Kett Engineering Employee Reviews in United States

Kett Engineering
Test Driver (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 10, 2016
OK job for someone looking for part-time, on-call work. Work schedule is need based. Very low pay. Very difficult to plan around work schedule.
Seasonal work
Test Vehicle Operator (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZFebruary 4, 2016
A lot of fun due to being able to drive new and prototype cars before they hit the market. No room for advancement and it is seasonal only.
Enjoyed driving proto-type vehicles and testing new features
Driver (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZSeptember 16, 2015
Mostly driving 8 hours on a selected routes in New York, Pittsburgh, Chicago, San Francisco, and Los Angeles model year cars or trucks one to two years ahead of current model year testing new features and recording and documenting data.
Pros
Paid hotel accomodations, and food allowance for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Getting to see major cities in the US.
Cons
Being away from your family, computers are old and outdated with many problems and malfunctions, never knowing how long or how short you are working somewhere.
Fun place to work with good people
Test Driver (Current Employee) –  cal city californiaSeptember 10, 2015
Fun work place supportive management.
A place where you can grow and develop.
the most enjoyable part of the job is working alongside
my colleagues and learning from the engineers.
Cons
pay cap and no room to move up in the com.
Kett Engineering
Driver 2 (Former Employee) –  California City, CAMay 6, 2015
You don't have to have a brain to work there
Good people
I learned how to handle and drive cars better then I did before.
the hours are not the best
the supervisors are good
Pros
great people
Cons
the hours are not the best
Great co-workers
Test Driver (Current Employee) –  Carson, CADecember 27, 2014
Atmosphere is great with the group of drivers and Lead drivers on the AM shift.
Pros
great vehicles to drive, paid to sit & drie in traffic
Cons
apparently new drivers being offered $10/hr while current drivers only paid $9.50/hr
McJob
Test driver (Current Employee) –  Carson, CAOctober 7, 2014
1) the pay is $9.50 an hour. Even if you've worked there for years. No raises. Bonuses are $25 for 500 hours of safe driving, then another $25 for 500, etc. However, since most of us have been sitting for nearly all summer, those checks are few and far between. There is a drawing for $50 after 45 accident free days, but this also includes the mechanics and engineers who aren't on the roads. Depending on the project, there MAY be overtime, but it's not encouraged.
2) safety issues with the vehicles are not resolved. Kett is too worried about their bottom line and keeping the customers happy to look out for their (contractor) drivers.
3) Morale is extremely low for the above reasons. Even the actual Kett employees are burn outs (borderline reportable comments to the drivers)
4) it is not uncommon for hours to be incorrectly input for paychecks.
5) you will be driving for 7.5 to 8 hours a day in LA traffic. If you cannot stand that, don't apply.
Pros
mindless
Cons
no raises, no benefits, erratic hours, not a living wage
Part time good for supplemental incme when there is work
Test Car Diver (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJuly 8, 2014
Wow! Don't know where to start in the beginning they don't tell you that you will not be working everyday. They lead you to believe that there is room for growth with possibility to becoming a permanent employee. Not!!! all lies and deception as if the lies isn't enough things change from day to day very unorganized.
Pros
when study work good hours and ot
Cons
not getting paid enough for the long hours you put in.
great place to work
Test Driver (Former Employee) –  henderson NVJuly 8, 2014
best part of job was driving new auto models and feeling safe driving with your team
Pros
driving luxury models
Cons
breakdowns shortening your day
Close knit driver corps
Automobile Prototype Test Driver (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAJune 23, 2014
On call job. Needed full time job. This was a great job and I was treated very well by management and my peers.
Pros
great working conditions
Cons
not enough hours

Want to know more about Kett Engineering?

