Kennedy Health System

Kennedy Health System Employee Reviews

Fun and Relaxed Work place.
EMT-B (Current Employee), Lindenwold, NJMarch 24, 2015
It a working environment in a home like atmosphere. A very relax and enjoyable setting. It a company that i look forward to coming to work for. My coworkers are all great people and know what hey are doing and will have you back in any situation. The hardest part of the job is just dealing with our regular people that want to be transported to the hospital.
Great place to work. Very good synergy between departments.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Cherry Hill, NJNovember 21, 2014
Pros: very malleable staff when it comes to needing a day off.
Cons: per diem techs dont get a lot of hours.
I like working here as a pharmacy technician but as a per diem technician i cant get enough hours.
Caring Family
Dispatcher (Current Employee), Stratford, NJOctober 2, 2014
Great place to work with respectful kind employees. Although the hospital can be stressful, the employees, patients, and family members all show such campassion towards each other, it makes work enjoyable. Everyday when you go to work you know you are going to help someone, and when you leave you feel good knowing you did your best to help people lives get better.
Community health system with three hospitals
Corporate Director, Ambulatory Services (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, NJSeptember 22, 2014
Community health system with three hospitals, strong ties to communities it serves. Affilations with Penn and duPont Hospitals. Teaching component with Rutgers/UMDNJ Osteopathic School of Medicine.
Very educational experience
Intern (Former Employee), New JerseyAugust 17, 2014
Pros: very educational
Very educational and welcoming place to work. It was enjoyable to work at such a great company.
good experience
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Cherry Hill, NJMay 12, 2014
Pros: good experiencce
Cons: time to learn more
worked in medical cardiac icu for a time prior to that worked on pcu with post op open heart patients
worked in various areas
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, NJApril 11, 2014
Increased knowledge base of Medical, surgical, Orthopedics, Progressive Care, Telemetry, intensive Care, and Emergency room nursing for nurse out of nursing school.
driver
Shuttle Driver (Current Employee), Turnersville, NJJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: paid break
Cons: not enough hours
I drive employees from the employee entrance to their cars and document number of passengers and millage
Productive day at work
Food Service Worker (Current Employee), Cherry Hill, NJJanuary 8, 2014
I learned more of customer service interact with Patients and co-workers.. My co-workers are nice to work with. Overall the job is exciting. The enjoyable part of my job is the fact that i feel good when i help patients and talk to them. I hope if given a chance to be in a management position.
STAT Medical Transport
EMT-Basic (Current Employee), Voorhees, NJDecember 10, 2013
Pros: pay bills
Cons: bad magement / no lunch / no job advancement.
This job would be a good job, if the management was better.
Daily on the job you are busy with patient transport, most patients are stable and just need to be taken back to long term care facility's / rehabs or home. 90 % of the time you will never see a lunch break. Because the management considers the DOWN TIME you have in between calls (which is between 5-20 mins when they are not sending the next patient info to you as you are dropping off the current patient you have on your stretcher in the same hospital) is enough time to eat, but that is mostly taken up with charting. The management sucks at interpersonal relationships, the head manager that over see the supervisors is almost never seen, and when he is seen he acts like he really does not care what you have to say. They really don't work with you all. Most of the time the only time you hear from them is when you do something wrong. They don't follow the policy they set forth. and usually like to keep the place under staffed so they can lock you into that position so you are unable to transfer, and when they finally approve your transfer it takes forever for them to allow you to move to your new position in the hospital. Most of your Co-Workers are great. but you still have those few employees who just don't like anyone.
Most of the time you won't learn much and you actually lose a lot of what you learn in school, because you are put in a lot of Non-emergent situations. The hardest part of the job is just learning the different facility's / roads. the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people.
Sr. Java/J2EE Developer (Current Employee), Cherry Hill, NJNovember 15, 2013
-Learned a lot
-Great Environment of work
-Good Management
Fast past Productive enviroment
Medical Assistant/Intern (Former Employee), Washington Township, NJNovember 4, 2013
Fast past. Learning something new every second of the day.Never a dull moment. Everyone worked as a team. I loved working here becasue the medical field is my dream job.
Supportive Company
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Stratford, New JerseySeptember 28, 2013
As an organization, employee continuing education and patient care are priorities. Because of this, I have great respect for this community based health care system. It's a hospital where I felt that I was able to make a difference when I was at work.
Worst place ever!
Lpn (Former Employee), Family health centerAugust 13, 2013
Pros: doctors and co workers
Cons: i honestly in 24 years in healthcare have never seen such a train wreck.
Lpn in out patient setting.horrifically managed office. Under staffed and Absolutely NO respect for employees. Dangerously staffed with students and new MAs without guidance. Great doctors were undermined by management.
Only here because there are no other jobs.
Non nursing skilled tech (Current Employee), HospitalJune 26, 2013
Pros: its a job
Cons: too many to list
Awful management. Across the board. That's the general topic of talk between departments. They require so much to advance, but most managers don't have any experience in the fields that they manage. Employees have no expression and are not valued at all.
We had a meeting with the VP of operations who compared employees to slots, and how she likes when departments run short staffed, so she can lower the bottom line even though we are under budget. Cool way to get that bonus, hun.

