Kennestone Hospital Employee Reviews

great atmosphere
CSS Attendant/Rehab Transporter (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 24, 2017
Work was consistent and not hard to handle, Co-workers were courteous and respectful Daily learning activities kept interest.
Pros
security
Cons
uniform
Great clinical experience
Cardiac Center and IMCU Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GADecember 14, 2016
I go into the hospital to check-in, then make my way to the IMCU. I begin stocking the main medical cart, and then go from room to room restocking patient medical carts. For the rooms that are vacant, I will make sure they are prepped for new, incoming patients. If they are not, I will prepare the room. The management and other associates are all very nice, and enjoyable to work with. The hardest part of the job is see the misfortune in some of the terminally ill patients. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I made a difference in some of the patients' lives that I interact with, no matter how small the difference may be.
Pros
Free Lunches, friendly work environment, great medical field exposure
Cons
Tedious tasks, short shifts
Lowest Pay in area for Phlebotomy
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GADecember 5, 2016
Not enough diversity in the lab. Phlebotomists had pink hair, long nails, complain and gossip all the time. No team work. Unorganized an when being trained, everyone wants to be the boss. Not enough Indians. 14.48
Very fast paced work environment
Phlebotomist /Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 10, 2016
From start to finish process and collect blood specimens and make sure the machine ran accordingly. I enjoyed my position, yet most of the work load was on the ones who would work and not walk around as stat orders needed processing.
Pros
Was able to learn more about microbiology and use what I learned and studied in class.
Cons
Not enough staff to perform job.
Great staff and always learning
Care Partner (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 3, 2016
The staff is great here.I loved how everyone has each others back and the practice of team work here.your always learning new things.My only complaint is the pay as a care partner for all that is in the job description is definitely not nearly enough as I think they should be compensated.The health insurance isn't the best either.
Pros
Self scheduling, great staff, team work
Cons
Pay, health insurance
Terrible food service management
Chef (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 15, 2016
Was told that I was hired to become a sous chef. After performing this supervisor role for 5 weeks, I was notified without any reasoning that someone with less experience would be taking the job. Absolutely no communication between management and employees. They reward "snitches " versus people who work very hard. Should have known it was bad when other staff told me that managers flat out lie to you. Wasted 2 months of my culinary career.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Lying managers
Your job is what you make it
Unit Manager Renal-Med/Surg-Tele (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJuly 11, 2016
I appreciated the autonomy. Managers were asked to cover their unit 24/7. Often worked 16-hour shifts in staffing.
Patients were wonderful and supportive of the staff. I enjoyed the fast pace and high acuity.
Pros
Providers are excellent
Cons
Lack of support from administration
Histology
Histology technician (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAApril 25, 2016
Without a doubt the most unorganized, unprofessional, and careless department I've ever had the misfortune to work for. Management was clueless, abusive, manipulative, and fake. Words can not express how horrible this place was to work for. It is a shame that a few people have made this company and histology department so much worst then it had to be. You can't talk to management or even higher management because they truly don't care about their workers, no matter how much they pretend to care, because management was the main problem. Everyone knew, Doctors, staff, and even other departments have identified the problem, but yet no one has enough concern to speak up. Others are to fearful to lose their job. Their was no real training because the manager was never around enough to even know how to really run the lab. It was the few good employees that really ran the lab. When the manager was needed they would disappear or just go home. Even when I spoke to hr the manager just used lies to protect his own preservation. Some Co-workers would agree but when in front of management their story would change. I wouldn't recommend this job to even my worst enemy. It is sad that a few people have made a decent place more terrifying then all the circles of the inferno combined. I am even sorry that the good doctors are forced to have to deal with such a disguisting situation, I truly liked some of the doctors. Working In the histology department is not worth the time or the abuse. The family environment is one of dysfunction not true concern.
Pros
Nothing in that department.
Cons
Everything insurance very bad Management Untrustworthy
The hospital give a good vibe
Health Information Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 25, 2016
Kennerstone is a pleasant place to work with excellent benefits a place for growth. a place to retire a place to call home
Call center in the hospital
PBX Operator Wellstar (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 13, 2015
Most days you would answer about 1,000 calls transferring callers to where they needed to go within the hospital and outside the hospital. I learned a lot on the switch board, answering multi lines, and working with multiply screens.
Example: Productive and fun workplace with ping pong tablebusy days everyday with fun management learned about all the different departments, co worke
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 21, 2015
busy days everyday with fun management learned about all the different departments, co workers were like family hardest part was so much walking in a big facility enjoyed hearing patients personal stories
Pros
lots of room for growth
Cons
not really any cons
Excellent physicians and nurses in an loving environment.
Staff Nurse II (Former Employee) –  6 North, 7 North & RadiologySeptember 19, 2015
Typical days at Kennestone were very busy but always rewarding.
I learned so much from other nurses and from physicians. There
was always time for a little laughter. Many of my fellow nurses had a great sense of humor. The hardest part of my job was the volume of patients. I normally had a team of 18 patients which was tough
but I gave them all excellent nursing care. Management was always there when I needed them and they acknowledge my hard work.
Physicians were always complementary of my nursing standard of care.
Pros
Kind co-workers and supportive management and physicians.
Cons
Volume of patients.
Neurology Floor
Nurse Intern (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 19, 2015
Hard floor to work on. High turnover rate. The patients on this floor were majorly total care patients that came from nursing homes. Family members tried to do what they could to make loved ones transitioning from nursing home to hospital as smooth as possible
Easy going
Clinical Care Partner (Former Employee) –  Marietta GASeptember 18, 2015
I loved working at Kennestone. The pay was great and the food in the cafeteria didnt make me sick!! I also enjoyed the hospital wide raffels and activities they had for employees
benefits
Cons
12 hour shifts
Overall, this job provided an opportunity to extend my knowledge and sharpen my management skills.
Orthopedic Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 2, 2015
It is was an academic environment that provided opportunities to work with various medical professionals while increasing team morale.
Pros
Flexible work schedule and convenience to home
Cons
Not having many varied opportunities to advance
Run!!
RRT (Current Employee) –  MariettaApril 21, 2015
Terrible place to work. Management doesn't advocate for staff. Procedures and protocols are implemented with no staff education or employee knowledge. Because of the high turnover shifts run 4-10 people short consistently. Its acceptable to prioritize care and miss therapy because of shortage. Its very disorganized. The health insurance and benefits are horrible (Piedmont Wellstar Insurance). Although it holds both names you can only use the insurance where you are employed and only those physicians. The compensation is not competitive. No incentives are given for working overtime or any additional tasks taken on. While other disciplines in the hospital are given critical staffing pay, sign on bonuses, & pay increases.
Cons
Great environment to work in
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAApril 10, 2015
Patient to nurse interaction, Physical assessment, performing basic nursing skills (tracheostomy care etc), medication administration, patient education.
Co-workers are mostly pleasant and willing to teach novice nurses.
The hardest part of the clinical experience was physical assessment, but this gets better with practice. Working with people is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Culture has changed over last three years
STAFF NURSE (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAMarch 20, 2015
Culture has changed over last three years. Now it is the land of acquisitions. Not employee centered, but rather the goal is to look great on paper.
It was very unorganized
Pastry Chef (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 14, 2014
It was sometimes hard to coordinate was was needed with the chef I did make my famous breading pudding that customers looked for every friday
Great job and benefits
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Marietta GaAugust 12, 2014
I loved working there. great money and benefits. co workers were great and had a great manager.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
After I had a baby hours were difficult

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kennestone Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Kennestone Hospital Reviews by Location