Kettering Health Network

Kettering Health Network Employer Reviews

Professional many changes in the medical billing field
Team Lead Surgery and Specialty Teams (Current Employee), Miamisburg, OHFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: learned a lot about medical insurance reimbursement
Work assigned work queues from EPIC system. Oversee the team with any questions they along with communications with practice managers, various insurance payers and patients. There are many changes in medical billing and knowing what all their guidelines along with knowing contracts and if claims were paid accordingly. Assist management keep them updated on issues and concerns that occur. When needed writing procedures in MS Word, creating spreadsheets in MS Excel and slides in MS PowerPoint. This positions has many intense and challenging issues, looking at the situation and produce the correct work around until an issue can be corrected. It is always rewarding when working a difficult claim and writing appeals and seeing that payment come in for services rendered.
A day for KHN
Patient Accounts Representative (Current Employee), Miamisburg, OHJanuary 20, 2015
I enjoy the people I work with, it's like a large family. Everyday I learn something new, whether its a new way to handle a claim or as simple as a new short cut to use. The hardest part of my job is when contacting insurance companies trying to figure out what they need from us to get the claims paid on. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing I help someone everyday.
They chew you up and spit you out.
Patrol Officer (Former Employee), each locationJanuary 15, 2015
Cons: it's as curropt as it can be
I was a patrol officer for this curropt company. The management staff is as corrupt as can be. The Chief has been fired from 2 other departments previously for miss use of funds (not surprising that money went missing from the evidence room at the hospital) and for false information in reports.
The "Major" is a former cheerleader with no police experience. lol he is a laughing stock and pretty sure he just has the job for his boyish looks and his ability to rim the Chief. the rest of the upper tier command staff is about as shady as them. Another former corrupt chief and a former trooper that hide behind his split tongue.
It's a hospital and only good for holding your commission as a police officer. you will receive no training, most the sergeants will just report your every move to the command staff in order to get a pat on the back. Oh lets not forget The Major and A sergeant JP both have been found unreliable on the stand. Meaning even the courts don't trust them.
If they find out you are looking for work elsewhere they will do everything they can to try and ruin your career and reputation.

