Kettering Medical Center Employee Reviews

Kettering need some improving..
Clinical Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 3, 2017
Worst place I ever work ... They are good for medical issues for all people.. They just don't support their employees.. Manager stick together even in the wrong ,not for the employees ..
Pros
Holidays Pay /benefits
Cons
Manager staff and H.R
rather not say
Medical/Surgical Unit- Staff nurse (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHMarch 27, 2017
Have not worked there for over 20 years so I really don't have anything to say regarding Kettering Medical Center. I don't see how this is relevant to applying for a job on this site.
Great teamwork and caring from the staff
Registered Nurse, Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Sycamore Medical CenterMarch 8, 2017
This job was one of my most rewarding. It was like working with family. The emergency department was busy, but everyone worked together to take care of the patients. You were never alone in any situation.
Pros
Great coworkers.
Cons
Very busy.
Working in a Hospital
Financial Statistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHMarch 4, 2017
The Kettering Health Network strives to do well by their employees. Overall, it is a nice place to come to work every day.
Productive and caring place to work
Medical Secretary in Pulmonary Rehab (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHFebruary 5, 2017
Productive and caring place to work
Respectful coworkers
Safety first with patients
Nice place to work.
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHJanuary 22, 2017
Very clean up beat place to work. Everyone will jump out and help when you need help. You learn something new everyday that you are at work. And its nice getting to help people
Was a great place to work until they changed CEO
RN, Charge (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHDecember 6, 2016
The patient to nurse ratio are very poor: Med-surg handles 7-8 patients and cardiac and specialty floors carry 5-6 they do not take in account the acuity. The managers appear stressed and overworked. Benefits are good. you typically work 3 twelve hours days and they micromanage your hours and the work in very intense and when you do finally get a day or two off you are so sore and exhausted you can't enjoy your time off.
benefits
Cons
patient to RN ratio, seldom get an un-interupted break, work is intense
great place to work
Secretary, Radiation Therapy Department (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OH 45409September 25, 2016
started my medical profession here; grew
Encouraged by physicians and managment to further my eduction.
Department worked with me while i pursued my career in Radiation Therapy
Changes in the hospital setting
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHAugust 7, 2016
12 hours shifts required for most staff nursing positions.
I loved the opportunities to learn every shift I worked.
Management changes happen everywhere but it seems most frequently at this facility.
My co-workers were a great group of nurses dedicated to their patients and each other.
The 12 hours shifts became the hardest part of my job and the heavy pt workload.
Pros
The patients
Meaningful work
Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHFebruary 1, 2016
Kettering believes the work done there is sacred. The culture and mission are conducive to healing and providing compassionate care.
Great company but could do a lot more to improve management to help organization
nurse aide (Current Employee) –  OhioJanuary 4, 2016
Biggest issue, constantly being understaffed and taking care of 21 to 23 patients at a time all while dealing with drama filled Co workers who don't like to help as a team. And if you report to management they are just two faced or never resolve the issue. Fail to see if we were fully staffed the paying patients could receive the care and time they deserve but they are too worried about money. We had a "communication meeting" but that was it. Still drama. Maybe it's just my facilitiy but I've never worked at a place compared to this.
Pros
Seeing the patients happy, knowing you did something to make their day better
Cons
Unorganized, over work you, two faced people
great place for work
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHNovember 13, 2015
a typical day at work involves dish washing, cleaning, some days working on the room service tray line. my coworkers were nice
Physician Liaison Team
Physician Liaison (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHNovember 5, 2015
Great opportunity for training and development. Staff was extremely helpful and the culture was that of a typical teaching hospital. A little behind the times as far as infrastructure and technology to support staff.
Pros
training
Cons
job security
I enjoy working at Kettering Medical Center
Unit Service Coordinator (USC/HUC) (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHNovember 3, 2015
The staff that i work with at Kettering Medical Center is very professional and efficient.

Although I feel like advancement and job changing is very fair and encouraged within Kettering Hospital, I feel like the benefits for the employees could be better such as PTO.
Co-Workers
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHOctober 30, 2015
I work with an amazing team of nurses, physicians, nursing assistants, and many more staff members. I would not be able to do the job I do on a daily basis without such an amazing team.
Pros
Great team work
Cons
Awful lunch and little down time for breaks
Nice faith based hospital
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 4, 2015
surporting staff, did not interact much with management as i was mostly on night shift, a nice place to work. you can call with any question you may have
Pros
team work
Cons
not properly staffed
action packed adventure
Case Manager/Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHJuly 29, 2015
I began my nursing career in a cardiac ICU recovering open heart patients. I enjoyed the autonomy and fullfillment of being able to work with patients during such a critical time in their life. It was an amazing experience and opened the door for me to begin another avenue of nursing.
Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHJuly 20, 2015
I have worked at this hospital for 6 years I really enjoy what I do and I love that I am able to help patients for what they need. I am looking to relocate to a new environment.
Worst company I ever worked for.
Environmental Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHMarch 24, 2015
The position itself was okay. It was cleaning rooms. But, when my pager would go off and I didn't call to see what room needed done right away, I was yelled at. I finally couldn't take getting yelled at all the time. I would never recommend this job to anyone.
Excellent Team Player and always a Positive Attitude
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHJanuary 2, 2015
Answer phones
Support 2 Program Directors with all Administrative Duties, and an Associate Program Director

Help manage 40 residents conference attendance, evaluation files and recommendation letters and forms

Maintain resident Portfolio files

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kettering Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Kettering Medical Center Reviews by Location