KERRY Employee Reviews

Poor Management
Technician (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 15, 2017
HR lady talk to you any kind of way. Everybody act like they so smart but dumb. The place never run right. Work they people like a dog. Place can never get nothing right. Just bad bad bad bad bad
Pros
No pros
Cons
Its a bad work place
good place to work if management was involved.
Maintenance Planner Scheduler I (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 25, 2017
management for the maintenance or lack there of has caused several good technicians to leave their role for other jobs. do to the managers not following up and making sure that other people are pulling their weight.
Cons
lots of old equipment
Quick paced and eventful
Quality Technician (Current Employee) –  Sturtevant, WISeptember 6, 2017
being on second shift is a little different than 1st or 3rd here at this plant. We are required to do most of the weekend wash check (So if you plan on getting wet Fridays or Saturdays are the best).

Pay and benefits are great. But breaks are unpaid required to work extra half hour to compensate.

Lots of Overtime!!! and it is required!!! Mostly when someone from another shift has off or there is a mandatory Saturday(which have been happening a lot).

Rules have been put into place because "QA is too distracting"
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Too much overtime
production
Production Engineer (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 31, 2017
Did al lot of work wasnt the best time. I didnt like the management. The time was too too long. Working 10hrs a day. There was a lot of free food most of the time
So many opportunities for growth, career change, and impact
Thought Leader (Current Employee) –  United StatesAugust 25, 2017
Kerry has been a great place to work in so many respects. The people here are some of the most brilliant minds in the industry and I grow every day from my interactions with them. The opportunities to not only grow your career but also change path, industry, product and location (globally) are endless.

While the work can be pretty intense, the benefits, perks, & employee engagement programs Kerry offers are great. They definitely expect a lot but give back 100 times over.

I find myself very fortunate to be part of such an incredible company.
Pros
Benefits, perks, investment in creativity and innovation, the people!
Cons
It's easy to over extend yourself with all of the exciting opportunities. Ultimately, if you stay focused and manage your time - balance is completely attainable.
Poor
customer (Former Employee) –  WisconsinAugust 22, 2017
Contaimenated comes up to much. Customer here now knowing to stay away from your products. Low pay nevers gets a good company where it needs to be in pride. Management or employees.
Pros
professional atmosphere, very nice to work here
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Byesville, OHJune 20, 2017
Great company, good benefits and pay. They strive to be a "green " company and are open to ideas to help accomplish that.
Friendly personnel, clean facility , many extras with working here.
Official response from KERRY
August 16, 2017

We're so glad you're enjoying the Kerry culture and benefits! Thank you for your review

Good environment
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 19, 2017
I only recall working with some very smart and nice young people..computer guru's! I liked the work environment. This start up company just didn't have enough money to keep things going.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Lack of company funds
Official response from KERRY
August 16, 2017

Thanks for the review. While we too think our people are very smart and nice, Kerry was a start up over 40 years ago and our company funds are over 7 billion dollars. It appears you may have commented on us by mistake, but take a look around and let us know if there's a place for you at one of our global locations https://kerry.com/careers.

Great team to work with and fun place to learn new things
Intern (Former Employee) –  WisconsinJune 14, 2017
I learned how to work in a professional environment and many technical skills from my supervisors. Kerry has a really energetic team that helps the company grow. It is very fun to work there!
Productive place with potential for personal growth.
Senior Scientist (Current Employee) –  Beloit, WIJune 4, 2017
Nice and well organized place to work. It is a very great building with many great professionals working together. The atmosphere is very positive overall.Great experience@
exciting experience
Food Scentist (Former Employee) –  indonesiaMay 26, 2017
They love to invest on people! sending the employess for training abroad and ensure that they got an appropriate skills on the decided position.
though they always slow related in job promotions, and job assignments and salary incriments. sometimes when you not political enough, your achivements are overlooked and discriminated.
also having a degree from western university is important (or you will be overlooked)
Pros
great investment on chosen people, (though this wont be an assurance that you will stay within the company).
Cons
a lot of works to do, low appreciations by benefits&salary&promotions, Too high politic internally, The environment is not good spiritually and mentally for long term
Great crew members and fun work place
Forklift Operator and Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Owatonna, MNMay 5, 2017
Great benefits and 40+ hrs weekly and overtime when u want it . Very great supervisior and lead know how to do job and make u feel comfortable when new to place . Temp to hire very high success
Pros
8 hr days, experience co workers and friendly people
Cons
Poor Management
Kerry is a good place to work, you have good coworkers, and support
Food Flavouring Employee (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 7, 2017
Treated good, you feel like your part of a team and the management team supports you. Good benefits such as medical, dental, eye coverage, etc. Really good reporting system, all employees are permitted to put in a work order for any required repairs, etc.
Pros
Uniforms supplied, good benefits, very little overtime
Cons
The pay could be better
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Affton, MOApril 3, 2017
Responsible for 24/7, 3 shift facility production operation, including adherence to Human Safety, Food Safety, Quality, Service and GMP procedures. Sets and nurtures a non-union culture in understanding, communicating and meeting Customer processing requirements while driving the organizations core values in Safety, Integrity, Value Creation and Teamwork.
Fast paced environment.
Production (Former Employee) –  Union City, CAMarch 4, 2017
Lack of communication between management creates a difficult work environment. Inexperienced managers that do not understand their roles but demand excellence from their employees. More and more responsibilities are placed on the same individuals because it is very difficult to retain new talent due to the lack of organization and leadership in some departments.
Was a good learning experience for an Internship
Commercial Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WIFebruary 24, 2017
Worked on projects, people are very friendly and approachable. I sometimes felt like the communication lacked a little bit. The HR was not very responsive. Had to send out at least 3 emails and 2 phone calls over the period of 3 weeks to get a reply back. I would not generalize it, but this was the situation I faced.
Pros
Good working atmosphere
Cons
Communication
poor culture
QA Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 17, 2017
Company will not invest enough into their operation to make it successful. Poor equipment with very little spent to update it. Poor training practice for new employees. Too much management turnover.
Well managed company
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNFebruary 14, 2017
Kerry is a great company to work for. They understand the needs of their employees and are willing to work with you. Very hands on, fast pace environment with many learning opportunities.
Helping others
SR HR Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 13, 2017
My typical day at work will start and end helping employees with any orientation on benefits, attendance, etc. needs. Provide support on companies policies and procedures.
Pros
Satisfaction by helping others
Cons
Overwhelming in some point
its a fun place to work
Sanitation (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNFebruary 5, 2017
Kerry foods of Owatonna ,mn I liked working their with good people the people at Kerry are fun easy going you can joke with them . management is are very nice always willing to help they understand and they listen . its an easy job over all good place good people !!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KERRY. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8