Kent General Hospital Employee Reviews

Amazing learning Experience
Certified Nursing Assistant and unit clerk (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEJune 28, 2017
Everyone is welcoming and nice to be around. There are good benefits and you do continued CPR and Health stream education. You are always learning something new.
Pros
Learn alot
Cons
Short staffed
Engaging learning experience
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEMarch 31, 2017
I have really enjoyed my 2 and a half years working at Bayhealth as an RN. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with the patients. I have learned a ton on the job about caring for others, including difficult patients and situations. I have also been able to use many nursing skills and develop critical thinking skills in my daily activities.
My typical day includes giving medications, assessment of patients, advocating for my patient's wellbeing, admitting and discharging patients, inserting IV's, and much more. Collaboration with other healthcare workers is also a large part of my job, as well as making decisions regarding how I will structure my day!
However, my biggest struggle has been balancing the 12 hour shifts with everyday life. I would prefer working 4-5 days and being able to rest more each day after work, instead of getting home at 8:00 or 8:30 PM and then going back to work early the next morning again.
Pros
Great environment, Good team players
Cons
Busy floor, long shifts
Good Experience
Nursing Assistant, Orthopedic Unit (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJanuary 31, 2017
• Fulfilled the role of charge nurse, with the responsibility of supervising 3-4 RN’s, nursing assistants, and unit clerks on day shift.
• Evaluate staffing requirements, shift assignments, and organize unit activities for a 20 bed surgical unit.
• Act as a patient advocate, assess patient status, and notify physicians of nay changes in patient condition.
• Act as a resource person for day shift nurses and assist in providing patient care and documentation of admissions.
• Act as the current performance improvement representative for the surgical unit.
My day would start with scheduled appointments for patients or family members to insurance information and co-ordination of benefits.
Out-patient Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dover, DENovember 3, 2016
My day would start with scheduled appointments for patients or family members to review insurance information and co-ordination of benefits. I learned that most of the individuals did not know what coverage was primary or secondary. The hardest part of the job was trying to get insurance benefits processed in the correct order.
Pros
The location allowed me to take a walk at lunch time.
Cons
Explaining co-ordination of benefits to other staff.
Kent General Hospital is a great place to work, with many amzing nurses and overall staff.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dover, DESeptember 12, 2016
A typical day at work is busy, however with the amazing teamwork provided by my coworkers and managers constantly checking on their staff, we provide excellent care to our patients. In the medical field, you learn something new every work day.
Enjoyed my work but not my work environment
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Dover, DESeptember 5, 2015
At Kent General I worked as a patient care tech which required me to obtain blood from patients at the hospital and preform ekgs on them. I enjoyed what I did during this job but did not enjoy to work environment I was in. I found the majority for my co workers to be very negative and I do not enjoy or negative surroundings.
Productive, medical attmosphere
Admissions Clerk/ Librarians Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEOctober 24, 2014
Enjoyed working here and learned skills in accounts receivable and accounts payable, pharmacy ordering, emergency room clerk, insurance billing etc I learned a great deal about communications with people and service.
Pros
part time in variety of areas
Great co-Workers
LPN (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEOctober 14, 2014
Hardest part of my job was advancement. Pulled to a department repeatedly but then not qualified to get a full time position in that department. Received my training on night shift, then moved to day shift and they hire a new person and want to bump me back to night shift.
Pros
good Training
Cons
Poor management
n/a
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dover DeOctober 1, 2013
great place to work. I was only there a short time do to the distance from my house.
busy job with lots of room to learn different things
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEMarch 25, 2013
It is a good job, busy and you will learn a lot of different things.
Overall stable employment, but not easy to advance to better positions.
Telemetry Technician (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEFebruary 16, 2013
Policies change very often. Advancement is not easy. I spent over a year with this company and every time I wanted to apply for a better position I could not because they changed the policies three times extending length of time you are required to remain in your original position. Employees are unfriendly with each other a crossed the board.
Pros
free lunch on your birthday
Cons
short breaks, rude coworkers
This company is up north where I did my first externiship....also a very nice place to work
Externship (Former Employee) –  Dover, DENovember 12, 2012
Very friendly people..Everyone that worked worked there was eager to help in anyway they could...Great environment...