KENT COUNTY COUNCIL

KENT COUNTY COUNCIL Employee Reviews

Productive and team work
Course provider (Current Employee), KentJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Free lance
Cons: some inevitable pressure
Excellent safe environment. Friendly atmosphere, and reliable work team. the most enjoyable part of my job is providing language courses for adult who have a passion for learning italian
Super employer
Digital Services Manager (Current Employee), MaidstoneJuly 10, 2015
Varied roles available and there is the ability to take on more responsibility in your role. However there isn't always the reward for taking on responsibility apart from gaining experience.
fun place to work
Care Manager Assistant (Former Employee), Ashford, ENGMay 30, 2015
very full days, the clients were sometimes demanding as is their nature, but a very rewarding job, best I have ever had.
co- workers were very professional and supportive as were the management, you need this in social work
Good
Customer Advisor (Current Employee), MaidstoneMay 30, 2015
Pros: good opportunities
Cons: Chained to your desk
Not as good as it used to be due to privatisation of services and cut backs.
Generally a pretty good employer though.
Good support, when you need it.
Fun and productive place to work
Legal Secretary (Former Employee), MaidstoneMay 19, 2015
Pros: Flexi time
Cons: Outdated equipment
A typical day at work is never the same. I have learned a lot during my time at KCC as I have worked for various legal departments and fee earners. I have always got on well with my co-workers and have made some good friends. The hardest part of the job at the moment is staying motivated, due to lots of changes and uncertainty. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people and the flexi time.
Admin / Receptionist
Reception / Admin (Former Employee), Sittingbourne, ENGMay 18, 2015
Pros: enjoyable, professional place to work
Cons: None
Very enjoyable place to work, great co-workers, fun but professional at all times, able to get on and do the job easily.

Back-up from co-workers when required and also the police when required.

Training was excellent

The most enjoyable part of job was going to work every day, made to feel welcome by everyone who came into reception
High pressured but intriguing places
Apprentice Health and Safety Assistant (Current Employee), GillinghamApril 24, 2015
Everything you do is protected by law which can add pressure but an interesting place to work in where everyone knows each other providing great learning opportunities.
KCC is in contraction. Future is very uncertain
Information Systems Officer (Current Employee), Ashford/March 10, 2015
Pros: flexi time giving good work/life balance
Cons: future is very uncertain.
KCC was a great place to work but due to budget constraints imposed by Central Government KCC is currently in contraction. The ICT department may or may not be outsourced or floated off as a Local Authority Traded Company (LATCO) and there may be further redundancies, not necessarily voluntary, and or pay reductions.
enjoyed working in a school environment
School Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee), Dover, ENGNovember 3, 2014
Pros: free lunch
never a dull moment when I worked in the school, always something going on!
Call Centre
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Maidstone, ENGOctober 6, 2014
Staff were all helpful and friendly to me especially as i was only a temp. Normal day start at 9 finish at 5 worked on numerous teams as they rotated shifts.
Good place to work with excellent personal development opportunities
SENIOR SUPPORT OFFICER (Former Employee), Ashford, ENGOctober 1, 2014
Pros: good pension scheme and excellent personal development and training
Cons: unsettled atmosphere with redundancies being threatened the whole time
Whilst KCC is a good place to work, they are dependent upon Central Government funding and therefore, when cut-backs need to be made, staff are the first ones to suffer. During the 10 years I worked there, they had 4 re-structures which resulted in many hundreds of people being made redundant, myself included.
Everyday working life
Admin Officer (Current Employee), GravesendSeptember 25, 2014
Arrange ongoing care packages for clients who require a care package
Good team spirit
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee), Margate, ENGSeptember 24, 2014
Brilliant company to work for, lots of skills developed and always left work with a smile on my face.
My employment at Kent County Council gave me great insight to the work provided for the community
Internal Communications Officer (Current Employee), Maidstone, ENGSeptember 15, 2014
Most tasks were on an adhoc basis. As a service providing team we acted reactively to the customer immediate needs in a timely manner.

I learnt to be more proactive with a wider client base providing the best possible service ensuring staff were up to date with current issues as quickly as possible.

In order to manage my workload I had to make decisions and advise staff of current matters on the phone and by email so knowledge of the work of the organisation was paramount.

