Kettering Health Network Employee Reviews

Good Place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHJanuary 9, 2018
Good place to work, the only reason I left was due to relocation. Good benefits are offered to employees. The network is very responsive to employee feedback.
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Xenia, OHDecember 4, 2017
Like I said before, if not for getting breast cancer I would still be there and hopefully I’ll get to go back. Everyone I worked with was so friendly and helpful especially when I first started. I think having a faith based hospital you attract employees that really care about the care they give their patients.
Pros
Can’t say I met a rude employee, love the religion based healthcare. They care about the patients!
Cons
The only thing I would have liked to have was a little more training at first.
great experience
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHDecember 4, 2017
The network is always seeking for individuals to improve and grow in new positions. would recommend to anyone to find a place for them within this network.
Great place to intern
Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 1, 2017
The culture is very conservative as expected from a christian institution and its great. The most enjoyable part about interning here is that you will have the opportunity to rotate in almost all departments which is a plus for an internship experience. Hardest part of the job was leaving the place. felt like home very quickly, even though i did not like the location.
Pros
Civilized people, benefits, management, ethics
Cons
pay
Complex
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHNovember 25, 2017
Typical day would start with pre-shift briefing and assignments. i was responsible for ECG,foley insertion, and cleaning of patients and rooms. Under direction of RN and MD i would assist in patient care roles set forth by my scope of practice
Enjoyed job
Precertification Specialist and scheduling (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHNovember 24, 2017
Loved the location I worked at. Loved my co-workers. Leadership worked with you to help provide a culture of team work and competitiveness.
I felt I need more opportunity to grow, and felt that I was at a point that I need to look for other opportunities
Pros
Groweth
Challenge
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  daytonNovember 15, 2017
Enjoyed the challenge to make a difference now ready for another challenge. Total of 20 years here, came back now for 1+year for opportunity to make a difference with a new management team.
Horrible management
Physician Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHOctober 25, 2017
Poor culture, poor management, poor training, but great benefits. Management will not help, I was trained by fellow employees instead of management; come to find out management didn’t know how to do most procedures and didn’t know most policies.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Poor management, no career advancement
great entry level position.
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHOctober 23, 2017
Great place to learn and grow in the medical field. Great entrance level position. I enjoyed the friendly staff and the fast paced environment. Met great people while employed
Pros
long shifts
Cons
short breaks
Great organization
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHOctober 23, 2017
Great learning environment for new graduates. There are multiple opportunities for advancement and to make a positive impact for those that are interested. Good organization to work for.
benefits
not especially satisfied
Radiology Technologist (Current Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHOctober 19, 2017
I am currently unsatisfied in my position at KHN. My department is poorly managed. Favoritism is common place.
I do, however, enjoy the career I chose. I enjoy the physicians I work with.
Nutrition Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, OhioOctober 17, 2017
Great place to work, great pay and people. Coworkers are fun and friendly. Management is accommodating and nice. Pay is very good. Occassional bonuses and gifts. Great environment and upbeat atmosphere.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Stressful
Engaging work environment
iSupport Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHOctober 12, 2017
Great place to work and start a career. Leadership takes an active role in how you're doing or progressing. They genuinely care about what happens to their employees or help them advance their careers.
Pros
Knowledgeable staff, Benefits and Perks, Leadership
Cons
Stressful, Possible Promote Within, Communication
Overpromised and Underdelivered
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHSeptember 28, 2017
Leadership overpromises on support for staff (i.e. more staff or new technology), work/life balance, and opportunity for advancement. Every town hall meeting, staff meeting, or annual review we'd get the same thing and none of it was eve delivered. They will always go with an outsider for a new position rather than growing and advancing their own staff. Politics will always win over hard work.
Pros
Staff are close knit and great to work with
Cons
Leadership is hypocritical
Buyer beware
Current employee; professional position (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 26, 2017
Kettering presents itself as a Christian organization to the community; looks are deceiving. I worked with people who were antagonistic towards Christianity. I witnessed promotions being granted based on favortism. The peter principle thrives.Buyer beware.
Pros
Beautiful facilities and elite community reputation
Cons
Favortism culture determines promotions.
Special Procedures Technologist (Current Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHSeptember 13, 2017
The network as a whole takes care of the employees that make it run. Like family everyone has to adjust to growing and ever changing insurance plans and reimbursement. The network works hard to give balance to a healthy life for every employee.
Salary
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHAugust 24, 2017
Kettering has a terrible rate of pay, they are always short staffed, they keep piling the work onto employees with no incentive. I was doing 4 jobs for the same amount of money for 3 years.
Pros
nice organization
Cons
pay
Good place to get basic experience.
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 11, 2017
Unless you are friends with upper management do not expect to move up into director or above positions. Favoritism is rampant. Poor nurse to patient ratios. High employee turnover. No respect for experience. No plan to retain experienced staff.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Poor opportunity for advancement
Loved working with patients
EVS Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, OHJuly 18, 2017
Always short handed. While we are busting our humps, Manager and so called Crew leaders sit in office doing nothing. When approached about getting no help, you are the bad employee!! Manager has favoritism by far!! She says one thing but does another. Not trustworthy! Also says, can't hire relatives in same dept. but yet night shift supervisor has her niece on her shift and sister on first shift. Crew leader has brother and nephew working under her. Not right!!!
Pros
Helping patients.
Cons
Crew leaders pull race card all the time and get by with it!
Poor leadership
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHJuly 8, 2017
Consistently bad leadership. Managers have favorites. Favorites are given advancement opportunities. Employees are not compensated or promoted based on qualifications or expertise.
Pros
Organization cares about patients
Cons
Incompetent management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kettering Health Network. Our community is ready to answer.