Kentucky Community and Technical College System Employee Reviews

Poor
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 26, 2017
Poor management and not a balanced place to work at. Training is poor and employees are not willing to help anyone but themselves. Lack of overall feeling of being appreciated for good work.
Pros
work hours
Cons
under paid and appreciated
Associate Director of Development (Former Employee) –  Versailles, KYAugust 15, 2017
My experience with KCTCS fostered an attitude of professional growth and promotion. I feel that they embraced employees as an asset and their investment matched that of the employees contribution. The work environment was relaxed, yet very professional.
Pros
403B mathcing, vacation and holidays benefits
Great experience, but pay was pathetic
Proofreader (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 5, 2017
In one year I taught six, three-credit-hour courses, making $9,960.00 at KCTCS. That same year I taught two other courses at another college, making a total of under $15,000.00 for the year. My pay at the college writing lab was $10 per hour. This job required a minimum of a master's degree. I am not joking!
Pros
My colleagues were very personable.
Cons
There were no benefits as I was a purely sub-contract employee.
Student Focused
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Versailles, KYJune 24, 2016
KCTCS is very focused on the students and improving their quality of life through education. This is done by affordability and access.
Pros
Student Focused
Cons
Lacks stability for the employee
Cisco CCNA Instructor
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJuly 21, 2014
Great Job working with students that are eager to learn. the classroom atmosphere is upbeat and always fun. The hardest part of that job was to be well prepared for questions that would always head my way. The most enjoyable was to see students graduate and move on to productive employees in the community.
Wonderful place to work - I love it!
Learn on Demand Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Versailles, KYApril 21, 2014
Wonderful place to work - I love it! The environment is comfortable and the staff is very nice. Depending on the area, schedules are flexible. The benefits and holiday off times are awesome. The hardest part of the job is that one person may have to do a 3 person job and the most enjoyable part is the freedom and flexibility.
Pros
Flexible schedule, great staff, holidays and benefits
Cons
No room for growth
Production driven workplace with excellent facilities and management. Lacking career opportunity.
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Versailles, KentuckyFebruary 21, 2014
KCTCS was an excellent entry position for me. The department leaders (directors) are top notch. That being said, they reward their high profile employees and overlook others. The facilities were excellent but the environment provided was standard cubicles, of which I was not a fan. The organization as a whole is among the best in the higher education business. However, I soon realized that there was little room for growth in my marketing assistant role and the work load could have easily kept two full time employees busy.
Pros
Leadership, benefits, opportunity to further education, facilities.
Cons
Workload, pay, room for career growth.
Large workload, little pay, unorganized supervisors
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYSeptember 4, 2013
Pay is very little. Management wants you to take on as many classes as possible and classes are jam packed. Deans will change your class schedule just weeks before classes begin and ask you to take on more work with no time to prepare. In addition, you have a lot of other responsibilities other than class work. The hardest part of the job is that some of the students are disrespectful and the supervisors will not back you up; therefore, students run the show. My coworkers were some really great hardworking people.
Pros
Great coworkers!
Cons
Pay is little, students are allowed to run all over you.
pay is horrible for education and experience required
employee (Current Employee) –  kentuckyJuly 30, 2013
The faculty make less than the students do when they graduate and are not appreciated, go without raises for years
Disorganized, avoid
Work and Learn Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cynthiana, KYJanuary 11, 2013
Disorganized college system. My son used to hold this position. The Director of this program is rude, unprofessional and out of touch with her staff. Direct Supervisor will be off campus at Maysville. Though friendly staff at Cynthiana Campus, the college is disorganized, position is not permanent and pays very little. Avoid!!
Cons
director
Great Place to Work
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, KentuckySeptember 3, 2012
Outstanding institution. It is a privlege to work here. Excellent work atmosphere and great management.
Wonderful employees/ great work environment, can see successes
Grants Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Versailles, KentuckyMay 30, 2012
problem solver, liason between sponsors and community college on individual grants, working knowledge of do/dont's for each sponsor, invoicing based on allowable costs per sponsor, analyzing data/accounting info for allowable costs, making corrections/journals, advising managers on allowable costs/questionable costs,
Pros
good working environment, wonderful employees
Cons
advancement opportunities limited