Keolis

Keolis Employee Reviews

I like working in the bus operations center
Bus Operations Center Supervisor (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 25, 2015
I like what I do. I am not happy with my shift.I manage the bus operators concerns,brake downs,detours. I like the people I work with. My job is very stressful making sure all calls are answered in a timely and professional manner.
Productive company
Safety Officer (Current Employee), Boston, MAApril 14, 2015
Pros: Free lunch
Cons: Short breaks
Demanding work which helps you grow as an employee, some weeks have long hours. Typical day at work depends on your position, as a field worker I am in and out of the office. I work with some co-workers who stay in the office all day every day. I enjoy being diverse and able to do different job/tasks daily.
Boston is a great place to work and hang out.
SIGNAL MAINTAINER (Current Employee), Boston, MAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: I have been very lucky to work with the best bunch of guys, they really are my brothers..
Cons: the thought of another 7 winters especially like this last one is daunting at the very least
Keolis has only been running the commuter rail service since last July and the on time performance has been bad, mostly due to the brutal winter we just had so time will tell.
Constantly busy on the phones, fast paced environment, but it could get messy at times due to lack of respect towards management and cleanness.
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 13, 2015
Pros: pizza days, moderate cell phone use, internet use, half hour paid lunch.
Cons: 24/7 call center, no personal station, messy, micromanage.
Call center environment, consisted of 1 manager and 1 supervisor and 15 call center agents. I learned to be a leader, to work under
pressure and developed exceptional customer service skills, learned different softwares that we used to handle the different types of calls that we received, payroll and monthly reports system.
hardest part of the job was dealing with really rude clients and
citizens that we helped when they were stranded on the freeways.
What I enjoyed most was working early in the morning and being able to get out early before rush hour traffic.
Some call center agents didn't respect management and tardiness wasn't taken seriously.
great work place ,great staff
Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 7, 2015
overall great work environment..good pay enjoyed the opportunity to grow in the company.meet aot ofpossitive people
Productive work place
Human Resources Administrator (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 5, 2015
Keolis Transit America emphasizes a good quality of life for its employees. Understanding that healthy and happy employees are good employees, it has onsite fitness facilities, offers flexible work hours and provides other benefits that contribute to the wellbeing of its workforce.
....
Fleet Mechanic (Former Employee), Miami, FLOctober 28, 2014
Keolis is a compagnie headquate locate in california they provide fleet service,buses,trolleys
Fast pace work enviornment
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 22, 2014
Typical day in a call center. Management not sufficiant at all. No appreciation shown to employers. Enjoying my co workers makes it worth going, just to not let them down.
hiring as a fixed driver
transit driver (Former Employee), Naples, FLMarch 26, 2014
Pros: no pro in keolis...thats for sure!!!
Cons: liars, scammers
I moved to the area from 1100 miles away with the promise of a job. I was asked if I could start work the day after I got here. I was sooo excited. However, when I arrived a new manager was hired who got VERY nasty with me and said none of what I was saying was the truth and that I was bothering his assistant..... People just don't care. This guy (new Manager) will get his....I hope I am within ear shot to hear of his demise. People think they can get by with treating others like garbage.....I have watched in my lifetime how "what goes around comes around." It might take 20 years....but it WILL come back on him. Can you imagine the delima I was in....but thank God I found a job.
fun enviroment
Dispatcher / Driver (Current Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: great teamwork
typical day at work answering phones, dealing with customers and monitoring gps screens.
What was the goal?
Para Transit Vehicle Operator (Former Employee), Long Beach, CaliforniaDecember 4, 2013
Pros: was part of effort to get union repesentation; unified effort.
Cons: keolis closed the long beach operation.
The work would have been a rewarding experience except that the company appeared to fall into 3 common mistakes that all companies that fail experience. They are the following:
*POOR training
*BAD execution
*AWFUL communication

The last, communication, is crucial.

After working for the Postal Service 34 1/2 years I learned that communication, by whatever medium, is crucial to the success of any business.

I would say the most enjoyable part of the job was greeting the passengers with a "welcome aboard" or "bienvenidos".
It has its days
Bus Driver (Current Employee), Long Beach CANovember 2, 2013
Pros: mon through fri job
Cons: closing down
Overall no complaints, this job taught me to be a great leader however with management failed to comply with the union, but greatest part of the job was my clients especially my special needs clients
Productive enviroment with out going co-workers
Radio Dispatch Supervisor (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 20, 2013
Keolis is a positive environment filled with out going, willing to learn, helpful people.
Loved working and assisting people, always meeting new passengers, a great place to work.
Paratransit Bus Operator (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJuly 31, 2013
The most enjoyable part of my day was transporting my passengers to their destination safely. The hardest part of my job was taking on more scheduled pick ups due to other operators calling off their shift and maintaining my scheduled deliveries on time.
New to Las Vegas still unsettled.
Safety and Training Supervisor (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 25, 2013
Pros: great people to work with, great company to work for.
Cons: retirement benefits, low pay, long 50-60 hour work weeks.
Training new operators to safetly operate a fleet of different coaches, 40', 60', Double Decker and BRT coaches. The best thing that I've learned is how to deal with different personalities on and off the job to enclude the public and provide outstanding customer service. Management and my co-workers are all great. The hardest part of my job is to not have the tool needed to complete a task. The most enjoyable part of my job is to be able to help new operators and co-workers achieve goals that they thought they couldn't reach.
new career
Dispatcher (Current Employee), Fresno, CAJuly 18, 2013
I missed driving. I want to drive not sit in office. office work is not for me anymore
Family Oriented Environment.
Reporting Clerk (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAApril 22, 2013
Pros: making a difference
Cons: working holidays
A typical day at work for this job would start checking messages and emails, returning phone calls, maybe routing a new client , adjusting the schedules, doing data entry, supporting dispatch, taking phone calls about schedules or speaking to a social worker about a client, sometimes listening to drivers and trying to help them with situations as a liaison between them and our customers.
What I learned at this job is customer service there are some people who need more attention and as a person on the other end of the line we have to be more attentive, especially when dealing with the mentally – more... and physically disabled. One must have to try to help and understand the needs of a customer and try to make them feel comfortable enough to express themselves and then try to solve their problem to the best of our ability.
Management is there for guidance when needed for situations you may need an expert opinion or advice or just authorization but the person in this position must try to resolve and take charge when the situation arrives.
My coworkers are a team that are very versatile no matter what challenge we face alone we always seemed to overcome together.
The hardest part of the job is making the hard line between working and going home sometimes there are long hours.
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people knowing that some one is depending on you for transportation so when you do your job your making their life that much better and when they call and say thank you its the best. Another good part of the job is the different people you meet and get to work with there is great diversity and the job is never boring. – less
A job with high responsibility and variaty.
Bus Driver (Current Employee), Stockholm, MEMarch 8, 2013
Cons: healthcare
You start with a smile and keep smiling troughout the day, I´ve learned that harmony and joy is the best follower in this line of work and the truth is that it comes very easy for me. I have no problems in relations whit management nor co-workers, actually it´s quet the opposite, people tend to come asking me for advice about anything.
The most enjoyable part of the job is always when you can help someone more than expected.
Ambiente Laboral Dinamico
Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: algunas veces un poco extresante pero con facilidad de manejo
Faciliadad Laboral en el Manejo de Clientees y Optimismo y Seguridad de Trabajo

Keolis Salaries

Bus Driver
$11.75 per hour
Administrative Coordinator
$15.50 per hour

Keolis Photos

Photo from South towards North off the 6th Street off ramp.