Kenexa Employee Reviews in United States

Stress-filled, Fast Paced Brothel
Survey Manager (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJune 19, 2012
INTENSE! Not always enough hours in the day to get things done even if you manage your time properly = having to put in extra hours at night and on the weekend, often on a weekly basis. You have to work super fast and for long hours to try and stay on top of everything which leads to burn out very quickly.

Everyone is required to commit to quarterly personal goals to benefit the company every single quarter and NOBODY has the TIME to work on them!!!

Bonuses and raises are usually based on your progress in achieving goals each quarter.

Management is not afraid to throw employees under a truck for the slightest of reasons.

Managers who are unhappily married at home eventually proposition other employees. Some people have received promotions after a one night stand.

Expect a 100 emails a day to sort through. Fun! :-(

Glad to be out of this company!
Pros
reimbursement of company travel expenses. opportunities to travel and live & work abroad.
Cons
cons are listed below.
Interesting company
Recruiter II (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 10, 2016
I have learned a lot but there have been lots of changes with the purchase of IBM. You need to advocate for your self and be comfortable with learning on the fly and finding your own answers.
Pros
Great benefits, flexible schedule
Cons
High stress
Great job other than compensation
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TexasJanuary 15, 2015
There is work life balance in the remote positions. They do make sure teams are a good fit. Strong relationships built. In office politics can make advancement difficult if you are not in the click. Hard work, longevity, and dedication does not pay off financially and advancement for the whole is very difficult.
Pros
work life balance, great teams, fast paced.
Cons
salary and advancement opportunities.
It was a fair place to work at
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMay 4, 2015
It was a fair place to work at. But the company was bought out by a large Software group. The raises came very few unless you were hired for a new position. The management ran the group as if we were grade school students.
Pros
Good insurance
Cons
To many childish rules, reminded me of grade school.
Chance to help people change their lives.
Professional Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKMarch 16, 2016
Beginning to end recruiting.
Setting schedules. Screening candidates. Extending offers. Negotiating offers. Flexible hours
Kenexa has wonderful job opportunities and a great culture.
Recruiting Operations Lead (Current Employee) –  FriscoFebruary 29, 2012
The education and opportunity I have been given has provided me the necessary skills and knowledge to advance my career. I personally like their 10exa’s like: Laugh your way through a problem, opportunity exists here, find it, If it doesn’t sell, don’t do it. The culture is fun and exciting but the career growth potential eventually caps out. I am looking to further my career, knowledge base and salary.
Pros
fun environment - you can actually hear laughter
Cons
low salaries, lack of employee retention loyalty
long hours, blame game
Global Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NENovember 24, 2013
I enjoyed my coworkers. Management is quick to throw you under the bus if something goes badly on a project. Lots of late nights. Issue on a project seems to follow you for life, unless you hang out with managers outside of work. Heard about the same issue on a project for 3 straight yearly reviews. Always an excuse for no raises or bonuses...often something that was years ago or out of your control. If you aren't partying outside of work with managers or coworkers you will not moce up in organization. I was almost forced to go on a business trip when my first child was due, was told "it only takes an hour to fly back home", luckily an individual in upper management stopped that by saying "if his wife goes into labor he'll never forgive us and might quit", in essence it was always about them. Was told it was "bad timing" when I needed to take time off for my uncle's funeral. No back up plan for projects/clients when you take time off or have an emergency. Vacations were a double edged sword, often working while on vacation or working 80 hours before and after.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
lots, read review
Fast paced, productive ennvironment
Recruiter - Interview Specialist (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXJune 15, 2014
-Review and interview candidates for available positions.
-Document interview results and complete other recruiting administrative duties, through various softwares and systems.
-Train new employees on recruiting structure.
-Work on special projects requiring knowledge of numerous work cycles to help management develop new processes.
Pros
flexible hours, steady workload
Cons
salary, no advancement opportunities
Summary of Current position
IBM Company - Project Analyst, Talent Acquisition (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CANovember 10, 2014
I work directly with HR Business Partners, Recruiters and Hiring Managers with a 100% satisfaction rate and in the 90 percentile range for Candidate Satisfaction. I’ve scheduled over 200 candidates in the last two months. Coordinating includes arranging travel, community tour and creating final itineraries. Assigning leadership competencies to the interview team.

As the Project Analyst, I create weekly and monthly reports on all job requisitions, quarterly business reports, variable compensation reports and any and all ad-hoc reporting from the Applicant Tracking System using pivot tables. Supporting the Diversity Initiative, weekly and monthly reports are created on diversity recruiting that is presented to Executive Leadership. I also serve as the University Relations Coordinator by managing the candidate flow in the ATS.