Ask a question
Relaxed but careful where needed
Durability Driver (Former Employee) –  Mojave, CaliforniaJanuary 7, 2014
Lots of driving but is a pretty easy job. Only strict where they need to be strict, otherwise a very fun place to work
Fun job
Vehicle Test Driver (Former Employee) –  Yuma, ArizonaOctober 16, 2013
This was a good job for those people who like to go to work and keep their heads down all the time. There were problem employees that the management didn't take care of. It was a new learning experience for me.
Pros
i liked the overall job
Cons
no stability in hours
A good job with a good supplemental income source
Driver (Current Employee) –  Carson, CAOctober 6, 2013
I was looking for a job that can give me a supplemental income with my steady pension. Kett Engineering offered that kind of job as a part time driver. The job is on a as need basis so you're not hired as a permanent full time employee that can get health benefits. The pay is minimal and the work schedule can be sporadic. So I don't recommend applying to this company if you are looking for a permanent full time steady work. The positions as driver is a good fit for maybe a college student or anyone who is looking to supplement their current steady income. Kett has been very accommodating to me in assigning my work schedule.
I like my co-workers that I drive with. And I like this type of job that does not have to deal with the public on a daily basis since that is what I did at my previous job.
Keep in mind that Kett Engineering is a good company with work that can be flexible but can be on a temporary basis.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
minimal pay. no medial benefits. work on a as needed basis
Great Company to work for.
Lead/Coordinator Driver (Former Employee) –  Maricopa, AZJuly 24, 2013
They just recently put a full staff in for HR which has not been ran here before. Changes have and will continue to be changed here for the better with the new HR group.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
work here only if you must
Test Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Henderson,NVJune 24, 2013
I was hired and then did not work for over a month. When I finally started working after the first week they started cancelling me due to lack of trucks. If you can work sporadically, then you're good to go here. the job itself is easy. Drive and pay attention.
Pros
easy job
Cons
seldom worked
Inexpensive Cars that go through some rigorous testing
Durability Test Driver (Former Employee) –  California City, CAApril 9, 2013
Drove pre and post production cars.
Its tedious but its actually kind of fun. You drive around a track going various speeds and doing different routines while tracking everything you do.
Pros
people, nice cars, no real labor
Cons
can be tedious, low pay, no benifits
The job was fun.
Supervisor/ Lead Test Driver (Former Employee) –  Cantil, CAMarch 27, 2013
The job was fun, but some of the coworkers where not. Its a good part time job for a little extra money. Don't expect to be come full time.
Good Experiance
Test Driver (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZFebruary 27, 2013
Easy going work atmosphere, pleasant co-workers, interesting job assignments, good comunication with supervisors. Hardest part of the job would be adverse weather conditions. Like to drive so this makes the job a good fit for me.
Pros
it is work that i enjoy
Cons
would like for there to be more work available.
Great Place To Work
Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIDecember 13, 2012
Every day was a little different in terms of job assignments and what needed to be be done. I spent some time building test vehicles, measuring test vehicles for data, supervising test drivers, driving test routes, conducting phone interviews of prospective new employees and contract workers. My favorite assignment was being in Vance, Ala. to supervise drivers and gather test data on the launch of the new MB vehicles. The hardest part of the job was prioritizing all the duties that needed to be accomplished in a typical day.
Pros
great boss and opportunity to learn management activites
Cons
some days were long hours
Temp Job as a Landscaper
Landscaping (Former Employee) –  Maricopa, AZDecember 4, 2012
I was hired as for a temporary position as a landscaper. The primary focus for my position was to maintain the Oleander bushes that bordered the facility.Although there was some initial confusion as to whom I reported to, once the confusion was addressed, communication was clear and relaxed. Originally there were 4 personnel that were hired into the landscaping aspect of the department, but through the course of a few months, those numbers decreased until it was only myself remaining. I had no personal problems with any of the employees. The most difficult aspect of the job were the early start hours. Due to the location of the facility, weather is a major factor to the amount of field work that is possible through out the day. Despite the weather issues, I did find the position to be a rewarding experience.

2.5