Kennesaw State University

Kennesaw State University Employer Reviews

MSIPM GRA Center for Conflict Management (Current Employee), Kennesaw, GANovember 28, 2014
Environment provided ability to innovate and participate in other campus projects.
Challenging workplace with room to grow
Administrative Specialist IV/ Transfer Evaluator (Current Employee), Kennesaw, GANovember 24, 2014
I love working for Kennesaw State. I'm only leaving because I'm moving to another city. Every office I've worked for, and boss I've worked under, while here has been fantastic. Coworkers and supervisors have been mostly pleasant to work with, benefits are decent, work is steady, and...two weeks off at the holidays! You can't beat that.
Casual work on campus between classes
Attendant-Work Study Program (Former Employee), Kennesaw, GANovember 19, 2014
Pros: low stress environment, friendly co-workers, can watch tv while we worked
Cons: low hours, low compensation
-typical day includes sitting either at the front desk checking students in, or else in one of the workout areas monitoring the gym floor
-what parts of the body most of the workout equipment was for
-management was laid back and nice while being productive
-co-workers were fellow students, so they were nice and we could talk about classes we've taken – more... together
-hardest part of the job was that there was little to do
-most enjoyable part was that the job is relaxing and very low stress – less
Micro-Managed to the core
Occupational Safety Mgr. (Former Employee), Kennesaw, GAOctober 1, 2014
Pros: great working hours, ....at the point of boring
Cons: way too much of trying to hide safety hazards.
My first "State" job, and it was everything my peers told me it would be.
Was coached within my first week; "slow down there young man, it will take time to be come institutionalized, but then you'll find it good to work here.
Found that senior department heads did not really want safety, but lots of programs on paper.
Kennesaw State University
Institute for Global Initiatives Student Assistant (Former Employee), Kennesaw, GASeptember 16, 2014
The nature of what the job entails really depends on the department in which you work. I was fortunate enough to work in a department where everyone was a team player. This job really showed me how even the smallest of positions matter to the people of the company.
Productive and Excellent cooperative culture
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), KennesawSeptember 6, 2014
I learned to:

-Outread pontencial clients
-Develop marketing and communication campaigns
Ok place to work
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Kennesaw, GASeptember 4, 2014
Being a GRA is not hardwork, I researched journals and articles to be used for a research paper. I liked the campus environment.
hard place to advance work ethics of some are non existent!!!
employee (Current Employee), GeorgiaAugust 27, 2014
Cons: lack of pay
dealing with people that don't know there job, and asking for items they don't need. spending money like water cause its not theirs
Community environment with academic and professional development opportunities.
Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Kennesaw, GAAugust 13, 2014
Pros: employee tuition remission program
Cons: comparably low pay rates within university system of georgia
Daily student affairs activity. I've learned to manage time and resources with better efficiency. Management encourages personal and professional development. Co-workers are supportive and collaborative. Hardest part is changes in staffing in financial procurement department, which presents inconsistencies in policies and procedures with account and – more... contract reconciliation process. Limited financial resources available for capital improvements and equipment replacement. Interactions with students and staff in the facilitation of recruitment, progression, retention and graduation of students is the most enjoyable part of this job. – less
Training, Safety, and Family Oriented.
Police Officer (Former Employee), Kennesaw, GeorgiaAugust 8, 2014
Pros: great benefits such as heathcare, flex hours and every other three-day weekend off.
Cons: 12 hour shifts
The work day at Kennesaw State University was rarely "typical." There was always something going on with the students, staff and/or visitors be it a social event, marathon or student protest. I learned to take everything in stride and to keep a very level head in the face of a crisis and how to deal with anything from traffic accidents and to investigations. – more... The management was very staff oriented and always ensured that we had the proper equipment to work with, good advice when needed, as well as a helping hand when issues arose. My co-workers were more like an extended family. Everyone took an interest in what was going on with one another and we were very close-knit. We had very rigorous training every 2-3 months and although we were State certified police officers, we participated in training on a regular basis. We were very proficient and the training taught us to look out for one another.

