Kentucky State University Employee Reviews

Teaching at KSU
Full Time 40 Hrs/Wk (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, KYFebruary 1, 2017
I was the acting chairman in the Computer Science and technology division at this university.
I taught courses in Physics, Mathematics, Computer Sciences, and Engineering at this institution.
Second time around
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT III (post-retirement) (Current Employee) –  Frankfort, KY 40601December 8, 2016
I have worked for three presidents at Kentucky State University (KSU). I am very proud to have graduated from Kentucky State University.

I returned to KSU in 2015 after enjoying some of my retirement in 2010. My typical day involves greeting students, answering the telephone, file management duties, typing correspondence, preparing travel authorizations/vouchers, purchase requisitions, addressing the needs of the faculty, working directly with the chairman of the department and any other duties as assigned. My day is full, face paced and never dull. This is an area that requires extreme multi-tasking.

The hardest part of the job is getting others to do their job which makes my job a lot easier.

The most enjoyable part of the job is making sure that students are treated with dignity and respect and that I help them succeed in their chosen career field.
Pros
I love the interaction with people.
Cons
No structure - too much transition - administration too top heavy
Productive and lively
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Frankfort, KYDecember 2, 2016
I had fun being a student here. Teachers are great and supportive. Its a small town, near by all kind of important things one would need. Its also affordable.
good stuff
Chemistry Lab Assistant & Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, KYNovember 23, 2016
nice people and places, good overall veel of nevironemonental services. nice HR and SDS services.
Good financial aid and assistance from part time job through professors stipend/12$ na hour tutorship/part time assistant in lab.
Lab Assistant
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, KYJuly 26, 2016
I had a great experience in the lab. I learned a lot of lab procedures and did a lot of research. I was a graduate student at the time and helped familiarize undergrads with lab procedures and rules. I made presentation where I presented my findings from my research and traveled to scientific conferences.
The work environment is good.
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Frankfort, KYJune 6, 2016
My department is small and we all work hard to make sure the organic agriculture department continues to run. The hardest part is that we do not have enough hands and a lot of things to do. The most enjoyable part of the job is that we all have a sense of humor so it makes the day go by easier.
Love the campus setting
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Frankfort, KYMay 4, 2016
Love the atmosphere and the staff. Faculty is strong and very good leaders. They are caring and want nothing but the best for the students.
Pros
Students
Challenged
Student Records Assistant-Registrar (Current Employee) –  Frankfort, KYMarch 8, 2016
Pretty tough environment, you don't know if your gonna have a job hour to hour. Or of you going to be reprimanded for things you did not do.
Learning Experience
Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, KYFebruary 17, 2016
On to better opportunities we learn from every job experience good or bad. Take the good with the bad in order to take this experience and grow professionally.
great experience
Head Coach (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, KYJanuary 26, 2016
Long hours and must have will to improve the culture. Could prove to be a gold mine if people work together collectively and have sound leadership.
Pros
Great kids.
Cons
Fragmented leadership
Ok
Residence Hall Manager (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, KYSeptember 24, 2015
Check your emails, address concerns of residents, place work orders, attend meetings, manage at least 10 student workers.
Pros
Free lunch, no rent or utilities, mentoring students
Unorganized No Structure & Stressful Work Place
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  CampusAugust 25, 2015
When I first started working at KY State University it was an enjoyable place to work. 21 years later its stress-filled, managers who don't know the history of the university yet have been put in place to "manage". The hardest part of the job is coming to work. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting off work.
digital productions
Camera Operator (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, KYJuly 15, 2015
I loved everything about this position. It just made me love my field even more and more. The most memorable was hosting my first show at Kentucky State University, such an great feeling.
Pros
everything was great
Cons
nothing was bad ever.
University Rebuilding
Admissions Counselor/Campus Tour Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Frankfort, KYJuly 15, 2015
Kentucky State University is undergoing a number of new changes. The university has just received a new administration and going through a major shift. The best part about KSU is the student body and the energy that comes from them to the administration.
A great place to find excellent employees
KSU Employee (Current Employee) –  Frankfort, KYJuly 7, 2015
The people who do the work at KSU are fantastic, friendly and knowledgeable. The management of this institution, however, leaves it's employees in the dark about every aspect of change. Often times people with little to no qualifications or knowledge about the company's history are brought in, often times, without allowing internal candidates to apply for newly created jobs.
Student Researcher
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, KYJune 30, 2015
I worked with my professor and it was a knowledgeable experience. We worked on food safety lab work and completed the data needed.
KSU Bursar
COORDINATOR COLLECTIONS & CASH (Former Employee) –  KYJune 24, 2015
No training.
No assistance with computer/software issues
The rules change daily and the turnover rate is astronomical compared to other Universities.
Pros
Vacation Time/Holidays
HBCU Pride
Internship (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, KYMay 7, 2015
Diversified my life goals exponentially.
Distance from hometown forced inner growth outward.
Comprehend the work life battle better on any given campus.
Good tech enviroment
IT Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, KYApril 23, 2015
A place where you could actually thrive and have them let you run off doing your own thing. You felt freedom in the department and feeling it was not overwhelming. Had a sense that you would be happily working here for a long time.
Kentucky State University!!!!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, KYApril 9, 2015
- data entry / answering phones
- helpong students with various issues around campus
- interacting and getting to know the students on a personal and professional level
- being a positive role model and someone the students could look up to

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kentucky State University. Our community is ready to answer.

Kentucky State University Reviews by Location