Kennedy Health System Employee Reviews in United States

Well managed health care facility with excellent benefits
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sewell, NJJuly 19, 2016
I loved working for Kennedy Heath System. The large company made it a pleasure to work for. I was able to have flexible hours and move around in my position. I always felt supported by management and my co-workers were very helpful. A typical day at work would begin with ADL's with my patients (around 10-15 pts), getting them cleaned up and dressed for the day. Then I would assist the nurse with medications, treatments and charting. Anything from specimen collection to daily needs I was in charge of. The hardest part of the job would be the physical demand of being a CNA. The most enjoyable part would be the rewarding feeing that helping ones in need gives me.
Great place to work, enjoyed and learned so much during my 18 years.
Compensation Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJMay 22, 2015
Worked at Kennedy for many years, my co-workers became friends. I learned so much in my different roles, and management was very invested in their employees which showed in so many ways. The hardest part of my job towards the end of my career, was to not take on so much responsibilities because I strived to be the best for Kennedy. Miss the employees and the camaraderie.
Pros
Great benefits( medical, time off)
Cons
Healthcare, 24/7 workweek
N/a
Patient Escort (Current Employee) –  washington townshipOctober 15, 2015
i like transporting patients.There's more opportunity for new challenges and to grow your career here.hardest part of the job is we are very short handed and seems my manager wont hire new people to help the department. low salary too.
Pros
N/A
Work/ Life Balance
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJMay 11, 2016
Kennedy is a great company to work for. The only thing I don't enjoy is the extended work hours. I became a Medical Assistant to work during the days so I can be apart of my kids education. Kennedy work schedule does not allow me to do so.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Work Hours
VERY low rates for radiology
radiology (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJuly 20, 2016
Seek elsewhere unless you are per diem. The full and part time rates are awful. The hospital is very old, and the equipment is old also.
Enjoyable Work Environment
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Stratford, NJNovember 12, 2015
Great team of social workers and case managers. Very culturally diverse. The salary is decent. I am actively looking to relocate to NC, that is why I am searching employment. Otherwise I would stay.
they say that they will help you and don't
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJMarch 30, 2016
communication problems between departments, discrimination on the job and criticize about things that where not your fault
security
Certified Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Turnersville, NJ 08012February 15, 2016
certified security Officer and Training Instructor for Handle with Care. Great place to work room to advance and plenty of opportunities. Its a place that you can start and retire.
Staff very helpful
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Turnersville, NJFebruary 2, 2016
I am currently still working for Kennedy. Looking for another position outside the health care industry as the pay and hours worked hardly pay out bills.
Productive and a great learning experience
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Turnersville, NJOctober 17, 2015
Great place to learn and work. Supportive management, that are willing to help you grow, develop and succeed. Employees are very friendly.
Great place to work. Many terrific colleagues
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJAugust 6, 2015
The Radiology dept offered growth, flexibility and opportunities to learn. Co worker always willing to help, management sensitive to working mothers
Pros
very employee oriented
Cons
nothing that wouldn't be experienced in other places
A good place to work
Career advancement
Educational advancement
Respectful atmosphere
Educated and dedicated employees
Pros
employee appreciation
Always a busy atmosphere
Patient Safety Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stratford, NJSeptember 3, 2015
Nice place to work. Management is friendly and always willing to help. The hardest thing about my job is not knowing what I'm walking in to in the mornings.
Top 10 Employer in NJ? No way, no how.
CPD Tech (Former Employee) –  Stratford, NJOctober 26, 2015
Top-heavy company, leaving very little for the people who actually do the work. Zero respect from supervisor, for ANY of his employees. Cronyism. Wages well below state averages. Don't bother wasting your time.
Pros
none really
love working here
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJNovember 10, 2015
great place to work. love my boss and my co workers. we always help each other out when needed. hardest part of the job Is seeing sick and hurt people it is sad.
Kennedy Health Security Officers
SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Stratford, NJAugust 18, 2015
A typical day at Kennedy Hospital is fast paced working environment. Working in the emergency room I see a lot of interesting people from all back rounds. I've learned the different procedure's related to working in a hospital setting. I work with a good team of officers and the most enjoyable part of my position is it keep me busy through the work day.
Pros
room for over-time
Cons
sometimes breaks can not be taken
Competitive and pleasant place to work
Registered Nurse - Endoscopy Unit (Former Employee) –  Washington Township, NJMarch 26, 2012
Opportunities to further your skills.
Limited flexibility in scheduling time off due to size of the unit.
Pleasant work environment.
Pros
competitive salary
Cons
on call for 3 divisions
you better of staying home than work there
not even going to bother (Former Employee) –  stratford njFebruary 25, 2013
kennedy health is definitely place that you DO NOT want to work here, starting with management, co-workers and ending it with pay. Pay was so bad ,when i went for an interview with a different company they couldn't believe how much i was getting paid for the work i did. Its so embarrassing to even admit it . Management in my department ,wow!!!! where do i begin. Yes it is that bad. The only good thing were the patients. Thats All. Please save yourself the headache and dont apply there. I left after 3 years because i couldnt take it anymore. Im so glad that i did. If only the president knew what was going on, he should go as undercover and experience it for himself and visit each department and i mean each department.
Pros
not one thing
Cons
all
Typical Day
nurse (Former Employee) –  Washington TWPOctober 2, 2015
3 patients assignment in ICU, patients were very ill and they added the RRT nurse to my assignment on top of that not safe at all
Learning Experience
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Sewell, NJDecember 27, 2011
It was a wonderful learning experience. It strengthened my problem solving skills and also helped me to gain experience as a Nurse Manager.
Pros
good compensation and benefits
Cons
job security