Kenworth Employee Reviews

Divertido
Driver (Former Employee) –  OperadorNovember 8, 2017
Muy buena muy bien trato fue aqui en kenworth mexicana
Kenworth was a good job
Tool Repair Machinist (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJune 5, 2017
Lack of orders caused the plan to cut staff bye 1/3, I was 1 of three in my department and low man on seniority, the cut was made and i was laid off.
Pros
Good clean work environment
Cons
Lack of truck sales slow production at our plant
Okay Company
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 23, 2017
Great company to work for the most part. My main concern was how minority people were treated at the company! The great thing about the company I that you didn't have to wait a full year to take a vacation. You acuminated over time. Also you received bonuses and were able to move up quickly. I received 3 promotions in a 2 month period
Pros
Promotion/Vacation Pay
Cons
Good Ole Boy Network
Fast pace
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHMarch 8, 2017
I started working at Kenworth after I got laid off from abx air and after I finished HVACR school.It was a pretty good job,the pay was pretty good.i didn't like how they moved employees around
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Unfair job bidding
Fleet Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAFebruary 19, 2017
Working for Kenworth was an awesome experience unfortunately I was given the opportunity to work for this company at a time in my life when I was experiencing some severe medical problems. The company was completely understanding, but I ended up having to leave for medical reasons.
Overall pretty good place to work.
Cleaned up the shop after the mechanics (Janitor) (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAFebruary 7, 2017
Kenworth is a good place to work. They are friendly people who are good at their job. They offer good benefits. The pay is good. The hours are great. You have weekends off and you're home for supper.
Pros
hour breaks
Good team environment, pay, benefits and well run company
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Seattle/Renton, WashingtonOctober 8, 2016
The work day started at 6:30 and we worked until 3:00, but if you wanted to work overtime, you could sign up for it and some guys very nearly (or did) double their yearly wages by doing this. In all of my years with Kenworth, learned a lot about the heavy duty truck industry and how much little things can mean in the overall scheme of things. One particularly impressive thing was that when something happened to compromise safety, the plant engineers would design (with worker input) a guard, jig or some other gadget that needed to be removed before task completion to help ensure that whatever had happened couldn't happen again. On the whole, Kenworth was the best run company I've ever worked for. Our management was generally good, although sometimes we would get a bad apple or two who gummed up the works at times. For the most part, the same applied to co-workers, although due to the union, they were much harder to get rid of when they were bad. The hardest part of the job day to day was the very fast pace. My fastest speeds generally weren't up to the task, although I did my assigned tasks to the best of my ability. The best parts of the job for me however, was getting to see something I had worked on driving down the highway and meeting customers on plant tours. Customers came from around the country to see their trucks being built and seeing that look of wonder and amazement on their faces was priceless. Sometimes, a man would bring his wife and kids along too and that for me was always a joy and made me realize that for each and every truck that came down the line,  more... whether I saw them or not, there were similar expectant customers on the other end of the delivery chain waiting for their ultimate ride.  less
Pros
Good pay, good work environment, pride of workmanship.
Cons
Very fast pace and the unfortunately frequent layoffs.
Good work life balance
Assembly Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHSeptember 27, 2016
The hours and pay are excellent, with a great work life balance. I enjoyed working with this company. No mandatory overtime with a schedule of Mon - Friday. Frequent layoffs.
Loved everything except getting laidoff!!!
Paint Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHSeptember 14, 2016
Great place to work! Great pay, work eight hours, overtime is voluntary, and they have great health benefits compared to other companies I've worked for.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Job security
Assembly Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHFebruary 5, 2016
Excellent Company to work for because of the salary and the great benefits that they have. Everyone gets along and it makes for a good job to go to everyday.
Nice place to work
Associate Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAJanuary 31, 2016
Typical day consist of designing parts, attending meetings, working with suppliers and other coworkers.
I learned a great deal about the automotive process and the requirements.
Management is nice.
Hardest part was trying to decided the proper material to use.
The most enjoyable was the design work
Pros
Nice atmoshpere, good training
Cons
Work hours
Hard, but rewarding work
Assembly Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHNovember 13, 2015
I worked here as a temporary summer helper. I learned many small things, like how to attach an air bag suspension to a truck frame, but I also learned bigger more important skills like how to work as a team, patience, how to work under pressure, and that even small seemingly meaningless tasks are important and make a difference. I learned how to work efficiently and safely in a new work environment. I worked really hard, the job wasn't easy, but I think it was rewarding, we helped make about 80 top-of-the-line semi trucks everyday. Now I have a better idea what goes into assembly line work, and how things are made.
Proyect Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mexico, MOOctober 14, 2015
a typical day at work is me working on Continuous improvement along with my teammates in a very healthy and friendly work environment
Good compensation, Poor employer/employee relations
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OhioApril 21, 2015
Working for Kenworth was good for me financially, but not much else. This company cares much more about their bottom line than the employees safety and do little to get the employees to enjoy their work. They treat the lower level employees horrible and treat every assembly line worker like they are beneath them.
Pros
Benefits and Pay
Cons
Poor relations with management
liked working with the staff and customers
Business Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Elko,NVApril 17, 2015
Did daily cash paperwork and took deposits to bank, scanned old documents into the AS400 system for filing, was learning how to do the payroll for the mechanics.
Mainly on rtd buses
DI ESEL TRUCK MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  DENVER COApril 30, 2014
It was good to work because that time all the buses were old and gives you time to work on them
Partsman (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDOctober 24, 2013
Always busy and accomplishing something. A nice showroom with lots of friendly knowledgable people.
Materials Planner (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAAugust 20, 2013
Not a fun place to work, it was all about the job and nothing in between
Pros
Working in the Union
Cons
Stay Union otherwise they will make you life miserable
extremely fast paced
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Vernal, UTApril 13, 2013
A typical day of work consist of coming in looking on the board and see what job you have been assigned to and doing it. I learned how to overhaul a cat engine and a cummins.
proffesional work invironment
Internship (Former Employee) –  west valley,utMarch 28, 2013
Very organized and well set company. Lots of different mechanics with good diesel experience. A lot of learning and fast paced work.