As an individual contributor, I work remotely.
Pros
working remotely - flexibility
Cons
overworked, working 3 positions in one
Most fun job I've had
Data Image Processor (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NESeptember 14, 2013
I loved my 2yrs working at Blockbuster from the standpoint that I loved my regular customers and watching movies. It was by far the least stressful, most fun job I've had....however that doesn't pay the bills.

Compensation was low and corporate management was absolutely 100% clueless as to how to save the company. Combine that with the bankruptcies and store closings, I had no feeling of job security and had to move on.
Great
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Decatur, AlabamaFebruary 23, 2012
I LOVED working for this company. It was simply unfortunate that I was in the position of "last in, first out" when it came to layoffs. I especially liked Kenexa's approach to family values, community involvement and to the environment.
Pros
competitive benefits package
Cons
no tuition assistance
Android Developer
Android Developer (Current Employee) –  Wayne, PASeptember 9, 2015
 Involved in requirement gathering, UI design and development
 Handling XML data using efficient parsing techniques such as DOM parser
 Used Android content providers for implementing features like sending E-mails, SMS, etc. from the app and designed GUIs for these applications
Fun environment, but I worked 60 - 80 hours a week
Team Lead / Manager (KeyBank) (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TxOctober 6, 2014
My work life balance was terrible. I felt safe with my job security until I was laid off. I did enjoy working there. The environment was fun and enjoyable.
Great company with excellent employee development and engagement
Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXFebruary 28, 2012
While working at this company I experienced many positive work engagements and projects. All levels of management are engaged in developing each employee to go above and beyond.
Pros
great benefits
Temps in a box
Recruiter/Interview Specialist (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXMarch 4, 2014
There was just a layoff where multiple permanent staff were lost very suddenly, leaving temps and contractors to fill the space. Clearly a quick money fix, and not an incentive for working harder.

Not a well-run company, and advancement does not seem to be based on performance or skill. Recently bought by IBM, whose help desk is atrocious.
Pros
pay is decent for the work. telecommute option if you can get them to approve it.
Talent and workforce management - engaged
Human Resource Staffing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 26, 2014
Five key areas:
Talent acquisition—attracting the right candidates to the right roles through precision and science, and using social tools to make them productive more quickly.

Talent leadership and engagement—connecting the power of a highly engaged and fully enabled workforce with leaders aligned to critical roles to optimize organizational performance.

Talent optimization—rapidly developing, deploying, and optimizing workforce skills and capabilities, while capitalizing on an interconnected, social and collaborative workforce.

Talent recognition and rewards—optimizing the way employees are recognized and rewarded throughout the enterprise to attract, retain and stimulate top performance.

Talent analytics—transforming the way decisions are made through descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics, enabling data-driven insights.
Contract position
Executive Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Wayne, PADecember 13, 2013
I placed health care professionals in appropriate positions. A majority of the applicants had to be relocated to new positions, I learned how to explain and sell a city, new work evironement and career to professional applicants.
Pros
contract position
Cons
there was not permanent work offered
Very fair workplace. Nice atmosphere.
Tech Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJune 17, 2013
You work on phones. Other than some inflexibility on break time, a very clear, simple enough job. The hardest part of the job is when you run up against a software problem you have no control over. This is where the job becomes primarily about customer service. I am a little uncomfortable with what appears to be some nepotism at work, but people who can't do the work are removed regardless of who they know. That said, people with connections, or people that are clearly attractive have been promoted in front of other more senior/better qualified employees (not me, as I've been with the company less than a year). But such is life, generally it's a nice place to work. People are friendly and the managers are approachable. Pay isn't outstanding, but in the Midwest it's plenty if you're single.
Very collaborative place to work!
Sr. Implementation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAMarch 5, 2015
Kenexa was a great place to work at as there was great team comradery. It was a great group of people and it was a fantastic collaborative environment. The hardest part was the commute. On some days it would take 1.5 hours one way.
Pros
comradery
Cons
commute
Working with an Elite Team
Staffing Consultant/Talent Advisor (Current Employee) –  RemoteOctober 11, 2013
The Kenexa corporation takes the best of the best and puts them to work to make a smarter workforce for other companies. Being a part of this team is challenging and rewarding at the same time. If you enjoy starting early and working late and being a small part of something huge then this is the company for you. If you want to be recognized for a job well done then yep this is still the company for you.
Pros
ability to be in a team and yet set your own day
Cons
very long days and being on call 24/7 even when on pto