Kent State University

Kent State University Employer Reviews

Student in Nuclear Medicine Program
Student (Former Employee), Salem, OHJune 17, 2014
It was a good program but is no longer in existence because of an overpopulation in the field.
Productive environment with opportunites to work independently
Research Assistant, Lab of Dr. Jeffrey Ciesla (Former Employee), Kent, OHJune 2, 2014
In the Cielsa Lab, entered data that was collected, for an experiment, into SPSS. I also conducted literature searches.
The grad students were always available if anyone needed clarification, wanted to get more involved, or needed help/advice on applying to grad programs.
Franklin Art Glass is an excellent company.
ESL Teacher (Former Employee), Kent, OHMay 17, 2014
This company is highly professional and efficient in restoring and creating masterful stained glass windows.
Wonderful place to work, but few full-time positions available.
Instructor & Translator / Interpreter (Current Employee), Kent, OHMay 12, 2014
Pros: great people, benefits, pay, and environment
Cons: mostly part-time positions
The ESL department at Kent State University is a spectacular place to work. The workload is reasonable, the faculty and staff are friendly, and the department is rapidly growing in size.
That being said, it seems to be difficult for the budget to keep up with growth, and the majority of the positions are part-time.
Kent State University
University Student (Former Employee), Kent, OHApril 27, 2014
Graduated from Kent State University with honors in 2005 receiving a Bachelor of Business Administration degree.

Gained perspective on how processes are proposed, selected, and implemented as well as making reads and adjustments on the fly.
Best place to learn life skills, Best place to contribute
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Kent, OHApril 10, 2014
Pros: supportive to students achieve their best academically.
Had opportunity to contribute to Research and Sponsored Program website. Great team that encourage and support creativity. Very flexible hours that match class schedules.
Recent graduate from Kent State University
Student Laborer (Former Employee), Kent, OHApril 7, 2014
Business professional with skills to meet or exceed company’s expectations, striving to target profitable business ventures and increasing my position within the company as a team member who emphasizes on being goal oriented to be the best in the industry.
Good place to work. Great colleagues.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Kent, OHMarch 27, 2014
A typical day at work includes going through the tickets that professors and students submit through our online systems. It might include giving them a call regarding the issue. Walk-ins also happen time to time for professors who are new to Blackboard and we would help them understand the basic environment of Blackboard and help them design the course – more... in a way they feel is best for them and their students. The colleagues are great. They were cooperative in the beginning of my job here as they would help me with any and every question I had. Everyone is really supportive and serious about giving the best customer service to the end user. – less
Friendly environment and flexible hours
Head Shift Leader (Former Employee), Kent, OHMarch 21, 2014
Learned many useful communication skills and enjoyed working with students my age.
Great learning experience with great benefits
Resident Assistant (RA) (Former Employee), Kent, OHMarch 9, 2014
It was a very neat experience to lead in the residence halls and grow myself as an individual. The only thing I would change is to do more of it.
Facilities
Kent State University Orientation Leader (Former Employee), Kent, OHMarch 5, 2014
I worked in the facilities department and learned the ins and outs of the athletic side of higher education.
Amazing educational tool
Anchor (Former Employee), Kent, OhioMarch 2, 2014
This took my learning from the classroom into reality with the student run television station. I learned so much more working for TV2-Kent State then I did at my internship.
Creative environment
Orientation teacher (Former Employee), Kent, OHFebruary 26, 2014
Every minute was rewarding. I was able to mentor other students and develop a program to engage freshman students.
Undergrad Research Assistant - Biology
Research Assistant - Physiology (Former Employee), Kent, OHFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: great team and researchers, knowledgable, always room to learn and advance skills, networking, building research experience and problem solving
Cons: only needed 2-4 hours daily, sometimes after midnight and on weekends to continue data collection
I learned a lot about researching methods, procedures, EPA guidelines and put skills in biology and chemistry to use in practical applications. Would certainly join group again to continue laboratory fun. :)
Great Student Job
Mail Services Student Worker (Former Employee), Kent, OHJanuary 31, 2014
The Mailroom at KSU was a great place to work as a student. There are really good people that work in that department.
The best part of the job was being out on route delivering packages and mail.
Graduate Student
Internship (Former Employee), Kent, OHJanuary 2, 2014
The graduate program is excellent! The professors really treat you like a colleague in the field and assist you with learning all you can about the field of dietetics.
Graduate research assistant (Former Employee), kent, OHDecember 18, 2013
• Work on and contribute to collaborative research teams.
• Help faculty members in research projects.
• Assist with analysis of quantitative and qualitative data.
• Participation in using SPSS.
• Utilize computer software and related data-processing equipment in the treatment of research data. (Ex. SPSS, Reference Manager, Excel).
• Create, publish – more... and administer web-based surveys for research, teaching, and administrative needs through using Qualtrics software.
• Participation in a research team.
• Perform a variety of administrative tasks including preparation of Power Point presentations, data entry and analysis.
• Assist in the preparing research posters for professional conferences.
• Aid in the maintenance of records.
• Assist a faculty member with a research project; engage in literature searches. – less
Productive and fun work place
Lab instructor, TA, GA (Former Employee), Kent, OHNovember 25, 2013
A very good place to study (completed my PhD degree) and a good place to work while studying.
Very interesting and productive
Student Assistant for KSU President (Former Employee), Kent, OHNovember 24, 2013
Pros: worked in a very prestigious office.
Cons: no advancement options.
Everyone I worked with would help direct me along the way as I needed help with either the printer or computer malfunction. A typical day was just coming in and getting the coffee ready, checking emails, classifying and filing documents, answering the phones and directing the caller to the appropriate office.
Great learning experience
Marketing Research Assistant (Current Employee), Kent, OHNovember 19, 2013
Pros: this graduate assistantship is paying for my tuition
Very friendly boss who gives me projects relevant to my interests and supplementary to my learning experience. Typically I would be doing online research or assisting in gathering information from surveys to help professors with their papers. I am currently working alone in my office which is nice because I get to experience more of the work but unfortunate – more... because I end up being alone all day long. – less

1 2 3 4