Kensington School

Kensington School Employer Reviews

run while you can!
teacher (Current Employee), various locationsNovember 18, 2014
As with many companies, you are promised things and find out that some compromises may have to be made. However the disrespect that management has for staff and how the the company as a whole only cares about money is appalling. Having stable " hours" are a joke. There are no benefits and whatever vacation time you do get, you cannot use at your will they can only be used during Kensington break weeks which you have to put in for about 6 months in advance.
Corporate will over enroll and on many occasions I was out of ratio and was told to " deal with it". I even had a child get hurt and I was out of ratio. I cannot stress how unorganized and money hungry this company is. Run while you can!
It has been a great place to work
Teacher (Current Employee), Saint Charles, ILSeptember 22, 2013
Pros: location, cleanliness, caring from owner, teaching philosophy
Cons: poor and expensive benefits
I love working with the children and most of the staff members. The owner has a true love and caring attitude towards the children. It is a very clean school and they usually by new toys for the children every fall. The owners believe the center is a school not just a day care/babysitting center. The hardest part of the job is sometimes the parents are very demanding. we also got a smart board. They also assist us in receiving our 15 hours of training per year by holding in service classes on days we are closed.
1 Star
Closing Director (Former Employee), Naperville, ILAugust 13, 2013
I learned a lot here, however would never go back. The teachers were great to work with and the children are wonderful! The corporate level and management were people I would not want to work with.