Kennametal Employee Reviews

Kennametal - Nashville
Grinder II (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 1, 2016
Good people to work with. Good culture. Fairly, steady work 12 months a year. If you're looking for a paycheck, a very good place to work. If you are looking for any kind of advancement from within, maybe about 5% chance.
Pros
Cons
No advancement from within
Very productive work place that cares about the employees.
Quality Coordinator/Quality Control Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Goshen, INNovember 20, 2016
Kennametal is a wonderful place. I have learned so much about working in a quality lab and the importance of my job. Safety is a huge focus area and is taken very seriously. The management team tries to work together and constant improvements are being made.
Pros
The willingness to teach
Cons
The 1 hour long drive to get to work is no longer feasible.
Safety was a plus
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston txOctober 20, 2016
When and before closing a business down and relocating weigh in the margin on how a cmpany with so much experience employees contribute to 45 yrs of success.
Pros
Company dinners were Awesome
Cons
401k matching was not a plus
Laid off. Job outsourced to India
SENIOR ANALYST, Distributed Systems (Former Employee) –  Latrobe, PAOctober 19, 2016
Last few years were hard. We heard talk that we were losing our jobs. We spent the last 6 months training our India replacements.
strong company with excellent business ethics
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Latrobe, PASeptember 19, 2016
Great company with dedicated employees; learned great selling skills and management techniques from other sales managers and VP's; enjoyed being an industry leader in the market
Cons
poor sales leadership at the Directors level
great place to work
Lead Person (Current Employee) –  Chilhowie, VASeptember 8, 2016
Has meet the needs of my family for 25+ years. Lots of great people work here that I can call friend. Have learned skills that I can use the rest of my life.
Has be Great place to work!!
Lead Person (Former Employee) –  Chilhowie, VASeptember 8, 2016
Come in do our job go home. Most co-workers are good friends. I have learned skills that I can used somewhere else. Their are a lot of good people that work at Kennametal!
Great working enviroment
Project Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCSeptember 6, 2016
Great place to work, but with little growth potential.
Good management
Excellent team
Great upper management mentor ship
Great work environment
hard working team members
Pros
free lunches at times
Cons
too many unimportant meetings
Steady Decline
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Latrobe, PAAugust 30, 2016
What was once a premier company to work for in western PA has now declined dramatically due to poor upper management hires over the years and consistent tendency to reward bad behavior and decision making. Currently not stable.
Pros
Comp
A great place to work with great people to work with.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chilhowie, VAAugust 11, 2016
I started here 5 years ago and have enjoyed working every day.
The employees are great and willing to help in whatever is needed to meet the customer demands, they work safely and have a great attitude.
Cons
Chilhowie Kennametal to Close 12/31/2016
Decent pay, declining benefits package
CNC MACHINIST (Current Employee) –  TennesseeAugust 10, 2016
Our company was taken over by KennaMetal. The management at KennaMetal is not impressive. Too much middle Management, money wasted continuously on equipment that is not used, The equipment is then shipped to other locations where it is not used. People are allowed to work overtime when there is no product to run. Constant lay offs in America and hiring in overseas (lower labor rate markets)
Pros
Very few
Cons
Weak management, no job security
Over good place to work
Senior Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARAugust 3, 2016
Insurance is good. Pay is good. As long as the oil an gas market is good this place really thrives. New plant manager is really making great strides to help get this place back on track
Pros
Compatable Pay
Cons
Gas an oil market dependent
Production
CNC Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCAugust 2, 2016
Good salary, decent hours. It is a small warehouse with maybe 200 workers. But the company is failing. Work is slow, and they just did voluntary layoffs, but still may be expecting to terminate more jobs.
KMT needs better leadership
engineer (Current Employee) –  Latrobe, PAJuly 25, 2016
Talented people, but teamwork and collaboration are not promoted or practiced. Everybody appears to work in silos. New generation of managers promoted who are not people people and need education on management. Currently undergoing work force reductions. Many people want to leave or are leaving or have left.
Pros
40hrs per week
Cons
menagment, not true R&D for industry changing technologies
Finishing operater
Finishing Technician (Former Employee) –  La Vergne, TNJuly 13, 2016
Started out with getting as much overtime as you wanted, the job was awesome but as the years pass by the company has went down hill fast, work is slow And job security doesn't exist, now pay raises have been frozen! Definitely not going in the direction bit once was when I started! What once was a booming company is now a sinking ship !
Pros
Good people, supervisors, breaks
Cons
Benefits, cooprate management
A fun working and learning environment
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJune 20, 2016
One of the best companies that I have ever worked for. Eventhough as an intern, I was exposed to different aspects of the human resource field. My co-workers were great and so was my manager. The hardest part of my job was the end of my intership.
Pros
Pleasant working environment.
Cons
A lot of meetings.
Good company
IT Tech Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Latrobe, PAJune 1, 2016
I enjoyed working for KForce. They got me a good position within a good company. I am happy with the overall experience. The representative was always available, she was quite knowledgeable and always willing to help with any questions I had.
Pros
Good pay good benefits
Good place to work.
Shipping/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNApril 26, 2016
I enjoyed working at Kennametal. The pay was good and the benefits. I learned a lot about shipping and making parts that are very expensive. The co-workers was nice and management. The hardest part was working in some of the more dangerous areas and learning about the chemicals. The most enjoyable was the pay and getting to work over-time.
Pros
Can work extra hours.
Cons
Not so clean environment.
Overall good company to work for
Admin Assistant/Supply Chain Analyst/Product Buyer (Former Employee) –  TennesseeApril 25, 2016
Company gave me opportunities to grow and try new things. It was very challenging with some of the management not in the position they should have been
Pros
learedalot
Cons
poor management
Fun place to work, nice atmosphere
Supervising Machinist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 7, 2016
Love how they let you learn different machines. A typical day at work is stress free. I've learned to work on different machines for which I wasn't hired for. Management gives you your space, they give you an assignment and leave it up to you. My co-workers makes the job easier, cause everyone gets along like family. The hardest part about the job is leaving cause its a real nice place to work. The thing I enjoy the most is learning different machines.
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
short breaks