Kettering Health Network

Kettering Health Network Employee Reviews

enjoyable working with the people over there
Project Designer (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHFebruary 13, 2017
Fun work over there
really relax working environment
talking with my supervisor is really useful
I learned a lot about medical equipment details
non
State Tested Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHJanuary 30, 2017
not a good place to work nurses will make sure you get into trouble if they don't like you and they try to get you fired didn't like working there at all to many people you work with will stab you in the back only good thing about it was the pay scale and benefits
great positive place to work, cared about employees
Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHJanuary 24, 2017
go into work early, fast paced work environment. learned a lot about medical supplies. job could get very stressful. loved learning new things every day.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
stressfull
Great company to work for
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OhioJanuary 16, 2017
Great company to work for, enjoy my job there, looking for something else to increase my knowledge and learning experience.
Was fun. great nursing staff.
EVS (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHJanuary 10, 2017
Great place to work. Made amazing friends. The nursing staff was great to work with. Loved to help the nursing and patients alike. If a patient needed a warm blanket, it was ok, and appreciated, if I got that blanket. That environment is great to work in.
secure place to work
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHDecember 28, 2016
I have had the chance to prosper at KHN. but the pay is not where it needs to be where I would feel financially comfortable. The opportunity for advancement is practically nonexistent,
Pros
good place to advance
Cons
money could be better
Nice place to work
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 20, 2016
Cleaning and making beds, mops the rooms, wash the windows, dust the bottom of the bed and behind the televisions that are in the room.
Isolation rooms are the hardest, due to the fact that you need to use special chemicals to clean the room and it takes longer to do these rooms.
Kettering Health Network - Rehab
OTA (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 25, 2016
Management is currently restructuring and improving communications among staff. Good cohesiveness among peers. Supportive staff from discipline to discipline in many areas of the hospital.
Waxing floors
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHNovember 21, 2016
I would come in and sign off a cart with all the cleaning supplies on it. I would go to the meeting room where we prayed and got assigned to our floors. From there i would go get my floor machines and take them up on the floor.
Great place to work.
Environmental Services Worker (Current Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHNovember 11, 2016
Great place to work. Very good to their employees. Love it. Christian based, rewards for job well done,keeps u involved and up to date on company. Pays well.
Hate This Place
specimen process I'd (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 31, 2016
Stay away. Don't waste your precious years of life. Job security, none. Culture, sort of mixed depending on where you apply. Money good. Not trustworthy. Will fire you for stupid reasons. It's a no-fault state in Ohio and they use that law to fire you.
Pros
money
Cons
not trustworthy
Busy work pace with compassionate employees
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHOctober 24, 2016
My day starts with reviewing and correcting errors on claim before they are released to insurance companies. Following up with multiple insurance companies on the status of a claim and receiving payment. The hardest part of my job is following u; on denied claims and getting payment from insurance companies.
Pros
Many tream building activities
Cons
only 1 20 min lunch break for an 8 hour shift
Just as the on reviewer stated it is a job
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  KMCOctober 22, 2016
Yes, it was a job, not even the best or that good of a job, there is no job security as others have posted, We got a new nurse manager who on her first day came on the unit and stated that she had friends that needed a job and some of you will be leaving. There were times when I came back from lunch and another employee was at my computer shopping. Since it was my computer I was accused of shopping on the job. To begin with, they should have checked my whereabouts when these shopping excursions took place. I reported this to the nurse manager who would do nothing (it was one of her friends), so I went to HR who said they would protect my position and make sure it was taken care of, they went to the nurse manager and within 2 weeks the nurse manager and some of her friends that were employees fabricate and elaborate story and I was terminated. Had there been any investigation they would have known none of what was being said was true.
Pros
Cons
Dishonest employer
A progressive non-profit hospital system.
Environmental Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 17, 2016
A progressive non-profit religious hospital system focused on numbers and patient care. One of the two area hospital systems. It is always working on increasing it's market share in the Dayton, Ohio area. Benefits are excellent-received my MBA through tuition reimbursement. It is a decent system for employees.
The IT department
Epic System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHAugust 30, 2016
The computer network/IT dept. is a fast paced, highly developed and demanding environment. New technical challenges are constantly presented. Supporting the customer is the primary goal, ensuring all users can accomplish their mission. My co-workers are a dedicated lot, with highly developed skills and knowledge. Management is attentive, responsive and competent.
Not a Christian environment; research direct management
Admin/clerk (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHJuly 24, 2016
Research the manager before accepting any position. Personal and private relationships dictate promotions. Do not be impressed with the advertising. Money does not buy class. Ask for more money. Create firm space between work-life boundaries. Medical records are assessable to coworkers.
Benefits
Cons
Coworkers have access to benefits. Expect to discuss these details.
Administrative Fellow (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 18, 2016
The people are friendly, you are trained well and are able to acquire a large set of skills in which otherwise they would not able to get.
Lots of work to be done - education is irrelevant to pay
CMA (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHJuly 7, 2016
Compensation is based only on clocking in. 2% raise whether you are a hard worker or not. Education is ignored when it comes to pay.
Pros
Proud to say I work for KHN
Cons
Does not pay enough.
Great company
Charge RN/ RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 22, 2016
I worked an average of 36 hours a week, holidays, and weekends. It was hard work as floor work is hard work, but the company of coworkers made it a great environment.
Pharmacy Technician II (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHJune 20, 2016
I am a long time employee and most of the problems I have seen deal with management. Lately I have transferred to a position where I have a director that cares about their employees. I love my job and am happy with the benefits and pay.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Communication between management and employees could be better.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kettering Health Network. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9