Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation Employee Reviews

outpatient neuro
Level II Fieldwork Student (Former Employee), West Orange, NJApril 15, 2015
Great people and great experience. Really made a difference in peoples lives! Staff was fabulous and facility was clean!
Challenging position that allows for growth.
Dietary Supervisor (Current Employee), West Orange, NJMarch 23, 2015
Pros: learning all aspects of a large scale food production facility
Cons: n/a
A typical day requires management of food service production by ordering food, supplies, making sure staff is scheduled and are present at work. Ensuring that meals are produced and served in a safe manner in accordance to guidelines set forth by HAACP. And ensuring that meal delivery is efficient and in accordance with prescribed dietary restrictions Co-workers are a great support system when it comes to making sure everything flows smoothly. Challenges such as food shortage, staff shortage, inclement weather has pushed me to deal with obstacles necessary to successfully run a department. Most enjoyable part .The most enjoyable part of the day is having accomplished all of the goals set forth and that is a smooth production whether it be for the patients or for catering.
Great Place to Work
Pharmacy Buyer/Patient Representative (Former Employee), West Orange, NJMarch 1, 2015
Pros: new experience
Cons: seeing the pain individuals with spinal cord injuries
People always ready to give a lending hand great people to work with,,, learned a lot... Physicians and pharmacy staff was very hands on
good place to work
Rehab Assistant (Former Employee), west orange, njJanuary 31, 2015
nice place to work learn a lot from them .love working with people and make a difference in their lives. love my co workers and nurses
Great place if you seeking experience
Correspondence Secretary (Former Employee), HIMJanuary 4, 2015
my life is helping people so I enjoy being that person that someone can come to that I can help. Life is so short and the patients that came to me get they records released was patients that was in car accidents, boating accidents airplane accidents. So its not only about the job its more to me of helping people
The work enviornment is fast pace and hard, but rewarding when helping people in their time of need. The employees are typically very friendly.
Nursing assistant, work (Current Employee), Chester, NJNovember 19, 2014
Pros: rewarding career in helping people in their time of need
Cons: heavy lifting and high risk for infection without proper care for self with infectious patients
This is an increasingly hard profession. The patients with advanced medical technology are surviving more complex conditions that would have otherwise killed them leaving them in more complex conditions such as confusion, violence, debility, etc creating a more stressful and riskier environment. However the job is rewarding that you take the role of a caregiver for patients in their time of need. While they stay with you, you will see them increasingly get better for the most part as you accommodate their needs. The employees are typically very friendly and the benefits are fair. The job is not for the faint of heart as the job requires you to lift well over 100 lbs on a regular basis depending on the patient and injury. Although lifts are recommended for weights such as this with a quick paced environment which speed is necessary to move patients from place to place to make dinner, therapy, toileting, etc lifts are not always optional putting stress on the back and body making this occupation risky. There is a high risk for injury with this job ranking in the top five in the country for jobs that put people on disability. This job can also be very messy involving cleaning many human bodily fluids which without proper equipment and care can lead to infection for yourself. Like I mentioned the experiences and people you meet can make this work experience reward, but like any job there are payoffs.
best patients
Rehabilitation Aide Traumatic Brain Injury (Current Employee), West Orange, NJNovember 12, 2014
need better management
better pay
too much drama
need better pay
Kessler institute for rehabilitation is world class rehab center.
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee), West Orange, NJNovember 4, 2014
Their compassion and care have made many lives for the better. I was pleased to be a part of that organization
Very Professional
Correspondence Secretary (Current Employee), West Orange, NJSeptember 7, 2014
It is a good place to work. Management has a open door policy and very understanding. Co workers all work well together for the good of the patients.
Nice place to work
Rehab Assistant (Current Employee), Saddle Brook, NJJuly 21, 2014
Nice place to start career.
I have learn a lot about rehab specify in several medical conditions as orthopedic surgery, post-trauma surgery, head injury, CVA, cardiac surgery and so on.
Professional and polite management, good support from HR department every time as required.
Good cooperation between RA's, RN's, transporters, therapists and dietary services as well all other technicians.
The hardest part of job in my shifts big assignment and to be on time for therapy.
Most enjoyable part of job is appreciation from patients and their families.
Five Star Facility
Rehabilitation Assistant (Current Employee), West Orange, NJJuly 15, 2014
Great place to work for, great staff, great management, and most importantly great rehabilitation facility for patients.
Great place to be every day
Case Management Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Saddle Brook, NJJune 24, 2014
Pros: hours, perks, co-workers
Cons: pay, benefits, incentives
The best part about Kessler is the people. Everyone is friendly and pleasant. My particular job is structured, I know what is expected of me, and I have great support if I ever need it. My only negative would be that this facility pays less than most other hospitals. Otherwise I have learned and grown a lot here both personally and professionally.
The Best Rehab Place!
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), West Orange, NJJune 2, 2014
A typical day at work is fast paced, but slow enough to make the patients feel welcomed, cared about and to make sure they are taken very good care of. The hardest part of the job was the job at during my first 3 months, but I handled it well and have had several patients name me as their favorite aide.
Friendly and wonderful work environment
Volunteer (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJApril 30, 2014
I provided an patient care experience, which promoted healing, and recovery in a compassionate environment, provided therapists with necessary materials upon request, as well as keeping station up to code with sanitation requirements, I learned how to perform administrative work and prepare patients for upcoming methods of treatment including transporting patients to exercise rooms or preparing patients on exercise tables in a safe and careful manner.

