Kent Hospital Employee Reviews

small community hospital
Emergency Department Nurse (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIAugust 19, 2017
Small community hospital. Challenging population. As much as I loved working here we were always short: short staffed, short on computers to document on, short on space.
Dietary
PCDA (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIJuly 19, 2017
Hated this job. Definitely under paid for the amount of work you do. Moody management, to the point your work conditions are uncomfortable. Every week they kept piling on work that the dietitians felt they were to worthy of doing. Not a place I enjoyed at all! I literally dreaded going into work. The only thing that was good was my co workers that were not management & the patients.
Pros
Co workers, kitchen staff, patients
Cons
Everything else
kent hospital
Kitchen Float (Former Employee) –  West Warwick, RIJuly 10, 2017
Kent Hospital is a great place work. They educate you on food safety and kitchen safety. You will gain knowledge about the correct and safe way to serve food.
Great Hospital To Work For
Medical Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIMay 7, 2017
Kent Hospital is a great place to work for. The employees are super as well as the physician staff. I always enjoyed my time there. There were so many ways to step up your position. The flexibility was great. If you ever needed time off for any reason they were right there for you.
Pros
Flexibility was the best thing ever....
Cons
Actually there were no cons....
Staff Collaboration
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIMarch 5, 2017
Great collaboration with staff members in performing the duties needed for patient satisfaction and safe practice.

Positive environment makes your work day pleasant/enjoyable.
Great job, but haven't been able to find another since.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIOctober 11, 2016
I worked at Kent County Memorial Hospital for nearly 5 years, before they decided to eliminate my position. I started working there when I was 16 years old. It's the only job I ever had. Then, at 21 I was recently unemployed, but I thought, at least I have experience. Well, here I am now, nearly 6 years later, and I still haven't been able to find another job. HR has been absolutely no help. Kent truly does not care about their employees. It's a great job, so long as you keep in mind that you may be unemployed any minute.
Pros
I met some great, supportive people, and got very familiar with data entry.
Cons
Hired me as per-diem so I never got benefits, eliminated my position with little notice
office was family orientated
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIJuly 5, 2016
worked with very nice people and overall it was a little stressful at times to meet time dates and deadlines for some clients.
Nice place to work, great benefits and incentives
Pathology Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIApril 3, 2016
Transcribing, accessioning slips, managing the office, assisting four pathologists with their day-to-day needs, managing calls, filing.
Kent Hospital
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIJanuary 3, 2016
A typical day at work would conclude of taking care of patients, lifting patients, helping those in need. I learned to be kind to be people, and care for them. In my management i had to be well organized also meaning respectful. I had a lot of respect for my job, and for all my workers. Some co-workers of my co-workers were helpful to me, i get along with everyone. The hardest part of the job is turning a large patient over in bed when they can not get up, or bringing one to they bathroom when they cant move. Another hard part is to see someone sad when they are ill and i would comfort them to the best i could that broke my heart. I was enjoyable when the patients were feeling better and they are going home, and i was happy that i could comfort them to a good and safe stay!
Pros
I enjoyed making people happy.
Cons
When a patient couldn't go home cause they were ill, it was very sad.
Great company
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RINovember 9, 2015
Great company great people and willing to teach you and help you grow I love this place !!!!! Very supportive management.
Day to Day Duties of the workplace
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIJuly 31, 2015
Answering telephones
Greeting patients
Updating and filing patient medical records
Coding and filling out insurance forms
Scheduling appointments
Arranging for hospital admissions and laboratory services
Handling correspondence, billing, and bookkeeping
Taking medical histories
Explaining treatment procedures to patients
Preparing patients for examination
Assisting the physician during exams
Collecting and preparing laboratory specimens
Performing basic laboratory tests
Instructing patients about medication and special diets
Preparing and administering medications as directed by a physician
Authorizing prescription refills as directed
Taking electrocardiograms
Removing sutures and changing dressings
Pros
Working with patients
Cons
Short breaks
Superb Physician & Pharmacy Talents
APPE Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIMay 26, 2015
I never been more impressed than I was by the level of absolutely superb intelligence that was demonstrated before me at daily running rounds. It was literally like an episode of House - except that I had to be a part of it. I was quite overwhelmed the majority of the time, and this is how I realized ICU pharmacy is something one must definitely acquire a taste for; however, it is very much the same sorts of illnesses you will find yourself having to treat on a daily basis. The hours are obviously very long and demanding, and I direct this at those seeking to narrow their scope of practice towards acute care.
Pros
great cafeteria food, brilliant physicians and pharmacists, independent course structure
Cons
demanding course load, long hours (some days), many projects & final formal presentation
RN/Phlebotomist
Registered Nurse/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMarch 24, 2015
Kent Hospital, located in Warwick, Rhode Island, provides high quality, compassionate and personalized health care delivered in an interdisciplinary model that involves all members of the health care team.
Good hospital
volunteer (Former Employee) –  Warwick riJuly 23, 2014
Volunteered here and it was a nice working environment. The hospital is very fast paced but it was clean and the staff was friendly,
good working conditions
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIMay 21, 2014
Was a smaller hospital 20 years ago
and a nice place to work
Management was supportive
ICU and ER
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIApril 26, 2014
I have had excellent management and coworkers here who have all been very helpful. The education department is wonderful and has programs and classes that have helped me advance my practice and knowledge.
Ct Tech
❸ Diagnostic imagining center, Cat Scan Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIFebruary 22, 2014
Diagnostic imagining center, Cat Scan Assistant to Cat scan Techs, Head of Department is Curtis Mclaughlin. Performed loading patients in and out of CT scanner, general cleaning around the workplace, stocking supplies for next patients, updating paperwork during the day for radiologist. Contrast patient release forms signed and looked over for liabilities.
Productive and rewarding
Certified Nursing Assistant/ Emergency Room Tech (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIOctober 4, 2013
Fast paced, efficient, rewarding place to work. Co-workers are 98% respectful and always willing to help each other. Management is more than fair to all employees.
The hardest and most rewarding part of the job is saving someones life.
Pros
Healthcare/Benefits, Vacation/Sick time, Salary
Cons
Long hours at times with short breaks
Productive and excellent service
Intern (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIJune 10, 2013
A typical day could consist signing in. then going to an area or floor in the hospital and just basically helping out. If paperwork was needed to be filed then it will be done, if copies were needed to be made then they were made,etc.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
short breaks
poor management in resp.are
rrt (Former Employee) –  warwickJanuary 9, 2013
I worked for Kent per diem for 5 years and the work load was unfair. The second shift supervisor in Respiratory accused me of something I was not guilty of. As a result I quit. I never heard from the manager of the Resp. Department.