Kenmore Mercy Hospital Employee Reviews

Great hospital
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 12, 2017
I worked here as a PRN position in the Radiology department. Nice small hospital where you get to know everyone very well. I was also a student here in school and enjoyed it so much that I decided to work here as a PRN tech.
Kenmore Mercy internship
Phlebotomy Intern (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 28, 2017
I interned at the blood clinic behind the hospital for 3 weeks in order to completely my phlebotomy certificate. The employees were very nice and supportive, and the patients were very sick people who needed understanding and assistance.
Pros
set schedule, weekends off, frequent breaks
Cons
monotonous office work was required of employees
good team
RN (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NY 14207March 3, 2017
I feel like hospitals focus too much on patient satisfaction scores which is not always going to portray the reality. Overall this hospital has treated me well, it can be a draining profession overall but the team members at this hospital are unparallelled.
Hospital outsourced entire transcription department to save money.
Medical Transcriptionist/Editor (Former Employee) –  Kenmore, NYFebruary 20, 2017
Transcription/editing variable workload, could be asked to take paid leave. Learned voice recognition software and editing. Management did not support workers, problems left unaddressed. Increasingly toxic atmosphere. Sometimes stressful trying to keep up with productivity goals. Enjoyed typing and learning medical treatments and terminology.
Pros
Opportunity to learn in hospital atmosphere.
Cons
Job increasingly devalued, then eliminated and sent overseas to boost bottomline and throw quality away.
Excellent place to work for and staff was great
Sterile Distribution Technician (Former Employee) –  Kenmore, NYFebruary 20, 2017
My typical day on the job was delivering sterile instruments to the OR staff when needed. I would also put sterile items back on the shelf and fold linens. My managers were amazing and accommodating. I enjoyed my job to the fullest and looked forward to coming in on my designated shift.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Short breaks, not a set schedule
I was here for school
Internship (Former Employee) –  Kenmore, NYFebruary 14, 2017
I was here for school. It was filing, typing, and data entry. Some people were nice while others were not. I was only here once a week and that was it. I interned and basically did whatever I was asked to do. A lot of the work was work that nobody else wanted to deal with.
Loved the job!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kenmore, NYJanuary 18, 2017
Love working at KHM only disadvantage it is a unionized hospital. Coworkers and management were great. Lots of effort put into the care of patients.
Family atmosphere
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Kenmore, NYNovember 15, 2016
Close staff who provide excellent patient care while following hospital and state guidelines. Each patient is taken care of by caring staff member.
great hospital
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 2, 2016
although one of the smaller hospitals in buffalo, kenmore mercy is a wonderful place to work - you get to know everyone you work with which makes it feel very welcoming. Staff and management are very supportive of your professional enhacement.
Good job
Monitor Tech/Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kenmore, NYAugust 16, 2016
A focused and goal-oriented workplace that also includes a culture of caring and teamwork. Most coworkers are friendly and genuinely interested in your well-being. Everyone helps each other, as much as they can.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with the conflicting values held by the business and the clinical aspects of the workplace; i.e. money doesn't readily blend with morality.

During the evening and night shift, things are pretty relaxed, but during the day it can be quite busy with management, clinical staff, and patient movement.
Pros
Cafeteria, coworkers, wellness center
Cons
Not much
State of the art Emergency Department but with limited staffing.
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYMarch 30, 2016
Full of hardworking employees but is constantly understaffed. This is a concern for the safety of the patients being cared for.
Professional place to work, compassion is stressed throughout facility.
LPN (Current Employee) –  Kenmore, NYAugust 10, 2015
Staff is friendly, no compassion shown to staff from administration, cost of living raises given, no yearly raises. They say their wages are competitive but workers disagree.

Morale is low.
Pros
large corporation
Cons
Poor staffing, lunch breaks short if any at all.
Time was too short to rate
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Kenmore, NYJuly 9, 2015
I only worked with the company for 6 months and a part time basis. but; I enjoyed working my the Physician I worked with. He is supportive and kind, always there when you need him and smiling all the time.
Nice work environment
patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kenmore NYJuly 8, 2015
Great place to work. Enjoyed working with all my co workers, and management. I learned from many different different cultures of patients.
Pros
close to home
Cons
no affordable benefits
At Kenmore Mercy Hospital everyone is friendly and always willing to help.
Nursind Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kenmore,NewYorkJune 10, 2015
My typical day at work is having 30 pts taking care of them any and every one i work with help out the manager dr etc. My boss is easy to talk to and will help u far as schuedule in any type of way.The hardest apart of work is call off it put more work on everyone.At the end of the day is the most enjoyable part of my job is getting the job done.
Pros
The Dr.buy us cofee also lunch often
Cons
Short staff and call offs
A very busy unit
RN (Former Employee) –  Kenmore, NYJanuary 14, 2015
I worked on a medical/surgical unit that was always hopping. The staff was nice to work with.I had a chance to use my acute care skills here like starting IV's , drawing blood, working with patients that were attached to monitors etc.. Patients being admitted and discharged. There was always something to do.
Pros
using skills you don't get to use in a skilled nursing facilty.
Cons
physically and emotionally draining
Very good environment
Physical Therapy Department Internship (Former Employee) –  Kenmore, NYFebruary 16, 2014
This position was an internship without wages. The people that trained me exposed me to working in a real office with real patients, real situations. One of my favorite things to do was to help the patients get registered. It was difficult for some people. I had to call insurance companies to verify what type of coverage, what was the deductible amount, how many visits allowed. I also called Workers Comp for verification. Made reminder calls. Took co-payments.

I was able to assist the physical therapists with phone inquires, and anything of a clerical nature.

Everyday I made reminder calls, answered incoming calls, scheduled appointment.

The Catholic Health Care system would be wonderful to work for. They have a very caring attitude

.It was a fantastic opportunity for on the job experience
Pros
job experience, working with patients, new computer programs
Cons
None that I was aware of.
Floor Nursing Job on a Rehabilation unit
Registered Floor Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kenmore, NYSeptember 5, 2013
My typical day at work consist of assessing rehabilitation patients and passing medications and working with the various doctors ,carrying out orders . I have learned about working with rehab patients and the care they require. Also have improved on my interpersonal communication and nursing skills. My co-workers are great very easy to get along with and personable. The hardest part of the job is having to work weekends and holidays and the job does not allow for a good work /life balance. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the patients.
Pros
good salary
Cons
short breaks working weekends and holidays and work/life balance is not good.
productive even had a gym to exercise
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Kenmore, NYJuly 14, 2013
I always enjoyed working for this hospital.

Had great co-workers. Everyone very helpful.

Pros
Good health benifits
Internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  Kenmore, NYJune 8, 2013
I was given the opportunity to have an internship at Kenmore Mercy Hospital. This internship confirmed my love for healthcare and also for administrative positions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kenmore Mercy Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Kenmore Mercy Hospital Reviews by Location