Kennesaw State University

Kennesaw State University Employer Reviews

Training, Safety, and Family Oriented.
Police Officer (Former Employee), Kennesaw, GeorgiaAugust 8, 2014
Pros: great benefits such as heathcare, flex hours and every other three-day weekend off.
Cons: 12 hour shifts
The work day at Kennesaw State University was rarely "typical." There was always something going on with the students, staff and/or visitors be it a social event, marathon or student protest. I learned to take everything in stride and to keep a very level head in the face of a crisis and how to deal with anything from traffic accidents and to investigations. – more... The management was very staff oriented and always ensured that we had the proper equipment to work with, good advice when needed, as well as a helping hand when issues arose. My co-workers were more like an extended family. Everyone took an interest in what was going on with one another and we were very close-knit. We had very rigorous training every 2-3 months and although we were State certified police officers, we participated in training on a regular basis. We were very proficient and the training taught us to look out for one another.

The hardest part of my job was having to explain to a parent why his or her son or daughter had been arrest or overdosed. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the students while on bike patrol and through giving safety classes.

Overall, my experience working for Kennesaw State University was probably the best job I ever had. – less
Interesting work enivronment/never a dull moment!
Director, Central Receiving & Distribution (Current Employee), Kennesaw, GAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: work
Cons: work
Possibilities are endless if recognized! Unique and interesting work place. Future is bright, but only if the vision catches on across the organization.
Very exciting, but no life outside of work
Director of Facility & Event Operations (Current Employee), Kennesaw, GAJuly 21, 2014
Pros: excitement & benefits
Cons: no time off
Its very exciting at KSU, but with a growing family I have zero time at home. On several occasions I have worked 29 hour days for events. And rarely do I have a weekend off. I was originally hired for facility operations, which is my passion. But didn't realize I would be doing event operations as well. Although, I am very good at event operations, – more... I just don't care for working 29 hour days and majority of weekends. Its also very difficult managing a facility and doing event operations all on your own. I have some part time staff, but need at least three more people to manage the work load. However, I make the most of the situation. I use it as an opportunity to learn as much as I can while I am there. Having the opportunity to learn and create something that doesn't exist is very exciting. I am an entrepreneur at heart, so I really enjoy starting new ideas. I have nothing negative to say about this employer. At the end of the day I just desire more time at home. – less
Kennesaw State University PD
Security Officer (Current Employee), Kennesaw, GAJuly 8, 2014
Pros: great benefits and stability
Kennesaw State University Public Safety Department is a very family oriented department . We provide public service to the faculty, staff, the students, and surrounding communities. As a crime prevention officer I patrol the campus, provide service to those within the community, assist those in trouble or need, secure the buildings and provide assistance – more... to police officers when needed. – less
Good place to get experience
Electrical Technician II (Current Employee), Kennesaw, GAMay 30, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: low pay
Great place to get commercial experience and working in different setting.
Working with students is always a pleasure
Office Manger (Former Employee), Kennesaw GAMay 27, 2014
I enjoyed working here for the time I was there. There are a lot of politics that go along with the job but once you get past that it can be great.
Dedicated, Team Player and Focus
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Kennesaw, GAMay 5, 2014
 Quantitative and qualitative research professional with more than 20 years’ experience as a statistical researcher and analyst in small business development and program evaluation to improve the effectiveness of government contracting to minorities and small businesses. Training and experience in public health research applying appropriate statistical – more... tools.
 Ability to manage multi-disciplinary research project, including but not limited to statistics, Biostatistics, economic and financial data analysis. Highly effective in working and communicating with a wide range of stakeholders, including organizational leaders, policy makers, researchers and program staff.
 Conducted numerous statistical, economic and financial studies with results leading to program formulation for public and private entities. Capacity to work on multiple projects, very effectively under pressure and ability to meet deadlines for time sensitive projects. Work effectively and efficiently in a multicultural environment. – less
Job in college.
Student Assistant Graduate Business Programs (Former Employee), KennesawMay 1, 2014
Student assistant. Nothing special about it. Great work / life balance, but I guess that's true for all student assistant or college jobs.
Productive workplace
Senior Analyst (Current Employee), Kennesaw, GAApril 30, 2014
