Kennedy Health System Employee Reviews

A great healrhcare facility and wonderful work life balace
UNIT SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJune 20, 2017
I enjoyed working at Kennedy Health. It truly was a great placw to work. Clean work environment. Great coworkers and the benefits were amazing. Would definitely recommend
Pros
Hospital week perks, off site holiday parties.
Cons
Shirt lunch breaks
Stratford office was HORRIBLE
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stratford, NJMay 25, 2017
hired as per diem, worked full time
Specific doctor bullied and nothing was done about it
HR said there was nothing to really do
Stopped working there a few weeks before I got pregnant
Cons
Rude staff
Not fun or appeasing to work at
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Sewell, NJMay 9, 2017
never work in dietary, it is incredibly unorganized and a hassle to try to work through. The night time. And for whatever reason they still don't know how to run the place.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
terrible managment, no orginizations
Great management
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJApril 10, 2017
Wonderful staff that was beyond supportive. I came to work everyday to a group of people who were right beside you through the most difficult of days, and that includes the nursing supervisor.
Learning Experience
Nutritional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stratford, NJMarch 28, 2017
Although you may only work in one specific department, being able to work on the floor with patients and seek Nursing staff advice allows you to experience many different things!
Great place
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJMarch 22, 2017
Kennedy was a great place to work. The hours were ideal as well as the benefits. The hospital seems to really care about their employees. I would work for that organization again.
Challenging work with limited resources
Information Technology Manager (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJMarch 21, 2017
Healthcare is experiencing tremendous growth in technology but the company is reluctant to invest in the staffing required to support all of this necessary expansion. The overall budget is increasing with new applications being added but no investment in the support infrastructure to keep these vital 24x7 systems online.
Pros
Worked with some good people
Cons
High responsibility with limited budgets
Respected Healthcare
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJMarch 17, 2017
Respected healthcare organization with multiple hospitals in their network. Quality and expert care is provided within the health system. Positive management and strong employee relations.
Great Place
Workers' Compensation & LOA Specialist/HR (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJMarch 14, 2017
I love working in great positive environments. Any job that provided you the opportunity to learn and grow is worth it. A job is what you make of it and make every experience a learning one.
Productive and friendly workplace
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Washington Twps, NJMarch 9, 2017
Very nice and clean environment... Good management team and hard working people. Good food in cafeteria and very pleasant patient and staff. I enjoyed working there.
Pros
free lunches, and friendly people
Cons
Short breaks
Little fish in a big pond
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJMarch 9, 2017
Kennedy strives to have a good culture, but it fails to really take on the competition (namely Virtua) in any meaningful way. Most business and technology groups are forced to do as much as or more than our counterparts in other health systems with half the budget and less than half the staff.

Great benefits and reasonably competitive pay for most higher job titles, but it seems the lower paying job titles are intentionally targeted to be at or below the mean salary of similar job titles at other organizations.

The bottom line is too much work, not enough people. Poor project management and lack of vision and leadership at the highest levels. The pending Jefferson merger clearly has senior leadership acting in self-preservation.
benefits
Cons
lack of direction, understaffed and underbudgeted
Great culture, nowhere near enough resources
Clinical Pharmacy Specialist (Current Employee) –  Turnersville, NJFebruary 23, 2017
I love working at Kennedy, but the level of work the clinical pharmacists are being asked to do borders on unsafe. The culture here is truly fantastic, but in today's healthcare environment, help is always a challenge--even moreso here at Kennedy.
Pros
work/life balance, family first atmosphere in culture
Cons
Unrealistic expectations and unsafe workloads
Great workplace with generous compensation as well as staff recognition.
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Stratford, NJJanuary 27, 2017
Great workplace with generous compensation as well as staff recognition. Management maintains good communication with staff. Kennedy culture is supportive. Overall, Kennedy is a great place to work.
Friendly work Enviroment
Patient escort (Former Employee) –  Stratford, NJJanuary 5, 2017
My coworkers were the best. We all worked as a unit. I wouldn't trade them for the world. The Managers could have been better for a hospital. Working for a Hospital we never had a slow day. something always happened to keep us moving and for me that's what I like.
Pros
my coworkers
Cons
My manager
Great place the associates are friendly and helpful
Crcst tech (Current Employee) –  Cherry hillDecember 7, 2016
Great place , I enjoy the teamwork of the associates and how
Friendly and fair the company is. The managers are great too.
Challenging and great to work with members of management
Assistant Vice President Construction and Design (Current Employee) –  Sewell, NJNovember 27, 2016
Busy from start to finish. A good environment.
Presentation thoroughness.
Strong dedicated professional folks.
Managing many projects while managing staff and construction crew.
Meeting the needs of our user groups.
Pros
Friendly group of emplyees in the organization.
Cons
Travel distance ot main office
A great bunch of people to work with
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJNovember 17, 2016
Working for the hospital was always a fun place to work. nurses were always spot on and it was a learning hospital where New doctors came to become Doctors,
Pros
always looking out for the other person
Cons
cant think of any
Busy workplace great people, poor administration.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Voorhees, NJOctober 4, 2016
I worked for Kennedy for 1-2 years, heavy work load with little pay. Starting salary was 11-12 dollars maybe if you are lucky.
Co-workers are phenomenal, but the administration and company as a whole is very unorganized. They pick up offices and have incompetent staff. If you acquire more skills on the job, you ARE NOT compensated.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Everything else
VERY low rates for radiology
radiology (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJuly 20, 2016
Seek elsewhere unless you are per diem. The full and part time rates are awful. The hospital is very old, and the equipment is old also.
Well managed health care facility with excellent benefits
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sewell, NJJuly 19, 2016
I loved working for Kennedy Heath System. The large company made it a pleasure to work for. I was able to have flexible hours and move around in my position. I always felt supported by management and my co-workers were very helpful. A typical day at work would begin with ADL's with my patients (around 10-15 pts), getting them cleaned up and dressed for the day. Then I would assist the nurse with medications, treatments and charting. Anything from specimen collection to daily needs I was in charge of. The hardest part of the job would be the physical demand of being a CNA. The most enjoyable part would be the rewarding feeing that helping ones in need gives me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kennedy Health System. Our community is ready to answer.