having to put in extra hours at night and on the weekend, often on a weekly basis. You have to work super fast and for long hours to try and stay on top of everything which leads to burn out very quickly.
Everyone is required to commit to quarterly – more... personal goals to benefit the company every single quarter and NOBODY has the TIME to work on them!!!
Bonuses and raises are usually based on your progress in achieving goals each quarter.
Management is not afraid to throw employees under a truck for the slightest of reasons.
Managers who are unhappily married at home eventually proposition other employees. Some people have received promotions after a one night stand.
Expect a 100 emails a day to sort through. Fun! :-(
Sr. Staffing Consultant (Current Employee), San Diego, CA – May 8, 2012
Pros: busy, fast-paced environment
Cons: not enough hours in the day to do it all
No two days are the same in this busy environment that tends to be more fulfulling than frustrating. I've learned to manage multiple priorities that compete for attention, and how to keep communication open and transparent while building trust with all levels of the organization I support.
Kenexa has wonderful job opportunities and a great culture.
Recruiting Operations Lead (Current Employee), Frisco – February 29, 2012
Pros: fun environment - you can actually hear laughter
Cons: low salaries, lack of employee retention loyalty
The education and opportunity I have been given has provided me the necessary skills and knowledge to advance my career. I personally like their 10exa’s like: Laugh your way through a problem, opportunity exists here, find it, If it doesn’t sell, don’t do it. The culture is fun and exciting but the career growth potential eventually caps out. I am looking – more... to further my career, knowledge base and salary. – less
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Decatur, Alabama – February 23, 2012
Pros: competitive benefits package
Cons: no tuition assistance
I LOVED working for this company. It was simply unfortunate that I was in the position of "last in, first out" when it came to layoffs. I especially liked Kenexa's approach to family values, community involvement and to the environment.