We are looking for someone with a sunny disposition, who is a multi tasker and a team player, energetic, good with people and organised.
The job is never boring and the day never long enough as there is always lots going on.
- Greet and check guests in as they enter the Visitor Center using established system
- Assist guests while they are in the Gift Shop and make sales using the POS system
- Ensure that all tours leave on time, with all guests and assigned tour guides
- Make group tour reservations and bookings for the rental property as and when such requests are made (generally over the phone)
- Straighten, re-stock, and clean the Visitor Center as needed
- Answer questions from guests ranging from Kentuck Knob information to directions; assist them in the best possible manner
- Receive merchandise and keep an eye on the shop inventory. (ie report when items are sold out)
- Perform other tasks as needed. They are, from time to time driving the shuttle bus and assisting in the café or middle register
- Close out register each night and sweep and mop floors of the Visitor Center
- Acquire basic knowledge about Kentuck Knob, the grounds, sculptures, and policies and be able to answer questions
- Become familiar with all Gift Shop inventory; particularly the FLW and Kentuck Knob items that are stocked
- Interact with guests in a pleasant and friendly manner at all times
- Keep front desk organized and free of clutter
- Maintain a professional appearance and comply with the dress code
- Attend training sessions and staff meetings
- At least six months verifiable work experience in a similar field
- Ability to operate the POS system
- Strong ability to multi-task , follow instructions and have a friendly disposition
Indeed - 13 months ago
Kentuck Knob is a Frank Lloyd Wright designed house that is open for tours.