Kerr Drug

Kerr Drug Employer Reviews

Great Place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Biscoe, NCOctober 15, 2014
Loved working here... Wish it didn't close down.

Day to day responsibilities customer service was the best.
n/a
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCSeptember 22, 2014
A typical day was just greeting customers and ringing up purchases. I have been gone from company too long to rate.
Friendly and safe work environment, great oppurtunity for advancement
Assistant Manager, Store Manager, (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCAugust 12, 2014
Kerr Drug gave me the tools to better myself in the training programs, really taught me how to train my associates how to handle stress and be calm. Worked in every area in the store front end, photo lab, pharmacy. Upper Management did work with our Managers on a consistent basis,they also let us our voice and suggestions to better my store.
Poductive
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pembroke, NCJuly 15, 2014
Pros: got along with customers
Cons: short lunchs pay sucked
I got along with my co-workers I rung customers up had very good customer service skills just wished got paid more for full time couldve still been there.
work in progress
Cashier (Former Employee), Franklin, NCJuly 11, 2014
Good place to work but needed a lot of improvement in certain areas. Customers weren't always friendly but the staff was awesome.
retail setting
Asst. Manager. Staff Merch, Mail Room Superv. (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJuly 2, 2014
Pros: love people, never a dull moment
Cons: difficult hours
open - close, all aspects of retail. customer service, ordering , employee relations
aeseom
Pharmacy Technician Certified (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCMay 24, 2014
Awesome place to work, I really enjoyed working here for the entire summer. It was amazing.
productive and fun environment
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Warrenton, NCMay 20, 2014
Pros: shedule flexability
Cons: short breaks
workday consisted of taking and filling prescriptions. I learned different computer skills and social skills. the management was nice. my co-workers were great. hardest part of job was multitasking in a busy environment. enjoyable part of job was helping people.
Great workplace
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Andrews, NCMay 19, 2014
I typed and counted prescriptions under the supervision of the pharmacist. Hardest part was the long hours without breaks. Loved my job though because I love people and I love helping them!
Equal opportunity workplace
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), High Point, NCMay 19, 2014
Pros: insurance, full time
Worked at 2 different Kerr Drug's with 2 completely different experiences. One store was very good co-workers while the other store lacked that unfortunately. A typical day at work would be doing everything you can to make sure the customer is satisfied and to get your daily duties done before your shift is over. The hardest part of my job is trying – more... to communicate with customers who speak a different language and the most enjoyable part is knowing that your providing a service that helps people. – less
Photo Lab Technician/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Nashville, NCMay 12, 2014
Pros: friendly environment, great people
Cons: short break, health care
This was my first job while still in high school and I couldn't of asked for a better place to work at. The employees and management are friendly and extremely understanding!
productive and fast learning enviroment
Key Associate (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCMarch 22, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: healthcare
A fast paced customer service environment with a variety of positions to learn from with the opportunity to advance in your field.
I learned alot about Pharmacy.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Lexington, NCMarch 12, 2014
It helped me learn alot about pharmacy and apply that to furthering my medical career, plus I love chemistry!
Great Work Environment
Sales Associate/Pharmay Tech (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCMarch 11, 2014
This was a very easy going job and I really wish I could go back. We had a lot of regular customers and they were always so sweet. Business was slow due to the economy at the time and all the competition around. Unfortunately this store location is no longer open.
Kerr Drug is no longer open for business
pharmacist intern (Former Employee), Charleston, SCMarch 7, 2014
The store closed down so I can not review it currently. When I worked there the system was a little out dated, but the people were very nice and focused on customer service.
did not support personel
Pharmacist (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: small chain
Cons: did not support workers
Worked for company for almost 30 years. When diagnosed with cancer I was terminated
Category Management at Kerr Drug Inc
Category Manager - OTC/Health Aids (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: benefits, great working environment, bonus program
Cons: constant travel
Category Management at Kerr is challenging, detail oriented, endless data reviews yet fun and rewarding. It's rewarding to develop programs, purchase the merchandise, publish the directives, allocate the product from the warehouse to the stores and then see the finished program at the store level. Watching the sales trends and listening to the customers – more... tell us what they want or what they like that we have done for them.

We work in a preferred environment by most, co-workers are excellent and are always there when needed. Upper management gives you the tools to operate daily and make the best business decisions for Kerr Drug yet truly care about family time. That's the best thing about Kerr, family comes first.

This is a great place to work, however the category management position is stressful. I'd say the hardest part of the job is the constant stress on sales budgets, inventory control and gross profit. Of course all of the aforementioned ingredients are keys to the company's success. – less
i love developing pictures that was fun
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Summerville, SCJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: my coworker was the best
Cons: low raises and no benefits
I hated that job I love my coworkers but that job was a deadend. We got 10 cent raises and no benefits.
fun work place. great learning environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Richlands, NCDecember 12, 2013
i learned a lot about how the lottery works and stocking. my co workers and bosses were awesome, when you needed help they were always there to help.
Excellant place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Zebulon, NCNovember 11, 2013
Loved working at Kerr Drug. It was bought out by Walgreens and closed in November 2013.

1 2 3