good luck :)
Good Employees and Doctors
OR Tech (Former Employee), Fort Hamilton HospitalDecember 9, 2014
Pros: lots of hours
Cons: bad management
A typical day at work consisted of me coming in and turning over the rooms so we could move as efficiently as possible till we were done the i would start stocking the rooms and getting it ready for the next work day.
i learned a lot about the way the OR flows and the tools used in surgery.
the management was lacking the woman in charge hadn't been a nurse for more then a year and really didn't know how to properly run it.
My Co-Workers were the best i have ever had. All of them were very kind and hard working individuals that would help you in any way possible.
The Hardest part of my job was continually trying to impress my management i did everything i could just to make them happy and it never seemed to work.
The most enjoyable part would of been the people i met while i was there they helped me in more way then i can think of.
a good place to work, lots of team work in rehab department
OTA/L (Current Employee), Rehab department sycamore glen health centerDecember 2, 2014
Pros: enjoyable work environment with in therapy staff
Cons: poor team work as a whole therapy nursing and management
hardest part of my job is dealling with loss. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing a pt devestated with health accident/injury and rehabing them till they go home.
KMC FOR LIFE
Supply Technician (Former Employee), Kettering OhioNovember 17, 2014
Pros: supportive work environment
Cons: under staffing buy management
A typical day at Kettering was like most places, sometime you would have good days and bad days.
What I've learned the most for working Kettering Medical Center is this, Every employee is responsible for making sure that a patient time there was a pleasant experiences.
Management there is very supportive of employee.
I had a great team of co-workers that worked vary hard each and every day.
Hardest part of the job was under staffing and having to do someone else job.
I enjoyed working to make someone else day a work a little easer from the doctors the nurse and specially the patients.
I LOVE WORKING
wap tables (Former Employee), Kettering, OHOctober 13, 2014
I WHAT TO DO SOMETING WHERE I DO NOT DO THE SAME JOB EVERY DAY SOMETING NEW
managers and coworkers will throw you under bus to save themselves
accounts (Former Employee), miamisburg ohioAugust 19, 2014
Pros: schedule
Cons: high deduct insurance, manages are not qualified for their jobs
To many chiefs not enough indians. you have managers who worry about people they are not even in charge of. co-workers that run and tell every little thing thinking it will better them. very stressful environment to work in. if you like to be micro managed and questioned about everything, even about going to bathroom this is the place for you. if you want to be treated like an adult don't apply.
BAD PLACE TO WORK
xray tech (Former Employee), GreeneJuly 18, 2014
Cons: had to work with no lunches and were told we could not get a lunch credit.
As a former employee, this hospital was a very bad place to work, especially the last year of 2013 and 2014. They had new management, (brought over from Soin) and only cared about the numbers of patients we did everyday instead of our quality of work. They fudged the numbers, and hours were moved around to make it look better on the xray supervisors. Problem employees were brought to the attention of management, and they did not care. Certain employees got away with situations that were not right. if you want to feel appreciated on your job do not work here. You will be spending a lot of nights stressing over your jobs with no satisfaction
Resident centered care
LPN (Current Employee), Xenia, OHJune 26, 2014
The care that is given at kettering is a geared to the residents. We car about their need first.
Team Work
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Xenia, OHJune 23, 2014
Pros: team work
Cons: bad employee insurance
I enjoyed working at this facility. Everyone was welcoming as a new employee. The nurses included me in their routine so that I could learn. Everyone worked very well as a team.
Great work crew
Staff Nurse II (Former Employee), Dayton, OHApril 30, 2014
Great co-workers. Work is fast paced environment. Hardest part of job is not getting to know everyone or share like you wish you could.
has its good and bad days
Housekeeping (Current Employee), Kettering, OHApril 16, 2014
Pros: good benfits
Cons: they are very picky and some times rude
to be honest its not a bad place to work just some people in the deparmeant make it hard for others and somethings they are unfair to new comers
I helped the patients in any way that I could within company guidelines.
CANCER SPECIALIST OF GREATER DAYTON (Former Employee), Kettering, OhioApril 2, 2014
Pros: giving the best service that i could give to the patients.
Checking patients in for chemo treatments or physicians appointments, labs, nurse visit. I learned a lot about the medical field, their was a lot of team work, from my co-workers, schedulers, medical assistants, nurses, doctors, lab. The hardest part of my job is when a patient expired. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping waiting on the patients, and greeting them with a smile.
F-
Former Employee (Former Employee), SoinMarch 8, 2014
Horrible place to work. Management not open to input, safety protocols not in place, no support during crisis, pay scale substandard. Worried about money and little else.
Demands greater than resources available
RN (Former Employee), Kettering hospitalFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: nursing experience
Cons: demands greater than resources
"This is a hard place to fit in" said my Preceptor during orientation.
There is no allowance for being sick, you simply get an occurrence. You can not clock in more than 5 minutes before your shift & can not clock in one minute late. You have only a 30 minute break, if you can get it, during a 12 hour shift. Difficult to get help with load of patients needs, but management is concerned about patient's length of stay & their press ganey survey results being highly scored. I was told there was not high turn over but none of the people who interviewed me were still employed when I left. The nurse educator did not help educate. Some of the team leads were helpful, one was excellent (KO). I asked a colleague if I offended her & she said "Oh no, I can just be a b****".
One nurse wouldn't talk to me until she wanted me to cover shifts for her. If it's your 1st time doing something, a lot of people act like you are incompetent because it's your first time.
There are good people there but the majority of the culture is based on favoritism of employees who have been there the longest (and those employees complain about how bad the place has become). They don't really seem to want to keep the staff they have because they feel "there are nurses lined up to take your place."
Kettering Health Network
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Kettering, OHJanuary 13, 2014
Kettering Health Network housekeeper are to make the environment a clean place for the patients to come. The thing I have learned at Kettering Health Network is making a difference in patients life. The management is great with helping problems and helping out. Some of my co-workers helped me out by showing me skills on cleaning up rooms. One of the hardest part of my job are seeing patients really ill. The most enjoyable part about my job is talking and helping patients.
Busy 23hr observation floor,but awesome coworkers
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Dayton, OHDecember 17, 2013
Pros: great people to work with, worked around my school schedule well
Cons: everyone is over worked, dont get paid enough for the work we do
My coworkers on night shift are amazing and work well with each other!
Be careful
Pct (Former Employee), KhnDecember 5, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: management, disorganized
Very disorganized company. I worked for them for 4 years left and came back and boy have they changed. They used to care about there employees but not any more. All they care about is there image and patient satisfaction. They will let anyone be a manager and they don't know what they are doing. Management plays favoritism and listens to what others say about an employee than finding themselves.
They just don't care about their employees
Unit Clerk (Former Employee), Kettering Medical CenterDecember 4, 2013
Pros: close to where i live
Cons: management doesn't care, health insurance is horrible, uncaring to employees.
I worked to KHN for five years part of that time is when my mother had cancer and passed away though they were understanding while she was battling cancer afterwards when I struggled with things they just didn't care and eventually eliminated our jobs because it was cheaper and more cost effective to do something else. KHN is all about making theirselves money. They would tell the nurses to come in sick knowing full well that the patients would be ill as well if you came into contact with them.

Do NOT work for this place, their benefits used to be great but their health insurance is horrible and other co-workers have felt the same and got out of their. I've had a chance to go back but I won't go back to KHN.

About Kettering Health Network

Kettering Health Network is a not-for-profit network of seven hospitals, eight emergency rooms and more than 75 outpatient facilities – Read more