Kenney Manufacturing Company Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Exciting and everchanging
Global Sourcing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIJanuary 23, 2017
While working at Kenney Mfg., my job responsibilities included communicating directing with China/India vendors to negotiate pricing on open project items, as well as working closely with all internal departments.

I learned a lot about product specifications, Supply Chain Management, the roles and tasks necessary for having a product idea envisioned from Sales to having it become an actual prototype in-hand.

I worked for a wonderful Manager who provided me with all the support I needed and was eager to allow growth as a Buyer and the opportunity to travel.

The hardest obstacle about this position is maintaining a schedule which many other internal departments depended on to relay dates to customers. This included constantly following up on confirmed vendor dates and tracking packages being sent from overseas. Also, information coming out of the Sourcing Department needed to be absolutely correct regarding pricing and price comparisons from bidding parties.

I enjoyed working with my team at Kenney Mfg. at our RI office, as well as working closely with the office located in China, who provided great support. The challenges were always different day to day, which made each day interesting and a constant learning experience.
Management needs to get their act together
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIApril 4, 2015
I was hired via a staffing agency. Kenney Manufacturing knew I had no warehouse experience but hired me. They fired me after barely a week because I didn't meet their apparently high expectations.

They said my orders weren't being done fast enough but my supervisor said that's be normal at first. They showed me how to do 3 types of orders. I literally only did one of them on a second day and did the other two on only one day.

They didn't warn me my job was on the line. No ultimatum. No nothing. My supervisor even spoke to me as if I had time, literally telling me about how long before I could be a permanent hire; on my last day he assured me that I'd remain an employee if the guy I replaced came back from an injury.

I went to my agency on a Friday to get my paycheck, was told that Kenney had let me go and that the day before was my last day. Kenney couldn't even tell me themselves. The whole thing seemed odd and I felt very BS'ed and may have been a scapegoat
Pros
Good hours, decent pay
Cons
High expectations, management/hiring seems iffy
Great Brand
Regional Manager Caribbean & Central America (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIJune 2, 2013
Work long hours remotely
Expanded international business & export knowledge
Minimum supervision
Lack of team support
Developing new countries with no administrative support
Traveling, opening new accounts, bringing immediate sales
Pros
Work on a remote location & overseas
Cons
Administrative support

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kenney Manufacturing Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5