Kepro Employee Reviews

Cm appeals review nurse
Case Manager APPEALS REVIEW NURSE (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 12, 2017
This is one of my favorite jobs as a nurse never worked for people who are so supportive when family issues arise the willingness to assist schedule wise had been amazing I've been there for a year and remain happy with the job and compensation
Pros
SUPPORT
Cons
WEEKEND/HOLIDAY WORK
Excellent company and leadership team
Sr. HR Business Partner, Org Dev (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAFebruary 10, 2017
Best group of people I have ever worked with in my career. I would recommend KEPRO to anyone. I became more well rounded and effective
Pros
Growth, challenging to make you better. Great people.
Cons
None at all
Supervisor, Review Support (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 17, 2017
KEPRO is very flexible in the balancing of job work/life. I was promoted when I switched to this QIO from the previous QIO and then promoted again within a year after that.
Pros
job work/life balance
Cons
communication/benefits
Dynamic Company in The HealthCare Management Sector
Human Resource Benefits Administrator (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAAugust 17, 2016
Great Company to work for with opportunities for advancement , personal growth and co workers that make a great team that is willing to share their knowledge and experience.
The QOC chart review is never boring. My knowledge base was expanded as far as the written word, as well as understanding the inside work of different
nurse reviewer (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 18, 2016
The process begins when an electronic record is assigned to me. That record needs to be assessed for completion. Once verified is complete, the review begins by reading the record and identifying care that deviates from the national standards. Once that is completed, a written summary is sent to the Peer Physician Reviewer who determines whether or not that standard was met. During the day I may receive calls from Medicare beneficiaries inquiring about the results of the review. I write inquiring letters to the provider when is believed the standard of care may have not been met, or/and to provide them with results of the review. This description above may take more than a day, but it represents the type of activity I may encounter in a day.
Needs better managment
Review Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 3, 2016
Needs better management,and better benefit package sick time and personal days off. Pay is fair but there are not incentives to stay very log.
An experience unlike any other work experienc that I've had.
Nurse Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Home BasedJanuary 5, 2016
Very disorganized and had very littled guidance with the contract we were working with. Numerous management staff changes making the work situation very difficult.
Pros
Only a four year contract.
Cons
A very long four year contract
Worse company EVER
Utilization review (Former Employee) –  OKAugust 23, 2015
Job quotas are unreasonable, questionable management practices, not KEPRO but KRAPO. Do not work here, perhaps serving burgers would be a better option, at least you'd be proud of what you do.
Pros
Work from home and adequate pay
Cons
no management support.NO idea from management what they are asking you to do
Worst company I have worked for in 35 years.
Beneficiary Review Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 23, 2015
Program Director recruits management based on her clique rather than on their credibility. She treats staff as production pieces rather than people. Beneficiary Dept management are nasty, unethical and have very sensitive egos. They are clueless regarding how to lead and manage effectively. Leadership think they are competent but high staff turnover proves them otherwise. Cannot understand why employees stay and put up with it. Other companies acknowledge employee respect and dignity.
One would regret pursuing employment with Kepro.
Pros
Short commute.
Cons
Management/leadership are unethical and have no work morales. Not enough staff. Morale is zero.
Challenges
Employee (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAFebruary 18, 2015
The management of this office was challenging to say the least. However, experience has shown me that this type of dysfunction is typical in much of corporate America. Micromanagement, poor communication and secretive, closed door management is very dehumanizing to staff. It has taken a few months for my professional confidence to return after working here for only 18 months. Some staff members are the epitome of "Mean Girls" at an adult level and get away with this type of behavior. Executive leadership is completely out of touch with satellite offices, and recent "rebranding" was a complete internal failure due to overall company culture, and was the exact opposite of my experience with this company.
Pros
work from home option; good networking opportunity
Cons
Poor office culture; micromanagement; sneaky
Review Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 6, 2015
The work environment is a calm and very productive atmosphere. The people are pleasant to get along with and the management team is willing to help out in any way of that they can to ensure that everyone is on the same level in customer satisfaction.
benefits
benefits
Beware
worker (Former Employee) –  Independence, OhioAugust 26, 2014
Don't expect to make a career out of this place. They will fire you at the drop of a hat for no reason. They have become well known for their "revolving" door.

Management is very poor. One in particular is young and inexperienced and only received the promotion because of who she "knows".
Pros
pay is not all that bad
Cons
sneaky management hides behind closed doors
Not anything I would do again
Staff (Former Employee) –  OhioAugust 21, 2014
Vindictive and mean. Poor people skills. Managers don't care about staff. Stressful place to work. Lots of "secrets" from staff. No work life balance.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
very political
flexible
Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 23, 2014
great flexible company. good opportunity. very cooperative team.
Poor training and job secuity
Nurse Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 13, 2014
If you work for Kepro in Ohio, they can fire you at anytime with no just cause.

Their training is horrible to almost non existent. They expect you to know their programs even though you haven't been taught. Only apply if you are very fluent in computers and MS Programs.

Other employees in same position were friendly and helpful.
Cons
Poor management and training.
awful place to work for
review assistant (Current Employee) –  cleveland ohioJanuary 11, 2014
If you are really in need of a job then I would say yes as a last resort, the pay is descent.The management is horrible,there is no organized training. No team work and they treat you like garbage. Some if the people were nice and the work is not hard .The atmosphere is laid back but other than that don't waste your time.
Pros
eat at your desk.
Cons
30 min lunch...10 min break...heavy word.. a boss who is under 23
Awesome
Provider Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 9, 2013
If it weren't for the lay off I would have stayed there. Great place to work however at times it can be stressful.
Relaxed atmosphere
Contracted Utilization Nurse Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJune 17, 2013
Reviewed and interpreted patient records and compared using Interqual and MCG criteria to determine medical necessity and appropriateness of care; determined if the plan of care was followed in a timely manner and that the medical record documentation supported the delivery of quality care

CONTRACTED POSITION
Fast paced call center; local staff worked well together
PATIENT SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 24, 2012
Fast paced call center processing incoming calls from members, hospitals and physician offices. Determine needs of each call and process accordingly by sending inquiries to member and/or provider services, collecting demographic information, transferring appropriate callers to nursing staff. Following patient through hospital stay, verifying discharge and extended stays.
Pros
this was continuation of a contract for previous employer, local staff worked well together, and the client appreciated our efforts.
Cons
little communication from management staff, little support
Imaging reviewer
Imaging Clinical Reviewer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 25, 2012
Review medical imaging cases for medical necessity. I have gained a stronger knowledge of many illness and how advanced imaging can aid in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kepro. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8