Kerr Drug Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 17, 2017
I ran errands did paper work, Answered the telephones and helped out where ever it was needed. in the down time I make sure everything was cleaned and stocked up.
Day as pharmacy technican
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 14, 2017
Day to day as a pharmacy technician includes assisting pharmacist and patients in a retail setting by answering phone calls, filling perceptions, and checking inventory, and filing hand written prescrptions.
fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, NCJune 23, 2017
I learned a lot bout people and customer service and how the customer is always right. I learned that you are always are supposed to smile and make every feel like you are having a nice day.
Pros
you met a lot of people
Cons
not every one is friendly
was a great place with friendly people, christian people, they would work with you on everything.
Key csahier (Former Employee) –  concord, ncMay 18, 2017
opening store, counting money, putting up stock, greeting customers, going to bank, doing refunds/returns, working planograms, checking dates on products, and closing store.
Pros
company was willing to work with employees, really good managers that were willing to train properly.
Cons
low pay, and store sold out to walgreens.
I loved the people in the community and being able to help them find what they needed when they came into the store.
Part-Time Key Associate (Former Employee) –  Ramseur, NCApril 24, 2017
I worked as a part-time key holder. My duties were to act as management in the absence of the manager and the assistant manager. I ran a cash register, balanced cash drawers, did nightly reports, closed the store, work in pharmacy as technician and/or cashier when they were short handed. I did price changes, mark -ups, balanced petty cash and the lottery. I learned how to multi-task. The hardest part of this job was dealing with unhappy customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to the customers and helping them.
Pros
The people.
Cons
Not enough money.
Very easy going family company
Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 3, 2016
I enjoyed working for Kerr Drug because it was a smaller pharmacy drug chain and was not like the other big pharmacy chains, so I was able to form more a personal relationship with my patients and customers because I had more time to do so.
Pros
Smaller company
Cons
Needed more quality staff
great place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaAugust 10, 2016
learned a lot, loved everyday. loved all customers and management. Really hate that wal greens bought them all out. it was a great company
Constant work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 27, 2016
The store stayed busy and allowed me to spend my time attending to customers and stocking shelves. I learned how to manage my time effectively.
Great Place to work
Certified Compounding Technician (Current Employee) –  Indian Trail, NCDecember 29, 2015
Kerr Drug was a great place to work but was sold to Walgreens. They closed the store I worked at but went to work at the local Walgreens.
productive place to work and gain experience
night mgr/cashier (Former Employee) –  high point ncAugust 15, 2015
productive place to work gained a lot of experience as a mgr learned how to deal with customers and what to do with unruly customers
Wish they were still here
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJuly 24, 2015
Basically the same as walgreens but the company no longer in business. They were not on co-worker we were as close as family and treated each other as such. With much respect.
Being a Pharmacy Technician was an absolute joy with some challenges when dealing with insurance companies. I love interacting with the public.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hillsborough, NCJuly 9, 2015
With interacting with the consumer can be challenging and rewarding within itself. I worked with the some of the best customer service representatives in the business. I thoroughly enjoyed my employment with Kerr Drug, even on not so great days. The hardest part of my job was having to tell a person that their insurance would not cover their medicine.
Good management, opportunities to take on different tasks and even room to advance.
PHARMACY CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJune 19, 2015
I was Pharmacy Cashier. I ran the cash register at the pharmacy, handed out prescriptions to customers, took prescriptions from pharmacy and placed in bags and arranged them in alphabetical order.

Hardest part of the job was when a prescription could not be located.

The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with co-workers and customers.
Pros
Co-workers got along well, you stayed busy, you interacted directly people, helping with their medicines, the managers were great.
Cons
It could get very hectic at times, especially when an important prescription could not be located.
Kerr Drug
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Biscoe,NCApril 3, 2015
My job at Kerr Drug in Biscoe,NC was enjoyable. I learned the importance of customer satisfaction and how to be a team player.
Kerr Drug
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMarch 26, 2015
As a small company, they used their intimacy to the advancement and growth of their employees and company. There was no mystery CEO; the needs of the employees were always held with high regards, and the company genuinely cared about its customers.
Pros
great management
retail store
Cashier/Photo (Former Employee) –  St. Pauls, NCMarch 18, 2015
Really liked working here and I enjoyed working with some of my coworkers!!! I enjoyed assisting the pleasant customers that I came in contact with!!
This was a great company to work for!!
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Fuquay-Varina, NCMarch 3, 2015
Absolutely loved working for this company and I wish it was still around! I worked with them for almost 15 years. The team I worked with was more like my second family. I saw them more than my real family sometimes!
Customer Service
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NCFebruary 2, 2015
Kerr Drug was a wonderful company to work for. I really enjoyed my day to day activities as well as all the wonderful con-workers i had the opportunity to meet.
enjoyed my job at Kerr Drug, had awesome co-workers. worked as a team.
40 hr.key associate (Former Employee) –  Hamlet, NCJanuary 16, 2015
My day at Kerr Drug would start by doing the bank deposit and other paperwork, then assisting customers and doing price changes and resetting merchandise in the store. Management at Kerr Drug was great and co-workers were like family and always willing to help each other. The hardest part of the job was days when we would have angry customers and couldn't be satisfied, but we always worked it out. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing my customers on a daily basis, after 20 years on this job, I knew many of them on a first name basis. I loved this job.
Pros
i had a flexible work schedule and awesome co-workers.
Cons
very few employees and some days not able to take a lunch break.
very productive, learning experience
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rose Hill, NCNovember 4, 2014
work great with everyone, very successful, respectful, large company, appreciated their employees
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks