Kettering Health Network

Kettering Health Network Employee Reviews

RT worst department
RT (Former Employee) –  KHNJanuary 24, 2016
Management is the worst ever, buddy system firmly in place. If they ever get rid of their current manager then things will improve greatly.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Poor management, too many favorites
Things are not as they seem
Patient Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHDecember 27, 2015
When I first started there I thought it was a wonderful place to work. Coworkers were nice everyone seemed willing to help. Until 10 months after employment. Complications started from a car accident & I needed to leave work an hour early 1 -2 days a month for a doctors appointment to get ready to have surgery. My head manager told me it was no problem, take the time off but before I could even have surgery he started finding ways to write me up. My teamlead started complaining about everything, down to making things up. I went from everyone liking me & my manager telling how terrific I was doing to being fired in only 2 months time. It didnt happen until I notified them I was going to need surgery & be off work for at least 2 - 3 weeks.

Another perosn on my team had worked there for almoat 4 years & made $3 less than I was hired in at. She was belittle in front of us everyday. When I complained about it to upper management, I know the tramlead was told I said it because then her & her freinds started treating me badly. Another person on my same team, which was only 7 of us kept applyi g for a different department. He had been with the company for over 10 years & kept getting turned down even though he had a degree in that field. People who kept getting the job had little or no experience but were freinds of managers. It took him 2 years to be finally promoted to that position.

My teamlead would not allow me over time when it was offered to or team, only the other girls were allowed to accept it. She said I didnt deserve it because my accounts were current. But I had
  more... Company online training I was not able to complete during work day & ahe would not permit me extra hours to do it.

My upper management team was a joke. They would tell you to your face they had an open confidential door. But then run & tell what you said to the person you needed to discuss.

The patient financial services department is a joke. I do not recommend them as an employer unless you are desperate & want the bare minimum salary.
Pros
loved the work I did, system easy to learn
Cons
low pay compared to other hospitals, hard to advance, teamlead was a micro manager
Wonderful Family
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHDecember 21, 2015
I started at Grandview Med Center in 1987- this was a family type atmosphere and we all worked together for our patients
Kettering bought us out in 1999 and things changed but as time went on we were able to get back the family feeling with our co workers and our patients
decent management
decent employees
group participation
encouraged by management to excel
low wages after you top out
nice vacation time
good morale boosters
Pros
nice vacation time as you gained seniority
Cons
low wages
Using faith and skills combined to serve those in medical need.
Office Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHNovember 25, 2015
Skilled professionals using faith and skills combined to serve community with increasing medical needs.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing people healed and being able to continue to live out their plans and dreams.

The hardest part of the job is knowing not everyone gets healed.
Excellant Company to work for with flexabile hours
HUC/CERTIFIED MEDICAL-NURSING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHNovember 8, 2015
I enjoy working at Kettering Health Network because of the people, endless job opportunities, flexible hours, many locations.
Pros
FLEXABLE HOURS
Cons
LONG HOURS
Great organization and environment
Office Assistant II/Fitness Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHNovember 6, 2015
Kettering Health Network is a great organization. My environment was fun and hardworking. I got along well with all of my co-workers and I learned a lot about healthcare in my time with Kettering
Good Company
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 22, 2015
Structured fun place with supportive management. You would go to work with a purpose and never leave empty.Good benefits from the start, and flexible scheduling.
very busy
Registered Emergency/Trauma Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHOctober 21, 2015
great people to work with but theres not enough employees. employees leave after one year in general. retension is a large issue due to the pace.
Pros
good commrades
Cons
too busy and change in clientelle
Its a job
Office Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 21, 2015
Its a job with benefits and once your in you have job security. Rate of pay is based solely on experience. There are many options.
Ok but could do alot better.
Patient Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHOctober 8, 2015
In my few years with the network, I find it very difficult to move up and have the opportunity to learn other areas of the network. I have also, observed others who are moving up in the network is hand-picked by upper management, whether he or she is the right fit for the higher position. I feel the "Peter Principle" is used in this network often, which phases out employees with great potential and transferable skill-sets to obtain that same opportunity as the hand-picked employees are receiving. In addition, I believe the network could be a little bit more racially diverse in their executive; middle and lower management teams. This will allow more communication between employees to manager because, the employee will feel the manager is able to relate to certain situations some employees are facing. Most of all, the employee will have TRUST in his or her management system, and not walk away feeling as if you spoke with a buddy system. I am very happy with my job, just a few tweaks needed from the network.
Pros
good work hours
Cons
unable to advance
Educational and Satisfying
EEG Tech (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHSeptember 15, 2015
The time here is a really good learning experience. There is a diverse group of patients to work on, Ranging from newborns to seniors.
Pros
New patients everyday
Cons
Some patients are in real bad condition.
It is a good place to work.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg OhioSeptember 2, 2015
It's a great place to work with good pay and benefits.

