Kennedy Donovan Center

Kennedy Donovan Center Employee Reviews in United States

Not a good place to work
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Dennisport, MAJune 14, 2016
Program managers lack support for their staff. High staff turn over.Reimbursements take very long time. When inquiring about reimbursement the excuse is that request wasnt submitted even though the requests are submitted repeatedly. Low pay rate.
Pros
House is nice and clean and functionable
Cons
Poor staff support. High staff turn over. Low wages.
Educational and fulfilling
Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Attleboro MassachusettesJune 14, 2015
As a mental health counselor, my day involved hands on care for individuals with various disabilities. Teaching them how to adapt and care for themselves. Patience and humility was taught daily through the clients I worked with. I enjoyed working closely with a small group of loving and caring individuals. There was never a rough day at work or a tough moment. I enjoyed everyday.
Pros
Getting to know the families
Cons
Payrate
Great company, great team, dynamic services
Residential Director (Former Employee) –  Cape Cod, MassachusettsMay 2, 2015
Kennedy-Donovan Center is a professional enviornment that offers employees many opportunities to learn and grow in the field of human services dedicated to those with developmental disabilities.
Pros
Growth opportunities, benefits
Not a lot of support from supervisors
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsOctober 27, 2014
Supervisor at the location that I worked at was not a nice lady to the staff but more importantly to the clients. When her supervisor was told about this there was nothing done about it
Pros
the clients and other staff are incredible to work with
Great company
Specialized Foster and Respite Care Provider (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAMay 23, 2013
Loved the people we served.
Basically raised a large family
Professional and creative atmosphere, work with the developmentally disabled population from infants, school age, adulthood to senior years
Case manager (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAJuly 12, 2012
a typical day would be going on scheduled home visits, teaching life skill, handling medical, legal, financial appointments. Working with contracting agencies, the public and private sector. Time management was important. Communication with superiors, paperwork, reports etc were done in timely and proficient manners. The hardest part of the job was when emergencies came up and someone was hospitalized or injured. The most enjoyable part of the job was when we were able to have an enjoyable outing with a client (or several) ex. beach days, car races, movies etc.
Pros
very family oriented agency. flexibility with hours, rewarding work, great atmosphere in the office, able to work outside the office
Cons
when emergencies happened it could throw a monkey wrench in your scheduled appointments.
Great Company
Accounts Receivable Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Foxborough, MAMarch 29, 2012
I enjoyed my position and found it very challenging. I learned several skills during my employment.
Pros
great work environment.
Cons
no room for growth within the company.

Want to know more about Kennedy Donovan Center?

Ask a question