Kerr Drug Employee Reviews in United States

Great Place to work
Certified Compounding Technician (Current Employee) –  Indian Trail, NCDecember 29, 2015
Kerr Drug was a great place to work but was sold to Walgreens. They closed the store I worked at but went to work at the local Walgreens.
Being a Pharmacy Technician was an absolute joy with some challenges when dealing with insurance companies. I love interacting with the public.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hillsborough, NCJuly 9, 2015
With interacting with the consumer can be challenging and rewarding within itself. I worked with the some of the best customer service representatives in the business. I thoroughly enjoyed my employment with Kerr Drug, even on not so great days. The hardest part of my job was having to tell a person that their insurance would not cover their medicine.
Good management, opportunities to take on different tasks and even room to advance.
PHARMACY CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJune 19, 2015
I was Pharmacy Cashier. I ran the cash register at the pharmacy, handed out prescriptions to customers, took prescriptions from pharmacy and placed in bags and arranged them in alphabetical order.

Hardest part of the job was when a prescription could not be located.

The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with co-workers and customers.
Pros
Co-workers got along well, you stayed busy, you interacted directly people, helping with their medicines, the managers were great.
Cons
It could get very hectic at times, especially when an important prescription could not be located.
productive place to work and gain experience
night mgr/cashier (Former Employee) –  high point ncAugust 15, 2015
productive place to work gained a lot of experience as a mgr learned how to deal with customers and what to do with unruly customers
Wish they were still here
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJuly 24, 2015
Basically the same as walgreens but the company no longer in business. They were not on co-worker we were as close as family and treated each other as such. With much respect.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMarch 26, 2015
As a small company, they used their intimacy to the advancement and growth of their employees and company. There was no mystery CEO; the needs of the employees were always held with high regards, and the company genuinely cared about its customers.
Pros
great management
enjoyed my job at Kerr Drug, had awesome co-workers. worked as a team.
40 hr.key associate (Former Employee) –  Hamlet, NCJanuary 16, 2015
My day at Kerr Drug would start by doing the bank deposit and other paperwork, then assisting customers and doing price changes and resetting merchandise in the store. Management at Kerr Drug was great and co-workers were like family and always willing to help each other. The hardest part of the job was days when we would have angry customers and couldn't be satisfied, but we always worked it out. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing my customers on a daily basis, after 20 years on this job, I knew many of them on a first name basis. I loved this job.
Pros
i had a flexible work schedule and awesome co-workers.
Cons
very few employees and some days not able to take a lunch break.
This was a great company to work for!!
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Fuquay-Varina, NCMarch 3, 2015
Absolutely loved working for this company and I wish it was still around! I worked with them for almost 15 years. The team I worked with was more like my second family. I saw them more than my real family sometimes!
Friendly and safe work environment, great oppurtunity for advancement
Assistant Manager, Store Manager, (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 12, 2014
Kerr Drug gave me the tools to better myself in the training programs, really taught me how to train my associates how to handle stress and be calm. Worked in every area in the store front end, photo lab, pharmacy. Upper Management did work with our Managers on a consistent basis,they also let us our voice and suggestions to better my store.
retail store
Cashier/Photo (Former Employee) –  St. Pauls, NCMarch 18, 2015
Really liked working here and I enjoyed working with some of my coworkers!!! I enjoyed assisting the pleasant customers that I came in contact with!!
Equal opportunity workplace
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCMay 19, 2014
Worked at 2 different Kerr Drug's with 2 completely different experiences. One store was very good co-workers while the other store lacked that unfortunately. A typical day at work would be doing everything you can to make sure the customer is satisfied and to get your daily duties done before your shift is over. The hardest part of my job is trying to communicate with customers who speak a different language and the most enjoyable part is knowing that your providing a service that helps people.
Pros
insurance, full time
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Biscoe,NCApril 3, 2015
My job at Kerr Drug in Biscoe,NC was enjoyable. I learned the importance of customer satisfaction and how to be a team player.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 6, 2013
A typical day at work is quite fun. The employees at Kerr drug are unique and humorous. With Kerr Drug being my first job, I've learned how to provide great customer service, how to operate a cash register , and meet goal sales. Management at Kerr Drug, is an unforgettable management. Everyone in management are dedicated and reliable. My co-workers are great, we sure know how to work as a team and get things done. The hardest part of the job would probably be accepting the low pay. The most enjoyable part of the job is the joy of helping someone else and knowing that I've successfully did my job.
Cons
low pay
It was a great place to work when I first started and kind of went down hill when the new manager took over.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Warrenton, NCNovember 21, 2012
A typical work day would consist of answering the phone, helping me who were dropping and picking up prescriptions, counting pills. I learned how to fill prescriptions. The manager was a really hard to work, he was very rude to my co-workers and customers as well. Most of my co-workers were pretty good workers and stayed on task or were could get away with in and eveything. There was really no hard part. Being able to help customers wa the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
one weekend a month.
Cons
short breaks, high health insurance.
Filling Prescriptions and staying busy
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Snow Hill, NCOctober 29, 2012
I love my job as a pharmacy tech, it was amazing learning each new system that they got and going from a older system to a newer system, I always wanted to be in the medical field and this fit me perfect! My co workers were great! and actually made amazing friends! The hardest part of the job was people not understanding stuff about insurance and how long some things can actually take that were not in control of!
Pros
my customers!
Cons
money!
One star company - hypocrits from top to bottom of management
RPh (Former Employee) –  Raleigh NCJuly 13, 2012
This company sucks. Salary is low, morals are low......one of those places where you do what I say, NOT as I do.
Management makes decision based on 20+ years ago business model; also Management is never helpful, doesn't stand behind their employees, stupid business model.
"New" computer system is still way behind the technology times.
(walgreens computer 20 years ago was more advanced than their "brand new" system.

