Kerr Drug Employee Reviews in United States

Great Place to work
Certified Compounding Technician (Current Employee) –  Indian Trail, NCDecember 29, 2015
Kerr Drug was a great place to work but was sold to Walgreens. They closed the store I worked at but went to work at the local Walgreens.
productive place to work and gain experience
night mgr/cashier (Former Employee) –  high point ncAugust 15, 2015
productive place to work gained a lot of experience as a mgr learned how to deal with customers and what to do with unruly customers
Wish they were still here
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJuly 24, 2015
Basically the same as walgreens but the company no longer in business. They were not on co-worker we were as close as family and treated each other as such. With much respect.
Being a Pharmacy Technician was an absolute joy with some challenges when dealing with insurance companies. I love interacting with the public.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hillsborough, NCJuly 9, 2015
With interacting with the consumer can be challenging and rewarding within itself. I worked with the some of the best customer service representatives in the business. I thoroughly enjoyed my employment with Kerr Drug, even on not so great days. The hardest part of my job was having to tell a person that their insurance would not cover their medicine.
Good management, opportunities to take on different tasks and even room to advance.
PHARMACY CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJune 19, 2015
I was Pharmacy Cashier. I ran the cash register at the pharmacy, handed out prescriptions to customers, took prescriptions from pharmacy and placed in bags and arranged them in alphabetical order.

Hardest part of the job was when a prescription could not be located.

The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with co-workers and customers.
Pros
Co-workers got along well, you stayed busy, you interacted directly people, helping with their medicines, the managers were great.
Cons
It could get very hectic at times, especially when an important prescription could not be located.
Kerr Drug
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Biscoe,NCApril 3, 2015
My job at Kerr Drug in Biscoe,NC was enjoyable. I learned the importance of customer satisfaction and how to be a team player.
Kerr Drug
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMarch 26, 2015
As a small company, they used their intimacy to the advancement and growth of their employees and company. There was no mystery CEO; the needs of the employees were always held with high regards, and the company genuinely cared about its customers.
Pros
great management
retail store
Cashier/Photo (Former Employee) –  St. Pauls, NCMarch 18, 2015
Really liked working here and I enjoyed working with some of my coworkers!!! I enjoyed assisting the pleasant customers that I came in contact with!!
This was a great company to work for!!
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Fuquay-Varina, NCMarch 3, 2015
Absolutely loved working for this company and I wish it was still around! I worked with them for almost 15 years. The team I worked with was more like my second family. I saw them more than my real family sometimes!
Customer Service
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NCFebruary 2, 2015
Kerr Drug was a wonderful company to work for. I really enjoyed my day to day activities as well as all the wonderful con-workers i had the opportunity to meet.
enjoyed my job at Kerr Drug, had awesome co-workers. worked as a team.
40 hr.key associate (Former Employee) –  Hamlet, NCJanuary 16, 2015
My day at Kerr Drug would start by doing the bank deposit and other paperwork, then assisting customers and doing price changes and resetting merchandise in the store. Management at Kerr Drug was great and co-workers were like family and always willing to help each other. The hardest part of the job was days when we would have angry customers and couldn't be satisfied, but we always worked it out. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing my customers on a daily basis, after 20 years on this job, I knew many of them on a first name basis. I loved this job.
Pros
i had a flexible work schedule and awesome co-workers.
Cons
very few employees and some days not able to take a lunch break.
very productive, learning experience
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rose Hill, NCNovember 4, 2014
work great with everyone, very successful, respectful, large company, appreciated their employees
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Overall Work Experience
Pharmacy Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hillsborough, NCOctober 30, 2014
Kerr Drug was an excellent company to work for. Everyone was freindly and the atmospher was great.
Great Company to work for
Senior Benefits Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh North CarolinaOctober 15, 2014
Excellent senior management team. I was very involved with strategic planning and I learned a great deal about the retail pharmacy industry
Great Place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Biscoe, NCOctober 15, 2014
Loved working here... Wish it didn't close down.

Day to day responsibilities customer service was the best.
n/a
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 22, 2014
A typical day was just greeting customers and ringing up purchases. I have been gone from company too long to rate.
Friendly and safe work environment, great oppurtunity for advancement
Assistant Manager, Store Manager, (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 12, 2014
Kerr Drug gave me the tools to better myself in the training programs, really taught me how to train my associates how to handle stress and be calm. Worked in every area in the store front end, photo lab, pharmacy. Upper Management did work with our Managers on a consistent basis,they also let us our voice and suggestions to better my store.
Poductive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, NCJuly 15, 2014
I got along with my co-workers I rung customers up had very good customer service skills just wished got paid more for full time couldve still been there.
Pros
got along with customers
Cons
short lunchs pay sucked
work in progress
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Franklin, NCJuly 11, 2014
Good place to work but needed a lot of improvement in certain areas. Customers weren't always friendly but the staff was awesome.
retail setting
Asst. Manager. Staff Merch, Mail Room Superv. (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 2, 2014
open - close, all aspects of retail. customer service, ordering , employee relations
Pros
love people, never a dull moment
Cons
difficult hours