Kennesaw State University Employee Reviews

N/a
Professional Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 12, 2017
The advancement can be great for some. The institution allows a minimum of six months' employment before one can apply for another position at the University.
Supportive
Genetic Laboratory Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GASeptember 11, 2017
Supportive learning environment. Small community focused learning for one-on-one learning. Chance to take on responsibility and fully launch skills in research. From design, implementation, development great university!
good environment
Strategic Marketing/ Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GASeptember 11, 2017
It depends on which department you work for. Each school has its own uniqueness on operation and cultural behaviors. You will have to make your own judgment.
Ksu
Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GASeptember 7, 2017
A great place to work. I am just ready to not be in law enforcement anymore. I have been a cop for 12 years and I am ready to move on and have a safer job for my family.
Pros
great place
Cons
dealing with college kids
Good
Building Representative (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAAugust 22, 2017
This was a pretty good gig while living there, did not pay much but had its perks. Didn't do a whole lot of work, just put it on my resume cuz it looked good
Good pay but alot of work
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAAugust 15, 2017
only 15 min break was not enough. Job started at 9:30 pm ended at 5 in the morning. nigh shift was hard and the work was alot............................
School
Undergraduate Researcher (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 13, 2017
Courses are great place to learn the needed skills. The offices are lacking in departmental communication. This issue of communication delays the entire school and the persons involved.
Productive with a lot of learning experience and flexible schedules
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 13, 2017
I learned a lot while working as a teaching assistant in Kennesaw State University. The Instructors are good and make sure that the work we do is up to the mark.
Great place
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJuly 17, 2017
It was one of my first jobs as a young person. My boss was really nice. Enjoyed management. Loved the environment that is why I am getting my degree in Criminal Justice now.
Pros
nice people
Great Place for Research
researcher (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJuly 3, 2017
Great place for research allows researcher an opportunity to learn the material, methods, and techniques in projects. A typical day at work researcher will gain an insight on the job requirement.
Pros
Learning
Productive and Educational Experience
Volunteer Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kennessaw, GeorgiaJune 22, 2017
I aided in creating and submitting drafts of the research project to IRB for approval, provided revisions to script and attended weekly in-person meetings with the research professor.
Pros
Research experience
Relaxed work environment
Accounting Proffesional- General ledger 1 (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJune 21, 2017
Worked with some really great employees, Enjoyed the Monday-Friday hours, very relaxing setting. Have plenty of time to get workload done. Didn't quite feel like I had enough training to accomplish all my duties.
Pros
Monday-Friday hours, paid time off, all holidays off
Cons
Not enough training, alot of down time
Cool place to work if money isn't your goal
UITS Student Engineer (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 18, 2017
KSUs IT help desk at the Marietta campus is a really cool place to work with a very relaxed atmosphere. The Managers are amazing and easy to converse with. However, the pay is not impressive so if you are a college student looking to make more than minimum wage I suggest a different job. I was able to learn a lot of neat troubleshooting skills and got to work with different Operating Systems like Mac OS and Linux. Overall, my experience at UITS was very positive.
Pros
Friendly environment, homework during down time, set your own schedule
Cons
Low pay, work holidays
Fulfilling job.
Head Strength and Conditioning Coach (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJune 15, 2017
Great job to work with Division I athletes and coach them and see them improve. Some management is more focused on self promotion and image than advancing the athletic department and athletes. But, a great place to work, great athletes and sports, great facilities and environment.
Standard workplace
Decision Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJune 14, 2017
-Pretty standard place to work, a relaxed environment.
-I learned that it is difficult to move up
-Management is hit or miss
-The hardest part about the job is the compensatio
Visiting Professor
Part-Time Faculty (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GA 30144June 10, 2017
I taught one class at KSU. The people were great to work with, and the students largely were bright and motivated. I do not think the compensation is adequate, and I know that KSU hires multiple part-time professors instead of full-time faculty, probably in an effort to keep costs down. While it was an excellent experience for me, I wouldn't recommend it for someone who does not simply love to teach and want to have that opportunity.
Family Oriented and Close Community
staff (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJune 8, 2017
Kennesaw State University is a family oriented work culture with a close community of dedicated staff and faculty. It is located in a beautiful suburb outside of Atlanta, Ga.
Pros
Close Community
Cons
Lower salaries as compared to industry standards
Student and Professors are a great mix in the gym
Wellness Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJune 5, 2017
Kennesaw State University provides fitness professionals and facilities to enhance the overall health and well being of the employees of the University.
Working as the Wellness Coordinator for Employees was an open idea job. Instilling a positive approach to fitness with new innovative ideas fitness and nutrition is rewarding.
Introducing new and old exercise programing is exciting and welcome.
Pros
Work out at work
Great Job for Student
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMay 31, 2017
The position of Student Assistant is the perfect job for a current student. The hours or flexible and overall a very stress free work environment was had.
Info desk
Student Assistant - Student Life Information Desk (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 26, 2017
It was nice to get to learn more about the campus by working at the student life information desk. In a way, you represent the school to whoever comes in and asks for help. Our professionalism was important to reflect the values of Kennesaw State University. We would work in pairs at the desk and I enjoyed working with students from different cultures.