I always made a good living.

A normal day is patrolling the hospital and grounds to insure that the area is a safe place for both the employees and visitors.

My co-workers were great to work with and they are the one that made the job fun.

The hard part of the job is dealing with patients that are violent and not cooperating with staff.
Pros
Good people to work with.
Cons
Its just like any place you work there will always be cons.
Variety of experiences
Respiratory Care Practitioner-Resource (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHJune 22, 2015
Able to utilize my knowledge of respiratory care to provide effective treatment, and create the best possible plans for patient care.
Pros
High PRN pay, variety of experiences.
Cons
Issues within the department pertaining to day to day operations, low pay rate for FT/PT employees, high needs requirements from PRN staff (holidays/weekends/etc)
Good place to work for.
Phlebotomist/Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHJune 6, 2015
in a typical day at work, I am responsible for a 80 bed unit which includes labwork and testing for procedures carried out by surgeons
Great vision of community care
Cardiac Rehab - Exercise Physiologist (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHMay 30, 2015
- typical day at work involves working closely with others in and out of your own department to not just help patients improve their current conditions but also help them change behaviors that will improve their future health and wellness.
- Lots of education and motivation in your specific fields.
- Hardest part of the job is seeing someone that doesn't want to change and knowing the consequences it will likely have on them and their family.
- Best part of the job is helping those who want to change, reach their goals and create a better lifestyle and knowing what that will mean for them and their family.
great site
Critical Care staff nurse (Current Employee) –  HamiltonMay 20, 2015
I work in intensive care with patients who require my full attention. I love my job and kettering cares about the patient as well as the staff.
My coworkers are the some of the most educated and caring people I know.
Worst job ever
housekeeper (Former Employee) –  soinMay 17, 2015
The pay is horrible for what you are required to do. There is no room for advancment because there is such a high turnover. My manager was unprofessional and ahowed favoritism often.
Pros
the patients
Cons
working there. the pay. and environment
a job that gives back to others
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Xenia, OHApril 23, 2015
the hardest part of this job is when the residents pass or become long-term care a opposed to rehabilitative care. i love the fact that interacting with residents and making each of their experiences personal is encouraged. i have had many opportunities to play the piano, sing to , and pray with residents. they touch my live as much as or more than i could ever touch their.
Pros
steady hours, steady schedule, and wondrful residents
Cons
high deductable insurance, mediation process is non existant
Respiratory Red Flag!! Don't just don't
RT (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHApril 17, 2015
Think back to the best Resp Dept Managers/Critical care "specialist"/ nicu "specialist" etc etc... That you've ever worked for. Yeah, working here would be the opposite of that. If you are friendly, honest, accountable, empathetic, personable, hardworking, and normal, you don't fit in as far as their "Management Team" is concerned. Now, if you are dishonest, lazy, deceitful, mean spirited, and you enjoy throwing your coworkers under the bus when the Dept Manager yanks on your puppet strings, then you will fit in nicely and in no time will be considered for a fine Management position! There are alot of great therapists here that are good people, but unfortunately, we are losing them, and sadly will continue to until someone decides to clean house management wise. Very very sad. The Resp Dept at KH is in bad shape and is very poorly managed. She/they are clueless as to how to actually manage. Its Comical really! Very very weird dynamic that I would not wish on anyone. Glad it will be history soon.
Pros
Chic Filet in Cafeteria sometimes
Cons
I think that's crystal clear
nice place to work
Administrative Resource Float (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 24, 2015
Resource position is ending soon. Need more hours and permanent position. Admin duties performed daily. Nice place to work.