Kent Hospital

Kent Hospital Employer Reviews

good working conditions
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Warwick, RIMay 21, 2014
Was a smaller hospital 20 years ago
and a nice place to work
Management was supportive
ICU and ER
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Warwick, RIApril 26, 2014
I have had excellent management and coworkers here who have all been very helpful. The education department is wonderful and has programs and classes that have helped me advance my practice and knowledge.
Ct Tech
❸ Diagnostic imagining center, Cat Scan Assistant (Former Employee), Warwick, RIFebruary 22, 2014
Diagnostic imagining center, Cat Scan Assistant to Cat scan Techs, Head of Department is Curtis Mclaughlin. Performed loading patients in and out of CT scanner, general cleaning around the workplace, stocking supplies for next patients, updating paperwork during the day for radiologist. Contrast patient release forms signed and looked over for liabilities.
Productive and rewarding
Certified Nursing Assistant/ Emergency Room Tech (Current Employee), Warwick, RIOctober 4, 2013
Pros: healthcare/benefits, vacation/sick time, salary
Cons: long hours at times with short breaks
Fast paced, efficient, rewarding place to work. Co-workers are 98% respectful and always willing to help each other. Management is more than fair to all employees.
The hardest and most rewarding part of the job is saving someones life.
Productive and excellent service
Intern (Former Employee), Warwick, RIJune 10, 2013
Pros: great benifits
Cons: short breaks
A typical day could consist signing in. then going to an area or floor in the hospital and just basically helping out. If paperwork was needed to be filed then it will be done, if copies were needed to be made then they were made,etc.
poor management in resp.are
rrt (Former Employee), warwickJanuary 9, 2013
I worked for Kent per diem for 5 years and the work load was unfair. The second shift supervisor in Respiratory accused me of something I was not guilty of. As a result I quit. I never heard from the manager of the Resp. Department.
Constant Chaos, no office manager, Terrible communication
Former Medical Assistant-Affinity Physicians Group (Former Employee), Primary Medical Group of WarwickDecember 12, 2012
Pros: good hospital benefits
Cons: poorly run office, no one in charge, constant chaos, no communication, lying and backstabbing staff
I was hired as a Per Diem Medical Assistant. On my first day there was no orientation of office work flow. Came to work every day for two months with no idea what duties I would have. Would spend 10 minutes with the other staff deciding who would do what for the day. The "Office Coordinator" has no managerial experience, and does not take charge of – more... the office allowing the other staff to make decisions she should be making. The other staff has no resepect for her. There is alot of backstabbing and lying among staff. There are unqualified people in the office answering phones and giving medical advice to patients. The attending physicians are too worried about their contracts than about how the office runs. One physician left because she was fed up with the whole situation. The resident physician program is run like a dog and pony show. There is no communication between the people who run the resident programs and the "Office Coordinator". The person who is in charge of physician support for Affinity has no idea how a physicians practice is runned and is not supportive to the "Office Coordinator" or staff. If you want to work in an office where no one is in charge, the staff will backstab and lie, an office in constant chaos, the attending physicians can't be bothered to take control of how the office is being runned then this is the place for you. – less
great place to work, many great benefits
LPN (Former Employee), Warwick, RIOctober 10, 2012
Pros: good management.
Cons: hectic days with little time .
Very fast moving pace with great advancement opportunities and
superb health benefits.
management is terrible, wages fair
CNA (Former Employee), warwick, R.ISeptember 19, 2012
Pros: fair wages, great nurses
Cons: management unapproachable, doesn't appreciate loyalty
Worked at this company for 5 years as a CNA. Signed a contract with them to work there after I graduated nursing school for 2 years. Was not hired after graduation, I was told that it costs too much to train new grads. I do understand that but I was a loyal employee for 5 years with no black marks on my record. Disappointed at their disregard for loyalty. – more... Won't consider going back. Also I'm not the only one this has happened to. – less
too many srtict rules, nurse managers unaproachable, one nurse manager discouraged further education
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Warwick, RISeptember 2, 2012
The management does not value their staff, they talk down to them.
Many changes in progress - may effect working environment.
Critical Care Float - RN (Former Employee)July 14, 2011
Kent Hospital is a union facility. It is a fair and equality based employer. Staff works together to provide the best possible outcome for its clients.