1) the pay is $9.50 an hour. Even if you've worked there for years. No raises. Bonuses are $25 for 500 hours of safe driving, then another $25 for 500, etc. However, since most of us have been sitting for nearly all summer, those checks are few and far between. There is a drawing for $50 after 45 accident free days, but this also includes the mechanics and engineers who aren't on the roads. Depending on the project, there MAY be overtime, but it's not encouraged.
2) safety issues with the vehicles are not resolved. Kett is too worried about their bottom line and keeping the customers happy to look out for their (contractor) drivers.
3) Morale is extremely low for the above reasons. Even the actual Kett employees are burn outs (borderline reportable comments to the drivers)
4) it is not uncommon for hours to be incorrectly input for paychecks.
5) you will be driving for 7.5 to 8 hours a day in LA traffic. If you cannot stand that, don't apply.
No raises, no benefits, erratic hours, not a living wage