Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation

Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation Employee Reviews in United States

Hardworking and reliable.
Rehab Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Orange, NJFebruary 21, 2016
Excellent Customer Service,and the staff is very polite.
The surrounding is very clean and inviting.
Discovery of feeling a sense of comfort and well being when you visit.
kudos to management and staff.
Pharmacy Buyer/Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  West Orange, NJMarch 28, 2016
Again another company that has taught me a great deal and was so rewarding the kind of job that one would always wake up excited to go to work and wait for the next day to arrive
Well respected rehab center, lack of respect & recourse for Recreation dept.
Recreation therapist (Former Employee) –  NJNovember 7, 2012
Kessler is a well respected and renowned rehab center in terms of Physical, occupational and speech therapy, in terms of recreation therapy it is simply a necessary service to meet joint commission and CARF standards, by no way is this a place for a recreation therapist with grand plans to develop new and innovative programs, lack of resources to direct toward recreation. If you are looking for a dynamic mix of providing special events, religious services, plenty of other duties as assigned and then some recreation therapy this is the place for you. Good luck !
Pros
autonomy, lack of direct supervision leading to individualized work if you enjoy that type of work
Cons
below market compensation, no room for growth both professionally and with program development
Great place to be every day
Case Management Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saddle Brook, NJJune 24, 2014
The best part about Kessler is the people. Everyone is friendly and pleasant. My particular job is structured, I know what is expected of me, and I have great support if I ever need it. My only negative would be that this facility pays less than most other hospitals. Otherwise I have learned and grown a lot here both personally and professionally.
Pros
hours, perks, co-workers
Cons
pay, benefits, incentives
Senior Rehab Assistant Full time (Current Employee) –  West Orange, NJOctober 11, 2015
Enjoy working with co-workers, help you want to go to work the next day, makes me a stronger team player. Is rewarding working here, knowing the great things you are doing for people.
Pros
work with great group of people
Cons
not paid enough
Challenging position that allows for growth.
Dietary Supervisor (Current Employee) –  West Orange, NJMarch 23, 2015
A typical day requires management of food service production by ordering food, supplies, making sure staff is scheduled and are present at work. Ensuring that meals are produced and served in a safe manner in accordance to guidelines set forth by HAACP. And ensuring that meal delivery is efficient and in accordance with prescribed dietary restrictions Co-workers are a great support system when it comes to making sure everything flows smoothly. Challenges such as food shortage, staff shortage, inclement weather has pushed me to deal with obstacles necessary to successfully run a department. Most enjoyable part .The most enjoyable part of the day is having accomplished all of the goals set forth and that is a smooth production whether it be for the patients or for catering.
Pros
learning all aspects of a large scale food production facility
Cons
n/a
The work enviornment is fast pace and hard, but rewarding when helping people in their time of need. The employees are typically very friendly.
Nursing assistant, work (Current Employee) –  Chester, NJNovember 19, 2014
This is an increasingly hard profession. The patients with advanced medical technology are surviving more complex conditions that would have otherwise killed them leaving them in more complex conditions such as confusion, violence, debility, etc creating a more stressful and riskier environment. However the job is rewarding that you take the role of a caregiver for patients in their time of need. While they stay with you, you will see them increasingly get better for the most part as you accommodate their needs. The employees are typically very friendly and the benefits are fair. The job is not for the faint of heart as the job requires you to lift well over 100 lbs on a regular basis depending on the patient and injury. Although lifts are recommended for weights such as this with a quick paced environment which speed is necessary to move patients from place to place to make dinner, therapy, toileting, etc lifts are not always optional putting stress on the back and body making this occupation risky. There is a high risk for injury with this job ranking in the top five in the country for jobs that put people on disability. This job can also be very messy involving cleaning many human bodily fluids which without proper equipment and care can lead to infection for yourself. Like I mentioned the experiences and people you meet can make this work experience reward, but like any job there are payoffs.
Pros
rewarding career in helping people in their time of need
Cons
heavy lifting and high risk for infection without proper care for self with infectious patients
The clinic I work in has a great staff, but Kessler as a company leaves a lot to be desired.
Advanced Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJAugust 7, 2012
I have been at Kessler for four years now. When I first started, it was a privately held company. I was very happy there. They cared about you as an individual and there were plenty of bonuses and over-time to be had. Once they went public, everything changed. Now I'm just a number and it's all about the bottom line

The patient care is still second to none. I would highly recommend them to anyone needing physical therapy. However, as an employer they leave a lot to be desired.

The hardest part of my job would be scheduling. The clientele in my area are very demanding and since it has become all about the numbers, it is very hard to make a schedule that the therapists can handle.

A typical day at work starts at 7am and ends at 8pm on Monday and Wednesday. I take care of all aspects of the front office. I verify insurance, obtain and track authorizations, answer the phone, make the schedule, make coffee, file, fax, enter the billing, collect the co-pays, reconcile the co-pays at the end of the day, go to the bank to make the deposit, call insurance on billing issues, plus anything else that is needed.

