Kentucky State University

Kentucky State University Employer Reviews

can be boring at time but easy job
Building Assistant (Former Employee), Frankfort, KYMay 31, 2014
Pros: you can chill and do homework, go to lunch whenever you want, pick the hours of the day you want to work
Cons: no benefits, you have to be a student at the college, most of the money don't go to you
Mostly sitting around and dealing with students who don't want to follow the rules. You sit at a desk for about 4 to 5 hours a day for 4 or 5 days. Coworkers won't show up to work when hours are assigned.
Nice People
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Frankfort, KYMay 20, 2014
I have had the pleasure of working with some incredible people and students. Each day is different; it may either be a good day or a bad day. A lot of improvements need to be in organizing and communication.
Fun Job.
Building Assistant (Former Employee), Frankfort, KYApril 29, 2014
I worked in Kentucky Hall for two years and I enjoyed it. It was nice to work where I lived and also be able to assist my fellow residents.
Great Knowledge gained from College
Marketing Campaigns (Former Employee), 400 E. Main St Frankfort KYApril 14, 2014
University Curriculum helped me gain these skills not a job
Ideal for working to assist student needs.
Office Manager/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Frankfort, KYJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: work schedule
Cons: the nepotism
The student body is the perfect size to fit in without falling through the cracks.
Engaging and productive place to work.
Student Manager (Former Employee), Frankfort, KYJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: attended several events hosted by the office of student life, such as seminars, career fairs, and luncheons.
Cons: n/a
While working for the Office of Student life on the Campus of Kentucky State University, I was able to complete my assignments that were given to me earlier in the day by my professors, while not busy at work of course. This job allowed students to work in several offices/positons throughtout the university and complete their work while at work if no – more... other work is needed to be done while on the job at that moment. This was called workstudy.

My immediate supervisors were very undertanding and kind. The work environment was very laid back, but professional. The most enjoyable aspect of this job was that I dealt, and interacted with my classmates and other students and alumni of the university while at work. – less
good
Office assistant (Former Employee), Frankfort, KYDecember 18, 2013
Office assistant
Kentucky State University. Frankfort, Kentucky
Run different errands for office workers
Assist students with filling out absence from class forms
Responsible for filing office documents
Performed data entry
Small Farm Program a great place to start.
Small Farm Program Assistant (Current Employee), Frankfort, KYDecember 18, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule, lots of leave within the first year, great retirement
Cons: expensive health care, limited training
Typically the work day goes for 8-4:30 and I was asked to do anything for clerical work to community program planning, to mentoring college students. I learned al lot about grant writing and working in an acedemic setting. You have to learn a lot on your feet becase there is very little training provided and you have to figure out a lot on your own – more... regarding university protocol and on the gob expectations. At times I was frustrated with the lack of job performance feedback from supervisors but i did seek out the information on how to improve job function and there is very little opportunity for advancement. I really enjoyed working with small farmers and programming to help them become successful producers. Overall this job is an excellent way to be introduced into extension and small farming to see if it is what you really enjoy – less
Stable work place with television in the lobby
Desk Assistant/Building Assistant (Former Employee), Frankfort, KYJuly 4, 2013
Pros: helped with school tuition
Cons: took to long to get paid
A typical day at work consist of sitting at the desk and signing residents, while moving bags into rooms and moving furniture around on occasion. I have learned that if there is no communication between employee and boss the job won't get done as efficient as needed. The management helped when needed and always was there when needed. Co-workers are – more... co-workers complained but never spoke up because nothing never was done about any problem that came up. The hardest part of the job was working without anything to do for the day.
The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I could talk and meet new people daily. – less
Had fun working at kentucky state university
Manager (Former Employee), Frankfort, KYMay 8, 2013
Pros: travel, free food, benefits
a typical day at work was normal. i did what i had to do and got it finished on time. i learned organization in the work space. my co-workers were fun to work with. the enjoyable part of the job was traveling with the team.
Good Dept to work for.
Campus Police Officer (Former Employee), Frankfort, KYJanuary 25, 2013
Pros: small dept, you know who your working with.
Cons: advancement in rank can be slow
Good place to work and to continue education. The area covered is small and is easy to learn. Working with a large cultural diveristy that makes it a great place to learn different life styles.
Learned quite a bit about artifacts from various countries.
Office Support (Former Employee), Frankfort, KY 40601January 15, 2013
Pros: met a great deal of friends while working at ksu.
Cons: not enough hours earned, and the contract ended too soon.
Great place to work and meet new people; also able to acquire some great friendships while attending the University.
Not focused on the students
Hall Manager (Former Employee), Frankfort, KYNovember 7, 2012
Kentucky State University is a great school with great programs and great students. Higher administration is only focused on profit and have forgotten the foundation that HBCU's were built on, education for the black community.
Entry level position
Hall Director (Current Employee), Frankfort, KYMay 24, 2012
Pros: great benefits
Cons: no advancement opportunities
Only HBCU in Ky
Tough work environment
Working with people of different classes and ethnicities
A great place to work
Building Assistant (Former Employee), Frankfort, KYMay 24, 2012
Being a building assistant was a great learning experience. I had to remember a lot of names, maintain building safety and do some janitorial work. I learned to deal with different people on many diferent levels. My co-workers were fun people to work with because even though we enjoyed each others company work always came first. What I liked most about – more... the job is the fact I had the ability to teach new employees. – less
typical busy student
Halloween Activities Volunteer (Former Employee), Frankfort, KYMay 19, 2012
Busy class and work-study schedule every year, with challenging course work
Great place to be
I.T. worker (Current Employee), Frankfort, KYMay 9, 2012
A day at work consists of alot of things, you service people, you fix and install computers remains clean. I learned how to be a better people person, and how to keep a successful and clean environment. The co-workers are fun to be around. The hardest part on of the job would have to be getting all of the right codes together, and the most enjoyable – more... would be seeking the smile on the faculty members face. – less
Loved being a RA in school.
Resident Advisor (Former Employee), Frankfort, KYMarch 21, 2012
Pros: just loved being a ra and had a single room ..
Cons: didnt attend alot of events because of being a ra.
Loved dealing with the students and parents and just being around in the dorm and in school.