I enjoyed a few of the people I worked with.

Mostly, this was a waste of time and resume space.

Glad to be out of this company!
Pros
leaving the job
Cons
everything else!
Fun and exciting co-workers and friendly customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, NCApril 18, 2012
On a typical day at Kerr Drug I would always meet new people, and learn a thing or two about them and their personality. The management was great, everything and everybody was where it was suppose to be. Manager good to get along with and understanding. I loved working with the other employees. They would make the time go by fast and make the workplace a fun environment. There wasnt a hard part about the job. Meeting new people and learning things about them was the most enjoyable part.
Pros
great shift hours any time of the day, friendly co-workers, excellent management
Cons
short breaks, working weekends and holidays
Loved my job, Just not the way they done things.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Snow Hill, NCJanuary 9, 2013
I loved my overall job,and the things that I had to put up with on a daily basis made me learn how to manage my attitude and how to react when it comes to a customer. Although I didnt get along with a few co-workers. I made a few good friends who I still remain in touch with till this day. The hardest part of the job was watching things get done in ways that it shouldnt have been done in. Such as doing certian codes to override a medicine just to make insurance pay for it. I didn't approve of that and they didn't like that i spoke up and said it shouldn't be done.
Pros
good lunch breaks.
Cons
constantly changing rules.
Loved it!!!
Pharmacist Tech (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMay 10, 2013
Perform customer service, count, refills, and take prescriptions. Return client medication to stock, and cancel billing and order to insurance. Bill and prepare medication for delivery clients. Take clients phone orders, filing information and medication, data entry, and perform front counter duties
Pros
togetherness family oriented
Cons
medical situation wasn't able to qualify for fmla, still hireable also minimum wage for state licensed pharm techs
Customer Service
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NCFebruary 2, 2015
Kerr Drug was a wonderful company to work for. I really enjoyed my day to day activities as well as all the wonderful con-workers i had the opportunity to meet.