Kennesaw State University Employee Reviews

A great place to work with students.
Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GANovember 21, 2016
Kennesaw State University as a whole works tirelessly to ensure that students have all they to succeed in their current environment. The university policies a constructed such that they are easy to understand and maneuver.
Was able to apply the programming concepts in developing real-time projects
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 10, 2016
As a research assistant , it was a different experience altogether in balancing work and studies.I have gained deeper in-sights in applying the skills I previously posses.The most enjoyable part of my job being that I was able to enhance my skills and learn new technologies. The professors I worked with were motivating and encouraging me to always raise my bars and to push my achievements to the next level.
Work day In Kennesaw
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GANovember 8, 2016
It was a wonderful experience working at Kennesaw State University. Alot to learn and place to bring in a culture which was always respected and appreciated.
Pros
Free Lunch when there is a conference
Cons
Some time Air condition can freeze you
Great and Comfortable work environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 13, 2016
Working at KSU has been a great experience to me. I have learned how to get involved with teams and work together to get things done. Working on Researches has taught me hot to dig for data and analyze it for research purposes. I have also got the chance to teach and be a lab assistant to help students get their assignments and work done correctly. I have been involved in many different events by coordinating, setting up, and organizing them.
Fun!
Peer Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAAugust 31, 2016
The job was relatively easy. We only had to assist the younger students when it came to the lab experiments and ensure they were following the lab safety procedures. There were plans that they insisted we write up but it was done away with at the last minute. For those three to four weeks each day was different. The kids started to enjoy it after the first day, since they didn't really know what they were getting into.
Pros
Free lunch and an abundance of food for the kids and volunteers
Cons
Nothing really
Great People and fun job!
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAAugust 16, 2016
Worked here while I finished school and it was a rewarding experience. Met a lot of good people that were always accommodating when school was involved. Great stepping stone in my life.
Pros
Flexible hours & great coworkers
Cons
Pay was set at minimum wage and less than 20 hours a week. Not a great job if you have bills to pay.
Productive and a lot of Networking
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJuly 19, 2016
I loved the atmosphere and the networking that I was able to accomplish. I would had loved to work here longer because It got me involved in all aspects of the Campus
Pros
Networking
Cons
Security
Fantastic people. Better students
Tutor students (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJuly 12, 2016
In the average day I spent time with multiple students talking to them and helping push them to overcome difficult areas of study. I also worked with other tutors in the facility collaborating with them to manage large groups of students. My manager was both organized and well prepared with scheduling and providing personal time off.
The hardest aspect of the job came down to time management. When experiencing high volumes of students, being able to provide adequate help for everyone could become quite cumbersome. This was certainly hard to deal with
However, when people fully were able to understand and explain topics after a session, it was extremely gratifying and this is what I enjoyed most
Pros
Great people, well paying
Cons
Slow hours could drag on
excellent job
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJuly 10, 2016
The staff is great and helpful. I loved working here because I felt important and my schooling was important to them. Management was very understanding and my job was secured.
Pros
get to study when it was slow
Cons
no cons
KSU is a great place to work
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJuly 1, 2016
KSU is a great place to work. There have been some major changes recently so it will be interesting to see where the new leadership brings the University.
Pros
never a dull moment
Cons
never a dull moment
Student Assistant
Student Development/Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJune 24, 2016
I interact with many different people throughout the day and I am honored to be working and attending such a prominent university.
Professional atmosphere, surrounded by co-workers who are more than happy to help you.
Service Desk Student Assistant - UITS (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJune 21, 2016
I have acquired so many skills just having this job like virus removals to troubleshooting issues for professors with their gradebooks. The co-workers are amazing and the supervisors are always there when you need them. I will say the hardest part of the service desk position is constant multitasking including answering emails and phone calls simultaneously, but the upside it that I've only gotten exceptional at it.
Was a wonderful experience
Summer Bridge Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJune 18, 2016
Was a great experience, enjoyed working with the professor. I learnt with a group of 3 learning about NoSQL. It's very tough, a lot of reading and research about auditing logs.
Productive and fun place
Research Assistant, Professor Michael Stollenz (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJune 9, 2016
The working environment is awesome. The people are very good and inspiring. Have a very positive experience working at this place.
Excellent school to do outside projects with
Marketing Consulting (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMay 31, 2016
Internal marketing projects, and the community outreach in other projects in the business college is fantastic, and provides abundant opportunities for any business major.
Working to become better teachers.
Mathematics Design Collaborative (Former Employee) –  Marietta and Kennesaw, GA.May 25, 2016
It was a privilege working with the professors at Kennesaw State University. We meet only once a month and worked out only one problem in each session. This allowed us to focus on breaking the problem down and attacking it from all angles. This helped me become a better more effective teacher.
Fun place to work
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMay 19, 2016
Benefits include early registration, flexible hours, and easy-going, reliable management. Cons include limited hours, no pay raises or opportunity for advancement. student assistants do not receive any kind of benefits/health coverage because these positions are only ever part-time. Experience in exercise testing.
Pros
Pleasant environment and experience in exercise testing
Cons
Limited hours, no raises or promotions
Great place for continuing education.
Student of Operations and Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta North, GAMay 12, 2016
I'm attending Facilities Maintenance management courses and Gerontology. It is a good education at a fair price. They offer Financial aid through WIOA, and student loans through Fannie Mae and Wells Fargo.
Okay University. Everyone who I worked with is easy to work with.
SMART Center Tutor (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 10, 2016
The best thing about the University is working with the students. We are passionate about whatever we do and put 100% into whatever we do.
It was a pretty decent place
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMay 10, 2016
I worked there for a few years while completing my undergraduate studies. Nothing exceptional but nothing to complain about.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kennesaw State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2