Kennedy Krieger Institute Employee Reviews

Fun and competitive workplace but low pay
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 18, 2018
I absolutely love the kids we serve and the people I work with, but it’s a very low salary for the hard work put in. It’s sad when you love what you do but need to look elsewhere for a job because the salary just isn’t cutting it. Also, there are high expectations so you must love what you do to survive there!
Stressful environment but rewarding in the end
Program Aide (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 18, 2018
Working for Kennedy Krieger was very stressful and sometimes cause me to rethink my job course, but in the end, the job was rewarding and the staff was the best of the best. I couldn't get much better than the amazing staff I worked with.
Pros
Staff, benefits
Great place to Work, with incredible people
Behavior Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 9, 2018
This is incredible place to work. The people are amazing and kind and always willing to mentor or assist a coworker. The culture was dynamic and collaborative.
A great company difficult management.
Care Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 8, 2018
The company on a macro level was amazing but in my personal department, I would not recommend it to anyone. It feels like there is no job advancement and it is so catty.
Clinical Specialist
Clinical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 3, 2018
One of the best facilities in the country for providing quality behavior analytic services to patients who engage in severe problem behavior that cannot be managed in the community.
Don't work in Care Management. Disorganized, unprofessional.
Patient Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 19, 2017
The Care Management Office, where thousands of new patients are registered each week, is THE WORST. Stressful, cut-throat and very unprofessional due to the leaders (or lack of) in the department. A terrible place. The management mentality is to divide and conquer, it's like going to work in a sweat shop each day. No one talks - looks like a bunch of zombies walking around the office. Everyone back stabs to please the Director so they can survive. Never worked anywhere like it. High turnover. Executive leadership is all talk and done nothing about it.
Pros
Stable organization.
Cons
Very controlling, like working in Ebenezer Scrooge's office. A fearful environment.
Clinical Assistant in the NBU
Clinical Assistant / Neurobehavioral Unit (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 18, 2017
It's been several years since I last worked there but it was a very fast pace environment. This job isn't for everything but it is a true mental test to see what you've got. Your patients are the worst of the worst from the entire world but that's exactly they come to KKI NBU.
Great company culture, poor compensation
Payroll Analyst (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 27, 2017
Kennedy Krieger is a very supportive place to work. The management takes an interest in your career development. KKI's benefits are excellent, however the compensation is not competitive.
Pros
Supportive work environment
Cons
Compensation
Great work environment with great benefits!
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 25, 2017
KKI is a great place to work if you are interested in working with any type if population with special needs. The benefits are awesome! Take advantage of 100% ruition reimbursement and 401k match. The hours are reasonabke, and there are many opportunities tonget involved outside ofnthe workplace.
Fun place to work with children
Clinical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 21, 2017
I learned how to effective work with a team team and the importance of following protocols. Great manager who was very understanding. Exposed me to a variety of cultures and ethnic groups within patients as well as employees. Hardest thing about this job was having to be available to be called in or face termination if not accepted.
Pros
Paid tution
Cons
Scheduling system

Want to know more about Kennedy Krieger Institute?

Ask a question
Great experience opening this Autism Center
Administrative Coordinator Outpatient Psychiatry (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MarylandNovember 20, 2017
I was directly involved in the opening of this new concept of an Autism Center during a time when autism was not a well diagnosed and treated illness. I was allowed to project P&L statements and also work with physical Center layout.
Pros
Developed talent for projecting P&L.
Cons
Staffing new center was a challenge because of the location of the Center.
Fun place to work
Unit Clerk I (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 7, 2017
The company and staff focuses on the patient's well. The patient's well being is always first. The staff get to make crafts to keep the families smiling.
Stressful place to work but great for patient care hours
Clinical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 27, 2017
KKI is a great place to work for someone who is trying to get patient care hours for graduate school. However it is very stressful and can cause anxiety due to the aggressions of the patients.
Pros
Paid break
Cons
Stressful
Good learning experience
Program Aide (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 25, 2017
I was an assistant in the classroom. We had regular school hours and spent the entire day making the lives easier for the children. It was very fulfilling, and I learned a lot about different childhood disabilities
It wasn't as expected unfortunately.
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 20, 2017
The people were nice, but it was very long hours, management wasn't appreciative and was set in their ways even with outdated systems and processes. Fine for a job, but very high turnover and not a long term career.
KKI is okay. Some departments are better than others
Staff of Recreation (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 9, 2017
Kennedy Krieger as a company is not bad. However there are some departments that are worse than others. Started off as a Clinical Assistant on the NBU. It's hard work and not great pay but the experience is second to none. Favoritism was obvious on that unit. Management could have been better but it was not bad. Then there was the feeding unit. The feeding unit was not well managed. There were expectations from management that front line staff were unaware of. People are on pins and needles all the time. There is no empathy from managment whatsoever. It could be better if management were trained in cultural sensitivity, favoritism in the workplace and seminars on how to be a good manager/supervisor.
Pros
benefits, tuition assiatance
Cons
poor management
transition
Administrator, Behavioral Psychology (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 6, 2017
Big changes are facing the health care industry and agile management is required to capitalize on them. KKI needs to revamp the senior management team and while such changes are pending, there will be a rough transition period ahead.
Great Job For new graduates
Childcare Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 13, 2017
Great place to work. I want to advance in my career. The schedules are flexible. The location has been a bit of a challenge and overload due to staff changes. I enjoy working with the children and meeting their needs, however I would like to become a child and family advocate.
Very Stressful
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 13, 2017
I love this job and working with the children> I got hurt on the job and really had to fight for medical help and getting paid while i couldn't work.I lost everything
Pros
Great Learning Experience
Cons
Not a fair environment
Care Team Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 12, 2017
Kennedy Krieger has great benefits and provides a secure work environment. You will have the opportunity to grow and advance if you have the right manager/supervisor.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kennedy Krieger Institute. Our community is ready to answer.

Kennedy Krieger Institute Reviews by Location