Great company to work for. I enjoyed the experience at the Bank.
Enjoyable work environment
Sports Marketing Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Kennesaw, GAMarch 31, 2014
Staff enjoys working together. Opportunity to learn quickly and gain hands on experience.
Good environment
Computer Science Student Assistant, Tutor (Current Employee), Kennesaw, GAMarch 26, 2014
Pros: study while working. keeps what i've learned up-to-date.
Cons: hours are limited.
As a student, there were hours in between classes. The job is flexible to add some work hours during study time.
A good learning experience
FINANCIAL AID ADVISOR (Former Employee), Kennesaw, GAMarch 25, 2014
As a work-study student during the time I spent gaining my undergraduate degree, I became a loan counselor to help students and families better understand and gain financial aid. I worked with groups face to face as well as over the phone.
Productive and pleasant workplace
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 14, 2014
Pros: lots of free food!
Cons: sudden change in management style caused disruptions
I learned a lot about Student Orientation and university procedures. My co-workers were all very helpful and friendly.
Working at kennesaw State University Health clinic
Famliy Nurse Practitioner (Full-time) (Current Employee), Kennesaw, GAMarch 12, 2014
Pros: work with diverse population
Cons: very inefficient top-level management
The kennesaw State University management team is unapproachable, short-sighted. They have wealth of human resource available on campus which could have helped manage their clinic very economically and pro-efficiently. But, they simply do not communicate with their bottom level employees! I enjoyed working with my patient population though. Never had – more... tough time dealing with any patient. – less
Growing, progressive university
Adjunct Professor of Communication (Current Employee), Kennesaw, GAMarch 11, 2014
Pros: still feels small
Cons: parking
I enjoy the Department of Communication colleagues and students. My strengths fit with the focus on teaching, service, and scholarship. Hardest part of job is balancing teaching and research. Most enjoyable part of job is teaching students.
The job was for a student
Peer Leader (Former Employee), Kennesaw, GAFebruary 12, 2014
It was a temporary position and was a great learning experience.
Wonderful Team and Environment
Stewardship Associate & Events Coordinator (Current Employee), Kennesaw, GAFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: great team, good benefits, decent hours, interesting and varied responsibilities
Cons: low pay
I am proud to put my writing skills to work for my alma mater, and I am very fortunate to be part of an amazing and cooperative team with a wonderful leader.
Productive and a fun place in which to work
Administrative Assistant IV (Former Employee), Kennesaw, GAFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: our department received free catered lunchs due to many conferences being held near my office.
Cons: missed school days meant we had to "catch up" and make up those lost days.
Time spent at Kennesaw State University registration department was valuable for me in terms of learning more about people in general and obtaining updated office skills, and making new friends. Also, in a college environment, staff are offered classes that enhance their ability to interact more professionally with students and the general public. A – more... typical day at work would begin by starting the day at the window in order to service the students and public who came by to sign up for or learn more about classes we offered. For staff, that would also involve answering the phones, processing refunds, transfers to different classes, aiding teachers with various requests, constructing teacher packets which included the roaster, evaluation forms, any pertinent message from the registration department. Handling large amounts of money in the form of checks, cash, credit cards meant that staff had to be diligent in accuracy in order for till to balance at end of work day. My coworkers were instrumental in maintaining an atmosphere of mostly calm in the mist of, and at times, a very busy, bustling office. The hardest part of the job was leaving for retirement because I knew I would miss the interaction of my coworkers and the students. The most enjoyable part of the job was sharing the excitement of the students being introduced to the unknown. Because I had to record student grades, I was able to kept up with their progress. It's very gratifying to watch a student go through many levels of their classes, obtain a degree or certification and make plans for a better future. That's what school is all about. Schools need administration assistants of all kinds. I was blessed to be a part of the registration department. – less
A great learning experience.
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Kennesaw, GAJanuary 16, 2014
Great people to work with. Lots to learn. Fun place to be. Always something new to learn everyday.
Graduate Teaching Assistant
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Kennesaw State UnviersityJanuary 12, 2014
I enjoyed my time teaching statistics. Teaching requires a strong commitment of time. This was my first experience at teaching so I learned as much or more as the students. My supervising Instructors/Mangers helped me tremendously. The hardest part of the job was motivating the students. The most enjoyable part was student success.

1 2 3 4