"At least you have a job" is a common phrase from management AND HR....which I find to be very disrespectful. I feel as if this place needs a union. At least then the workers could voice their opinions to a company that has most of it's budget in upper management. We are an extremely top heavy hospital.

The employees watched the other area hospitals flourish while we sat and cared for charity care patients and we got used to being treated like dirt from our managers. Like HR says though....at least you have a job. Who cares about your dignity?
great place to work
CNA (Current Employee), Cherry Hill, NJJune 15, 2013
Pros: overtime
Cons: short staff
Enjoyed staff felt like family
learn to multitask
hardest part of job unplestant patients
fast pace setting
you better of staying home than work there
not even going to bother (Former Employee), stratford njFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: not one thing
Cons: all
kennedy health is definitely place that you DO NOT want to work here, starting with management, co-workers and ending it with pay. Pay was so bad ,when i went for an interview with a different company they couldn't believe how much i was getting paid for the work i did. Its so embarrassing to even admit it . Management in my department ,wow!!!! where do i begin. Yes it is that bad. The only good thing were the patients. Thats All. Please save yourself the headache and dont apply there. I left after 3 years because i couldnt take it anymore. Im so glad that i did. If only the president knew what was going on, he should go as undercover and experience it for himself and visit each department and i mean each department.
Excellent benefits package with limited flexibility to adjust working hours
Corporate Director Clinical Initiatives (Current Employee), Voorhees, NJFebruary 17, 2013
Pros: exceptional teamwork, strong collaboraton
Cons: work schedule impacts home life
Analyze, prepare reports and communicate Core measure results to the organization;

Attend multiple medical staff and other meetings to report Core measure results;

Utilize webex conferences to ensure updates to CMS abstraction guidelines changes for core measures;

Communicate and plan for these changes that might impact our compliance.

Most difficult part of the job is keeping up with the multiple changes to the delivery of healthcare in an acute care environment.

Leading my Clinical Review staff and working with medical staff towards improvements in Core Measure compliance for our 3 hospital health system is one of the rewards of the this position.
Overall nice place to work with tight community of coworkers within the entire radiology department.
Sonographer (Former Employee), Washington TwpFebruary 6, 2013
Interesting experience working all shifts with both staff radiologists and international NightHawk radiology services. Varied experience within hospital system, rotations included three different hospitals of varied sizes. However, staff still remained close and was nice sense of comradeship among them.
stay away stay far away
stationary engineer (Former Employee), stratfordJanuary 22, 2013
Cons: horrible work environment
I think Kennedy must have paid these people to make good reviews for them yes this place is that sneaky and underhanded like the other person said stay away there are other hospitals I left a good hospital to go here boy did I regret it this is the worst job I've ever had in my 30 plus years of working

About Kennedy Health System

Like its namesake, The Kennedy Health System is allĀ about service to the public. The Kennedy Health System operates three acute – Read more