Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation

Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation Employee Reviews

Former employee saddle brook
Rehabilitation Aide (Former Employee) –  Saddle Brook, NJDecember 17, 2016
Worst place to work nurses are lazy, management is all for the nurses understaffed.Have aides that have been there to long need to retire,want to be in control of the shift when they work overtime,management doesn't support the aides.The work that is u do should be paid more $.
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
Not enough $
Proactive, fun, hands on
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Saddle Brook, NJNovember 29, 2016
it was a good year for me and I had one of the best supervisor's ever. I gained a lot and I can take that experience anywhere. good place to work that I would recommend
Great Job To Work At, Respectful, Clean Building.
Rehabilitation Aide (Current Employee) –  Chester, NJNovember 2, 2016
Kessler is a great job to look into because its a job where you can show appreciation to others by caring for them, and handling their disabilities. Sometimes its tiring but its worth it to see happy smile on the patients faces. The employees are great to work with and if you want to work around people who are productive and helpful then you should work at Kessler Rehab.
Pros
Excellent Employees, Good Management
horrible!
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saddle Brook, NJAugust 16, 2016
Although the work I did here was completely rewarding on every level, the employees and especially the management of this place should all be fired for how they treat one another. I was forced to quit because I didnt make the right friends and not bc of any other reason.
Not the worst, CERTAINLY not the best.
Psychology Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  West Orange, NJJune 1, 2016
Kessler is Ultra-conservative. When they're not trying to fire you under your 90-day probation, they're salary is not that bad. Benefits could be better, but they're not the worst either ($40 co-payments).
Pharmacy Buyer/Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  West Orange, NJMarch 28, 2016
Again another company that has taught me a great deal and was so rewarding the kind of job that one would always wake up excited to go to work and wait for the next day to arrive
Hardworking and reliable.
Rehab Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Orange, NJFebruary 21, 2016
Excellent Customer Service,and the staff is very polite.
The surrounding is very clean and inviting.
Discovery of feeling a sense of comfort and well being when you visit.
kudos to management and staff.
Senior Rehab Assistant Full time (Current Employee) –  West Orange, NJOctober 11, 2015
Enjoy working with co-workers, help you want to go to work the next day, makes me a stronger team player. Is rewarding working here, knowing the great things you are doing for people.
Pros
work with great group of people
Cons
not paid enough
Retail
Rehabilitation Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Orange, NJMay 14, 2015
This is a really fun place to work, where your creativity can shine. My customer skills definitely grew here as I was able to put together outfits for customers and build a customer base.
outpatient neuro
Level II Fieldwork Student (Former Employee) –  West Orange, NJApril 15, 2015
Great people and great experience. Really made a difference in peoples lives! Staff was fabulous and facility was clean!

Want to know more about Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation?

Ask a question
Challenging position that allows for growth.
Dietary Supervisor (Current Employee) –  West Orange, NJMarch 23, 2015
A typical day requires management of food service production by ordering food, supplies, making sure staff is scheduled and are present at work. Ensuring that meals are produced and served in a safe manner in accordance to guidelines set forth by HAACP. And ensuring that meal delivery is efficient and in accordance with prescribed dietary restrictions Co-workers are a great support system when it comes to making sure everything flows smoothly. Challenges such as food shortage, staff shortage, inclement weather has pushed me to deal with obstacles necessary to successfully run a department. Most enjoyable part .The most enjoyable part of the day is having accomplished all of the goals set forth and that is a smooth production whether it be for the patients or for catering.
Pros
Learning all aspects of a large scale food production facility
Cons
N/A
Great Place to Work
Pharmacy Buyer/Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  West Orange, NJMarch 1, 2015
People always ready to give a lending hand great people to work with,,, learned a lot... Physicians and pharmacy staff was very hands on
Pros
new experience
Cons
seeing the pain individuals with spinal cord injuries
good place to work
Rehab Assistant (Former Employee) –  west orange, njJanuary 31, 2015
nice place to work learn a lot from them .love working with people and make a difference in their lives. love my co workers and nurses
Great place if you seeking experience
Correspondence Secretary (Former Employee) –  HIMJanuary 4, 2015
my life is helping people so I enjoy being that person that someone can come to that I can help. Life is so short and the patients that came to me get they records released was patients that was in car accidents, boating accidents airplane accidents. So its not only about the job its more to me of helping people
The work enviornment is fast pace and hard, but rewarding when helping people in their time of need. The employees are typically very friendly.
Nursing assistant, work (Current Employee) –  Chester, NJNovember 19, 2014
This is an increasingly hard profession. The patients with advanced medical technology are surviving more complex conditions that would have otherwise killed them leaving them in more complex conditions such as confusion, violence, debility, etc creating a more stressful and riskier environment. However the job is rewarding that you take the role of a caregiver for patients in their time of need. While they stay with you, you will see them increasingly get better for the most part as you accommodate their needs. The employees are typically very friendly and the benefits are fair. The job is not for the faint of heart as the job requires you to lift well over 100 lbs on a regular basis depending on the patient and injury. Although lifts are recommended for weights such as this with a quick paced environment which speed is necessary to move patients from place to place to make dinner, therapy, toileting, etc lifts are not always optional putting stress on the back and body making this occupation risky. There is a high risk for injury with this job ranking in the top five in the country for jobs that put people on disability. This job can also be very messy involving cleaning many human bodily fluids which without proper equipment and care can lead to infection for yourself. Like I mentioned the experiences and people you meet can make this work experience reward, but like any job there are payoffs.
Pros
Rewarding career in helping people in their time of need
Cons
Heavy lifting and high risk for infection without proper care for self with infectious patients
best patients
Rehabilitation Aide Traumatic Brain Injury (Current Employee) –  West Orange, NJNovember 12, 2014
need better management
better pay
too much drama
need better pay
Kessler institute for rehabilitation is world class rehab center.
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Orange, NJNovember 4, 2014
Their compassion and care have made many lives for the better. I was pleased to be a part of that organization
Very Professional
Correspondence Secretary (Current Employee) –  West Orange, NJSeptember 7, 2014
It is a good place to work. Management has a open door policy and very understanding. Co workers all work well together for the good of the patients.
Nice place to work
Rehab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saddle Brook, NJJuly 21, 2014
Nice place to start career.
I have learn a lot about rehab specify in several medical conditions as orthopedic surgery, post-trauma surgery, head injury, CVA, cardiac surgery and so on.
Professional and polite management, good support from HR department every time as required.
Good cooperation between RA's, RN's, transporters, therapists and dietary services as well all other technicians.
The hardest part of job in my shifts big assignment and to be on time for therapy.
Most enjoyable part of job is appreciation from patients and their families.
Five Star Facility
Rehabilitation Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Orange, NJJuly 15, 2014
Great place to work for, great staff, great management, and most importantly great rehabilitation facility for patients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation. Our community is ready to answer.

Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation Reviews by Location