The team comprised of 5 members. We kept each other abreast of new information and the strong bond allowed us to step into each others shoes when the need arose.

The hardest part of the job was to say no to requests that did not meet the remit of the service but my diplomacy and communication skills aloud me to overcome the hurdles.

The most enjoyable part of this job was being able meet the needs of the client while interacting with great team spirit.
Tired of hoodies? Do something about it!
Ancillary Youth Worker/Bursar/Admin Support (Current Employee), KentSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: young adults
Cons: young adults
I saw this as a chance to bring some decency to the young people in our world today. It is quick to label young people as anti-social trouble makers but deep down do we really think that someone can be born evil? So if they aren't ejected from the womb with a mind to destroy bus stops and intimidate Joe Bloggs then by elimination it must be environmental that turns a lot of these minors into the troublesome acne army they have become. On acknowledgement of this revelation there is a clear chance of redemption.
Gaining a mutual respect is the biggest hurdle but once you have that there are endless possibilities to help these young people. Nurture their undernourished and undiscovered talents.
Find a way to turn these young adults away from the vicious circle that is their heritage and their legacy.
Be the support and guidance that they need but will never ask for (A strength in itself compared to the well educated middle class who will brag about their successes from the top of a mountain but behind them you can see the trail of privilege, family money and contacts that helped significantly to carry them there.
Prouctive and fun workers.
Finance Assistant- Accounts payables (Former Employee), Maidstone, ENGSeptember 3, 2014
Input invoices details on the accounts payables system to process payments to suppliers.Learned oracle program to use at work.
Management and co workers are fun workers and work as a team.
The hardest part of the job during end period to meet the deadline.The most enjoyable part of the job when work organised and time management allocated to meet the deadline on time.
Interesting challenge
Construction Contracts Manager (Current Employee), Sessions House MaidstoneSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: some advantages in local purchases through staff club
Cons: long hours especially to meet project expectations or planning consultations
Contrary to public view point, working in KCC was everyday a new challenge in terms of what is expected and travelling to and from various major sites.
How to deal with complicated planning approvals, and to address public concerns in setting up new projects.
Identifying strengths and weaknesses in Project Team and using best to suit Project overall, including monitoring delays and minimising as much as practicably possible.
Politics was the hardest part of working in KCC, but you learn how to meet the challenge and to deal with all varied issues that arise.
Creating new Education environments for future use, and improving working conditions for all colleagues.
Challenging yet enjoyable
Mobile Communications Analyst (Current Employee), MaidstoneAugust 24, 2014
Worked as part of the Mobile Communication team in ICT's Service Desk department providing support and training to BlackBerry/Smartphone users across KCC directorates.

• Configure Blackberry/Smartphone devices to ICT service level targets.
• Respond to BlackBerry/Smartphone fault calls logged with the ICT Service Desk. Aim to resolve faults in line with ICT service level targets.
• Provide 1-1 training sessions to Blackberry/Smartphone users to defined procedures.
• Provide mass training sessions of up to 15 customers.
• Log, update and resolve calls using ICT’s call management system.
• Maintain – more... up to date and accurate information in the BlackBerry/Smartphone asset management database in line with defined procedures.
• Assist with maintaining the BlackBerry/Smartphone knowledgebase of known fixes, errors and workarounds.
• Process emails to the Mobile Communication team mailbox relevant to the role and provide support to other team members when required.
• Setup SSL (Secure Socket Layer) tokens and provide training to new users of the service.
• Assist with processing orders for BlackBerry/smartphone devices using ICT systems and Oracle iProc.
• Monitor deliveries of devices against outstanding orders.
• Resolve BlackBerry, 3G dongle, mobile phone, RDA, Kent Text fault calls logged with the ICT Service Desk.
• Monitor and answer queries sent to the BlackBerry Support, Mobile Support, RDA Support mailboxes.
• Train any new Mobile Communications Engineers and ensure work meets existing standards, updating procedures as necessary to maintain and improve the service. – less
Friendly atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), ElthamAugust 22, 2014
Excellent management, all team members are motivated. Very good experience.
Enjoyable
Kent Success Apprentice (Former Employee), ENGJuly 14, 2014
Had a good work experience at KCC.
The management were always happy to help