Kenmore Mercy Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Professional place to work, compassion is stressed throughout facility.
LPN (Current Employee) –  Kenmore, NYAugust 10, 2015
Staff is friendly, no compassion shown to staff from administration, cost of living raises given, no yearly raises. They say their wages are competitive but workers disagree.

Morale is low.
Pros
large corporation
Cons
Poor staffing, lunch breaks short if any at all.
Time was too short to rate
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Kenmore, NYJuly 9, 2015
I only worked with the company for 6 months and a part time basis. but; I enjoyed working my the Physician I worked with. He is supportive and kind, always there when you need him and smiling all the time.
Nice work environment
patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kenmore NYJuly 8, 2015
Great place to work. Enjoyed working with all my co workers, and management. I learned from many different different cultures of patients.
Pros
close to home
Cons
no affordable benefits
At Kenmore Mercy Hospital everyone is friendly and always willing to help.
Nursind Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kenmore,NewYorkJune 10, 2015
My typical day at work is having 30 pts taking care of them any and every one i work with help out the manager dr etc. My boss is easy to talk to and will help u far as schuedule in any type of way.The hardest apart of work is call off it put more work on everyone.At the end of the day is the most enjoyable part of my job is getting the job done.
Pros
The Dr.buy us cofee also lunch often
Cons
Short staff and call offs
A very busy unit
RN (Former Employee) –  Kenmore, NYJanuary 14, 2015
I worked on a medical/surgical unit that was always hopping. The staff was nice to work with.I had a chance to use my acute care skills here like starting IV's , drawing blood, working with patients that were attached to monitors etc.. Patients being admitted and discharged. There was always something to do.
Pros
using skills you don't get to use in a skilled nursing facilty.
Cons
physically and emotionally draining
Very good environment
Physical Therapy Department Internship (Former Employee) –  Kenmore, NYFebruary 16, 2014
This position was an internship without wages. The people that trained me exposed me to working in a real office with real patients, real situations. One of my favorite things to do was to help the patients get registered. It was difficult for some people. I had to call insurance companies to verify what type of coverage, what was the deductible amount, how many visits allowed. I also called Workers Comp for verification. Made reminder calls. Took co-payments.

I was able to assist the physical therapists with phone inquires, and anything of a clerical nature.

Everyday I made reminder calls, answered incoming calls, scheduled appointment.

The Catholic Health Care system would be wonderful to work for. They have a very caring attitude

.It was a fantastic opportunity for on the job experience
Pros
job experience, working with patients, new computer programs
Cons
none that i was aware of.
Floor Nursing Job on a Rehabilation unit
Registered Floor Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kenmore, NYSeptember 5, 2013
My typical day at work consist of assessing rehabilitation patients and passing medications and working with the various doctors ,carrying out orders . I have learned about working with rehab patients and the care they require. Also have improved on my interpersonal communication and nursing skills. My co-workers are great very easy to get along with and personable. The hardest part of the job is having to work weekends and holidays and the job does not allow for a good work /life balance. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the patients.
Pros
good salary
Cons
short breaks working weekends and holidays and work/life balance is not good.
productive even had a gym to exercise
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Kenmore, NYJuly 14, 2013
I always enjoyed working for this hospital.

Had great co-workers. Everyone very helpful.
Pros
good health benifits
Internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  Kenmore, NYJune 8, 2013
I was given the opportunity to have an internship at Kenmore Mercy Hospital. This internship confirmed my love for healthcare and also for administrative positions.
My department was unorganized in the scheduling aspect, very stressfull
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kenmore, NYFebruary 26, 2013
I loved working for this copmany but I felt as if my concerns went unanswered when they were brought up to my boss and human relations.

Being a single parent the variabled scheduling of hours was very difficult to work with and when I questioned the above personell my concerns went un answered.
Pros
money paid per hour
Cons
variabled hours
very clean work enviroment
Central Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Kenmore, NYAugust 9, 2012
coming from the county hospital i felt i was down sized the learning stopped, the staff was very supportive, friendly and easy going.
benefits
Cons
management showed favortisim to some.
fast paced, high volume environment
service representative (Former Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYAugust 3, 2012
Good company to work for, gained much experience, high turn over rate with management made for difficult work environment.
Cons
high turn over rate with management
Good Job for Nursing students
Nurse Attendant (Current Employee) –  Kenmore, NYJune 29, 2012
I been working here for about 2 years now and I love it. The staff are very friendly and helpful. I love how small the hospital is and everyone knows one another. They are like my other family.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no lpn jobs
very unprofessional people.
FOOD SERVICE EXPEDITOR (Former Employee) –  Kenmore, NYMay 16, 2012
i told HR about harrassment from a co-worker and they did not believe me even though i said it over and over again and gave them proof.
Very busy
Radiology Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kenmore, NYMay 12, 2012
In this position I was constantly on the move. This job called for a sharp,think on your toes type of mindset. There was phones ringing,people at the window waiting to be checked in and doctors ordering CT scans to be brought to their offices. I enjoyed the fast pace of the office. It provided me to challenge myself everyday as well as make the workday go by quicker.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
only part time

Kenmore Mercy Hospital Reviews by Location