Kentucky Blood Center Employee Reviews

great place to work
Testing lab technologist (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 22, 2015
It was a great place to work colleagues were easy to work with and get the job done correctly, efficently and accurately achieving a zero error rating.
Pros
Good benefits and frequent perks like movie tickets for a job well done, free lunches.
Cons
short staff at times making for long shifts.
Enjoyable coworkers
Phlebotomist/automation specialist (Former Employee) –  pikeville, kyAugust 19, 2015
Traveling throughout Kentucky and meeting new people was enjoyable and building not only a business but a personal relationship made the job exciting. Knowing I made a difference in many peoples lives with my job was great.
Pros
excellent work family
Cons
erratic work hours
great place
Phlebotomist, DRBC Automated Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 8, 2015
I loved knowing my job was what needed to save lives on a daily basis. Great salary, great benefits. Felt great pride when I told other people where I was employed.
A great paying job
Mobile Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Pikeville,KyMarch 17, 2015
I loved my job and everything about it. I enjoyed traveling to many places and working and getting to work with the general public. I loved all the people I worked with each day and in difficult situations there was always someone there to help.
Poor management and uncomfortable environment
N/A (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 12, 2014
During my employment, this company took a turn for the worst. The management team never takes any responsibility. The company always focuses on the negative and uses every opportunity available to demean and discourage employees. This approach has been very ineffective as the employee morale continues to dwindle. There is no appreciation for the employees. An entire team received a salary reduction, yet the Department Executive Director still received regular pay and hefty bonus checks. If you enjoy being micromanaged, depreciated, not receiving annual raises and like to be in constant fear of losing your job, this is the place for you.
Pros
saving lives, coworkers
Cons
poor management, negative company, no appreciation for employee, no job security, no longer feels like non-proft, employees are treated poorly
Enjoyable
PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 28, 2014
Loved working with the patients. Had several patients who very upset with my leaving.
rewarding
Components Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 18, 2014
monotonous but rewarding. Worked 2nd shift so the schedule suited me a bit better being more o a night person. However there being a lot of different processes, they become old after doing them so many times. Managed well and you got a feeling you were an integral part in helping others by manufacturing products to help save lives.
Great place to work.
Component Technician (Former Employee) –  Hazard, KYDecember 15, 2013
This was a great place to work. I learned all aspects of the blood donantion process from registration all the way to processing the components. The center was busy at times and due to management changes the popularity decreased and the center was closed.
Pros
good people to work with, learn so much
Cons
bad management
N/a
Telerecruiter (Part time) (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 25, 2013
Part time position held concurrent with college attendance.

Kentucky Blood Center Reviews by Location