I have learned a lot at Kessler in terms of insurance and billing.

The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be my team in the clinic. We laugh all day and always try to keep the atmosphere light for the patients.
Pros
steady employment
Cons
no breaks, low pay, bad benefits
Nice place to work
Rehab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saddle Brook, NJJuly 21, 2014
Nice place to start career.
I have learn a lot about rehab specify in several medical conditions as orthopedic surgery, post-trauma surgery, head injury, CVA, cardiac surgery and so on.
Professional and polite management, good support from HR department every time as required.
Good cooperation between RA's, RN's, transporters, therapists and dietary services as well all other technicians.
The hardest part of job in my shifts big assignment and to be on time for therapy.
Most enjoyable part of job is appreciation from patients and their families.
Retail
Rehabilitation Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Orange, NJMay 14, 2015
This is a really fun place to work, where your creativity can shine. My customer skills definitely grew here as I was able to put together outfits for customers and build a customer base.
Friendly and wonderful work environment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJApril 30, 2014
I provided an patient care experience, which promoted healing, and recovery in a compassionate environment, provided therapists with necessary materials upon request, as well as keeping station up to code with sanitation requirements, I learned how to perform administrative work and prepare patients for upcoming methods of treatment including transporting patients to exercise rooms or preparing patients on exercise tables in a safe and careful manner.

Physical Therapists were wonderful to be around and very friendly. The hardest part of the job was seeing the physical trouble people went through. They did however, come to the right place to relieve their pain.
Highly recognized and recommended rehabilitation
Rehabilitation Therapy Aide (Current Employee) –  West Orange, NJNovember 6, 2013
I typically help feed the patients breakfast first thing in the morning. I insure everyone is in the gym on time for therapy. Start by preparation and maintenance of rehab equipment. Help Physical Therapist and Occupation Therapist in treatment as directed. Insure safety within the gym. Perform clerical tasks through out the day. I've learned proper techniques to transfer fully dependent patients to and from various surfaces. Know of basic therapeutic procedures, precautions related to a brain trauma, spinal cord injury, stroke, amputee and orthopedic patients. The most enjoyable part of my job is the interactions and relationships I get to build with the patients. I care so much for the well being of the patients, seeing the slightest improvement makes me truly happy. I am so proud to be apart of their healing process.
Pros
rewarding patient experience
Cons
far commute, low pay
Dedicated hard worker, organized, and detail-oriented. Possess a positive attitude and desire to expand my knowledge and skills.
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  North Bergen, NJJune 6, 2012
A day at kessler is always a different day. Never the same.
Everyday i learn new things about my patients and learn how to try and help them overcome there concerns. Ive leanred that even the smallest things, can make someone so happy.
I learne how to multi-task without making anyone feel left out or unattened.
The hardest part of my work day is actually very easy, which is to always smile, be polite, and welcoming to all my patients.
I enjoy being able to help others in any which way i can.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
short break time
outpatient neuro
Level II Fieldwork Student (Former Employee) –  West Orange, NJApril 15, 2015
Great people and great experience. Really made a difference in peoples lives! Staff was fabulous and facility was clean!
worst experience ever
dietary (Former Employee) –  chester, njOctober 17, 2013
was fired for no reason .. there was some nice people there but some are racist
Pros
pay
Cons
management team dietary team human resources team
Great place if you seeking experience
Correspondence Secretary (Former Employee) –  HIMJanuary 4, 2015
my life is helping people so I enjoy being that person that someone can come to that I can help. Life is so short and the patients that came to me get they records released was patients that was in car accidents, boating accidents airplane accidents. So its not only about the job its more to me of helping people
Great Place to Work
Pharmacy Buyer/Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  West Orange, NJMarch 1, 2015
People always ready to give a lending hand great people to work with,,, learned a lot... Physicians and pharmacy staff was very hands on
Pros
new experience
Cons
seeing the pain individuals with spinal cord injuries
Overall, I enjoy helping! It may be customer/patient/family member/doctor/co-worker.
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  West Orange, NJMarch 25, 2014
I enter doctors orders, change diets, operate the switchboard, direct visitors to patients rooms as well as to different departments through out the facility. I make an effort to assist patients to the best of my ability. I prefer to be organized because it's what works best for me and allows me to accurately complete my work in a timely manner. I can work well with others as well as alone.
best patients
Rehabilitation Aide Traumatic Brain Injury (Current Employee) –  West Orange, NJNovember 12, 2014
need better management
better pay
too much drama
need better pay
Very Professional
Correspondence Secretary (Current Employee) –  West Orange, NJSeptember 7, 2014
It is a good place to work. Management has a open door policy and very understanding. Co workers all work well together for the good of the patients.

Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation Reviews by Location