Kent Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Nice place to work, great benefits and incentives
Pathology Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIApril 3, 2016
Transcribing, accessioning slips, managing the office, assisting four pathologists with their day-to-day needs, managing calls, filing.
Kent Hospital
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIJanuary 3, 2016
A typical day at work would conclude of taking care of patients, lifting patients, helping those in need. I learned to be kind to be people, and care for them. In my management i had to be well organized also meaning respectful. I had a lot of respect for my job, and for all my workers. Some co-workers of my co-workers were helpful to me, i get along with everyone. The hardest part of the job is turning a large patient over in bed when they can not get up, or bringing one to they bathroom when they cant move. Another hard part is to see someone sad when they are ill and i would comfort them to the best i could that broke my heart. I was enjoyable when the patients were feeling better and they are going home, and i was happy that i could comfort them to a good and safe stay!
Pros
I enjoyed making people happy.
Cons
When a patient couldn't go home cause they were ill, it was very sad.
Great company
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RINovember 9, 2015
Great company great people and willing to teach you and help you grow I love this place !!!!! Very supportive management.
Day to Day Duties of the workplace
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIJuly 31, 2015
Answering telephones
Greeting patients
Updating and filing patient medical records
Coding and filling out insurance forms
Scheduling appointments
Arranging for hospital admissions and laboratory services
Handling correspondence, billing, and bookkeeping
Taking medical histories
Explaining treatment procedures to patients
Preparing patients for examination
Assisting the physician during exams
Collecting and preparing laboratory specimens
Performing basic laboratory tests
Instructing patients about medication and special diets
Preparing and administering medications as directed by a physician
Authorizing prescription refills as directed
Taking electrocardiograms
Removing sutures and changing dressings
Pros
Working with patients
Cons
Short breaks
Superb Physician & Pharmacy Talents
APPE Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIMay 26, 2015
I never been more impressed than I was by the level of absolutely superb intelligence that was demonstrated before me at daily running rounds. It was literally like an episode of House - except that I had to be a part of it. I was quite overwhelmed the majority of the time, and this is how I realized ICU pharmacy is something one must definitely acquire a taste for; however, it is very much the same sorts of illnesses you will find yourself having to treat on a daily basis. The hours are obviously very long and demanding, and I direct this at those seeking to narrow their scope of practice towards acute care.
Pros
great cafeteria food, brilliant physicians and pharmacists, independent course structure
Cons
demanding course load, long hours (some days), many projects & final formal presentation
RN/Phlebotomist
Registered Nurse/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMarch 24, 2015
Kent Hospital, located in Warwick, Rhode Island, provides high quality, compassionate and personalized health care delivered in an interdisciplinary model that involves all members of the health care team.
Good hospital
volunteer (Former Employee) –  Warwick riJuly 23, 2014
Volunteered here and it was a nice working environment. The hospital is very fast paced but it was clean and the staff was friendly,
good working conditions
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIMay 21, 2014
Was a smaller hospital 20 years ago
and a nice place to work
Management was supportive
ICU and ER
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIApril 26, 2014
I have had excellent management and coworkers here who have all been very helpful. The education department is wonderful and has programs and classes that have helped me advance my practice and knowledge.
Ct Tech
❸ Diagnostic imagining center, Cat Scan Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIFebruary 22, 2014
Diagnostic imagining center, Cat Scan Assistant to Cat scan Techs, Head of Department is Curtis Mclaughlin. Performed loading patients in and out of CT scanner, general cleaning around the workplace, stocking supplies for next patients, updating paperwork during the day for radiologist. Contrast patient release forms signed and looked over for liabilities.

Want to know more about Kent Hospital?

Ask a question
Productive and rewarding
Certified Nursing Assistant/ Emergency Room Tech (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIOctober 4, 2013
Fast paced, efficient, rewarding place to work. Co-workers are 98% respectful and always willing to help each other. Management is more than fair to all employees.
The hardest and most rewarding part of the job is saving someones life.
Pros
healthcare/benefits, vacation/sick time, salary
Cons
long hours at times with short breaks
Productive and excellent service
Intern (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIJune 10, 2013
A typical day could consist signing in. then going to an area or floor in the hospital and just basically helping out. If paperwork was needed to be filed then it will be done, if copies were needed to be made then they were made,etc.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
short breaks
poor management in resp.are
rrt (Former Employee) –  warwickJanuary 9, 2013
I worked for Kent per diem for 5 years and the work load was unfair. The second shift supervisor in Respiratory accused me of something I was not guilty of. As a result I quit. I never heard from the manager of the Resp. Department.
Constant Chaos, no office manager, Terrible communication
Former Medical Assistant-Affinity Physicians Group (Former Employee) –  Primary Medical Group of WarwickDecember 12, 2012
I was hired as a Per Diem Medical Assistant. On my first day there was no orientation of office work flow. Came to work every day for two months with no idea what duties I would have. Would spend 10 minutes with the other staff deciding who would do what for the day. The "Office Coordinator" has no managerial experience, and does not take charge of the office allowing the other staff to make decisions she should be making. The other staff has no resepect for her. There is alot of backstabbing and lying among staff. There are unqualified people in the office answering phones and giving medical advice to patients. The attending physicians are too worried about their contracts than about how the office runs. One physician left because she was fed up with the whole situation. The resident physician program is run like a dog and pony show. There is no communication between the people who run the resident programs and the "Office Coordinator". The person who is in charge of physician support for Affinity has no idea how a physicians practice is runned and is not supportive to the "Office Coordinator" or staff. If you want to work in an office where no one is in charge, the staff will backstab and lie, an office in constant chaos, the attending physicians can't be bothered to take control of how the office is being runned then this is the place for you.
Pros
good hospital benefits
Cons
poorly run office, no one in charge, constant chaos, no communication, lying and backstabbing staff
great place to work, many great benefits
LPN (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIOctober 10, 2012
Very fast moving pace with great advancement opportunities and
superb health benefits.
Pros
good management.
Cons
hectic days with little time .
management is terrible, wages fair
CNA (Former Employee) –  warwick, R.ISeptember 19, 2012
Worked at this company for 5 years as a CNA. Signed a contract with them to work there after I graduated nursing school for 2 years. Was not hired after graduation, I was told that it costs too much to train new grads. I do understand that but I was a loyal employee for 5 years with no black marks on my record. Disappointed at their disregard for loyalty. Won't consider going back. Also I'm not the only one this has happened to.
Pros
fair wages, great nurses
Cons
management unapproachable, doesn't appreciate loyalty
too many srtict rules, nurse managers unaproachable, one nurse manager discouraged further education
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RISeptember 2, 2012
The management does not value their staff, they talk down to them.
Many changes in progress - may effect working environment.
Critical Care Float - RN (Former Employee)July 14, 2011
Kent Hospital is a union facility. It is a fair and equality based employer. Staff works together to provide the best possible outcome for its clients.

Kent Hospital Reviews by Location