Kettering Health Network

Kettering Health Network Employee Reviews

Variety of experiences
Respiratory Care Practitioner-Resource (Current Employee), Kettering, OHJune 22, 2015
Pros: High PRN pay, variety of experiences.
Cons: Issues within the department pertaining to day to day operations, low pay rate for FT/PT employees, high needs requirements from PRN staff (holidays/weekends/etc)
Able to utilize my knowledge of respiratory care to provide effective treatment, and create the best possible plans for patient care.
Good place to work for.
Phlebotomist/Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Kettering, OHJune 6, 2015
in a typical day at work, I am responsible for a 80 bed unit which includes labwork and testing for procedures carried out by surgeons
Great vision of community care
Cardiac Rehab - Exercise Physiologist (Current Employee), Kettering, OHMay 30, 2015
- typical day at work involves working closely with others in and out of your own department to not just help patients improve their current conditions but also help them change behaviors that will improve their future health and wellness.
- Lots of education and motivation in your specific fields.
- Hardest part of the job is seeing someone that doesn't want to change and knowing the consequences it will likely have on them and their family.
- Best part of the job is helping those who want to change, reach their goals and create a better lifestyle and knowing what that will mean for them and their family.
great site
Critical Care staff nurse (Current Employee), HamiltonMay 20, 2015
I work in intensive care with patients who require my full attention. I love my job and kettering cares about the patient as well as the staff.
My coworkers are the some of the most educated and caring people I know.
Worst job ever
housekeeper (Former Employee), soinMay 17, 2015
Pros: the patients
Cons: working there. the pay. and environment
The pay is horrible for what you are required to do. There is no room for advancment because there is such a high turnover. My manager was unprofessional and ahowed favoritism often.
a job that gives back to others
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Xenia, OHApril 23, 2015
Pros: steady hours, steady schedule, and wondrful residents
Cons: high deductable insurance, mediation process is non existant
the hardest part of this job is when the residents pass or become long-term care a opposed to rehabilitative care. i love the fact that interacting with residents and making each of their experiences personal is encouraged. i have had many opportunities to play the piano, sing to , and pray with residents. they touch my live as much as or more than i could ever touch their.
Respiratory Red Flag!! Don't just don't
RT (Current Employee), Kettering, OHApril 17, 2015
Pros: Chic Filet in Cafeteria sometimes
Cons: I think that's crystal clear
Think back to the best Resp Dept Managers/Critical care "specialist"/ nicu "specialist" etc etc... That you've ever worked for. Yeah, working here would be the opposite of that. If you are friendly, honest, accountable, empathetic, personable, hardworking, and normal, you don't fit in as far as their "Management Team" is concerned. Now, if you are dishonest, lazy, deceitful, mean spirited, and you enjoy throwing your coworkers under the bus when the Dept Manager yanks on your puppet strings, then you will fit in nicely and in no time will be considered for a fine Management position! There are alot of great therapists here that are good people, but unfortunately, we are losing them, and sadly will continue to until someone decides to clean house management wise. Very very sad. The Resp Dept at KH is in bad shape and is very poorly managed. She/they are clueless as to how to actually manage. Its Comical really! Very very weird dynamic that I would not wish on anyone. Glad it will be history soon.
nice place to work
Administrative Resource Float (Current Employee), Dayton, OHMarch 24, 2015
Resource position is ending soon. Need more hours and permanent position. Admin duties performed daily. Nice place to work.
Learning ability
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee), Miamisburg, OHFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: lack of training
Job was a challenge, in a good way. There was always something new to learn on a daily basis. There were a few employees always ready to help out with questions, majority of them did not want to be disturbed. Management was behind closed doors most of the day and unavailable for assistance. It was difficult to keep up with internal billing changes and health care providers daily changes and having appx 60 doctors offices doing billing task differently at each location made it extremely difficult to keep up.
Professional many changes in the medical billing field
Team Lead Surgery and Specialty Teams (Current Employee), Miamisburg, OHFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: learned a lot about medical insurance reimbursement
Work assigned work queues from EPIC system. Oversee the team with any questions they along with communications with practice managers, various insurance payers and patients. There are many changes in medical billing and knowing what all their guidelines along with knowing contracts and if claims were paid accordingly. Assist management keep them updated on issues and concerns that occur. When needed writing procedures in MS Word, creating spreadsheets in MS Excel and slides in MS PowerPoint. This positions has many intense and challenging issues, looking at the situation and produce the correct work around until an issue can be corrected. It is always rewarding when working a difficult claim and writing appeals and seeing that payment come in for services rendered.
A day for KHN
Patient Accounts Representative (Current Employee), Miamisburg, OHJanuary 20, 2015
I enjoy the people I work with, it's like a large family. Everyday I learn something new, whether its a new way to handle a claim or as simple as a new short cut to use. The hardest part of my job is when contacting insurance companies trying to figure out what they need from us to get the claims paid on. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing I help someone everyday.
They chew you up and spit you out.
Patrol Officer (Former Employee), each locationJanuary 15, 2015
Cons: it's as curropt as it can be
I was a patrol officer for this curropt company. The management staff is as corrupt as can be. The Chief has been fired from 2 other departments previously for miss use of funds (not surprising that money went missing from the evidence room at the hospital) and for false information in reports.
The "Major" is a former cheerleader with no police experience. lol he is a laughing stock and pretty sure he just has the job for his boyish looks and his ability to rim the Chief. the rest of the upper tier command staff is about as shady as them. Another former corrupt chief and a former trooper that hide behind his split tongue.
It's a hospital and only good for holding your commission as a police officer. you will receive no training, most the sergeants will just report your every move to the command staff in order to get a pat on the back. Oh lets not forget The Major and A sergeant JP both have been found unreliable on the stand. Meaning even the courts don't trust them.
If they find out you are looking for work elsewhere they will do everything they can to try and ruin your career and reputation.

