Kettering Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

I enjoy working at Kettering Medical Center
Unit Service Coordinator (USC/HUC) (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHNovember 3, 2015
The staff that i work with at Kettering Medical Center is very professional and efficient.

Although I feel like advancement and job changing is very fair and encouraged within Kettering Hospital, I feel like the benefits for the employees could be better such as PTO.
Great company but could do a lot more to improve management to help organization
nurse aide (Current Employee) –  OhioJanuary 4, 2016
Biggest issue, constantly being understaffed and taking care of 21 to 23 patients at a time all while dealing with drama filled Co workers who don't like to help as a team. And if you report to management they are just two faced or never resolve the issue. Fail to see if we were fully staffed the paying patients could receive the care and time they deserve but they are too worried about money. We had a "communication meeting" but that was it. Still drama. Maybe it's just my facilitiy but I've never worked at a place compared to this.
Pros
Seeing the patients happy, knowing you did something to make their day better
Cons
Unorganized, over work you, two faced people
Physician Liaison Team
Physician Liaison (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHNovember 5, 2015
Great opportunity for training and development. Staff was extremely helpful and the culture was that of a typical teaching hospital. A little behind the times as far as infrastructure and technology to support staff.
Pros
training
Cons
job security
Excellent place to work
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OhioOctober 9, 2013
There are many ways to contribute at Kettering Health Network. They have a number of facilities and are very pro-active about engaging the employee in making improvements.

They have good compensation packages. The managers are usually well-trained. I worked with a lot of very intelligent and hard-working people.

I still maintain contact with some of my former co-workers even after many years.
Pros
generally flexible hours, caring attitude, good facilities
Cons
support staff get moved sometimes more often than others.
Co-Workers
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHOctober 30, 2015
I work with an amazing team of nurses, physicians, nursing assistants, and many more staff members. I would not be able to do the job I do on a daily basis without such an amazing team.
Pros
Great team work
Cons
Awful lunch and little down time for breaks
great place for work
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHNovember 13, 2015
a typical day at work involves dish washing, cleaning, some days working on the room service tray line. my coworkers were nice
action packed adventure
Case Manager/Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHJuly 29, 2015
I began my nursing career in a cardiac ICU recovering open heart patients. I enjoyed the autonomy and fullfillment of being able to work with patients during such a critical time in their life. It was an amazing experience and opened the door for me to begin another avenue of nursing.
Nice faith based hospital
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 4, 2015
surporting staff, did not interact much with management as i was mostly on night shift, a nice place to work. you can call with any question you may have
Pros
team work
Cons
not properly staffed
A nice place to work
R.N. (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHJuly 12, 2012
Very fast paced and busy. I learned to be organized. Learned alot about different pt. diagnosis. I worked as a team member. I helped other co-workers. The hardest part of the job was working short handed. I enjoyed working with my co-workers.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
working short
Excellant teaching hospital
Surgery RN (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHJune 3, 2013
I give it a rating of 5 star hospital. As mentioned above it is excellant teaching hospital, keeps up on newest technoligy, newest surgery trends
Pros
excellant benefits
Cons
parking to far from hospital
Staff Nurse ER (Current Employee) –  Kettering OhioJune 27, 2013
work with a great group of people who are very supportive and caring. whenever I need help there is always someone there to assist.
Pros
great benefits, great coworkers
Productive and a Great Place to Work
Certified Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHDecember 15, 2014
After walking onto the Central Processing floor I would ask my team leader what they needed to have me do and do it. We had busy Operating Rooms so we were always running. I learned so much. I got certified while working there in Central Processing. Working at KMCN taught me so much. The people that I worked with became my family and not just my friends. The management had an open door policy and would work with us not just manage us. I always thought that was cool. There really wasn't a hard part of the job we worked together as a team so well that when anything difficult arose we got it done. To this day I miss my job that I had there and I miss my family.
Pros
excellent pay and insurance
Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHJuly 20, 2015
I have worked at this hospital for 6 years I really enjoy what I do and I love that I am able to help patients for what they need. I am looking to relocate to a new environment.
over all wonderful job
Time management (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHApril 21, 2012
A typical day was prepping for work,getting assignments thru the epic system,once you get that done I would begin cleaning to the best of my ability in a timely fashion finish go back to computer do it all over again etc. I learned to be compassionate,understanding,and displaying customer service in an area that was different to me.I had excellent co-workers whom were team players,wonderful management also.The hardest part was when you see a family greiving from a death.The most enjoyable part was being able to cheer some up,pray with them and they really appreciate it.
Pros
taken lunch when it was convient for you.
Cons
parking it was hard to find a parking spot.
Secure area to work
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHMay 3, 2012
working the second and third shift, my day was filled with emergency patient admits and seeing alot of surgery patients come in and out. I learned alot about medicines and illnesses and surgeries. I loved my co-workers and other employees throughout the hospital. Being on the late shift, we didn't have to deal with management too much! The hardest part of the job was when man patients arrive and many patients leave at the same times. The most enjoyable part of the job was is seeing a very sick patient get well and be able to go home after a lengthy visit
Pros
3 days on 3 days off
Cons
40 hours in 3 days.
Worst company I ever worked for.
Environmental Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHMarch 24, 2015
The position itself was okay. It was cleaning rooms. But, when my pager would go off and I didn't call to see what room needed done right away, I was yelled at. I finally couldn't take getting yelled at all the time. I would never recommend this job to anyone.
Great place to learn how to perform more advanced MRI exams.
Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologist (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHOctober 31, 2012
The work load was difficult at times because of the continued adding on of both in and out patients. Sometimes there wasn't a feeling of accomplishment beacuse no matter how many patients you started with at the begining of your shift, there were more patients on the schedule by the end of your shift. Sometimes you would receive a bonus check from the company. The hardest part of the job was trying to put patients in limited slots. The most enjoyable part of the job were the people I worked with.
Pros
matching funds and bonus checks
Cons
short lunches and being called in for non-emergency exams.
nice place, don't stand up for the patients if you want to keep your job.
instrument technician (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHFebruary 11, 2013
what i learned about kettering medical is there is a lot of talk about doing the right thing and having integrity...but when it comes down to it , they are more concerned with politics than doing right by the patients. favorites are played all the time.
Pros
it is great until you rock the boat. then watch out.
Cons
you will be black balled, and never given another chance.
Excellent Team Player and always a Positive Attitude
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHJanuary 2, 2015
Answer phones
Support 2 Program Directors with all Administrative Duties, and an Associate Program Director

Help manage 40 residents conference attendance, evaluation files and recommendation letters and forms

Maintain resident Portfolio files
Chaplain
Resource Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHDecember 15, 2013
I loved working for Kettering Medical center, it's great place to work at. Most days or evening are busying helping people in times of crisis. Most employees work as a team and it's a great team to work with.
Pros
great pay