Kennestone Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

The hospital give a good vibe
Health Information Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 25, 2016
Kennerstone is a pleasant place to work with excellent benefits a place for growth. a place to retire a place to call home
Excellent physicians and nurses in an loving environment.
Staff Nurse II (Former Employee) –  6 North, 7 North & RadiologySeptember 19, 2015
Typical days at Kennestone were very busy but always rewarding.
I learned so much from other nurses and from physicians. There
was always time for a little laughter. Many of my fellow nurses had a great sense of humor. The hardest part of my job was the volume of patients. I normally had a team of 18 patients which was tough
but I gave them all excellent nursing care. Management was always there when I needed them and they acknowledge my hard work.
Physicians were always complementary of my nursing standard of care.
Pros
Kind co-workers and supportive management and physicians.
Cons
Volume of patients.
Example: Productive and fun workplace with ping pong tablebusy days everyday with fun management learned about all the different departments, co worke
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 21, 2015
busy days everyday with fun management learned about all the different departments, co workers were like family hardest part was so much walking in a big facility enjoyed hearing patients personal stories
Pros
lots of room for growth
Cons
not really any cons
Call center in the hospital
PBX Operator Wellstar (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 13, 2015
Most days you would answer about 1,000 calls transferring callers to where they needed to go within the hospital and outside the hospital. I learned a lot on the switch board, answering multi lines, and working with multiply screens.
Neurology Floor
Nurse Intern (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 19, 2015
Hard floor to work on. High turnover rate. The patients on this floor were majorly total care patients that came from nursing homes. Family members tried to do what they could to make loved ones transitioning from nursing home to hospital as smooth as possible
Easy going
Clinical Care Partner (Former Employee) –  Marietta GASeptember 18, 2015
I loved working at Kennestone. The pay was great and the food in the cafeteria didnt make me sick!! I also enjoyed the hospital wide raffels and activities they had for employees
benefits
Cons
12 hour shifts
Overall, this job provided an opportunity to extend my knowledge and sharpen my management skills.
Orthopedic Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 2, 2015
It is was an academic environment that provided opportunities to work with various medical professionals while increasing team morale.
Pros
Flexible work schedule and convenience to home
Cons
Not having many varied opportunities to advance
Run!!
RRT (Current Employee) –  MariettaApril 21, 2015
Terrible place to work. Management doesn't advocate for staff. Procedures and protocols are implemented with no staff education or employee knowledge. Because of the high turnover shifts run 4-10 people short consistently. Its acceptable to prioritize care and miss therapy because of shortage. Its very disorganized. The health insurance and benefits are horrible (Piedmont Wellstar Insurance). Although it holds both names you can only use the insurance where you are employed and only those physicians. The compensation is not competitive. No incentives are given for working overtime or any additional tasks taken on. While other disciplines in the hospital are given critical staffing pay, sign on bonuses, & pay increases.
Cons
Great environment to work in
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAApril 10, 2015
Patient to nurse interaction, Physical assessment, performing basic nursing skills (tracheostomy care etc), medication administration, patient education.
Co-workers are mostly pleasant and willing to teach novice nurses.
The hardest part of the clinical experience was physical assessment, but this gets better with practice. Working with people is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Histology
Histology technician (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAApril 25, 2016
Without a doubt the most unorganized, unprofessional, and careless department I've ever had the misfortune to work for. Management was clueless, abusive, manipulative, and fake. Words can not express how horrible this place was to work for. It is a shame that a few people have made this company and histology department so much worst then it had to be. You can't talk to management or even higher management because they truly don't care about their workers, no matter how much they pretend to care, because management was the main problem. Everyone knew, Doctors, staff, and even other departments have identified the problem, but yet no one has enough concern to speak up. Others are to fearful to lose their job. Their was no real training because the manager was never around enough to even know how to really run the lab. It was the few good employees that really ran the lab. When the manager was needed they would disappear or just go home. Even when I spoke to hr the manager just used lies to protect his own preservation. Some Co-workers would agree but when in front of management their story would change. I wouldn't recommend this job to even my worst enemy. It is sad that a few people have made a decent place more terrifying then all the circles of the inferno combined. I am even sorry that the good doctors are forced to have to deal with such a disguisting situation, I truly liked some of the doctors. Working In the histology department is not worth the time or the abuse. The family environment is one of dysfunction not true concern.
Pros
Nothing in that department.
Cons
Everything insurance very bad Management Untrustworthy
No advancement/ Favoritism
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 14, 2014
I have worked here in the past. The workload was O.K. Many disgruntled employees. Lowest pay of my career. Overall it was a good place to work if you enjoy transactional leadership. For those seeking career advancement, Wellstar is not the place. If you are a single family provider, higher pay is a few miles away.
Pros
healthy living benefits at a reasonable rate
Cons
no advancement opportunity
My first phlebotomy job! Enrolled in a phlebotomy course offered through their education department and have been a phlebotomist ever since.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAOctober 4, 2013
As a new phlebotomist, Kennestone Hospital offered my the opportunity to build confidence, technique and become adept at interacting with patients. I learned how a lab operates, how each lab employee contributed to the process of diagnostic care.
Pros
very well organized phlebotomy department
Cons
i have to admit it was working third shift.
Wonderful place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Inpatient Rehab UnitAugust 5, 2014
I was a PRN nurse on a Inpatient rehab floor. When I started I was on nights. At night we would pass medications, give baths and prep pt for bed. During the night we would complete 24 hours chart checkes, completed our FIM assessments and paperwork. Towards the end of my time at Kennestone I worked day shifts. On days you pass medications and help pt's stick to their assigned OT, PT, and ST therapy times. Plus on day shift the nursing staff participate in team meetings. At these meetings we would discuss upcoming discharges and what they would need after leaving us. Working on the IRU floor took sometime to get use to, lots of new words to learn and ways to move patients. I really miss working with the staff. A few of us still hang out outside of work. Overall it was a great place to work. I am now looking forward to returning to my passion. The elderly population is my ulimate favorite.
Culture has changed over last three years
STAFF NURSE (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAMarch 20, 2015
Culture has changed over last three years. Now it is the land of acquisitions. Not employee centered, but rather the goal is to look great on paper.
Extremely busy place to work
CT Technologist Full time (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 20, 2012
There is no loyalty to employees and advance opportunity is non-existant. Favoritism plays a major role in management decisions not what you can offer the company or what you have done for the company or the department.
Pros
close to home
Cons
bad management, poor staff for busy hospital, favoritism
productive work envornment
Liaison (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 27, 2014
I work 3 days a week 12 hour shifts, work with different physicians gave me a great experience on a broad rang of knowledge in the medical field. Seeing critically ill patients on a daily bases was the most difficult part of the job.
Pros
a lot of employee benefits
Cons
w
Fun place to work, had ping pong table
Treatment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GADecember 28, 2013
Very professional but fun. Patients walked in disfunctional but walked out functional. Very focused staff. I was happy to be counted as a member of this group.
Pros
great staff and job satisfaction
Cons
low pay
It was very unorganized
Pastry Chef (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 14, 2014
It was sometimes hard to coordinate was was needed with the chef I did make my famous breading pudding that customers looked for every friday
Both positions that I work at KH was very good.
Financial Couns & Cashier / Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 5, 2012
Main Street 16- A typical day at KH was busy, but a joy to work in a ofc where the flow was calm with no unnec.presser to add to your day.
Great job and benefits
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Marietta GaAugust 12, 2014
I loved working there. great money and benefits. co workers were great and had a great manager.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
after i had a baby hours were difficult

Kennestone Hospital Reviews by Location