Kettering Health Network

Kettering Health Network Employee Reviews in United States

Lots of work to be done - education is irrelevant to pay
CMA (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHJuly 7, 2016
Compensation is based only on clocking in. 2% raise whether you are a hard worker or not. Education is ignored when it comes to pay.
Pros
Proud to say I work for KHN
Cons
Does not pay enough.
Great company
Charge RN/ RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 22, 2016
I worked an average of 36 hours a week, holidays, and weekends. It was hard work as floor work is hard work, but the company of coworkers made it a great environment.
Pharmacy Technician II (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHJune 20, 2016
I am a long time employee and most of the problems I have seen deal with management. Lately I have transferred to a position where I have a director that cares about their employees. I love my job and am happy with the benefits and pay.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Communication between management and employees could be better.
Management change affected environment
Assistant Controller - Finance / Decision Support (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHJune 6, 2016
New highest level of leadership changed the work environment. Loyalty no longer valued. New CEO from west coast hired COO also from west coast. Values of the organization changed overall.
Pros
Contributions of Health Care to society
Cons
Newly adopted culture.
Great Place to Work
Billing Team Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHApril 28, 2016
Kettering Health Network is great place to work, the health coverage package is also one of the best offered by most employers.
Pros
Lots of room for advancement
Cons
NA
Poor management
Scheduler II (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHApril 21, 2016
Stressful job. Didn't get much help from management bec he didn't know how to do the job. He plays favorites. The benefits and pay were what keep me there.
Safe and Caring Environment
Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHApril 7, 2016
My coworkers are amazing and are always there to help each other. Its a great family environment. One of the best Health Network's in the country.
Pros
Coworkers, benefits
Cons
nothing
Kettering
Clinical Informatics Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 11, 2016
I work in clinical informatics, and enjoy my job. I work on a lot of large projects for the network that deal with electronic medical records. I love my co-workers and enjoy working with them.
The problem solving in my job really keeps me motivated.
Kettering Health Network is a warm, friendly and caring place to work.
Patient Access Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHFebruary 17, 2016
Kettering Health Network provides a friendly working environment. They truly put the patient first and that carries through on all initiatives and daily processes. I enjoy working for Kettering Health Network and I just wish that they would have a more competitive pay rate for non-medical staff.
Cons
Pay is not competitive
Corporate does not help employees
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHFebruary 17, 2016
I was a manager and went to my director over a lot of unethical things that were taking place from my staff. I also met with HR and the VP as instructed by the Medical Director regarding these issues. The VP and HR indicated I needed to work this out with the director. The director had a lot of staff members he was very close to. So anytime I would go to 'coach' or give someone a write up I was underminded. It is sad that this organization is so big on coaching your employees, then when management reaches out for help, you get bullied and retaliated upon. I used to think this organization was great but they do not stand behind their employees as they preach so much in orientation and throughout the leadership classes you take. Sad because the office I was at could really use some TLC and that is what I was trying to accomplish.
Pros
Educate staff
Cons
You are told to report things, but are not taken seriously
Great Place
Senior intern (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 25, 2016
Great Place to work. Friendly atmosphere, clean, and well organized. I would recommend Kettering Health Network to anyone.
RT worst department
RT (Former Employee) –  KHNJanuary 24, 2016
Management is the worst ever, buddy system firmly in place. If they ever get rid of their current manager then things will improve greatly.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Poor management, too many favorites
Things are not as they seem
Patient Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHDecember 27, 2015
When I first started there I thought it was a wonderful place to work. Coworkers were nice everyone seemed willing to help. Until 10 months after employment. Complications started from a car accident & I needed to leave work an hour early 1 -2 days a month for a doctors appointment to get ready to have surgery. My head manager told me it was no problem, take the time off but before I could even have surgery he started finding ways to write me up. My teamlead started complaining about everything, down to making things up. I went from everyone liking me & my manager telling how terrific I was doing to being fired in only 2 months time. It didnt happen until I notified them I was going to need surgery & be off work for at least 2 - 3 weeks.

Another perosn on my team had worked there for almoat 4 years & made $3 less than I was hired in at. She was belittle in front of us everyday. When I complained about it to upper management, I know the tramlead was told I said it because then her & her freinds started treating me badly. Another person on my same team, which was only 7 of us kept applyi g for a different department. He had been with the company for over 10 years & kept getting turned down even though he had a degree in that field. People who kept getting the job had little or no experience but were freinds of managers. It took him 2 years to be finally promoted to that position.

My teamlead would not allow me over time when it was offered to or team, only the other girls were allowed to accept it. She said I didnt deserve it because my accounts were current. But I had
  more... Company online training I was not able to complete during work day & ahe would not permit me extra hours to do it.

My upper management team was a joke. They would tell you to your face they had an open confidential door. But then run & tell what you said to the person you needed to discuss.

The patient financial services department is a joke. I do not recommend them as an employer unless you are desperate & want the bare minimum salary.
Pros
loved the work I did, system easy to learn
Cons
low pay compared to other hospitals, hard to advance, teamlead was a micro manager
Wonderful Family
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHDecember 21, 2015
I started at Grandview Med Center in 1987- this was a family type atmosphere and we all worked together for our patients
Kettering bought us out in 1999 and things changed but as time went on we were able to get back the family feeling with our co workers and our patients
decent management
decent employees
group participation
encouraged by management to excel
low wages after you top out
nice vacation time
good morale boosters
Pros
nice vacation time as you gained seniority
Cons
low wages
Using faith and skills combined to serve those in medical need.
Office Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHNovember 25, 2015
Skilled professionals using faith and skills combined to serve community with increasing medical needs.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing people healed and being able to continue to live out their plans and dreams.

The hardest part of the job is knowing not everyone gets healed.
Excellant Company to work for with flexabile hours
HUC/CERTIFIED MEDICAL-NURSING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHNovember 8, 2015
I enjoy working at Kettering Health Network because of the people, endless job opportunities, flexible hours, many locations.
Pros
FLEXABLE HOURS
Cons
LONG HOURS
Great organization and environment
Office Assistant II/Fitness Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHNovember 6, 2015
Kettering Health Network is a great organization. My environment was fun and hardworking. I got along well with all of my co-workers and I learned a lot about healthcare in my time with Kettering
Good Company
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 22, 2015
Structured fun place with supportive management. You would go to work with a purpose and never leave empty.Good benefits from the start, and flexible scheduling.
very busy
Registered Emergency/Trauma Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHOctober 21, 2015
great people to work with but theres not enough employees. employees leave after one year in general. retension is a large issue due to the pace.
Pros
good commrades
Cons
too busy and change in clientelle
Its a job
Office Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 21, 2015
Its a job with benefits and once your in you have job security. Rate of pay is based solely on experience. There are many options.

2.9