KERRY Employee Reviews

Dont work here
Sanitation Worker (Current Employee) –  Jackson, WIAugust 31, 2016
Lazy people. Management sucks. Always in meetings. I'd complain to boss about other employees not doing their work and he calls me a complainer. HR don't do anything. They make u feel like u cant talk to them. I feel like I'm going to get in trouble even through I'm in there for someone harrasing me . Pay is ok. People do what they want.
Maintenance Technician
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Gridley, ILAugust 16, 2016
Complete lack of transparency. In experienced work force which leads to a s*** storm of maintenance calls. Hours are for the vampires and the misfits. Cross your t's and dot your I's before signing on. Good Luck..
The only good thing about Kerry is the rate of pay.
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 9, 2016
If you have a family that you enjoy spending time with then this is not the job for you. It is not uncommon for employees to work 12 hours a day, 7 days a week for MONTHS at a time. Kerry management does not care if you have responsibilities outside of the workplace. I suspect it is less expensive to have the smallest possible workforce and pay the overtime than it is to have a workforce proportional to the work load.

If you enjoy recognition for a job well done then this is not the job for you. The only recognition one gets on the job is when someone makes a mistake.

If you are seeking advancement within the company then this is not the job for you.

This is a union job. The union is very weak however. Kerry frequently twists the meaning of the union contract to suit their needs, and employees rarely win union grievances against Kerry management.

The facility itself is in disrepair. The roof has been leaking badly for a significant amount of time causing major safety and sanitation concerns.

Management seems to want to save money at the expense of their employees. I would not recommend this employer.
Pros
Decent pay for a manufacturing position
Cons
Everything besides pay
Is a good place to work for in this region
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Blue Earth, MNAugust 5, 2016
Great buildings, coworkers,and company to work. They were always safety conscious and clean,clean,clean. Kerry always looks toward the future and invests in improvements. Co-workers on G night shift were from all world diversities and very friendly. And yes, this is an honest review.
Pros
Great coworkers and enviroment. Perfect blend of work goals and work respect.
Cons
More tech needed in working enviroment. People there for a lot of years, take their job for granted.
Great Place to Work
Director (Current Employee) –  Beloit, WIJuly 27, 2016
Kerry is a great place to work - it is a very successful company with strong executive leadership focused on investing in the ongoing growth of the company.

The culture is collaborative, entrepreneurial and inclusive. The people are great - passionate, talented and committed to helping lead to better results for customers, the industry, the company and each other.

The work is demanding and requires self-discipline, a strong drive to succeed and humility to extend credit to the broader team.

The company rewards very well for performance and although it may not be the right place for everyone, it is a great place to excel in your career if you are driven, bright, enthusiastic, humble and committed to delivering excellence in your work and for customers, fellow employees and the company.
Pros
Passionate people, teamwork, entrepreneurial culture, growing company, global opportunities, rewarding pay and benefits
Cons
High workload with tight deadlines
high school environment
Mixer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 23, 2016
Easy work. Co-workers spread rumors like Children. Supervisors discuss your personal business with other employees. I think the place is going to shut down soon.
Pros
make decent pay
Cons
poor management skills
Not a good place to work
Purchasing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Union City, CAJuly 21, 2016
This is a very stressful place to work. It's okay to work on your typical job duties but most of the people in higher levels are good in passing work load to lower levels with deadlines without asking your current load situation. Poor management as they don't get along. They don't know how to appreciate the people who've been with the company for a long time and people who really work hard.
Global Health & Nutritional Company
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WIJuly 10, 2016
Kerry has a global role in the food industry which enables them to have an extremely diverse work culture. It has been amazing working with people from around the world.
Management is easy to get along with and teamwork goes a long way.
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 7, 2016
a typical day consists of testing product that is being made hourly, working with management to complete various tasks, and micro testing of our products. I also from time to time will generate SOP's and ensure GMP's are being followed. CoA generation and customer interaction is also key in my role.
great
Chemical Blender (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 6, 2016
Provided packaging options for both liquid and dry chemical blends, mixed customized solutions that best meet particular specifications as needed, performed regular preventative maintenance on laboratory analytical equipment, maintained
a chemical and equipment inventory in collaboration with the Quality Control Manager.
Dangerous place to work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Affton, MOMay 17, 2016
It only took me one week to know this company was not for me. I enjoy my life to much to have stayed. Not recommended for anyone to work there.
One Kerry - Strong Global Organization
Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Beloit, WIApril 24, 2016
Kerry is a solid organization to work for that demands the best from their employees and provides good career paths in the Finance field.
Communication, responsibility, ability to take on tasks and lead are just a few qualities that describe a good Kerry employee.

