- Supervising the day-to-day activities of Kentuck Knob
- Supervising all departments and staff, staffing schedules, training and monthly meetings
- Cataloging the collections of Kentuck Knob
- Creating and implementing programs, tours, and events
- Supervise the day-to-day activities of Kentuck Knob
- Develop company budgets
- Spearhead any preservation and restoration work on Kentuck Knob
- Develop relationships with community partners (i.e.West Virginia University, Mattress Factory, Warhol Museum, surrounding county Chamber of Commerce’s, Fallingwater)
- Assist with group tours and property personnel.
- Conduct tours, operate cash registers, and drive shuttle, as needed.
- Inventory merchandise.
- Keep the property functional and clean.
- Greet visitors to the property.
- Assist maintenance, housekeeping, and the animal caretaker as assigned.
- Dispose of loose trash, from the grounds, which may have been left by visitors or wind-blown onto the property.
- Additional tasks as assigned.
- MA Degree in Business, Property Management, Museum Management, or related fields.
- Strong organizational abilities and leadership qualities.
- 3-5 years of experience, preferably with historic site, cultural institution, or private property.
- Background in supervising staff.
- Understanding of marketing principles and ability to implement a marketing plan
- Knowledge of historic preservation practices and experience in collections management.
- Ability to keep company information confidential.
- Multitasking ability and flexibility.
Kentuck Knob is a Frank Lloyd Wright designed house that is open for tours.