Kerr Drug Employee Reviews in United States

Business orientiated and care about consumer
Book Keeper (Former Employee) –  Hillsborough, NCNovember 29, 2012
Enjoyed the atmosphere and job
Learned how to keep record of employee information such as time card and pay.
Management was very informative in my training and professional.
Co-workers kept there nose in the grind and cared about every consumer.
Keeping inventory on every item in the store.
Enjoyable was all of us working as a team everyday.
Pros
atmosphere and customers.
Cons
pay
Equal opportunity workplace
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCMay 19, 2014
Worked at 2 different Kerr Drug's with 2 completely different experiences. One store was very good co-workers while the other store lacked that unfortunately. A typical day at work would be doing everything you can to make sure the customer is satisfied and to get your daily duties done before your shift is over. The hardest part of my job is trying to communicate with customers who speak a different language and the most enjoyable part is knowing that your providing a service that helps people.
Pros
insurance, full time
productive and fun environment
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Warrenton, NCMay 20, 2014
workday consisted of taking and filling prescriptions. I learned different computer skills and social skills. the management was nice. my co-workers were great. hardest part of job was multitasking in a busy environment. enjoyable part of job was helping people.
Pros
shedule flexability
Cons
short breaks
As a working experience, I developed many managerial skills and spectrum that involves marketing, human resources, budget analysis management tasks.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  High Point, N.C.September 6, 2012
Kerr drug was a good place to work where I have grown professionally and in managerial skills. However, I found my self stagnant in career advancement and challenges.
This was a great company to work for!!
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Fuquay-Varina, NCMarch 3, 2015
Absolutely loved working for this company and I wish it was still around! I worked with them for almost 15 years. The team I worked with was more like my second family. I saw them more than my real family sometimes!
Kerr Drug
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Biscoe,NCApril 3, 2015
My job at Kerr Drug in Biscoe,NC was enjoyable. I learned the importance of customer satisfaction and how to be a team player.
retail store
Cashier/Photo (Former Employee) –  St. Pauls, NCMarch 18, 2015
Really liked working here and I enjoyed working with some of my coworkers!!! I enjoyed assisting the pleasant customers that I came in contact with!!
Great workplace
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Andrews, NCMay 19, 2014
I typed and counted prescriptions under the supervision of the pharmacist. Hardest part was the long hours without breaks. Loved my job though because I love people and I love helping them!
Great Company to work for
Senior Benefits Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh North CarolinaOctober 15, 2014
Excellent senior management team. I was very involved with strategic planning and I learned a great deal about the retail pharmacy industry
Filling Prescriptions and staying busy
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Snow Hill, NCOctober 29, 2012
I love my job as a pharmacy tech, it was amazing learning each new system that they got and going from a older system to a newer system, I always wanted to be in the medical field and this fit me perfect! My co workers were great! and actually made amazing friends! The hardest part of the job was people not understanding stuff about insurance and how long some things can actually take that were not in control of!
Pros
my customers!
Cons
money!
Photo Lab Technician/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nashville, NCMay 12, 2014
This was my first job while still in high school and I couldn't of asked for a better place to work at. The employees and management are friendly and extremely understanding!
Pros
friendly environment, great people
Cons
short break, health care
Loved it!!!
Pharmacist Tech (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMay 10, 2013
Perform customer service, count, refills, and take prescriptions. Return client medication to stock, and cancel billing and order to insurance. Bill and prepare medication for delivery clients. Take clients phone orders, filing information and medication, data entry, and perform front counter duties
Pros
togetherness family oriented
Cons
medical situation wasn't able to qualify for fmla, still hireable also minimum wage for state licensed pharm techs
Customer Service
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NCFebruary 2, 2015
Kerr Drug was a wonderful company to work for. I really enjoyed my day to day activities as well as all the wonderful con-workers i had the opportunity to meet.
Fast paced, high stress job, but they have wonderful people that make it bearable.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Andrews, NCJune 12, 2013
I learned that there are many ways different walks of life out there and that each one teaches you something about yourself. It is how you take these teachings into consideration that allow you to learn, broaden your skills, and just become a better person that make you valueable.
Working with great people
Front Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCApril 27, 2012
Typical day at work involved ordering cigarrettes, ringing up customers, running photo lab. I learned how to work the photo lab. My co-workers were great, like family. The hardest part of the job was trying to watch customers and make sure no one was stealing anything. The most enjoyable part were the employees and managers.
Pros
pay, flexible hours, training for other things
Cons
location, pay
Poductive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, NCJuly 15, 2014
I got along with my co-workers I rung customers up had very good customer service skills just wished got paid more for full time couldve still been there.
Pros
got along with customers
Cons
short lunchs pay sucked
Kerr Drug is a good place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 26, 2013
I work a lot of 12 hour days. A typical day at Kerr Drug involves making the schedule, doing refunds, ordering stock, processing damaged goods and making sure my customers leave happy. I really enjoy working with everyone I work with. I have been at Kerr Drug for 14 years and I really enjoy my job my coworkers and my customers
Pros
my schedule is very flexiable
I learned alot about Pharmacy.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCMarch 12, 2014
It helped me learn alot about pharmacy and apply that to furthering my medical career, plus I love chemistry!
very productive, learning experience
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rose Hill, NCNovember 4, 2014
work great with everyone, very successful, respectful, large company, appreciated their employees
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Great
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Zebulon, NCJune 16, 2013
Great learning store for bigger opportunities. Pharmacists are great to work for, very nice people and easy to discuss any questions too. The most enjoyable part of my job is working out any insurance issues through the customers provider for coverage of medications. Also breaking through prior authorizations for those customers in need.