Kennewick General Hospital

Kennewick General Hospital Employer Reviews

fun place to work
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee), Kennewick, WADecember 4, 2013
fun loving people, great place to work.
I loved it & wish they could have moved with me.
Productive and fun workplace, workers are very friendly.
Volunteer, KGH Sport Physicals (Current Employee), Kennewick, WASeptember 11, 2013
Pros: friendly co-workers.
When I volunteered it was fun. I learned how to handle costumers and give out company information. The co-workers were very friendly.
Dietary
Patient Chef (Current Employee), Kennewick WAAugust 4, 2013
Our job is pretty straight forward, dependent on the doctors orders for the patient we fallow what the individual may or may not have. At times it can be frustrating for a patient to not receive exactly what they are craving, we do our best to accommodate there needs however we can in these guidelines.
Kennewick General has been incredibly flexible – more... with my school schedule, which changes drastically every three months. There were times where I was able to be rehired on with more benefits at these times when I was available. I am so thankful and grateful management has been so kind to me in this regard. – less
Fun, never boring, exciting atmosphere
Patient Registration Representative (Current Employee), Kennewick, WAJune 17, 2013
I perform bedside registrations in the ED obtaining and verifying insurance information, and obtaining current demographics. I register inpatient and outpatient patients in the family birthing center and then perform bedside registration in the family birthing center. Perform registration for direct admit with proper order of the house supervisor. Pre-register – more... all ambulances, and emergency room department patient by obtaining the name, date of birth and reason for their visit. I give the triage nurse their information, all prior to their full registration at bedside. I perform registration for outpatient diagnostic imaging patients. Act as greeter, and help friends and family find their way to patients. Switchboard when needed, transferring calls to the appropriate departments. – less
Its a job
Distribution/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), kennewick, WAMay 3, 2013
Pros: great staff, fun job
Cons: management taking action
I enjoyed this company they have a great staff. Management didn't handle employee situations very well witch led to disagreements, such as vacations, and holding employees responsible for their actions.
excellent pay, values not staff centered.
ER RN (Former Employee), Kennewick, WAJanuary 10, 2013
Cons: customer is always right.
Customer is ALWAYS right, to the detriment of staff, no matter how unreasonable the patient was in their requests. CEO likes to golf ALOT. Bad blood between KGH and Kadlec, very stressful. Building new facility after many challenges. Had good family environment with most co workers.
learned a lot
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Kennewick, WADecember 12, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: a lot of gossip
i learned a lot and obtained good experience. there was a lot of politics and gossip but i did make good friends

December 20, 2012

LOVE THE PATIENTS AND JOB :) HOWEVER THE MANAGEMENT NEEDS WORK. II HAVE NEVER WORKED FOR A COMPANY THE IS BASED ALL POLITICS, THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE EMPLOYEESS :( IM NOT THE FIRST TO SAY THIS ABOUT MANAGEMENT AND HR THEY KEEP THE EMPLOYEES THAT BROWN NOSE, SUCK UP, LIE, GOSSIP, BACK STAB AND CANT DO THERE JOBS. THEY NEED TO TAKE A HARD LOOK AND THE MANAGEMENT AT THE PHYSICANS CLINIC! THE EMPLOYEES THAT SUFFER ARE THE "GOOD ONES" EXAMPLE, TOOK A LEAVE OF ABSENCE CAME BACK AND I HAVE BEEN WRITTEN UP 4 TIMES. ALL JUST BEACAUSE I "WHISLE BLOWED" ON THE OFFICE I WORKED IN, SO NOW IM A TARGET. IM HARRASED DAILY BY CO-WORKERS AND MANAGER FOR THE CLINIC. AND ALSO DONT BOTHER TAKING IT TO THE HR DEPT, NO ONE IS ON YOUR SIDE AS AN EMPLOYEE!!!!! PRETTY SURE THAT IT AGAINST OUR RIGHTS!! SO TAKING IT TO THE "STATE"

Great learning environment
per diem ER nurse (Former Employee), Kennewick, WAOctober 12, 2012
Pros: home town treatment, excellent nurses.
Cons: needs upgrade of aging facility.
Needs overhaul of management from top down. Finances are poorly allocated while the physical plant is falling apart. Deals made for insurance companies and liabilities are held above patient care, the staff are tired and overworked, moral is stressed and rarely enthusiastic. Despite this, the team is fiercely loyal and enjoy their time there.
Good first job
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), United StatesAugust 5, 2012
Good experiance because you can learn a lot. Wages are not competitive.
gained valuable experience
shadowed and aided doctors (Former Employee), kennewick waMarch 8, 2012
Pros: gained experience
Shadowing and working with these doctors was very nice and i gained valuable experience. although I did not shadow them long the time that i did was very eye opening. i learned much about the body and how it functions, also how it heals and what to do to aid the body in its healing process.
overall great place to work
General Sonographer (Former Employee), Kennewick, WA 993366November 22, 2011
Fast paced environment. Excellent place to see all aspects of the field. People are very helpful and friendly. You get to see something new everyday. Thoroughly enjoyed the patients and the satifaction of knowing that you helped save someone's life.