good luck :)
Good Employees and Doctors
OR Tech (Former Employee), Fort Hamilton HospitalDecember 9, 2014
Pros: lots of hours
Cons: bad management
A typical day at work consisted of me coming in and turning over the rooms so we could move as efficiently as possible till we were done the i would start stocking the rooms and getting it ready for the next work day.
i learned a lot about the way the OR flows and the tools used in surgery.
the management was lacking the woman in charge hadn't been a nurse for more then a year and really didn't know how to properly run it.
My Co-Workers were the best i have ever had. All of them were very kind and hard working individuals that would help you in any way possible.
The Hardest part of my job was continually trying to impress my management i did everything i could just to make them happy and it never seemed to work.
The most enjoyable part would of been the people i met while i was there they helped me in more way then i can think of.
a good place to work, lots of team work in rehab department
OTA/L (Current Employee), Rehab department sycamore glen health centerDecember 2, 2014
Pros: enjoyable work environment with in therapy staff
Cons: poor team work as a whole therapy nursing and management
hardest part of my job is dealling with loss. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing a pt devestated with health accident/injury and rehabing them till they go home.
KMC FOR LIFE
Supply Technician (Former Employee), Kettering OhioNovember 17, 2014
Pros: supportive work environment
Cons: under staffing buy management
A typical day at Kettering was like most places, sometime you would have good days and bad days.
What I've learned the most for working Kettering Medical Center is this, Every employee is responsible for making sure that a patient time there was a pleasant experiences.
Management there is very supportive of employee.
I had a great team of co-workers that worked vary hard each and every day.
Hardest part of the job was under staffing and having to do someone else job.
I enjoyed working to make someone else day a work a little easer from the doctors the nurse and specially the patients.
I LOVE WORKING
wap tables (Former Employee), Kettering, OHOctober 13, 2014
I WHAT TO DO SOMETING WHERE I DO NOT DO THE SAME JOB EVERY DAY SOMETING NEW
managers and coworkers will throw you under bus to save themselves
accounts (Former Employee), miamisburg ohioAugust 19, 2014
Pros: schedule
Cons: high deduct insurance, manages are not qualified for their jobs
To many chiefs not enough indians. you have managers who worry about people they are not even in charge of. co-workers that run and tell every little thing thinking it will better them. very stressful environment to work in. if you like to be micro managed and questioned about everything, even about going to bathroom this is the place for you. if you want to be treated like an adult don't apply.
BAD PLACE TO WORK
xray tech (Former Employee), GreeneJuly 18, 2014
Cons: had to work with no lunches and were told we could not get a lunch credit.
As a former employee, this hospital was a very bad place to work, especially the last year of 2013 and 2014. They had new management, (brought over from Soin) and only cared about the numbers of patients we did everyday instead of our quality of work. They fudged the numbers, and hours were moved around to make it look better on the xray supervisors. Problem employees were brought to the attention of management, and they did not care. Certain employees got away with situations that were not right. if you want to feel appreciated on your job do not work here. You will be spending a lot of nights stressing over your jobs with no satisfaction
Resident centered care
LPN (Current Employee), Xenia, OHJune 26, 2014
The care that is given at kettering is a geared to the residents. We car about their need first.
Team Work
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Xenia, OHJune 23, 2014
Pros: team work
Cons: bad employee insurance
I enjoyed working at this facility. Everyone was welcoming as a new employee. The nurses included me in their routine so that I could learn. Everyone worked very well as a team.
Industry