In general, co-workers have been a plus here at Kerry.

The hardest part of the job would be the expectation to manage an ever increasing amount of tasks with ease and slight recognition.

The most rewarding and enjoyable part however, is the growth and learning that takes place because of the increased responsibilities.
Pros
Good Benefits
Management is lacking
hr assistant (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNJanuary 18, 2016
Management constantly in meetings and hard to know what is going on if there are issues. High turn over rate and major breakdown of communication between temporary and actual Kerry employees. Great work-life balance and some managers are willing to give you the time of day and teach you different things Visitors were nice and easy to please. I loved to constant change of pace but the lack of direction and finding a manager for questions was hard. With constant turn over and lack of leadership, constantly bringing in transfer employees from different sites it is hard to get any consistency.
Pros
Great work/ life balance, some very nice people
Cons
Major lack of leadership and continuity
disorganized
management (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 3, 2016
very disorganized company , growth is by acquisition. Plants being closed and production shifted from place to place. trying to be everything to everyone
Pros
benefits are good
Cons
not a good culture
Great family run small business
accounting clerk (Former Employee) –  Allison Park, PADecember 17, 2015
This is a family run business that I had the pleasure of working with for the past 8 years. They are tied in heavily with the steel industry and the economy slowed down so much that I was regretfully laid-off. I would recommend this company to anyone trying to find a secure job with a company that really cares and tries its best for their employees. For a small company I couldn't have asked for any better.
Pros
Small business culture, friendly atmosphere
Cons
Very short breaks, some rude employees and little reprimand for lack of work or misbehavior
kerry
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Clark, NJDecember 10, 2015
high stress work enviornment. they work you long hours and then terminate you. burn you out. high stress. poor management
room to grow and lots to learn good and bad
Bottle line operator (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GANovember 30, 2015
each day was different had many daily duties a process that stuck. There was room to grow and in what i did everyday i was proud of myself. just by the job i was doing made me feel like i was learning more and more everyday. there were two higher up people who shook my hands i didnt expect and told me they heard about how i was doing. that they were proud of me needless to say i was nervous but the enviroment made me feel better about what i do everyday for my family. Communication between employees were definatley on the rough side, most days if i didnt already know what my job was no body would be able to instruct or direct me. plenty of daily challenges i was faced with but only helped me learn more.
Pros
family like employees alot of them worked together not against, room for growing
Cons
lack of communication, missed breaks, missed lunches, having to do others jobs to protect yourself
Company provides good training for the recent grad.
Waste Water Treatment Operator (Current Employee) –  Norwich, NYNovember 16, 2015
This company provides good training for the recent grad. In terms of career growth it can be quite slow, and the management tends to be disorganized and very reactive in a knee-jerk fashion.
family atmosphere
sanitation (Former Employee) –  Jackson, WINovember 4, 2015
everyone worked together to get job done.
family atmosphere
the co-workers work as a team
the hardest part of the job is Wisconsin cold winters.
Pros
company make you feel good about working for them
Cons
Location only in Wisconsin
Kerry is a Global Company
administration clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 2, 2015
Kerry is a global company, with a diversity of products. The company goals and values are above average for the industry.
Communication between management and employees is sometimes lacking.
Putting the companies immediate financial goals above the needs of the employees seems to have become a standard in some of the facilities. Cutting hardworking, knowledgeable staff because of salary and replacing them with temporary labor is detrimental to the bottom line in terms of maintenance and replacement cost.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
non-communicatin between management and work force

2.8