KershawHealth Employee Reviews

Awful place to work
Rn (Former Employee) –  Camden, SCJune 11, 2017
Worked here several years and found the co workers to be on a 5th grade maturity level. Management was inconsistent with policies and showed constant favoritism. Pay was not competitive and schedule constantly short with RNS on mandatory overtime. No educational support. Leadership lazy. Wouldn't go back if it was double salary. Wouldn't take my family there either. Can't believe I stayed as long as I did.
Pros
Cons
Management, co-workers, schedule
Fair workplace
Certified Nurses Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camden, SCMay 12, 2017
while working at kershaw health I found it to be a fair and stable work place. they are willing to take the time to train you in whatever areas you may need work on. the pay is average and health insurance is great
Pros
helping others
Cons
nothing
Poor Management and very difficult to work for.
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Camden, SCMay 9, 2017
There was absolutely no new hire orientation/ training once I got to the OR. There was absolutely no guidance, especially for a brand new graduate, I learned what type of employer I do not want to work for.
Short staffed, poor management
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Camden, SCMay 1, 2017
Not enough Nursing staff so meal breaks usually do not happen. Management talks but does not deliver. Constant staff turnover and low morale in several departments. Computer system needs work, not user friendly.
Pros
Co-workers working hard as they can
Cons
management, short staffed, technology
Learned a lot!
Patient Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Kershaw, SCMarch 14, 2017
Kershaw Health allowed me the opportuntity to learn how to register patients in and EHR computerized software system. I also learned quite a bit about various lab test, ICD-9 codes, and various lab test that were conducted.
Billing Department
Billing Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Camden, SCFebruary 16, 2017
The billing department is very diligent with their work and support of their employees. It was a pleasure to work there as it helped build my career by learning the basics.
Environmental services
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Camden, SCJanuary 1, 2017
I still work there for now. The new director over environmental services is horrible to work for! Always changing the schedule and does not ask or talk to you about the change. The worst boss I have ever had when you ask a question or make a statement all she does is yell or talks down to you as if you are beneath her.
Pros
None that I can think of for this dept
Cons
The director is horrible to work for
Great team of people to work with!!!
Rehab Secretary (Current Employee) –  Lugoff, SCJune 18, 2016
Caring and compassionate environment to work. Awesome Manager who works with work/life balance. A great group of people that are always willing to pitch in and help.
Pros
A great place to work.
Cons
Limited room for growth.
Comrades
CDI Specialist (Current Employee) –  Camden, SCJanuary 21, 2016
The relationship between the coders and the nursing/CDI staff is wonderful.
I enjoy rounding with the physicians. This is my second time working for Kershaw Health. The first was in 1982 when I completed LPN school and again in 2008. I wanted to come back "home" so to speak.
Fun atmosphere
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Camden, SCAugust 1, 2015
I really enjoyed my time at Kersahaw Health. Everyone was great and I couldn't have asked for better coworkers. Every day was almost like an adventure when you came in. With work you knew what your were getting but with the coworkers anything could happen and usually did.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Gossip

Want to know more about KershawHealth?

Ask a question
Supply chain
Supply Chain Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Camden SCJuly 28, 2015
I work every day without any drama, the hospital is a great place to work, begin careers and retire. I am happy that I accepted the job at Kershaw health.
Pros
enviroment
Productive and Honest
Patient Acct Rep / Auditor of Accounts (Current Employee) –  Camden, SCJuly 9, 2015
I enjoy working at Kershaw Health. However, I would like review other possibilities in my life. I've been employed by Kershaw Health for over 14 yrs. I've learned a great deal from my employer.
Understaffed with poor management support
RN (Current Employee) –  Camden SCMarch 11, 2015
Understaffed in clinical areas making for long days and frequent overtime. Management focus poor with lack of follow through.
Pros
friendy
Cons
Overtime, short meal breaks
Love the people I work with but most of the time we are not given enough staff to cover the patient load
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Camden, SCNovember 2, 2014
Must not be too horrible because I still work there. People that work there are great but upper management determines how much staff we need and it is never enough. Never get to take a break and have to rush through lunch because work is always behind.
This was a great place to work.
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Camden, South carolinaMarch 17, 2014
During employment at kershaw health I was responsible for responding to emergency calls dialed to the 911 service and handling patient care enroute to the hospital.
It was an okay job
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camden, SCOctober 16, 2013
I love helping the patients. But the staff some times is not friendly enough.
Pros
Good patient care
Cons
Not friendly enough
Excellent communication
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Camden, SCSeptember 29, 2013
Company has excellent communication with staff and administration.
Stressful and over worked and no where to take your problems to.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Camden, SCJanuary 14, 2013
You go in knowing there's work to do. I don't mind hard work and keeping busy. Everyone isn't there to work. Just to do enough to get by. That put more pressure on the real workers. You try and explain things to the higher ups and they lable you as a complainer. Every weekend Iwould get to work with the new hired CNA's. I tried to get them to have 1 with experience and one learning but they never would change it. I had 44 patients and 2 CNA"S working with me. It wasn't always bad. When you got one sick or going bad or just demanding you need back up. When the floor was restricted due to flu or virus, we weren't given extra help. I made who you were working with more important. I loved talking to the patients during care but I hated not having the time to spend with them. I worked in long term care. For 24 years I have seen so much improvement in care and how sickness is treated. I have also seen how doctors, nurses and the public have lost respect toward each other.
Pros
i worked with alot of people who gave heart felt care.
Cons
nursing has become a business.
Clinical
Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Camden, SCDecember 11, 2012
typical day at woks includes working up 15-20 patients and scheduling procedures
Community Hospital
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Camden, SCNovember 11, 2012
Working in this small community health care facility has been a enjoyable experience both personally and professionally. I have over the last three years of employment added many skills that have benefited my life both professionally and personally.
Pros
a more traditional, 8:00 to 4:30, five days a week work schedule.
Cons
less time off during the week to pursue prn work which would enhance my fianancial status.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KershawHealth. Our community is ready to answer.

KershawHealth Reviews by Location