Kern Community College District

Kern Community College District Employer Reviews

A job
Tutor (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAMarch 24, 2014
Had to go through stringent hiring practices to get the job.
Co workers very helpful and make working there a pleasure.
Swap Meet Worker (Former Employee), Porterville, CAMarch 20, 2014
Pros: free lunch.
Cons: the weather hot in the summer, cold in the winter.
A typical day at work, is taking the $1 gate fee per person. I worked with another person in the booth. I learned that the customers sometimes didn't always accept change of nickels and dimes. My co workers were a pleasure to work with, and made the work day a lot of fun.
Overworked and very stressful with no appreciation
classified (Former Employee), RidgecrestOctober 27, 2012
Pros: health benefits...good co workers
Cons: bad management.
Employees that have worked here for many years are getting axed in order to save money...and new hires come in to replace at half the pay and double the workload. Employees are expected to perform impossible feats at the lowest paid higher educational inst institution in Calif. And they put up with it due to bad job market in area. Employees are constantly – more... expected to work out of job duties and make decisions that management will later scrutinize for..although there is no one else around to decide. Employees live in fear of losing their jobs daily and manageman abuses that fact . Judgemental management that plays favorites. Management takes huge pay increases while letting go hard working faculty and classified who have the direct effect on students. Have no consideration for lives of employees or customers. – less
This place is a joke
Human Resource Assistant Dept Assist (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CASeptember 28, 2012
This place is a joke unless your over 50 and want to act like your in high school then this is the place for you to work at
Meet new people
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAJuly 19, 2012
When I would first get there I would review my duties and see what was needed to be done first. I would see what was more important to get it done first. I would file answer phones any labels or new folders I would do. Anything that the boss needed for me to get done for her I would assist her.
Challenging
Mailroom/Shipping Coordinator (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CAMay 14, 2012
Pros: educational institution
Cons: student's who don't take education seriously
Looking to advance within a company outside of Bakersfield