Kern Behavioral Health And Recovery Services

Kern Behavioral Health And Recovery Services Employee Reviews

The Most Enjoyable Part of the Job and the Hardest Part of the Job
Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 22, 2017
Most Enjoyable: Working with a diverse range of clients who are evidencing a wide range of symptoms and a variety of needs to be reflected in the treatment and services provided to them. The days are interesting and fast-paced.

Hardest Part of the Job:

Being overwhelmed by a caseload of clients that exceed 90 individuals with minimal clerical support and insufficient resources including a computer system that frequently does not work, inadequate supplies, and copiers that break down frequently.
Job Security
Mental Health Therapist I (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 2, 2017
I love what I do but wish the management was more about the quality of service not the quantity of service. Something I feel like they do not really understand what we do on a day to day basis and wished they showed their appreciation more to increase job moral.
Pros
job security
Cons
don't feel like the management understands us
Mental Health Therapist 1 (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CA 93309May 15, 2017
It is a place where you can build your experience in the Mental Health Field. The atmosphere allows you to interact with client on a one to one basis. The services provided are client centered.
Pros
Cons
Not applicable
Volunteer position
Volunteer Phone Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 7, 2017
I was hired to this position from a volunteer position, and I have never looked back. It is an honor to work with such amazing, compassionate people. I am blessed to be a part of it.
Pros
compassion
Cons
stress
Learn something new every week, lots of cross training!
Office Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 19, 2017
Checking in patients, helping write grant proposals, or performing admin duties. This job changes almost weekly. Because this is a county job everything flows thru one central hub and although you have supervisors at your site they're at the behest of upper level management. Very fun place to work. Loved meeting new people and even getting to know the regular on office ones.
Pros
Job security and great benefits
Cons
Busy days
its a career job
excellent customer service (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 5, 2017
Its a nice place to have a career. my work place was a place like home. they made me feel at home and we worked as a team. we helped each other out. Shared our work space and we worked out great.
Productive and Challenging
Office Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 14, 2017
Being mental health, you never really know if the employees are mentally capable or not. Although working there was not horrible it came with difficult situations, overall the work was not challenging. it was great place for experience.
Pros
Spring Fling and Winter Warmer, Temporary and Full-Time Available
Cons
Admin is tough
Proudctive and calm work space
Office Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 19, 2017
A typical day working for mental health was a routine, you go and check the interoffice mail, check your daily emails for any instructions for any task that needs to be completed. This place was by far my favorite place to wake up and go to work, I learned so much from my co workers, Management was awesome the communication was there which is very important to succeed in anything that you may do in life. The most enjoyable part of job is that I learned a lot about mental illness in children, and I had my own work space and phone line,it was real professional.
Pros
set schedule, had time for my family, great co workers
Cons
no cons
Phoneix house
Mental Health Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 28, 2016
Their company needs better management. Yet working children who are at risk and incarcerated is awesome and very rewarding.
Pros
working to help the youth
Cons
better managment
Office Support
Office Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 21, 2016
Trained to run supervisor's daily report from Anasazi computer system before morning clinical staff meeting. Vehicles- take vehicles to the garage for service when maintenance notification are received. Gas and wash county care; make copies and send to personnel. Assembled agenda packets, attended meeting and take minutes, distribute meeting minutes to appropriate individuals. Crossed trained for Youth wraparound team until (they were able to hire their own Office Service Technician). Open and close charts, order supplies, and Out of County billing through Anasazi backdoor billing- entered out of county claims.
Pros
Great experience which were very challenging, but I did a great job.
Cons
Supervisor weren't very pleasant when I first start and they were very rude.
Great and friendly working environment
Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 20, 2016
Enjoy working with all staff members. I learned to comprehend about the stigma of mental health. Management staff was very understanding with your personal and professional life. They most enjoyable part of this job is seeing how well client progress and look for a solution to their condition.
Great Experience
Marriage and Family Therapist Intern (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 25, 2016
This job has given me a lot of experience in diagnosing, assessments, treatment plans, and learning more about anxiety and depression as well as substance abuse/use.
Being able to communicate and learn different ways to apply methods that can correspond to different behavior modifications.
volunteer (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 30, 2015
Enjoyable work place. If you are going to be a psychologist or anything that deals with helping others physically and mentally, it helps you increase the knowledge that is required to improve the skills that are needed for your career.
Pros
learn how to modify different behaviors
Cons
Being just a volunteer
Very educational workspace
INTERN (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 28, 2015
This work site introduced me to new thing that I didn't know about dating violence, drugs, alcohol and educating the youth.
I enjoyed working with the Clients.
Recovery Specialist-Lead (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 30, 2015
A typical day was either seeing Clients at the hospital or taking them to their Doctors appointments. I learned that every Client is giving and caring. The management needed to know more about the different cultures. I enjoyed working with my co-workers. The hardest part of my job setting boundaries. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing I'm able to change a Client's life.
Pros
It was good hours.
Cons
Not having a Mental Health Day.
Excellent career
Recovery Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 28, 2015
Great schedule, management teams, and environment. There is a lot of room for advancement within this agency and the compensation is excellent
The Starting Point
Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 24, 2014
this was a hard place to work at...my coworkers were all trying to outdo one another, the access center was totally unorganized and needed to be reinvented. The hardest part of this job was hearing all the sad, sad stories. Then most enjoyable part of this job was watching their lives change for the better with the help that we provided then and now.
Many different teams to work in with Adults and children.
Recovery Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 21, 2014
Worked on the computer a lot as well as drove to patients homes to check in on them to see how they are doing and make enough time to write notes on the days events. I've learned a lot with working in many different teams. Most notably that my Spanish Skill are needed in this field. All of my past managers have been very helpful while working at KCMH. The hardest part was working with patients that didn't accept the help and wanted you to just accept them for who they are. Now the most enjoyable part of the job was that I worked with many differet types of people, weather they are co-workers or patients, it's all enjoyable.
Pros
Getting to work with many different types of people, hours at work and having good relationships.
Cons
Lots of work to do in one day.
Productive work place with top information and resources.
College Level Intern (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 6, 2014
Co-workers are all amazingly friendly and take the time out to show you what needs to be done.
Great place to work. Looked forward to going to work every single day
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 1, 2014
Everyday was a new experience for me. I learned many new things under the supervision of my supervisor.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kern Behavioral Health And Recovery Services. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4