The hardest part of my job was having to explain to a parent why his or her son or daughter had been arrest or overdosed. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the students while on bike patrol and through giving safety classes.

Overall, my experience working for Kennesaw State University was probably the best job I ever had. – less
Interesting work enivronment/never a dull moment!
Director, Central Receiving & Distribution (Current Employee), Kennesaw, GAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: work
Cons: work
Possibilities are endless if recognized! Unique and interesting work place. Future is bright, but only if the vision catches on across the organization.
Very exciting, but no life outside of work
Director of Facility & Event Operations (Current Employee), Kennesaw, GAJuly 21, 2014
Pros: excitement & benefits
Cons: no time off
Its very exciting at KSU, but with a growing family I have zero time at home. On several occasions I have worked 29 hour days for events. And rarely do I have a weekend off. I was originally hired for facility operations, which is my passion. But didn't realize I would be doing event operations as well. Although, I am very good at event operations, – more... I just don't care for working 29 hour days and majority of weekends. Its also very difficult managing a facility and doing event operations all on your own. I have some part time staff, but need at least three more people to manage the work load. However, I make the most of the situation. I use it as an opportunity to learn as much as I can while I am there. Having the opportunity to learn and create something that doesn't exist is very exciting. I am an entrepreneur at heart, so I really enjoy starting new ideas. I have nothing negative to say about this employer. At the end of the day I just desire more time at home. – less
Kennesaw State University PD
Security Officer (Current Employee), Kennesaw, GAJuly 8, 2014
Pros: great benefits and stability
Kennesaw State University Public Safety Department is a very family oriented department . We provide public service to the faculty, staff, the students, and surrounding communities. As a crime prevention officer I patrol the campus, provide service to those within the community, assist those in trouble or need, secure the buildings and provide assistance – more... to police officers when needed. – less
Good place to get experience
Electrical Technician II (Current Employee), Kennesaw, GAMay 30, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: low pay
Great place to get commercial experience and working in different setting.
Working with students is always a pleasure
Office Manger (Former Employee), Kennesaw GAMay 27, 2014
I enjoyed working here for the time I was there. There are a lot of politics that go along with the job but once you get past that it can be great.
Dedicated, Team Player and Focus
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Kennesaw, GAMay 5, 2014
 Quantitative and qualitative research professional with more than 20 years’ experience as a statistical researcher and analyst in small business development and program evaluation to improve the effectiveness of government contracting to minorities and small businesses. Training and experience in public health research applying appropriate statistical – more... tools.
 Ability to manage multi-disciplinary research project, including but not limited to statistics, Biostatistics, economic and financial data analysis. Highly effective in working and communicating with a wide range of stakeholders, including organizational leaders, policy makers, researchers and program staff.
 Conducted numerous statistical, economic and financial studies with results leading to program formulation for public and private entities. Capacity to work on multiple projects, very effectively under pressure and ability to meet deadlines for time sensitive projects. Work effectively and efficiently in a multicultural environment. – less
Job in college.
Student Assistant Graduate Business Programs (Former Employee), KennesawMay 1, 2014
Student assistant. Nothing special about it. Great work / life balance, but I guess that's true for all student assistant or college jobs.
Productive workplace
Senior Analyst (Current Employee), Kennesaw, GAApril 30, 2014
Great company to work for. I enjoyed the experience at the Bank.
Enjoyable work environment
Sports Marketing Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Kennesaw, GAMarch 31, 2014
Staff enjoys working together. Opportunity to learn quickly and gain hands on experience.
Good environment
Computer Science Student Assistant, Tutor (Current Employee), Kennesaw, GAMarch 26, 2014
Pros: study while working. keeps what i've learned up-to-date.
Cons: hours are limited.
As a student, there were hours in between classes. The job is flexible to add some work hours during study time.

1 2 3 4