Kessler Rehabilitation Center Employee Reviews

Well organized, fast paced
Clinical Dietitian (Current Employee) –  West Orange, NJAugust 14, 2017
Incredibly well run and organized facility. All staff are incredibly friendly. Competitive pay for per diem patients. Part time employees can qualify for 401K
Pros
Greet Coffee
Great place
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Boonton, NJ 07005August 7, 2017
Kessler is a great company with great benefits. If you can be flexible to work 3 nights a week, this is a great place to work. the support among fellow employees is wonderful.
benefits
Cons
long evenings
Great people
OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Orange, NJJanuary 17, 2017
This job allowed me to show my management skills. After being there for a short time, I started traveling to other offices to help staff with their work. I also helped other employees with training them on a new computer program.
Awesome Manager and coworkers
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Chester, NJJanuary 9, 2017
I started at Kessler right after having my newborn son. I was an Ultrasound Technician at the Chester location. My manager was awesome, really understanding, helpful when a problem came up, and didn't act like I was "beneath" her. The environment was really supportive, as well as my fellow coworkers. My only regret is having to leave so soon due unforeseen circumstances. I miss working there!
Pros
Supportive coworkers, great management, loved the location
Cons
N/a
Upper management is poor and unsupportive
Staff Therapist (Current Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 24, 2016
Kessler has a reputation as one of the best because of its spinal cord rehab hospital. The outpatient facilities are not as good. Therapists allow techs to run pts through exercises and rarely advance them. Therapists work long hours with very few breaks. Upper management is not supportive and is only interested in bottom line. Kessler is a typical corporate rehab and is all about the money.
Rehab Assistant (Current Employee) –  saddle brook NJAugust 14, 2015
Love the job; but needs to have more opportunity of moving up the ladder. Great teamwork, everyone is willing to help. just didnt feel it was challenging enough
Pros
great staf, team work
Cons
hard to move up
Productive Workplace
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dumont, NJJune 29, 2015
Very busy environment to work in as an office administrator. You have alot of responsibilities from verifying insurances, to scheduling patients.
Great customers and great interaction
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJanuary 13, 2015
This is a great company to work for if you love customer interaction.
Pros
constantly changing, never boring
Cons
long hours, short breaks
Fun group of people.
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ellicott City, MDJuly 8, 2014
Learned how to graph Lymphadema patient treatment process. Basic front desk work, with miscellaneous duties also to keep patients satisfied.
Great place to work with understanding and flexible upper management
SENIOR OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJJuly 29, 2013
Kessler is a good place to work if you are in upper management or a staff therapist. The work environment can be very busy and fast paced, which makes the 13 hour days go buy really quickly. I worked with Kessler for almost 11 years and I put myself through college, now with hefty amount in student loans, I had to look for other options for employment. I learned a great deal about Customer service while employed at Kessler, and it is their goal to provide outstanding service to patients. I miss the familiarity of the job and my patient population. I met some really awesome people. Kessler has a great reputation for making profound advancements in research and development. It's reputation was made popular by Christopher Reeves (Superman) who spent time after his accident. If you are looking for a safe and secure job with an outstanding reputation, Kessler is a good place to work.
Pros
job security if wanted, 2-3% raises every year, great reputaiton, good health benefits, 401K optins, tuition assistance for those that qualify (support staff not included)
Cons
No breaks on 13 hour days, lunches interupted, no opportunity of advancement, holidays are not paid (for support staff time is taken from PTO), non flexible work schedule, high turnover rate for support staff and therapist
Helping people is enjoyable
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  North Brunswick, NJOctober 6, 2012
Answer phones get patients charts ready
I've learned I enjoy healthcare and dealing with people
Management was great
My co-workers were friendly
The hardest part was when I had to deal with particular insurance companies, but I have plenty of patience and I learned to deal with it
I enjoyed when patients got better
Pros
wonderful work schedule, wearing scrubs
Cons
too far

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kessler Rehabilitation Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Kessler Rehabilitation Center Reviews by Location