Kennywood

Kennywood Employer Reviews

A park run by children.
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee), West Mifflin, PAAugust 5, 2014
Pros: discounted food, free admission
Cons: long days, broken equipment, bad management
My last year saw me working 50-60 hour weeks. My co-supervisor had an internship which meant she wouldn't be there for 3 days, Monday to Wednesday. Which also means I had to pick up those days myself. Working from 10 in the morning, 9 on Mondays to do inventory, to whenever I was closed.

Management was far from what should be desired. All of them are best friends and would never get each other in trouble. They also had supervisors as friends and would not get them in trouble either, because they were friends. Being professional is what was supposed to come first, but personal interests got in the way. I was in line for a promotion from supervisor to a manager position, but 5 other people got that promotion before me. One didn't even interview for the position at the beginning of the year.

The hardest part about my job was getting up in the morning and knowing I will be there all day for 10-13 hours straight and getting home at night and just going to sleep and having to wake up in the morning to do it all over again.
Fun Job
Games Manager (Former Employee), West Mifflin, PAMay 29, 2014
probably the funniest job I ever had worked in games loved doing it every summer
a day at the park
Server (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 22, 2014
Pros: free admission
Cons: no free food
great place to work, great rides, freat people, clean enviroment
Its a good seasonal job
Ride Operator (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 28, 2014
Its a seasonal job that is good while in high school and college. There are many good perks but since I have left I am unsure if they are still there due to management changing.
A great first job!
Cashier (Former Employee), West Mifflin, PAFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: cheap lunch, great co-workers, free admission
Cons: long hours
This was my very first job and I couldnt of asked for a better one. My co-workers and managers were absolutely great! The hardest part of the job was the long hours I had to work at times (10-11 hours). I loved making the money, so I didnt mind working. The most enjoyable part was the different people you would talk to, and the fun of working in an amusment park.
It was a nice place to work at arond alot of people
Ride Operator (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PASeptember 28, 2012
Pros: the luch room had cheap food
Cons: no cons
Kennywood overall was a nice place to work at. They had alot of people that attend the park on the regular. Some of the co-workers was fun to work with. The management was ok there was times when people was on break longer then what they was suppose to be. The most enjoyable times is watching the kids face when they are taken off or when the get done with the ride. What i least like about the jod is that u have to stand in the rain