Physical Therapists were wonderful to be around and very friendly. The hardest part of the job was seeing the physical trouble people went through. They did however, come to the right place to relieve their pain.
Overall, I enjoy helping! It may be customer/patient/family member/doctor/co-worker.
Unit Secretary (Current Employee), West Orange, NJMarch 25, 2014
I enter doctors orders, change diets, operate the switchboard, direct visitors to patients rooms as well as to different departments through out the facility. I make an effort to assist patients to the best of my ability. I prefer to be organized because it's what works best for me and allows me to accurately complete my work in a timely manner. I can work well with others as well as alone.
Highly recognized and recommended rehabilitation
Rehabilitation Therapy Aide (Current Employee), West Orange, NJNovember 6, 2013
Pros: rewarding patient experience
Cons: far commute, low pay
I typically help feed the patients breakfast first thing in the morning. I insure everyone is in the gym on time for therapy. Start by preparation and maintenance of rehab equipment. Help Physical Therapist and Occupation Therapist in treatment as directed. Insure safety within the gym. Perform clerical tasks through out the day. I've learned proper techniques to transfer fully dependent patients to and from various surfaces. Know of basic therapeutic procedures, precautions related to a brain trauma, spinal cord injury, stroke, amputee and orthopedic patients. The most enjoyable part of my job is the interactions and relationships I get to build with the patients. I care so much for the well being of the patients, seeing the slightest improvement makes me truly happy. I am so proud to be apart of their healing process.
worst experience ever
dietary (Former Employee), chester, njOctober 17, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: management team dietary team human resources team
was fired for no reason .. there was some nice people there but some are racist
I enjoy working with people
Receptionist (Current Employee), West OrangeAugust 18, 2013
Pros: patients and families
Cons: lack of respect from management & money
I receive daily reports of new patients coming in that day. I great new patient arrivals and chart the time arrived. If there are special needs, I notify the floor in advance or notify physical therapy to help assist the patient out of the car. I answer the phones and help callers with any questions they may have. I issue visitor passes and check restriction lists. I turn on patients phones. At the end of the evening I file all documents for the day and make a spread sheet of new patients. The next day I visit the new patients and give them information about our facility, answer any questions they may have and get them in touch with medical staff if needed.
I have learned that sometime people just want someone to listen to them.
Management: Has very little concern for there workers. Our department has had 7 new directors in 4 years. Management and hourly employees, its like a revolving door. Anyone that has been there for less than 10 years rarely stays very long. Kessler was bought by Select Medical 7 years ago.
Co-workers: Most work very hard with little recognition.
Hardest part of my job: When you bring patient or safety issues to managements attention little or nothing is done.
The most enjoyable part of my job: Working with the patients and there families. It is such a good feeling to see the patients progress. To see someone walk again is amazing. The families are good to me. They see me almost everyday and I listen to there stories and try to always smile and encourage them.
Kessler is great
Rehab Aide (Former Employee), New JerseyMay 20, 2013
Pros: good experience
Good place to work people are nice and helpful

you can really get a lot of experience here
It's a pleasure to work there
Rehab Assistant (Former Employee), Chester, NJJanuary 29, 2013
It's the best place that I've ever worked at. Managers are excellent and hardworking. Coworkers are so helpful. Everyone is super nice we all work together to accomplish a task