Kenworth of South Florida Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Lots of opportunity to learn new stuff
Network Administrator / IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Homestead to Fort PierceDecember 30, 2014
As an IT Manager I am responsible for a Truck Dealership with five locations. It is a very fascinating job. I learned a lot about the trucking industry, but more importantly the software packages and console the technicians’ uses to run diagnostics on those trucks. A typical day for me is to run diagnostics on the network, make sure all our hardware/Software is working with their optimum capacity. Answer emails, contact with vendors in person or over the phone. I had an opportunity to setup and configured a new 2012 server with VMware.
That was fun to setting up AD, DHCP Scope, VPN, Migrating all the users to the new AD. Creating three Virtual servers with VMware, and able to managed them remotely, make my job stress free. I have the pleasured of working with some great individuals, some of them I considered friends. Management is very supportive, and allows me to flourish, and do what I do best.
Pros
Company car
Cons
too much driving
Negative environment to be around.
Warehouse/Parts Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLNovember 24, 2013
Working here made me feel less important then I have ever felt at a company. Very unprofessional how I was spoken to and treated.
Told during the interview process how they wanted someone to train me for the parts area only to never be given that opportunity yet, I asked repeatedly to be cross trained in other areas.
Pros
Hours were good, I was employed, got along great with the mechanics, customers, and different freight company workers
Cons
Lied to repeatedly, Unprofessional language by manager towards employees and customers, treated unfairly