Kent State University Employee Reviews in United States

Good place for graduation
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kent, OHApril 11, 2016
Learnt a lot about real time education and implementation.
Learnt to teach
learnt to mange studies and teaching assistant work.
Good fun and culture.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
climate
Place to grow and have the best experience
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kent, OHMarch 29, 2016
It`s about 4 years and a half that I am participating at Kent State university, where I got valuable experience.
We normally, make a question and work toward finding solution to that problem.
I have worked in different labs, which made me learn various techniques and working with different groups.
We have regular daily meeting, where we share our questions and concerns about our experiments, and ask our colleagues about their ideas.
Well, I can not say something is absolutely hard, better to say, it just need more work to be fulfilled. Going over a new set-up and building it was kind of hard for, however, it taught me alot.
The best part of the job is at the end of the day when , a problem is solved and data is ready to share with others.
nice atmosphere place to work
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  on campusMarch 21, 2016
I worked 10p to 6:30am Sunday through Thursday. I worked with two co-workers in our building.We worked great as a team. My supervisor was willing to show me different equipment to run because i was willing to learn. Supervisor always complimented me for doing a well job. My hardest part of the job was the 120 day probation period. I was in a car accident before work, my car was totaled somebody ran a stop sign. I called and reported to my supervisor did everything he told to do before i got there shift started that day at 6pm accident was at 4pm clocked in at 6:12p would have been there on time but the police and tow truck was not moving the process fast. Two days later my supervisor's boss called me in to let me go even though i had paper work from accident.She made it seem like she didn't care i was in an accident. I felt as though they didn't value me and is this how they treat their employees. Me being young this was so embarrassing and a let down. But the enjoyable part was I was able to function on my own to get my job done, halp other, and basically a pat on the back at the end of my shift for job well done.
Pros
Benefits and co workers
Cons
seem to not care for employee i was in a car accident during probation period
Kent State
Peer Involvement Advisor (Current Employee) –  Kent, OHMarch 15, 2016
Working at Kent State was great, the job culture was awesome and so were the people. I would highly suggestion working there.
Wonderful people
Janitorial - Office Cleaning (Former Employee) –  Kent, OHMarch 9, 2016
Everyone was so wonderful to work with. We each got our own floor and would help out with others if needed. The management was great to us and we loved our jobs.
Good, not great
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Kent, OHJanuary 30, 2016
My job as a survey researcher was a good job while going to school, it was convenient that it was on campus and I could walk to and from class to work and back home. However, they limit your maximum weekly hours and also do not allow you to read or complete homework on downtime in the lab. It was also very uncomfortable sitting for such long hours. If you work there, bring a cushion!
Pros
On-Campus
Cons
Boring, Not allowed to read/do homework, etc.
Great Place to Work!
Student Success Programs (Current Employee) –  Kent, OHJanuary 14, 2016
Kent State University offers a number of various jobs. I work with Student Success Programs which is an office at Kent State University that is all about the success of students. The different jobs offered through this office, give different daily experiences. Management is amazing and they treat every student and worker as if they are family. My co-workers are other student leaders, making the environment fun and always a learning experience. The hardest part of this job is always being happy and friendly, despite a bad day or a bad experience. Remembering why you're working and helping new students keeps you going. The best part of this job is seeing new students faces light up when you help them find something or answer their questions. Helping new students love Kent State University just as much as you do is the most rewarding part of this job.
Supportive work place
Interim Area Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAJanuary 12, 2016
Friendly and supportive, while professionally challenging atmosphere. Great opportunities to learn and grow as a professional. Created fantastic professional growth and development.
Awesome Job
Residential Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kent, OHJanuary 6, 2016
The most important part of this job is being available for the residents in the assigned hall as often as possible. What I've learned from this job is that it is vital to connect with each and everyone of the residents on an individual basis. My favorite part is knowing that I have these personal relationships with them.
Good work atmosphere.
TEACHING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Kent, OHNovember 18, 2015
Associated are helpful and the asks are accordingly done to the time. Work is well organised and standards are followed to attain and complete tasks.
GReat place to work
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  New Philadelphia, OHOctober 23, 2015
The work was fantastic. I learned how to properly install and maintain audio/video equipment as well as helping students with computer issues.
Pros
Great workers and staff
Cons
Not many hours to be had
Great benefits, vacation, sick leave
Special Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kent, OHOctober 6, 2015
Great benefits, including tuition waiver for employees, spouses and children. Not a great deal of room for advancement within the university.
A fun working place
Associate Education Technology Designer (Former Employee) –  Kent, OHSeptember 28, 2015
Very educational and good working environment.
Great people, good opportunities and good scope for advancement. Located in a nice little town with friendly people and tons of things to do. Good family work life balance.
A great place to work as a graduate student
Graduate Researcher (Former Employee) –  Kent OhioSeptember 21, 2015
Had a wonderful time working for the English Graduate Program. The work is both intense and fulfilling. I am very happy for the experience.
Enjoyable, rewarding place to work.
Tutor / Instructor (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHSeptember 21, 2015
While attending KSU, I had a part-time position in their "Skill Center." This was a place where all students could come for free tutoring in a variety of subjects. I tutored students in subjects in which I was most proficient -- English, Speech, Psychology and similar subjects. It was gratifying to help people and see the results in their faces (and grades!). There was a great camaraderie among other tutors, and the Director was a marvelous lady and very supportative.
Pros
Seeing the joy come alive in people, when previously they looked disappointed.
Cons
Low pay, but we weren't in it for the money, it was to help people!
Good management
Student Caller (Former Employee) –  Kent, OHSeptember 15, 2015
The management is great and they try to make the job fun. Overall the job was very boring. There was a lot of opportunity for advancement.
Awesome
Full-time College Student (Former Employee) –  Kent, OHSeptember 10, 2015
This is the best college in Ohio. I had so much fun. There is so much to do in kent and its beautiful. Kent is not to far away from home.
Great for College Students
Maintance (Former Employee) –  Kent, OHAugust 27, 2015
It a great place to work while you are going to school. Flexible hours and management is willing to work with you. It a typical everyday job.
Interactive fun environment with students and faculty at Kent
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Kent, OHAugust 17, 2015
Environment was extremely pleasant. Staff within the office was always positive and willing to help when needed. Answering phones and dealing with parents was the hardest part of the job, but it really wasn't too bad once you got used to it.
Pros
Scheduling was easy, low pressure environment
Cons
Not many hours available.
great job
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Kent, OHAugust 4, 2015
great job for a student. Work culture is pleasing.Management is reasonable and understanding of student lives. Would recommend

4.4